Mika - the new artistic director @ Star Academie Canada

krysady

I must say, even that I know Mika's songs well each time when I hear them in a little bit different version it isn't boring but refreshing. All performances were fantastic but Stay High gave me that special burst of energy! :cheer: Boum boum boum sang by the girls just wooow :freddy: And Happy Ending for the end, honestly what else could be better? :wub2:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

Le variété - Épisode 07

Le variété - Épisode 07 (Segment 3)

Mika and academicians sing Mika medley

Le variété - Épisode 07 (Segment 7)

Mika and academicians sing Leonard Cohen 'Hallelujah'

VK links

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The show is live on Sunday evening in Quebec =  on very early Monday in Europe (or in a middle of the night?  anyway at 1:30 am)

I think iit's not LIVE show.

Jean-Philippe Dion IG stories posted at 5h ago, and it announces La Quotidienne Ce soir 19h30

14 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

Le variété - Épisode 07

Le variété - Épisode 07 (Segment 3)

Mika and academicians sing Mika medley

Le variété - Épisode 07 (Segment 7)

Mika and academicians sing Leonard Cohen 'Hallelujah'

Great show Mika, thank you. :fangurl:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

I think iit's not LIVE show.

Jean-Philippe Dion IG stories posted at 5h ago, and it announces La Quotidienne Ce soir 19h30

Ah, ok, you mean the La quotidienne. It's every evening at 19:30 and I think it a "resume" of what happened during the Sunday live, post mortem and during the day - meetings with profs and guests.

• Like 1

"Post Mortem" after the show of the 28th of March. The part where the students watch the whole show on the screen and Lara Fabien comments their performances.

Here is the part where they are watching the part with Mika.

After they are laughing about the comments posted on Twitter, sort of: "Congratulations to accountants, Insurance company and firefighters " :lol3:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And a part when they are watching "Hallelujah".

Lara Fabien explains the meaning of the song, which is not at all a "church" song :wink2:

There are several versions.But in general it's an ode to the orgasme as she sais :lol3:

No, I will not go to the Naughty Corner! :bleh:

HAHAHA now we know why Mika likes the song 🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

HAHAHA now we know why Mika likes the song 🤣

About 2 years ago I recorded this song as a cover (I think I posted it on this Forum).

And I remember when I read the lyrics for the first time from the beginning to the end.

I was soooo disappointed. It begins like a "church" song and then they "pass to act" :facepalm:

I wonder how it's possible that in some song competitions there are children singing it!!!!!!!!!!

Do their parents understand the meaning????

For me it's the same with "Ice Cream". Hearing children singing "I want your ice cream I want it melting on my tongue" makes me feel a little uncomfortable :glasses3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

About 2 years ago I recorded this song as a cover (I think I posted it on this Forum).

And I remember when I read the lyrics for the first time from the beginning to the end.

I was soooo disappointed. It begins like a "church" song and then they "pass to act" :facepalm:

I wonder how it's possible that in some song competitions there are children singing it!!!!!!!!!!

For me it's the same with "Ice Cream". Hearing children singing "I want your ice cream I want it melting on my tongue" makes me feel a little uncomfortable :glasses3:

I have been researching „Hallelujah“ and I will from now on listen to this song very very differently. 

HOW COULD I BE THIS NAIVE 🙈🙈🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I had the same feeling a few years ago when 5/6 y.o. kids when doing a skating choregraphy to Lollipop 😂 I was: did anyone know what this song is all about? 🤔

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Lara Fabien explains the meaning of the song, which is not at all a "church" song :wink2:

There are several versions.But in general it's an ode to the orgasme as she sais :lol3:

At least they didn't sing the " explicit" lyrics this time, but the original version it's clearly having a sexual meaning indeed. 

Edited by krysady
  • Haha 4

I must say that this last episode made me cry a lot. Because of beautiful moments mostly.

I like the way the show is more intimate than The Voice or X Factor.

For sure all profs are very involved in the process of teaching and it's obvious they created a relationship with students.

No wonder. I find a real pleasure of watching the show and especially the courses, rehearsals and preparations.

I have just finished rewatching the "Post mortem" and there is this final moment. 

On Sunday Dashny was eliminated and all students were devastated. They were so sad that when they had to sing the Star Academy song at the end they stopped singing and left the stage.

Lara was crying too. But here is her comment.

I mention it because it's something we have heard from Mika about his mother's teaching and what became his practice too.

"I wouldn't finish my work if I don't tell you what I have to say.

I was there with you. Tears were running on my face. William has seen it.

But at the same moment there is millions of people watching the show. 

And we have this something inside us that has to be strong.

Why? First to honor the moment we are living. As well to honor as best as possible the one who is leaving.

And to honor us, because we are here at the very moment and will never come back to this moment.

We have only one chance to live it.

And in this memory we can have the whole pain of the world. 

And because we involve ourselves in this profession we have a responsibility which should go over the most sadness we can live.

And we have to go to find in this deep sadness the courage to honor the chance we have to do what we are doing.

At the very moment two years ago my mother died. And I new that I would finish this "Post mortem" with my mom. 

But I can't go and say to Jean-Philippe (Dion) - "I am not able to do this" Post mortem" because it's the date and the hour of my mom's departure". 

If I have to break down, I will do it after. I am aware that something is happening inside me now. But if I don't honor the profession I am doing, if she saw this, she wouldn't be proud of me.

I am not saying all this to make you cry. I just want to say that we pass through moments in our lives - like at this moment I am connected with my mom who died at the very moment - but at the same time I am here with you because I have a work and I have a responsibility. And I consider this as a privilege to be with you tonight. Which - on the other hand - is a sort of support for me.

And for Dashny, for every person working for this show, for people watching you all, I can tell you it was a hard moment.

We have to say this beautiful sentence: "show must go on". 

I love you. You are wonderful. I can't find words. Usually I don't have this problem. 

There is something inside me connected to each of you. I feel a great joy of being with you.

I think it's the most beautiful experience in my life - to be with you. Yes, it is he most beautiful experience in my life.

Thank you. I love you."

Mika has this attitude too. No matter how you feel inside, you go on stage and you do your job. Because people are waiting. This is what his mom taught him when he was a boy singing in opera....

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

On Sunday Dashny was eliminated and all students were devastated.

Poor guy, he still couldn't learn his part of the lyrics of Lollipop for the live on Sunday :aah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4