Bella d'estate - a duo Mika and Michele Bravi - released 28/08/2020

Translation from Italian:

My new Italian single comes out at midnight! Great inspirations are born from the love for beautiful music! I recorded a cover of the fantastic song Bella d’Estate that Mango wrote with Lucio Dalla in the 1980s. With me in this new version there is @michelebravi: we had fun in a duet that will surprise you! Production by @thekatoo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's funny like this song sounds for me a litte bit like Sanremo, Even the lyrics.

È solo un addio
Credimi io non ci penso mai
Vedo che hai pianto
Tu lo sapevi ma da quando?
Bella d'estate vai
Via da me
Notte d'incanto
È bello vedere le luci laggiù
Io sono stanco
Non voglio parlare, parla tu
Bella d'estate vai
Via da me
Forse perché ti credevo felice così
Proprio così fra le mie braccia
Forse perché ci bastava arrivare fin qui
Come onde di notte sulla spiaggia
Oh, la la la la la la
Oh, la la la la la la
Piccoli fuochi
Noi siamo zingari di periferia
I nostri son giochi
Che durano poco
E la notte se li porta via
Bella d'estate vai
Via da me
Forse perché ti credevo felice così
Proprio così fra le mie braccia
Forse perché ci bastava arrivare fin qui
Oh, la la la la la la
Oh, la la la la la la
Chiudi gli occhi e ti senti per sempre così
Ancora qui fra le mie braccia
Per tutti e due basterebbe tornare fin qui

English translation

It's just goodbye
Believe me I never think about it
I see you cried
You knew it but since when?
Beautiful in summer go
Get away from me
Enchanting night
It's nice to see the lights over there
I'm tired
I don't want to talk, you talk
Beautiful in summer go
Get away from me
Maybe because I thought you were so happy
Just like that in my arms
Perhaps because it was enough for us to get here
Like waves at night on the beach
Oh, la la la la la la
Oh, la la la la la la
Small fires
We are suburban gypsies
Ours are games
Which do not last long
And the night takes them away
Beautiful in summer go
Get away from me
Maybe because I thought you were so happy
Just like that in my arms
Perhaps because it was enough for us to get here
Oh, la la la la la la
Oh, la la la la la la
Close your eyes and forever feel like this
Still here in my arms
For both of us it would be enough to go back here
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

more information on FB.

MIKA e MICHELE BRAVI: BELLA D'ESTATE
Annunciata a sorpresa la loro collaborazione musicale:
Disponibile dal 28 agosto su tutte le piattaforme di streaming e download. Il singolo è stato prodotto da Francesco "Katoo" Catitti.
La star internazionale Mika ha deciso di registrare una cover di “Bella d'Estate” quando stava preparando una playlist di musica italiana all’inizio di questa stagione estiva: "Quasi per caso ho riscoperto Bella d'Estate e spontaneamente, senza pianificazione, mi è venuta l'idea di cantarla. E’ una cover nata per amore della canzone stessa, per amore di Mango, ma anche di Lucio Dalla, che ha scritto il testo e di cui sono un grande ammiratore. Ho incontrato subito l'entusiasmo di Katoo per questo progetto e ci siamo divertiti a creare una rilettura rispettosa, ma in chiave contemporanea. Mentre eravamo in studio, Katoo mi ha proposto di trasformarla in un duetto e abbiamo pensato di coinvolgere Michele Bravi, con cui lui lavora da tempo, e con entusiasmo è arrivata la sua adesione. Sono stato molto felice di ritrovarlo!”
Michele Bravi si è detto “affascinato dall’attenzione che ha avuto Mika nel voler riscoprire e ripresentare al pubblico un gioiello raro della nostra musica. È un onore per me poter condividere insieme alla sua professionalità lo spazio di questa canzone, che insieme celebra l’incontro tra diverse creatività e il patrimonio musicale italiano”
Mika e Michele Bravi si sono conosciuti a X Factor nel 2013: Mika debuttava come giudice, mentre Michele era concorrente e poi vincitore di quella edizione. Successivamente si sono ritrovati nel 2016 quando Mika ha invitato Michele al suo one man show Stasera CasaMika su Raidue. Quest'anno Mika sarà di nuovo giudice a X Factor, in onda su Sky dal 17 settembre, mentre il 19 settembre terrà I ❤ Beirut , uno show speciale in streaming su YouTube per raccogliere fondi a sostegno della sua città natale, ferita dalle recenti esplosioni. Michele Bravi sta per pubblicare il suo nuovo concept album “La geografia del buio” che contiene anche il fortunato brano uscito in anteprima a Maggio “La vita breve dei coriandoli”.
Mika e Michele Bravi saranno sul paco dei Seat Music Awards in onda su Raiuno il 5 settembre dall'Arena di Verona per cantare insieme Bella d'Estate.

English translation

MIKA and MICHELE BRAVI: BEAUTIFUL IN THE SUMMER
Surprise announcement of their musical collaboration:
Available from August 28 on all streaming and download platforms. The single was produced by Francesco "Katoo" Catitti.
 The international star Mika decided to record a cover of "Bella d'Estate" when he was preparing an Italian music playlist at the beginning of this summer season: "Almost by chance I rediscovered Bella d'Estate and spontaneously, without planning the idea of singing it came up. It is a cover born for the love for the song itself, for the love to Mango, but also to Lucio Dalla, who wrote the lyrics and of whom I am a great admirer. I immediately met the enthusiasm of Katoo for this project and we had fun creating a respectful but contemporary reinterpretation. While we were in the studio, Katoo asked me to turn it into a duet and we thought of involving Michele Bravi, with whom he has been working for some time, and with enthusiasm he has arrived for his participation. I was very happy to meet him again! "
Michele Bravi said he was "fascinated by the attention that Mika had in wanting to rediscover and present to the public a rare jewel of our music. It is an honor for me to be able to share the space of this song together with his professionalism, which together celebrates the encounter between different creatives and the Italian musical heritage "
Mika and Michele Bravi met at X Factor in 2013: Mika made his debut as a judge, while Michele was a competitor and then winner of that edition. Later they met in 2016 when Mika invited Michele to his one man show Stasera Casa Mika on Raidue. This year Mika will again be a judge at X Factor, airing on Sky from September 17, while on September 19 he will hold I ❤ Beirut, a special show streaming on YouTube to raise funds to support his hometown, which was wounded by the recent explosions. . Michele Bravi is about to release his new concept album “La geografia del buio” which also contains the lucky song that premiered in May “La vita breve dei coriandoli”.
Mika and Michele Bravi will be on the Seat Music Awards  broadcast on Raiuno on September 5th from the Verona Arena to sing" Bella d'Estate" together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Sorry...

At least I like Michele, he was my favorite from XF :)  I find the original version of the song quite depressive, but we'll see, maybe the duet will have a different vibe.

• Like 3

:italia:

#Mika e #MicheleBravi saranno sul palco dei #SeatMusicAwards20 in onda su Raiuno il 5 settembre dall'Arena di Verona per cantare insieme per la prima volta la cover “Bella d'Estate” di Mango, brano in uscita domani

:uk:

#Mika and #MicheleBravi will be on the stage of the #SeatMusicAwards20 broadcast on Raiuno on September 5th from the Verona Arena to sing together for the first time the cover "Bella d'Estate" by Mango, a song out tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

radiodate.it

MIKA "Bella D'Estate" | (Radio Date: 28/08/2020)

:italia:

MIKA e MICHELE BRAVI

BELLA D'ESTATE

A SORPRESA IL NUOVO SINGOLO
DA VENERDI' 28 AGOSTO

Annunciata a sorpresa la loro collaborazione musicale: esce a mezzanotte BELLA D'ESTATE, cover del celebre successo di Mango.

Disponibile dal 28/8 su tutte le piattaforme di streaming e download, il singolo è stato prodotto da Francesco "Katoo" Catitti.

La star internazionale Mika ha deciso di registrare una cover di Bella d'Estate quando stava preparando una playlist di musica italiana all’inizio di questa stagione estiva:

"Quasi per caso ho riscoperto Bella d'Estate e spontaneamente, senza pianificazione, mi è venuta l'idea di cantarla. E’ una cover nata per amore della canzone stessa, per amore di Mango, ma anche di Lucio Dalla, che ha scritto il testo e di cui sono un grande ammiratore. Ho incontrato subito l'entusiasmo di Katoo per questo progetto e ci siamo divertiti a creare una rilettura rispettosa, ma in chiave contemporanea. Mentre eravamo in studio, Katoo mi ha proposto di trasformarla in un duetto e abbiamo pensato di coinvolgere Michele Bravi, con cui lui lavora da tempo, e con entusiasmo è arrivata la sua adesione. Sono stato molto felice di ritrovarlo!”

Michele Bravi si è detto “ affascinato dall’attenzione che ha avuto Mika nel voler riscoprire e ripresentare al pubblico un gioiello raro della nostra musica. È un onore per me poter condividere insieme alla sua professionalità lo spazio di questa canzone, che insieme celebra l’incontro tra diverse creatività e il patrimonio musicale italiano”

Mika e Michele Bravi si sono conosciuti a X Factor nel 2013: Mika debuttava come giudice, mentre Michele era concorrente e poi vincitore di quella edizione. Successivamente si sono ritrovati nel 2016 quando Mika ha invitato Michele al suo one man show Stasera CasaMika su Raidue. Quest'anno Mika sarà di nuovo giudice a X Factor, in onda su Sky dal 17 settembre, mentre il 19 settembre terrà I ❤️ Beirut , uno show speciale in streaming su YouTube per raccogliere fondi a sostegno della sua città natale, ferita dalle recenti esplosioni. Michele Bravi sta per pubblicare il suo nuovo concept album “La geografia del buio” che contiene anche il fortunato brano uscito in anteprima a Maggio “La vita breve dei coriandoli”.

Mika e Michele Bravi saranno sul paco dei Seat Music Awards in onda su Raiuno il 5 settembre dall'Arena di Verona per cantare insieme Bella d'Estate.

Filippo Gimigliano (Universal)

:uk:

MIKA and MICHELE BRAVI

BEAUTIFUL IN SUMMER

A SURPRISE THE NEW SINGLE
FROM FRIDAY 28 AUGUST

Surprise announced their musical collaboration: BELLA D'ESTATE comes out at midnight, cover of the famous success of Mango.

Available from 28/8 on all streaming and download platforms, the single was produced by Francesco "Katoo" Catitti.

The international star Mika decided to record a cover of Bella d'Estate when he was preparing an Italian music playlist at the beginning of this summer season:

"Almost by chance I rediscovered Bella d'Estate and spontaneously, without planning, it came to me the idea of singing it. It is a cover born for the love of the song itself, for the love of Mango, but also of Lucio Dalla, who wrote the lyrics and of whom I am a great admirer. I immediately met Katoo's enthusiasm for this project and we had fun creating a respectful but contemporary reinterpretation. While we were in the studio, Katoo asked me to turn it into a duet and we thought of involving Michele Bravi, with whom he has been working for some time, and with enthusiasm he is his membership has arrived. I was very happy to find him again! "

Michele Bravi said he was "fascinated by the attention that Mika had in wanting to rediscover and present to the public a rare jewel of our music. It is an honor for me to be able to share the space of this song together with his professionalism, which together celebrates the encounter between different creatives and the Italian musical heritage "

Mika and Michele Bravi met at X Factor in 2013: Mika made his debut as a judge, while Michele was a competitor and then winner of that edition. Later they met in 2016 when Mika invited Michele to his one man show Tonight CasaMika on Raidue. This year Mika will again be a judge at X Factor, broadcast on Sky from 17 September, while on 19 September she will hold I ❤️ Beirut, a special show streaming on YouTube to raise funds to support her hometown, which has been hurt by recent explosions. Michele Bravi is about to release his new concept album "The geography of darkness" which also contains the successful song released in May "The short life of confetti".

Mika and Michele Bravi will be on the Seat Music Awards package broadcast on Raiuno on September 5th from the Verona Arena to sing Bella d'Estate together.

Filippo Gimigliano (Universal)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A new candidate for the list of my least fave Mika songs. Not too fond of the original song either, the 80s vibe of that was ok, but they totally destroyed that with this electronic sound. Ah well, I can't like them all, right? :bleh:

• Like 3

Well I had a hectic day and evening...but just finding out about the two new songs and listened to them and kind of disappointed by both....I was expecting Mika songs, those are duets, one is a cover.

Right now I tend to like Bella d'estate better but I would prefer it with only Mika's voice and  less electronic. But although I hope bot new songs will grow on me I am not convinced they will...

• Like 5

I have mixed feelings about the song. I like the sound, I like Mika's voice in it. But I don't feel comfortable when Mika sings in Italian. I don't know why, perhaps it is because of his accent it feels like singing in Italian doesn't suit Mika. I don't have problems with Mika singing in French, I don't speak  both Italian and French. It's my personal thing I believe. And I so don't like Michele's voice in this song. The good thing is these's not much of Michele there. So I'd prefer this song to be without Michele and in English, like Center of Gravity. But we can't have everything we want, can we? :wink2:

Edited by Mousetrap
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Well I had a hectic day and evening...but just finding out about the two new songs and listened to them and kind of disappointed by both....I was expecting Mika songs, those are duets, one is a cover.

Same here, and I'm more than sure that this time they won't grow on me at all, it's just not Mika :(  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MayaBelgium said:

Same Same ... most of the time, I'm really disapointed with collaborations :😟

It doesnt sound like Mika's music to me.  Dunno why so many collaborations :dunno:

• Like 2