I Love Beirut Livestream benefit concert : 19 Sept. 2020

Kumazzz

The gig feels like a new episode of Casa Mika for me... At first I thought it will be a small garden gig with Mika singing but now it seems Mika invited the whole world to join him in his house (of course virtual). :biggrin2:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

The gig feels like a new episode of Casa Mika for me... At first I thought it will be a small garden gig with Mika singing but now it seems Mika invited the whole world to join him in his house (of course virtual). :biggrin2:

Ha ha ha! This is what he said in Domenica in yesterday. He was surprised by the reactions of other artists.

Even when he was saying this on his face was this expression of "I can't believe it"!

On the other hand it's a great moment for Mika to work again as a director of a big show. He has this selfconfidence after "Stasera Casa Mika". And he looks so happy! Of course the main goal is to collect money for Beirut. But the situation pushed him to do something special. And it will be special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Indeed. In a way I'm a bit sad that the "intimate gig" is getting so huge, because more guests means less Mika for us... but of course I know that this is not about us, it's a gig for Beirut and not primarily for his fans, and to reach the goal of collecting lots of money for that, it's the bigger, the better. :thumb_yello: And if it's anything like Stasera Casa Mika, I'm sure I'll love it. :wub2:

I hope a little bit though that he enjoys it enough to feel motivated to do it again with just him playing for his fans, I think even in a livestream it makes a difference whether it's a million people watching or just a few thousand. At the arena shows of his Revelation Tour he managed to make it feel intimate despite the venue size & amount of people, but I doubt this would work in a livestream. Who knows though, he often manages to surprise us, right? :teehee:

What do you all think he'll do with languages? I suppose it'll mainly be in English, but will he talk with the different guests in their respective languages? Is it possible on a Youtube livestream to add some sort of realtime subtitles, that he could use to make everyone understand him? Would he translate it all himself into different languages? Or just stick to English? I'm quite curious about that.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, vixenbbw said:

Does anyone know whether you can watch the show later or if I miss it live, it’s gone?

You have 3 chances to watch it live, but you'd need an extra ticket for a different timezone. The American stream would be in the middle of the night, but the one for Asia is Sunday 11:00 am UK time, maybe you can watch that one if you miss the original one?

As Deb said in yesterday's MFC IG live, all we know for sure is that there'll be these 3 livestreams. Some fans hope there'll be a DVD, but so far it doesn't look like there'll be one.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Could we use this place to live comment the show??? I'M SO EXCITED!!!

I think it's going to be pretty quiet here during the concert. 😆

I'd much rather be focused on Mika than checking notifications here. I'll probably come back an hour after the show to join any discussions though 😊

• Like 4

On 9/16/2020 at 11:07 PM, vixenbbw said:

Does anyone know whether you can watch the show later or if I miss it live, it’s gone?

I just wonder.... because sometime I was watching live streaming on YouTube (not paid - just regular ones) and usually even if I started to watch later I was able to click on the red line down the screen and start watching from the beginning.

So if you are late for Mika's show maybe you could skip back to the beginning as well?

Here is the screen of the live broadcasting from USA. You can try to click on the red line.

image.thumb.png.a8528e7156c7bac78fe294ee54944632.png

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So if you are late for Mika's show maybe you could skip back to the beginning as well?

This is what they say in the email:

"What if I am late?

If you are a little late joining the stream, don’t worry, you will be able to start it from the beginning for a limited time."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marika said:

Is it normal that the link in the mail is not working yet at this moment? 🙄 

Yes, it works only when the concerts starts. I arrive to a page, where it says that the video is private.

• Like 1

In 2010 I travelled from London via Cyprus to Beirut and then on to Baalbeck, and was sitting in these grounds waiting for the gates to open and Mika's gig to start.

900220069_baalbeck010.thumb.JPG.3a27693777f5a46a767c0dc82f3aa2f3.JPG

In 2020 I have travelled 3 metres from the sofa to the table,. and am waiting for Mika's virtual gig to start!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 4