Le Cœur Holiday - Song and Lyrics Discussion

krysady

11 minutes ago, Mousetrap said:

Poor squirrel :tears: It's really not what I need these days. This video makes me want to cry. To cry about cartoon squirrel. Why this story has to be so sad?

You wanted to cry? I was crying like a baby!!!! Hopefully I had my Lotus tissues  :wink2:

I don't like watching the cartoons like "Lion King" or "Bambi" because they make me cry. This time Mika made this! 

But on the other hand it's about life, frienship, death and.... maybe about reincarnation or spiritual journey???

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You wanted to cry? I was crying like a baby!!!! Hopefully I had my Lotus tissues  :wink2:

I managed to hold tears perhaps that's why I feel myself so sad.

13 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I don't like watching the cartoons like "Lion King" or "Bambi" because they make me cry. This time Mika made this! 

But on the other hand it's about life, frienship, death and.... maybe about reincarnation or spiritual journey???

I didn't watch "Lion King" and "Bambi" :) And I'd prefer this cartoon to be only about life and friendship. I have enough deaths around me in real life for the last couple of years. Well, I know it's just a cartoon, but it's not the kind of emotions I want to get from Mika and his music at the moment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mousetrap said:

I know it's just a cartoon, but it's not the kind of emotions I want to get from Mika and his music at the moment.

You know that Mika means happiness mixed with sadness, otherwise is not Mika :wink2:

7 minutes ago, Mousetrap said:

I have enough deaths around me in real life for the last couple of years.

I'm sorry for you :hug:

• Like 2

The animation is absolutely beautiful! I cried too 😭, it's not just that it's a cartoon squirrel, (which does remind of animated films which also make me cry, Lion King being one of them) it's the emotion behind it. The timid soft panther at the beginning, becoming friends and protecting the squirrel and then the savagery of being a big cat comes out, but unintentionally hurting the squirrel, then the cat feels guilt and continues to mourn. It's relatable to real life, at least to me, that's why I found it so emotional. 😔

I really want to do fan art of the video and I would also love to know the names of the artists and animators, they deserve so much credit!

• Like 4

On 9/8/2020 at 1:19 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

So I translated the lyrics into English

Le coeur holiday English translation

See those rivers under my eyes

My prayers to those Gods

I have never seen a winter, such a cold winter

Never seen hell, from so close

Come on, move your body to the right and to the left

Come on, twist yourself

We are not automatons

Come on, dance, dance at whatever cost, we don't need, we don't need doubts

Come on, move, don't stay in your bed

What are you saying? You already said all that stuff

Turn on any music, any song.

Come on, turn it up, there are too many things in our heads, too many nights without advice

Keep celebrating in your heart, keep your heart on holidays

We are fine anywhere, this is what the sun is

Keep celebrating in your heart, keep your heart on holidays

And when you fall down on your knees, keep your heart on holidays

And if life drives you crazy, even without the sun

Keep your heart high, keep celebrating in your heart

With you, no matter where , in Miami or Marseille

Keep your heart high, keep your heart on holidays

With you, no matter where , in Miami or Marseille

Keep your heart high, keep your heart on holidays

And when you fall down on your knees, keep your heart on holidays

And if life drives you crazy, even without the sun

Keep your heart high, keep celebrating in your heart

Anne , you forgot Soprano's solo line ( See this thunder in my voice , this rage about what...)

And I'm not sure if "mets n'importe quoi, n'importe quelle chanson " is only about music in the first part.

Don't know how to translate it properly but for me it also could be to wear a dress 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The animation is absolutely beautiful! I cried too 😭, it's not just that it's a cartoon squirrel, (which does remind of animated films which also make me cry, Lion King being one of them) it's the emotion behind it. The timid soft panther at the beginning, becoming friends and protecting the squirrel and then the savagery of being a big cat comes out, but unintentionally hurting the squirrel, then the cat feels guilt and continues to mourn. 

I rather understand that the panther tried to protect the squarel from the bad creatures and failed , but your interpretation may be good too

( Just don't want to admit it coz the panther looks too much like one of my sweet cats :blush-anim-cl: )

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

The animation is absolutely beautiful! I cried too 😭, it's not just that it's a cartoon squirrel, (which does remind of animated films which also make me cry, Lion King being one of them) it's the emotion behind it. The timid soft panther at the beginning, becoming friends and protecting the squirrel and then the savagery of being a big cat comes out, but unintentionally hurting the squirrel, then the cat feels guilt and continues to mourn. It's relatable to real life, at least to me, that's why I found it so emotional. 😔

54 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

The video reminds me of Lion King too, and the animators are really talented.  I liked the part at the end when Mika and Soprano dance together.

I really liked it! I'm a big fan of animation, especially when it's done in a beautiful way as it is in this particular video. :wub2:

and I've also been touched by the story itself! Of course it's always nice to have a video with Mika as real person, but this one is very special tho and I'm not disappointed at all! :wink2:

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I really liked it! I'm a big fan of animation, especially when it's done in a beautiful way as it is in this particular video. :wub2:

and I've also been touched by the story itself! Of course it's always nice to have a video with Mika as real person, but this one is very special tho and I'm not disappointed at all! :wink2:

It's fun, because I'm not much more than that in the way of entertainment. But this one has something both tender and cruel and I like this side. The only thing I could regret is not seeing the warm smiles of Sopra and Mika.......

Maybe, one day, on stage   ........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

unintentionally hurting the squirrel,

That's also an interesting interpretation. I also had thought that the squirrel was killed by the monsters, and the panther tried to defend it, but it could be this way too.

First of all, I LOVE the drawings and animation, it's such a beautiful video! :wub2: And I suppose the reference to Lion King is intentional, in one scene there even is a rock that looks like the one from Lion King.

At first I thought the panther would represent Mika, as he looks a bit depressed at the beginning, when Mika sings the words about feeling depressed. But in the end they made it clear that Mika is the squirrel and Soprano the panther. Can I just fangurl a bit about this cartoon version of Mika and their little dance?! That's awesome! :mikalove:  

About the story, I love the beginning, where the panther seems depressed and hesitant, and through meeting the squirrel, he gets to live adventures, enjoy life... I'd say that's what we can hear in the lyrics. Just that it all goes bad in the end, the adventures lead to fight and death. The panther can't save the squirrel, although he's so much bigger and stronger and fights like a maniac. :emot-sad:

In a way I had expected a dark side to this story, despite the cute previews - it's typical for Mika. But I had hoped it wouldn't be *that* dramatic. With the last tour, I had somehow thought that Mika had left these things behind. No skulls on stage, but sunshine and a rainbow, a pink piano and a giant heart. :lol: Sure, he still told stories about Cinderella getting divorced, but he also said things like "you're my reward for all the sh*tty Valentine's days of my life!". :wub2: Rather turning sadness into beauty, than adding sad things to make the beautiful things more dark. Like he said after the performance in Verona, for the Beirut gig he wants to create something beautiful, as there's enough bad things in the world. And here, where the song speaks about keeping a holiday feeling in your heart to fight the sadness, the video can be interpreted to say "but it's not worth it, if you start enjoying life, you'll just get hurt". Maybe that's his state of mind though, or was at some point in the last few months, when he had the idea for this video. Ha, well I certainly can't complain that the video isn't deep enough. 😅

Anyway, I love it, and if just because of the awesome animations and Cartoon Mika shaking his hips. :naughty: As for the story, for now I'm ok with it, but I'll see how my mood about it will develop.

• Like 3

Lyrics with translation from the description under the Youtube video (tho I can already tell with my limited French knowledge that the translation isn't more correct than what MFCers have posted here, because sans le soleil means without the sun, not under the sun. 😅):

MIKA :

Vois ces rivières / Look at this tears

Sous mes yeux / in my eyes

Mes prières / those prayers

À ces Dieux / to those gods

J’ai pas vu d’hiver / Never saw winter

D’hiver aussi froid / a so cold winter

Jamais l’enfer / never saw hell

D’aussi bas / from down

SOPRANO

Allez bouge ton corps, à la gauche et à la droite (so move our body on the left and on the right)

Allez on se tord, on n’est pas des automates (so move you are not automatas)

Allez viens danser, danser coûte que coûte (come and dance whatever it takes)

On n’a pas besoin, pas besoin de doutes ( we don’t need, really don’t need your doubts)

Allez secoue-toi, reste pas là dans ton lit (so go get up / don’t stay in your bed)

Qu’est-ce que tu racontes, tout ça tu l’as déjà dit (what’s your excuses ? u alreayd mentionned them)

Mets n’importe quoi, n’importe quelle chanson Allez monte le son (put whatever on / whatever song / pump up the volume)

ENSEMBLE

Y’a trop de choses dans nos têtes / too much in our heads)

De nuits sans conseils (night without answers)

Garde le cœur en fête (keep your heart on fire)

Le cœur holiday (your heart on holiday)

On est bien n’importe où (we re so well wherever we are)

C’est ça le soleil (that s the sun)

Garde le cœur debout (keep your heart up)

Le cœur holiday (your heart on holiday)

Et quand tu tombes à genoux (and when you fall)

Garde le cœur en fête (keep your heart on fire)

Garde le cœur debout (keep your heart up)

Garde le cœur Holiday (your heart on holiday)

Et si la vie te rend fou (if life drive you crazy)

Même sans le soleil (even under the sun)

Garde le coeur debout (keep your heart up)

Garde le coeur Holiday (your heart on holiday)

SOPRANO

Vois ces orages (look at the storms)

Dans ma voix (in my voice)

Qui font rage (i m in rage)

Contre quoi ? (for what ?)

MIKA

Allez bouge ton corps, à la gauche et à la droite

Allez on se tord, on n’est pas des automates

Allez viens danser, danser coûte que coûte

On n’a pas besoin, pas besoin de doutes

Allez secoue-toi, reste pas là dans ton lit

Qu’est-ce que tu racontes, tout ça tu l’as déjà dit

Mets n’importe quoi, n’importe quelle chanson

Allez monte le son !

Y’a trop de choses dans nos têtes

De nuits sans conseils

Garde le cœur en fête

Le cœur holiday

On est bien n’importe où

C’est ça le soleil

Garde le cœur debout

Le cœur holiday

Et quand tu tombes à genoux

Garde le cœur en fête

Garde le cœur debout

Garde le cœur Holiday

Et si la vie te rend fou

Même sans le soleil

Garde le cœur debout

Garde le cœur Holiday

Avec toi n’importe où (with you whereever)

Miami ou Marseille (Miami or Marseille)

Garde le cœur debout

Le cœur Holiday

Avec toi n’importe où

Miami ou Marseille

Garde le cœur debout

Le cœur Holiday

Et quand tu tombes à genoux

Garde le cœur en fête

Garde le cœur debout

Garde le cœur Holiday

Et si la vie te rend fou

Même sans le soleil

Garde le cœur debout

Garde le cœur Holiday

La la la la la la la la la

Do you know what would be awesome? 

Panther and squirrel plushies. The squirrel could be holding a little pear (I think it's a pear?) and when you press it the chorus of the song plays!

Please if there is a tiny chance that someone from Mika's team sees this, please make it happen! 

I could actually make small plushies myself, I've got everything I would need... Well a little extra time would be nice if I wasn't so busy 😅

Realistically it would take me around 2 months to make one of both the panther and the squirrel, Mhmm... 🤔 I'll think about it.

• Like 3

Very much a fan of this style of illustration, with an unexpected sad story and accompanied by a happy tune: it’s Mika 2.0! Or Mika 2020? 

Don’t get me wrong, I am a fan of his sister’s work, but I like how he is venturing different styles in both music and illustration/animation style. Maybe the current pandemic and personal circumstances forced him to do so, but I’m not sad about it. 

Or maybe it was just a one time thing 😊 

18 hours ago, carafon said:

Anne , you forgot Soprano's solo line ( See this thunder in my voice , this rage about what...)

And I'm not sure if "mets n'importe quoi, n'importe quelle chanson " is only about music in the first part.

Don't know how to translate it properly but for me it also could be to wear a dress 

Thank you :hug: I will fix that. Poor Soprano :lmfao:I only care about Mika :wub2:The only way to know for sure about "n'importe quoi" is to ask him actually :naughty:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Do you know what would be awesome? 

Panther and squirrel plushies. The squirrel could be holding a little pear (I think it's a pear?) and when you press it the chorus of the song plays!

Please if there is a tiny chance that someone from Mika's team sees this, please make it happen! 

I could actually make small plushies myself, I've got everything I would need... Well a little extra time would be nice if I wasn't so busy 😅

Realistically it would take me around 2 months to make one of both the panther and the squirrel, Mhmm... 🤔 I'll think about it.

That is a fantastic idea :punk::mf_lustslow:

• Like 1