Cours d'identité artistique avec Mika

YouTube

• Low quality ( 240p )
  • HD quality ( 1080p )

Dailymotion

• 1/2
  • 2/2
  • Like 2

In "La quotidienne episode 24" there is some parts of Mika's coaching and the students comments.

I am not able to download the video :no: And the link is only for VPN owners or canadians...

The sequence qith Mika starts at 10:00.

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/tva/star-academie-2021-la-quotidienne/saison-1/episode-24-1039872120

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

In "La quotidienne episode 24" there is some parts of Mika's coaching and the students comments.

I am not able to download the video :no: And the link is only for VPN owners or canadians...

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/tva/star-academie-2021-la-quotidienne/saison-1/episode-24-1039872120

Thanks a lot for finding.

Here is the direct MP4 url.

http://streamtvago.akamaized.net/media/v1/pmp4/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

La quotidienne - Épisode 24

Lesson

Relax

Lollipop

Elle Me Dit

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Lesson

Relax

Lollipop

Elle Me Dit

YouTube (1080p HD )

• Like 4

Just some thoughts. I am watching the coaching given by Gregory Charles. Is he really criticizing the work of Mika with the candidates and his way of teaching? I know that he tried to highlight the importance of communication and how it is important to give time to people to assimilate your ideas and not expect an immediate result, but it sounded like a direct critic. I can understand as one of the contestant said that she was frustrated during the lesson with Mika, but still, the candidates are there to learn, and each teacher have a different way of teaching. Mika knows exactly what he wants and expects them to be at the level of his expectations, he is there for only 2 weeks and he is clearly giving his all so they better do the same. 

39 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Is he really criticizing the work of Mika with the candidates and his way of teaching? I know that he tried to highlight the importance of communication and how it is important to give time to people to assimilate your ideas and not expect an immediate result, but it sounded like a direct critic. 

I haven’t seen it yet, unfortunately I will have to wait for the subs team to understand the clip, but I’m very curious as to how I would interpret this particular segment.

41 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

I can understand as one of the contestant said that she was frustrated during the lesson with Mika

Which contestant was that? I’ve seen the workshop video and there were many times I could see the frustration with the contestants (multiple ones) - which is understandable, because Mika knows exactly what he wants and finds a way to get it out of them, but like Greg mentioned it’s not immediate and that is a frustrating feeling. However, I hope they won’t take it as Greg criticizing Mika and therefore give them a reason to not give it their all, but that Greg was just assessing the situation and giving words to their feelings. 

That’s easier said than done though, especially when you’re right in the middle of it like the contestants are. 

mikainstagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5mOllFEmE/

First day filming in Montreal. Atelier at @staracademietva

So good to be back in Canada and Montreal. I love this region and the city. To start off my stint as artistic director of @staracademietva I decided to find a way to get to know the singers better. Sometimes a picture really says a thousand words. Stay tuned for the musical rehearsal tomorrow! X ❤️ my mini custom @maisonvalentino wardrobe that I will be wearing during my performances and whole time here ❤️

YouTube ( sorry it's blocked in Canada )

• Like 5

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Which contestant was that? 

Greg asked them to give an honest response about how they feel about the lesson with Mika and if they find his way of being meticulous fair or not. Some of them said that they are OK with it and that they understood what he is coming from and will have to work hard and Rosalie said that she was "tortured" (I guess that is the word she used.)

I might be just over-interpreting, you know when it comes to Mika it's not always easy to take remarks because we know he puts his heart into his work 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

Some of them said that they are OK with it and that they understood what he is coming from and will have to work hard and Rosalie said that she was "tortured" (I guess that is the word she used.)

Oh my, but could also just be editing to make it more entertaining for the viewers, who knows. 

2 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

I might be just over-interpreting, you know when it comes to Mika it's not always easy to take remarks because we know he puts his heart into his work 

That is very true! Didn’t he once say he felt bad for the people working with/for him? Because he can be an a**hole? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

Greg asked them to give an honest response about how they feel about the lesson with Mika and if they find his way of being meticulous fair or not. Some of them said that they are OK with it and that they understood what he is coming from and will have to work hard and Rosalie said that she was "tortured" (I guess that is the word she used.)

She didn’t say she was tortured, she said she was terrified... which, knowing Mika a bit, can be totally justified (although I find she was one who sang best in the lesson)

I just see this only conversation as a way to make them aware that not all artists work the same and don’t communicate the same way.

Greg also said that Mika is a rare type, one that can see all aspects of what he wants to do from the get go.

They don’t really show it in the broadcast, but Mika and Greg have a lot in common. He talked in a different interview how he grew up with a mother who was never totally satisfied with his performances and pushed him always to do better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5