Mika join "Unis pour le Liban" - live concert on France2 from L'Olympia - October 1st

krysady

11 minutes ago, krysady said:

He just sent a pre recorded video message I managed to record, Nagui said he couldn't be there in person: 

It was recorded about 2 weeks ago when he made an interview for France 24.

So it was already decided that he will not be in Olympia... Well, it looks like this.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It was recorded about 2 weeks ago when he made an interview for France 24.

So it was already decided that he will not be in Olympia... Well, it looks like this.

Maybe he didn't like the fact that there would be many people there? :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

Maybe he didn't like the fact that there would be many people there? :dunno:

There's a lot of people at the Lotus event as well. :dunno: But maybe he said he'd only join the concert live if there'd be a good hygiene concept to avoid infections - and when I look at the crowd, I don't see much social distancing there, so it's understandable that he won't attend a public event where they don't seem to care much about Covid. :rolleyes: I wish he had stayed at  home, because infection numbers in France are so high - but well, we know him, he just can't sit still. ;) 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

There's a lot of people at the Lotus event as well. :dunno: But maybe he said he'd only join the concert live if there'd be a good hygiene concept to avoid infections - and when I look at the crowd, I don't see much social distancing there, so it's understandable that he won't attend a public event where they don't seem to care much about Covid. :rolleyes: I wish he had stayed at  home, because infection numbers in France are so high - but well, we know him, he just can't sit still. ;) 

Well, if he recorded his statements two weeks ago he was sure not to be in Olympia.

Thursday it's X Factor day and he new the date in advance. And as we can see judges are very actif these days.

For more the Lotus France event. Hard to say when the date was scheduled.

And maybe some other things we don't know about.

I think that if France 2 decided to broadcast "I Love Beirut" maybe he wanted to leave the place to other artists. He did his job already. 

• Like 2

I’ve just watched it on France 2 again. Took a nap to make sure I would not be a zombie the next day 😅

Only missed the first song! But it was so nice to watch the concert again. My favorites - It must‘ve been love with Danna Paola, Promiseland, Lollipop and Laura Pausini just blew me away as if I was watching it for the first time. 

What I noticed is that the parts in between he was speaking more French. I can imagine that he may have recorded certain parts in three languages, so it would fit the audience. Was the plan maybe all along to sell it to TV stations? Well, certainly smart thinking! I’m curious if my theory proves to be true when it is shown in Italy later this month.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I’ve just watched it on France 2 again. Took a nap to make sure I would not be a zombie the next day 😅

Only missed the first song! But it was so nice to watch the concert again. My favorites - It must‘ve been love with Danna Paola, Promiseland, Lollipop and Laura Pausini just blew me away as if I was watching it for the first time. 

What I noticed is that the parts in between he was speaking more French. I can imagine that he may have recorded certain parts in three languages, so it would fit the audience. Was the plan maybe all along to sell it to TV stations? Well, certainly smart thinking! I’m curious if my theory proves to be true when it is shown in Italy later this month.

I couldn't watch it, the stream kept freezing after 10 seconds. 🙄 Did he say anything different / additional to the things he had said in English? Did they replace the English parts or show the French ones in addition?

Was the subtitling 'mistake' in OOL still there? :teehee:

He might've done everything in 3 languages because he knows his target audience, and he just might have decided to cut it for the stream, so it won't get too long. :dunno:

1 minute ago, mellody said:

I couldn't watch it, the stream kept freezing after 10 seconds. 🙄 Did he say anything different / additional to the things he had said in English? Did they replace the English parts or show the French ones in addition?

Was the subtitling 'mistake' in OOL still there? :teehee:

He might've done everything in 3 languages because he knows his target audience, and he just might have decided to cut it for the stream, so it won't get too long. :dunno:

For as far as my Highschool French goes, he replaced just a few English intro‘s for the exact French ones, like when he was introducing Danna Paola.

And the subtitling mistake wasn’t there, because the excerpt where the lady was talking was in French 🤣 so it didn’t need to have subtitles. The English parts were subtitled in French, though!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't see much social distancing there

I see no social distancing at all :aah:

8 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

My favorites - It must‘ve been love with Danna Paola, Promiseland, Lollipop and Laura Pausini just blew me away as if I was watching it for the first time. 

These are my favorite parts as well, and Laura Pausini's performance in that place it was absolutely astonishing :wub2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krysady said:

These are my favorite parts as well, and Laura Pausini's performance in that place it was absolutely astonishing :wub2:

Yes!!! The album version of the song (Tra te e il mare, just looked that up 😆) wasn’t one of my favorites, but in this setting and her voice and the emotion reflected in it... she is an amazing vocalist, takes you away when she hits the high notes ❤️

And Mika singing ballads... I know he‘s not the sappy kind of singer, but he can convey so much when he does. It truly was a treat to hear him sing „it must’ve been love“.

Oh and the jazz hands with „Lollipop“. I am dead 🤣 I used to dance, also on Big Band music, so this just speaks to my heart ❤️ 

• Like 3

I am deeply in love with I love Beirut :cloud:

Mika put so much of his golden heart in it :mikalove:

I love his performances best either by himself or with other singers. Promiseland is a gem that way and both duets with Danna Paola too :swoon:

I can't stop watching it :wub2:

And the people on screen are all so positive in spite of what happened and Mika's love for Beirut and Lebanon is shining all through the show :wub2:

We neèd the DVD :bow:

And I'm so happy the fundraising worked so well and still does; Mika proved once again that with love and art you can make the world better :wub2:

And I think it is a good thing it is an online concert because Unis pour le Liban kind of freaked me out when I saw that people were all packed together as before covid :yikes:So Mika did the right thing.

Also he recorded some  of his talk both in French and in English which must have been an extra amount of work but it was very thoughtful of him.

Also the way Mika is filmed reminded me of Staring at the sun video which was also Andy's work and my fav Mika music video :wub2:

I think Andy films Mika with love as we would as fans ( if we had Andy's gift for filming) and their team work makes the docu concert wonderful :wub2:

• Like 6

Seriously, this is insane, no distance at all on stage or among the audience :aah:... probably it's better that he wasn't there in person ( Sting also sent a recorded video message).  It is well known that the virus is spreading faster while singing, in my country it's forbidden for children to sing at music classes for that matter, I can't understand why they put people in risk like this :no:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1