Me, Myself - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Mikasister

I think this is my favourite of the new Mika songs so far.  While I don't love it as much as his major hits, I like the song and think his voice sounds really good with Danna's.  I like that the song is moody and slow but also electronic, as even though it is a slow song it still makes you move.  Mika looks great in the video, my one complaint is that he is not featured enough! 

I don't normally like it that much when artists swear in their songs, but Mika makes it sound good and it adds to the drama of the lyrics.  "I've been through hell but I'll be fine" are words I really needed to hear right now.

• Like 4

I was not expecting such a ballad seeing the kind of songs Danna sings but this song has left me speechless. It's a sweet and touching ballad. Mika's voice sounds sweet, like a whisper and fits perfectly with Danna's voice. Mika is so sweet singing in Spanish :wub2: makes the language more beautiful.  The only thing that doesn't convince me is that bit of the chorus that is like electonic and I don't know if I'll get used to it with time  but in general I think the song can have a very good acceptance and Mika can even appeal to those who are not his fans. As for the video, I find it fantastic, and it also fits with Mika's class and elegance.  :cloud:

• Like 8

16 hours ago, mellody said:

The song is beautiful. :wub2: I love Mika's voice in it. The only thing I don't like is the bits when Danna sings this "yeah yeah" part, not sure if that's supposed to be the chorus? It sounds a bit electronic in these parts, it doesn't fit imo, but maybe I'll get used to it after listening a few times.

Thanks for the lyrics @dcdeb, here's the Google translation of the Spanish parts:

But it's not too late

To forgive me

Now if i learned

It's me, without you

I have me

It's me and finally

Now I can breathe

It's me, without you

I love myself like this

It's me and finally

I will not look back

Drop by drop

After every defeat

I fly with broken wings

The sentence "Now if I ilearned" that "if" should be an affirmative yes, "if" is a conditional yes,  so I guess the translation would be, "Now I did learn" to implay she/he has learned. 

Pero no es muy tarde, para perdonarme, ahora sí aprendí ( but it's not too late, to forgive me, now I did learn)

The difference between si and sí is the accent mark. I hope I have explained well. 

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

The only thing I understand is Yin & Yang, and that also just because she has it on her fingernails. 😅 I was so proud of myself 1 or 2 weeks ago when for the first time I managed to understand about 90% of a French interview, and also Italian I start understanding better and better... and now he starts speaking Spanish, of which I understand practically nothing - I'm going crazy! :hair: :lmfao::doh:

@Mikasister now's your turn, you wanted him to speak Spanish, now please help us poor people to understand him & what's said about him & his work. :lol3: Also the lyrics translation by Google that I posted earlier, is it fairly accurate?

Edit: Danna also mentions depression at some point in her answer, if I understand it right? Maybe that's the "you" in the song, depressions? The line 'I ran out of tears in my eyes' would fit to that.

If you understand him speaking italian you should understand his spanish. :wink2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

If you understand him speaking italian you should understand his spanish. :wink2:

Ha, that's what I had expected, because I heard that Italians understand Spanish and v.v. - but unfortunately that's not the case if you're not that good in Italian. :rolleyes: Although yes, I do understand a little bit of what *he* says, but no chance to understand what Danna says, it sounds *completely* different to Italian for me. What makes Italian easy for me is that for the most part it is spoken the same way that it's written, at least from a German speaker's point of view. While in Spanish you have all those accents above letters and ~ and this special way of pronouncing different types of s, or the way a "j" is pronounced - just to name a few examples ... that make it hard for me to understand it. :lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The whole Live Danna Paola with Mika. Right before the video release.

@mellody

Bits of Mika speaking Spanish

Mika: Hello, good morning. You have a lot of energy in the morning. This song started having a coffe. I'm nervous speaking Spanish with you. Hola Lucrezia, encantado. Danna asks him to speak in Spanish to her fans and Mika says again he is so nervous to speak in Spanish with her. I  would like to speak more but says I speak a Spanish with a French accent. I have a house in Miami and I speak 90% in Spanish there because I must do it. But when I'm in Italia I start mixing both languages and then I speak "spaliano"  

Says to Danna that she is the first person which he sings in Spanish. Your dog brings you flowers, mine brings me mice. We have a problem. I'm very happy. Thanks so much for this pleasure, thanks from my heart. Kisses! 

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I fell in love with this song :mf_lustslow: from the very first time I heard it :mikalove:

This is a masterpiece :swoon:

Their voices go so fantastically well together :wub2:

I have it on repeat since yesterday 🥰

I love Mika in the video too :mikalove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

I have always been sceptical about duets but I'm actually happy to hear another new song. I like the song with Danna Paola, it's pleasent to listen but one thing cannot get out of my head. In one of the interwievs from past Mika called Kelly Clarson's song Stronger silly while now he is singing song with very similar meaning so it makes me kinda laugh

Now I realize how much I missed Mika lately. By the way he looks so so good in his new haircut! :swoon:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dominika said:

I have always been sceptical about duets but I'm actually happy to hear another new song. I like the song with Danna Paola, it's pleasent to listen but one thing cannot get out of my head. In one of the interwievs from past Mika called Kelly Clarson's song Stronger silly while now he is singing song with very similar meaning so it makes me kinda laugh

Now I realize how much I missed Mika lately. By the way he looks so so good in his new haircut! :swoon:

Danna said in that interview (see Mexican press thread) that it's not about leaving someone to be happier alone, not about a breakup, but about self-love. And I think the Kelly Clarkson song refers to a breakup, doesn't it? Anyway I haven't seen/heard/read that interview you mention (which one was it?), but even if the song is about a breakup, I don't get why Mika calls it silly. :dunno: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is also a good and important message imo. But if you're currently struggling with a lot of problems, it might not be what you want to hear, maybe that was Mika's mood when he said that? :dunno:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dominika said:

In one of the interwievs from past Mika called Kelly Clarson's song Stronger silly

I remember seeing that interview on Youtube, he said he can't hear that song anymore because of the chorus "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I like Kelly Clarkson so I was quite annoyed by his comment about it back then. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I remember seeing that interview on Youtube, he said he can't hear that song anymore because of the chorus "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I like Kelly Clarkson so I was quite annoyed by his comment about it back then. 

Dont worry. We know Mika one day says A and after B. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Even if it's apparently more Danna's song, I really love this collaboration. :wub2: The electronic chorus is the only thing I don't like that much,  but I love Mika's lower voice, and their voices really fits together. It's the song who grew the more after the first listening. I really like the song itself, and I'm in love with the lyrics. Of course it's not the real sens of its, but as an autistic person, I can totally relate and these lyrics totally speaks to, and even FOR me. It's really something I often feel... I find this whole song comforting. 

• Like 8

He is an actor of the music video, talks about the shooting.

La Nacion (Costa Rica)

14 Sep 2020

https://pressreader.com/article/281745566804896

Danna Paola ficha a tico para protagonizar uno de sus videos

El actor Gary Centeno aparece en ‘me, myself’ El modelo costarricense terry edwards también fue contratado para un audiovisual, a principios del 2020.

• Kimberly Herrera kimberly.herrera@nacion.com
img?regionKey=2pKS%2bxLqT6gAhpFneA%2fG5g%3d%3dFOTO: CAPTURA. Este es el primer video musical en el que el actor Gary Centeno participa en México.

El actor costarricense Gary Centeno es el protagonista del nuevo video musical de la popular cantante y actriz mexicana Danna Paola, junto al artista británico Mika, Me, Myself.

Esta es la segunda ocasión en que la protagonista de Élite elige a un tico para una de sus producciones, ya que hace siete meses el bailarín y modelo costarricense Terry Edwards, protagonizó Sodio.

“Me han estado escribiendo mucho en Instagram que Danna Paola seguro tiene un atractivo con los ticos, porque yo soy el segundo que aparece en uno de sus videos”, detalla entre risas.

Centeno confiesa que este fue un proyecto que él no buscó, que ni siquiera sabía que era para participar en un video musical de Danna Paola y que le sorprendió la forma en que llegó la oportunidad.

“A mí nada más me llamó una amiga para decirme que ocupaban un actor para un video musical y yo dije que yo lo hacía. Ella era solo la intermediaria con la producción y ya después me contactaron, me pidieron un demo bailando y como actor, y una semana después me volvieron a llamar para otro demo y lo mandé; aún ahí yo no sabía que era con Danna Paola. Cuando finalmente me dijeron para quién era, yo dije ‘qué cool’ porque ahorita es una de las artistas más escuchadas y me emocioné mucho más cuando me dijeron que era con Mika”, rememora.

Me, Myself es una canción llena de sentimiento, con una letra profunda que habla sobre el proceso del desamor y del reencuentro con uno mismo, mientras que el video busca mostrar la conexión con el corazón a través del blanco y negro.

Por ello, el papel del actor costarricense dentro del video consiste en narrar las etapas del desamor.

“Es una canción muy profunda que habla de las etapas que va pasando el desamor entonces querían que los actores contaran la historia. Si bien Danna Paola y Mika salen mucho, me gustó porque mi participación va contando una historia. Es decir, al principio se ve triste y desolado, y a lo largo del video se ve cómo va cambiando y al final uno entiende que el amor más preciado es el amor propio... y sonrío.

“Y me gustó mucho porque no era solo como un modelo, sino que es un video al estilo yin yang, donde yo interpreto a Mika con el blanco y la otra actriz interpreta a Danna Paola con el negro y tenía un trasfondo la historia”, comenta.

A diferencia de Edwards, quien a lo largo del video mantenía contacto con la cantante y actriz, Centeno no mantuvo un acercamiento con la famosa intérprete. De hecho, relató que durante la grabación de sus escenas Danna Paola no estuvo presente, pues cuando el iba llegando, ella acababa de terminar sus escenas.

Sin embargo, sí tuvo la oportunidad de al menos agradecerle la el haberlo seleccionado para el video.

“En sí el video no necesitaba que interactuáramos, pero tengo entendido que ella sí estuvo en la reunión del talento y ella sí me escogió”, cuenta.

Según detalla el actor, quien anteriormente participó en la producción de Netflix La casa de las flores, en un inicio este video solamente lo iban a protagonizar los cantantes, pero la pandemia impidió que Danna Paola y Mika, quienes están en México e Inglaterra respectivamente, se encontraran, por lo que la producción sugirió contar la historia con actores.

“Gracias a la pandemia me contrataron y mientras Danna Paola grababa acá, Mika estaba grabando en Londres por medio de Zoom con el director, es decir, lo estaban haciendo simultáneamente porque tienen mucha interacción los dos en el blanco y negro. Fue una mega producción”, dice el actor.

La grabación del video se llevó a acabo en un set de Azteca Televisión el pasado 14 de agosto, donde el actor costarricense estuvo grabando por aproximadamente 12 horas.

Esta no es la primera vez que Gary aparece en un video musical, ya que anteriormente participó en la producción Hay amores, del cantante costarricense Tito Oses.

Además, también formó parte de la promoción de una de las giras de Yuri.

Buena semana

El estreno del video junto a Danna Paola no fue la única alegría que trajo la semana para Gary Centeno, ya que el pasado martes 8 de setiembre el actor se convirtió en padre primerizo de una niña, junto a la también actriz Lorena del Castillo.

Se trata de Luna, quien nació a las 4:11 p. m. y quien llegó al mundo para cumplir uno de los mayores sueños del costarricense.

“Es una niña preciosa, parece de porcelana. Estamos muy contentos, hemos pasado todas estas noches sin dormir, pero bueno, es un proceso”, dice el actor.

“Me han estado escribiendo mucho en Instagram que Danna Paola seguro tienen un atractivo con los ticos, porque yo soy el segundo que aparece en uno de sus videos”, Gary Centeno, actor.

El actor y su pareja habían comentado a Viva semanas atrás que tuvieron un embarazo muy tranquilo y sin sobresaltos, y que estaban deseando que la pequeña ya estuviera entre sus brazos.

“Tener a Luna en mis brazos fue lo más hermoso, lo más puro, mi corazón se aceleró, la piel se me puso chinita y unas ganas llorar infinitas”, añadió.

La niña nació por cesárea y la actriz se encuentra recuperándose en su casa en la Ciudad de México, donde residen.

:uk:

Danna Paola signs Tico to star in one of his videos

Actor Gary Centeno appears in ‘me, myself’ Costa Rican model terry edwards was also hired for an audiovisual, in early 2020.

This is the first music video in which actor Gary Centeno participates in Mexico.

Costa Rican actor Gary Centeno is the star of the new music video for popular Mexican singer and actress Danna Paola, alongside British artist Mika, Me, Myself.

This is the second time that the protagonist of Elite chooses a Tico for one of her productions, since seven months ago the Costa Rican dancer and model Terry Edwards starred in Sodio.

"They have been writing to me a lot on Instagram that Danna Paola sure has an appeal with Costa Ricans, because I am the second to appear in one of her videos," she details with a laugh.

Centeno confesses that this was a project that he did not seek, that he did not even know it was to participate in a Danna Paola music video and that he was surprised by the way the opportunity came.

“A friend just called me to tell me that they were hiring an actor for a music video and I said that I did. She was only the intermediary with the production and afterwards they contacted me, they asked me for a demo dancing and as an actor, and a week later they called me again for another demo and I sent it; even there I didn't know what it was with Danna Paola. When they finally told me who it was for, I said 'how cool' because right now she is one of the most listened to artists and I was much more excited when they told me it was with Mika ”, she recalls.

Me, Myself is a song full of feeling, with deep lyrics that talk about the process of heartbreak and the reunion with oneself, while the video seeks to show the connection with the heart through black and white.

Therefore, the role of the Costa Rican actor in the video is to narrate the stages of heartbreak.

“It is a very deep song that talks about the stages that heartbreak goes through so they wanted the actors to tell the story. Although Danna Paola and Mika go out a lot, I liked it because my participation tells a story. That is to say, at first it looks sad and desolate, and throughout the video you see how it changes and in the end you understand that the most precious love is self-love ... and I smile.

"And I liked it a lot because it wasn't just like a model, but it's a yin yang-style video, where I play Mika with white and the other actress plays Danna Paola with black and the story had a background", comments.

Unlike Edwards, who throughout the video maintained contact with the singer and actress, Centeno did not maintain an approach with the famous interpreter. In fact, he related that during the recording of his scenes Danna Paola was not present, because when he was arriving, she had just finished his scenes.

However, he did have the opportunity to at least thank him for selecting him for the video.

"The video itself did not need us to interact, but I understand that she was at the talent meeting and she did choose me," she says.

As detailed by the actor, who previously participated in the production of Netflix La casa de las flores, at first this video was only going to star the singers, but the pandemic prevented Danna Paola and Mika, who are in Mexico and England respectively, met, so the production suggested telling the story with actors.

“Thanks to the pandemic they hired me and while Danna Paola was filming here, Mika was filming in London through Zoom with the director, that is, they were doing it simultaneously because the two have a lot of interaction in black and white. It was a mega production, ”says the actor.

The video recording took place on an Azteca Televisión set on August 14, where the Costa Rican actor was recording for approximately 12 hours.

This is not the first time that Gary has appeared in a music video, as he previously participated in the production Hay amores, by the Costa Rican singer Tito Oses.

In addition, he was also part of the promotion of one of Yuri's tours.

Good week

The premiere of the video with Danna Paola was not the only joy that the week brought to Gary Centeno, since last Tuesday, September 8, the actor became the first-time father of a girl, along with the actress Lorena del Castillo.

It's about Luna, who was born at 4:11 p.m. m. and who came to the world to fulfill one of the greatest dreams of the Costa Rican.

“She is a beautiful girl, she looks like porcelain. We are very happy, we have spent all these nights without sleeping, but hey, it is a process ”, says the actor.

"They have been writing to me a lot on Instagram that Danna Paola sure has an appeal with Costa Ricans, because I am the second to appear in one of their videos", Gary Centeno, actor.

The actor and his partner had told Viva weeks ago that they had a very calm and smooth pregnancy, and that they were wishing that the little girl was already in their arms.

"Having Luna in my arms was the most beautiful, the purest thing, my heart raced, my skin turned sweet and I wanted to cry infinitely," he added.

The girl was born by cesarean section and the actress is recovering at her home in Mexico City, where they reside.

..thumb.jpg.aace3d8dc5e13c1176c9acdcae72b047.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Productora: @lacatrinafilms
Director: @charlienelsonm
Asistente de dirección: @sarahnadera
Fotografía: @leo.calzoni
Actriz: @karlarocoronado
Actor: @garycenteno
Operador de cámara: @faba_14
Vestuario: @mayradeabreu

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1