Mika - the new artistic director @ Star Academie Canada

krysady

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I was rewatching on YouTube Bowie's song and Mika's symphonic version.

Actually in both songs the gospel choir can make a nice background.

I agree, that’s why I was throwing crazy things out there ☺️ But it’s also my wishful thinking

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, krysady said:

... but still Mika's song would fit better :shun:

Debate is over: it’s Bowie 😉he almost has a fit when no one knew the song at all 😂

The whole concept is about freedom!

they will also sing:

Born this way from Gaga

Heroes from Bowie

à cause des garçons de Yelle

Djadja from Ana Nakamura

small town boy from Bronski Beat

can’t help falling in love from Elvis

it’s fascinating all he got to see all of the students for who they really are...

gonna be another great moment!

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

they will also sing:

Oh yes, that's made my day! Ok now I really can't wait! 

20 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

Debate is over: it’s Bowie 😉he almost has a fit when no one knew the song at all 😂

Really, none of them knew it? Poor Mika! Having just rewatched the clip of XFactor with Luca claiming he didn't know who Elvis was, I can imagine how that went down. 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cathouzouf said:

The whole concept is about freedom!

they will also sing:

Born this way from Gaga

Heroes from Bowie

à cause des garçons de Yelle

Djadja from Ana Nakamura

can’t help falling in love from Elvis

it’s fascinating all he got to see all of the students for who they really are...

gonna be another great moment!

Thanks, Cath! The '80s girl in me is so happy -- can't tell you how much I love Bronski Beat and the memories it evokes!

And of course Bowie is one of my Big 3. :thumb_yello:

Anything by Elvis is always welcome and same for Gaga. The only thing I don't know is Djadja? But in Mika's capable hands I'm sure it's going to be amazing!

• Like 6

REPLAY

La quotidienne - Épisode 27

( broadcast on 31 March 2021)

1845476473_2021_03.31SAla-quotidienne_episode-26MIKA.mp4_000192358.thumb.png.7190124064c8373900629ba2074f754f.png

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Saw some bits on Twitter, can’t wait to watch the whole episode. But I thought it was going to be flamboyant and extravagant and well, I don’t think we’ll be disappointed 😆

By the way the candidates have incredible voices! They will really shine on Sunday. Hopefully Mika will join them in a song or two. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

OMG! What they are preparing!!!!!

And I love watching them all working, co-working, inventing themselves and really having fun!!!!!

And Mika admiring their talents - I think it's a wonderful power for the students.

I must say that this program is so different to what I've seen on TV.

It's not a competition it's a wonderful school - of singing, acting but of life as well.

Yesterday I'va watch the class with Laura Fabien. And it was so spiritual. She cares about these young guys.

And they are so open for changes.

I am so happy that Mika is in this show too. Because we can learn as well.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, cathouzouf said:

Born this way from Gaga

:fangurl: Love this song! Definitely my fave Gaga song.

Elvis. :wub2: I hope Mika sings that one. I loved it when he sang Wooden Heart at the Xmas gig!

The song by Yelle, I probably heard it when she was Mika's support act in 2007, but can't remember. Generally her music is too electronic for my liking, but she has a few fun ones.

Smalltown Boy, of course I know it, it's an 80s classic that gets still played at clubs - but I just looked up the lyrics for the first time, never realized their meaning before. Most of the English songs I liked as a kid/teen, I only liked for the music, because I didn't understand the lyrics - and still it sometimes happens to me now that I hear an old song that I can sing along to but suddenly realize the meaning of the text. I think that's only partly because of the foreign language though, but same as with 'Lollipop', as a kid you just don't realize what it means, and if you never look it up / get told, it might take a long time til you do.

I also knew Bowie's Heroes, but more like "ah yes, I've heard that before, and I suppose it's Bowie, sounds like it...", but tbh Bowie never was one of my faves, so I'm not too familiar with his discography. I also just looked up the meaning of this song, and it's connected with the fall of the Berlin wall, that's quite interesting. Makes a lot of sense connected with the topic of "freedom".

Djadja also is the only song in this list that I never heard... and I'm not too convinced of it, but anyway t4p Anna! :lol:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

but tbh Bowie never was one of my faves, so I'm not too familiar with his discography

Same for me. I liked his personality but never been a fan of his songs.

25 minutes ago, mellody said:

Djadja also is the only song in this list that I never heard

We used to get this one playing on radios non stop for months, over and over again, such an annoying song :aah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, krysady said:

We used to get this one playing on radios non stop for months, over and over again, such an annoying song :aah:

After we have seen the show, I am sure Mika will have shown us a different side of the song that will speak more to us - or not, can go both ways 🤣

But that is Mika’s magic! I’m looking forward to it very much.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

After we have seen the show, I am sure Mika will have shown us a different side of the song that will speak more to us - or not, can go both ways 🤣

But that is Mika’s magic! I’m looking forward to it very much.

Me too! I'm sure that no matter how this new version will be, it can't be more annoying that the original one :teehee:

• Haha 4

Weekly magazine

Échos Vedettes - 3 Avril 2021

page 16

Mika

:france:

UNE PREMIÈRE SEMAINE INTENSE

Dans le Variété de dimanche dernier, Mika a véritablement mis le feu au studio avec son énergie communicative, ses folies de mise en scène et sa générosité inépuisable pour les Académiciens. À la fin de l’émission, il a pris quelques minutes pour nous confier ses impressions sur sa première semaine à Star Académie. «C’était assez intense. La chose qui m’a le plus étonné est la volonté de toute l’équipe, que ce soit des Académiciens, de la production ou des techniciens, de s’impliquer dans cet énorme challenge: notre numéro. Ce n’était pas simple, et c’était voulu que ce ne soit pas simple. On voulait vraiment se retrouver dans cet effort collectif de créer quelque chose d’unique. J’ai eu beaucoup de plaisir.» Pour sa deuxième participation au Variété, le directeur artistique a prévu quelque chose de surprenant. «Ça sera complètement différent. Le numéro s’inspirera de l’idée que la musique et les personnalités font partie d’un défilé de culture pop, et c’est ce défilé que je veux littéralement monter sur la scène. Je ne peux pas en dire plus!»

:uk:

AN INTENSE FIRST WEEK

In last Sunday's Variety, Mika really set the studio on fire with his communicative energy, his staging follies and his inexhaustible generosity for Academicians. At the end of the show, he took a few minutes to share his thoughts on his first week at Star Académie. “It was pretty intense. The thing that surprised me the most is the willingness of the whole team, whether academics, production or technicians, to get involved in this huge challenge: our number. It was not easy, and I wanted it not to be easy. We really wanted to come together in this collective effort to create something unique. I had a lot of fun." For his second participation in Variety, the artistic director has planned something surprising. “It will be completely different. The number will be inspired by the idea that music and personalities are part of a pop culture parade, and this is the parade that I literally want to take the stage. I can not say more!"

2021-04-03_Echos_Vedettes_p.16-MIKA.thumb.jpg.fefbd5e82ca6d786fec25961acc39fcc.jpg

• Like 5

7 Jours - 9 Avril 2021

page 22

MIKA

:france:

Ce n’est pas fini...

Lors du 7e Variété, Mika, le directeur artistique, en a mis plein la vue avec son numéro spectaculaire de six tableaux où les Académiciens ont revisité avec lui ses plus grands succès. Mais ce n’est pas fini: Mika prépare actuellement un nouveau numéro à grand déploiement pour le dimanche de Pâques, cette fois sur le thème de la liberté.

Ça promet!

:uk:

It is not finished...

During the 7th Variety, Mika, the artistic director, wowed with his spectacular number of six paintings in which the Academicians revisited his greatest successes with him. But it's not over yet: Mika is currently preparing a new large-scale Easter Sunday issue, this time on the theme of freedom.

It promises!

1870344751_7Jours-9Avril2021_p_22.thumb.jpg.a894b019b9305e8ce80cd340533e4a91.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mellody said:

The song by Yelle, I probably heard it when she was Mika's support act in 2007, but can't remember.

After Mika singing it in his story, the memory came back - it was the song that was already stuck in my head all the time back in 2007, while I would much rather have had a Mika song stuck in my head after a Mika gig. 😅 :roftl:

• Haha 5