Jump to content

Me, Myself - Mika & Danna Paola collaboration


Mikasister
 Share

Recommended Posts

I love this little snippet, and the lyrics bits I can read in Danna Paola's story. Very much looking forward to hear the song. :wub2: Here's a screenshot of the lyrics bit... I think it's Mika's handwriting, but not sure?

lyrics-me-myself.jpg

 

What I can read is:

 

got these ...

over my body I

Made decisions

couldn't fix and I

bottom so many times

 

No I won't keep hiding

yea it's been decided

 

Friends think I'm a f*cking disaster

mistakes that I'm regretting after

heartbreak and all of this time

 

It's me, myself

and no one else

 

Out in the open

to meet my emotions

 

I've been through hell

know that I'll be fine

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

I love this little snippet, and the lyrics bits I can read in Danna Paola's story. Very much looking forward to hear the song. :wub2: Here's a screenshot of the lyrics bit... I think it's Mika's handwriting, but not sure?

lyrics-me-myself.jpg

 

What I can read is:

 

got these ...

over my body I

Made decisions

couldn't fix and I

bottom so many times

 

No I won't keep hiding

yea it's been decided

 

Friends think I'm a f*cking disaster

mistakes that I'm regretting after

heartbreak and all of this time

 

It's me, myself

and no one else

 

Out in the open

to meet my emotions

 

I've been through hell

know that I'll be fine

 

Sounds pretty depressing! I hope the end will be positive.

For sure it's not a "latino disco" song to dance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

 

Sounds pretty depressing! I hope the end will be positive.

For sure it's not a "latino disco" song to dance.

 

that's good news tho imo. :teehee: "know that I'll be fine" and "I won't keep hiding" sounds like it might be positive. From those bits I think it might be about taking your life in your own hands, finally having the courage to face and fight against the problems you had for a long time. I don't think it's a depressing song. Melancholic maybe, but not depressing.

We'll see... of course I'll stay up til midnight to see if it's out then already. :teehee: Our friends in Asia and Australia should know, I suppose? It's after midnight there...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, krysady said:

His handwriting it's not so nice and legibly :aah:

 

true. :naughty: But the "s", "M", "k" and "I" look like his handwriting. Maybe he can write neatly if he tries really hard? :teehee:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

 

true. :naughty: But the "s", "M", "k" and "I" look like his handwriting. Maybe he can write neatly if he tries really hard? :teehee:

Hmm, look at that "I", "r", "m", it's different from his, imo :blush-anim-cl::

867eb8e2e8d0489a72c6d7788c4c7ffa.jpg

85d87785a1f9e9b1e33c0245717b4f97.jpg

b38dab66a54d51c918f796a4cd73a0ce.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

Hmm, look at that "I", "r", "m", it's different from his, imo

 

Ah yes, you're right, especially about the "r" - Mika always writes a small capital letter for it. Well, I hope at least the lyrics (the english part) are his, even if the handwriting isn't. :rolleyes:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

 

Ah yes, you're right, especially about the "r" - Mika always writes a small capital letter for it. Well, I hope at least the lyrics (the english part) are his, even if the handwriting isn't. :rolleyes:

I took a better look and all the same letters are identical, all the "s" are the same, "t" and "h" as well, every single one in part, it's hard to write by hand like this. Maybe they used some app for that? I can do that on my phone and there's many apps for Handwriting Fonts :wink2:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stayed up till midnight hoping that it would be released on youtube. I am very tired...

 

According to twitter it will be released 7pm Ecuador time which is midnight UK time. Will I risk more tiredness and stay up again tonight?

 

Yes, yes I will! :biggrin2:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I stayed up till midnight hoping that it would be released on youtube. I am very tired...

 

According to twitter it will be released 7pm Ecuador time which is midnight UK time. Will I risk more tiredness and stay up again tonight?

 

Yes, yes I will! :biggrin2:

 

And 1 am CET. :aah: I wouldn't mind staying up til midnight, but I know if I stay up til 1 to wait for the song, I won't get to bed before 1:30 or 2. :doh: So it'd be better for me to wait til tomorrow. Let's see, I'll decide spontaneously tonight what's more important to me, sleep or curiosity. :teehee:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • mellody changed the title to Me, Myself - Mika & Danna Paola collaboration
2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

 

We have to wait, as always

According to Danna's last tweet (published 15 minutes ago) it should be in 4 hours... Good to know, that's 2 am for me so I won't wait tonight, I'll listen to it tomorrow.

 

 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2020 at 9:28 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

 

Sounds pretty depressing! I hope the end will be positive.

For sure it's not a "latino disco" song to dance.

 

Well maybe it is indeed depressing, Danna Paola writes on Twitter that it makes her sad. And apparently she says she has written the song? Not sure about her exact words, with the auto translation. I thought they had written it together. But I suppose we'll know in the credits who wrote it. Maybe the Spanish parts are by Danna, and the English ones by Mika? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Danna Paola estrena ‘Me, myself’ junto a Mika  

://www.teleamazonas.com/2020/09/danna-paola-estrena-me-myself-junto-a-mika/

Google Translate:

The Mexican Danna Paola continues to reap successes within a long list of releases that have positioned her as an artist that surprises.

In this 2020, unlike other areas, the musical continues to give something to talk about. And Danna Paola proves it with her most recent ad: "Me, myself", with Mika.

In addition to solo songs like Sodio, Oye Pablo or TQ Y YA, their collaborations also give something to talk about.

From No Bailes Sola with Sebastián Yatra, through Nada with Cali and El Dandee, or Santeria with Lola Indigo and Denise Rosenthal, Danna Paola continues to sweep.

This time he announced the premiere of "Me, Myself", for this Thursday at 7PM. This is a song with a soft and elegant melody, as its title indicates.

This is a slow song full of feeling, but with a touch of joy and a bilingual lyrics that will catch you in English and Spanish.

The collaboration gave clues in January of this year, when the Mexican already shared a photo with the Lebanese singer. On that occasion she launched a "When music surprises you with friends and magical people", as a preceding to the collaboration on the way.

Danna-Paola.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy