Le Cœur Holiday - Song and Lyrics Discussion

krysady

I like Soprano, he's a nice and humble guy. The question is : if you wouldn't know that Mika is involved in this, would you still listen to it? I mean there's a lot of French songs with the same rhythm, exactly this commercial type of beat, all the productions of Kakou prod sounds like that, it's the same pattern. 

I don't find their voices matching well together at all. Mika and Jack Savoretti, that's a perfect match :wub2:  The lyrics have nothing special or any deepness, it's just like someone put together randomly some words. 

Probably it's just me, but I can't find absolutely nothing from Mika in this song, I'm sorry... 

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, krysady said:

I like Soprano, he's a nice and humble guy. The question is : if you wouldn't know that Mika is involved in this, would you still listen to it? I mean there's a lot of French songs with the same rhythm, exactly this commercial type of beat, all the productions of Kakou prod sounds like that, it's the same pattern. 

I don't find their voices matching well together at all. Mika and Jack Savoretti, that's a perfect match :wub2:  The lyrics have nothing special or any deepness, it's just like someone put together randomly some words. 

Probably it's just me, but I can't find absolutely nothing from Mika in this song, I'm sorry... 

You’re right, I would probably not seek it out to listen to. If I have Spotify on, it will suggest songs that I would like based on my playlist and this one would probably pass by. With some songs I would stop and then add it to my playlist, this one could be one of those. But of course I’m overly biased, because Mika is in it 😊

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, krysady said:

I don't listen to and don't know the most of modern French songs, I actually hardly have more then 20 French songs in my playlist, the half of them are old or very old :) And I don't know who is Kakou :) So for me the sound of the song is fresh and catchy. Would I listen to the song without Mika? Probable yes. I can't say I love the song, I can't say I will listen to it often, it doesn't sound Mikaish. But it's nice, it makes me want to move and I don't understand the lyrics anyway :))

And don't be sorry ;) I don't like the half of MNIMH and I'm not sorry about it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mousetrap said:

So for me the sound of the song is fresh and catchy

We used to get on TV a lot of French gigs with rap and hip hop singers and all the songs have the same beat, you should search for it if you like this kind of music. Believe me, you'll find a lot of songs, it's not new and it's the same catchy rhythm. Kakou is one of the production teams working with this musical style, afro trap.

19 minutes ago, Mousetrap said:

And don't be sorry ;) I don't like the half of MNIMH and I'm not sorry about it.

I'm with you here, you know it :teehee:

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, krysady said:

We used to get on TV a lot of French gigs with rap and hip hop singers and all the songs have the same beat, you should search for it if you like this kind of music. Believe me, you'll find a lot of songs, it's not new and it's the same catchy rhythm. Kakou is one of the production teams working with this musical style, afro trap.

I can't say I like rap or hip hop that much, there're only two rap songs in my play list and they both sounds completely different to Le cœur Holiday :)  This kind of beat and rhythm is new to me perhaps that's why I like this song. I just like diversity in music I listen to. But again I don't like Le cœur Holiday THAT much. One song in this style is enough form me :teehee:

34 minutes ago, krysady said:

I'm with you here, you know it :teehee:

:pinkbow:

• Like 1

As I said in bella d'estate my day and evening have been hectic so I  found out about the new songs an hour ago. This one is probably the one I like less of the two. I was hoping for Mika songs...

I fell asleep before posting this last night so it just got posted now :doh:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

Usually I don't like collaborations with other artists ... and once again.. eeeeek 😬 Like said before, this is so commercial and empty... When you haveTiny love compare to this, there's a hole sooo big between the two songs ! I'm sure he had to adapt to soprano's style (I don't like - dislike this artist, it's juste not my jam). But as i feared, the lyrics are ... meh (I don't like his french songs, don't shoot at me haha). The beat is really basic and it's the kind of song that is played one summer and forgotten juste after that. I'm so sorry to be that negative, it doesn't happpen often with Mika. But as fan as I am, it's not an excuse to say that I like EVERYTHING and that Mika's a genius. Sometimes, it's less good and that's my opinion for this song 😟

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MayaBelgium said:

But as i feared, the lyrics are ... meh

Thanks for confirming as someone who really understand them... it's a bunch of words with no meaning :dunno:

12 minutes ago, MayaBelgium said:

But as fan as I am, it's not an excuse to say that I like EVERYTHING and that Mika's a genius.

:yeah:   

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, MayaBelgium said:

Usually I don't like collaborations with other artists ... and once again.. eeeeek 😬 Like said before, this is so commercial and empty... When you haveTiny love compare to this, there's a hole sooo big between the two songs ! I'm sure he had to adapt to soprano's style (I don't like - dislike this artist, it's juste not my jam). But as i feared, the lyrics are ... meh (I don't like his french songs, don't shoot at me haha). The beat is really basic and it's the kind of song that is played one summer and forgotten juste after that. I'm so sorry to be that negative, it doesn't happpen often with Mika. But as fan as I am, it's not an excuse to say that I like EVERYTHING and that Mika's a genius. Sometimes, it's less good and that's my opinion for this song 😟

Ohh someone who thinks like me. I've been saying that for some time , that as a fan I dont have to like everything he does and that's why I've created "enemies" and it seems I've become a bad fan. I love his music but lately I see that musically speaking, he's a little out of shape. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Before premiere of these two new songs I was almost 100% sure that I will prefer the italian one. Well surprise surprise! when I heard them I really liked Le coeur holiday, it's catchy and for me it feels more like Mika than Belle d'estate. I like some parts of the italian cover but something is missing there... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is a translation to English.

I find this song very positive, very "stay high".

And of course you have to dance, dance, dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LE COEUR HOLIDAY

I watch the river in front of me

I send my prayers to its Gods

I have never seen winter

winter so cold

Never the hell so low

Hey, move your body to the left and to the right

Hey, let’s move, we are not automates

Let’s dance elbow to elbow

We don’t need to have doubts

Hey, shake your body, don’t stay in your bed

What are you talking about? You’ve already said that.

Put anything on you, Play any song you want

Hey pump up the volume

There are too many things in our heads

nights without advice

Keep the party in your heart, the holiday in your heart

We feel good anywhere we are

This is our sun

Keep your heart high, the holiday in your heart

When you fall on your knees keep the party in your heart

Keep your heart high, keep the holiday in your heart

And if the live drives you crazy, even without the sun

Hear the thunderstorms in my voice

They provoke rage, against whom?

Hey, move your body to the left and to the right

Hey, let’s move, we are not automates

Let’s dance elbow to elbow

We don’t need to have doubts

Hey, shake your body, don’t stay in your bed

What are you talking about? You’ve already said so.

Put anything on you, Play any song you want

Hey pump up the volume

There are too many things in our heads

nights without advice

Keep the party in your heart, the holiday in your heart

We feel good anywhere we are

This is our sun

Keep your heart high, the holiday in your heart

When you fall on your knees  keep the party in your heart

With you anywhere in Miami or Marseille

Keep your heart high, keep he holiday in your heart

With you anywhere in Miami or Marseille

When you fall on your knees keep the party in your heart

lalalalalalalalalalalalala

lalalalalalalalalalalalala

I'd translate some things a bit differently 

"Look at these rivers under my eyes" (That imo means that he's crying )

My prayers to these gods

I haven’t seen winter, winter so cold
Never hell, from so low
Come on, move your body left and right
Come on, we’re twisting, we’re not automatons
Come on, come dance, dance no matter what, we don’t need, to doubt
Come on, shake it, don’t just stand in your bed
What are you talking about? You’ve already said all that
Put on anything, any song
Come on, turn it up, there’s too much in our heads, nights without advice
Keep  celebration in your heart, the holiday heart 
We’re fine anywhere, this is the sun
Keep your heart up, a holiday heart
And when you fall to your knees, keep celebration in your heart
Keep your heart up, keep a  holiday rt
And if life drives you crazy, even without the sun
Keep your heart up, keep a holiday heart 
See these storms in my voice
This rage against what?
Come on, move your body left and right
Come on, we’re twisting, we’re not automatons
Come on, come dance, dance no matter what, we don’t need, no need to doubt
Come on, shake it, don’t  stand there in your  bed
What are you talking about? You’ve already said all that
Put on anything, any song
Come on, turn it up, there’s too much in our heads, nights without advice
Keep  celebration in your heart, the holiday heart 
We’re fine anywhere, that’s the sun
Keep your heart up, your holiday heart
And when you fall to your knees, keep celebration in your heart 
Keep your heart up, keep a holiday heart 
Keep your heart up, keep a holiday heart 
With you, anywhere, Miami or Marseille
Keep your heart up, your heart holiday
With you, anywhere, Miami or Marseille
Keep your heart up, your heart holiday
And when you fall to your knees, keep celebration in your heart i
Keep your heart up, keep your heart holiday
Keep your heart up, keep your heart holiday
Lalalalala, lalalala, lalala
Lalalalala, lalalala, lalalalala"

The song is obviously much more Soprano-ish than Mika-ish and I was not convinced at all after the first play 

But while listening a bit more I had to admit that the lyrics are much deeper than I first thought and that the music can easily be successful on radio 

I finally ended with a smile and a good mood and I think that's what this song is making for

I saw somewhere during the lockdown that Soprano's dad died from Covid in may and that he had chronicle diseases .

Don't know which ones but it's possible that he shared the same feelings that Mika's ones about parent's illness and maybe discussed about it while recording "the voice" ?

That may explain that they decided for a while to do something positiv to "stay high"

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm really trying hard to like this song but to me it sounds really bland. Now I quite like the Italian one but with this one it's still the same. It's strange because it seems most of you think otherwise. :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm really trying hard to like this song but to me it sounds really bland. Now I quite like the Italian one but with this one it's still the same. It's strange because it seems most of you think otherwise. :dunno:

Everyone has own tastes .....that's why .....:wink2:

Edited by carafon
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, carafon said:

Everyone has own tastes .....that's why .....:wink2:

I know but it seems to me that everyone likes this song and I really wanna join the party but I have the feeling, I'm listening to a different song than the rest... :sweatdrop::lol3:

• Like 2