Mika - the new artistic director @ Star Academie Canada

krysady

7 hours ago, mellody said:

After Mika singing it in his story, the memory came back - it was the song that was already stuck in my head all the time back in 2007, while I would much rather have had a Mika song stuck in my head after a Mika gig. 😅 :roftl:

Just listened to it today, and I find it even worse than Djadja :facepalm:

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, krysady said:

Just listened to it today, and I find it even worse than Djadja :facepalm:

:biggrin2:

But at least the lyrics are understandable.....while for me "Djadja" has just no sense :blink:

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, carafon said:

:biggrin2:

But at least the lyrics are understandable.....while for me "Djadja" has just no sense :blink:

That's true, one has annoying lyrics and the other one annoying melody :aah:

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I know we still have some days until the show, but does anyone know what he will do after Star Academie? I’m not looking forward to a Mika drought 🥺

I haven't heard anything, and I'm curious as well. I wonder if he'll stay in Canada for a while -- he clearly loves Montreal, and he's invested the two weeks of quarantine, so maybe he has more planned there? or maybe he'll just go back to Athens to write some more? It would be nice to know! I've lived through too many "Mika droughts"! :lol3:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I know we still have some days until the show, but does anyone know what he will do after Star Academie? I’m not looking forward to a Mika drought 🥺

First thing I hope he'll do is going to see his dogs :teehee:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I haven't heard anything, and I'm curious as well. I wonder if he'll stay in Canada for a while -- he clearly loves Montreal, and he's invested the two weeks of quarantine, so maybe he has more planned there? or maybe he'll just go back to Athens to write some more? It would be nice to know! I've lived through too many "Mika droughts"! :lol3:

Well I don't think he will stay in Canada. He supposed to do 4 shows and they cut it to only two because of quarantaines. So I think if he stays in Canada they would have him in Star Academie longer.

But who knows?

Me too I can't wait to know his plans - he is preparing so many projects! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I wonder if he'll stay in Canada for a while -- he clearly loves Montreal, and he's invested the two weeks of quarantine, so maybe he has more planned there? or maybe he'll just go back to Athens to write some more? It would be nice to know!

I have the same questions! Guess we will know Mikasoon 🙈 but I hope sooner, because I find a few weeks already hard, I cannot imagine how you could stand months of not hearing from him....multiple times! That’s just mean! 

27 minutes ago, krysady said:

First thing I hope he'll do is going to see his dogs :teehee:

That’s what I thought, too. So maybe straight to Athens? Or wherever they are ☺️

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Good to know I’m not the only one 😆 but I love speculating, just like everyone else 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Deb , you missed the opportunity to ask him during the "live" !!!

You definately have to take him back ......coz we neeeeeed to know ! :lol3:

25 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well I don't think he will stay in Canada. He supposed to do 4 shows and they cut it to only two because of quarantaines. So I think if he stays in Canada they would have him in Star Academie longer.

But who knows?

In a recent interview in Canadian press he said that his original plans were to go and come back to see his pupils improvements.

Could be that he planed some stuff in USA ?

Like having studio sessions in Miami for the Ep he talked about some time ago ? (fingers crossed .....:naughty: )

Edited by carafon
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, carafon said:

Deb , you missed the opportunity to ask him during the "live" !!!

You definately have to take him back ......coz we neeeeeed to know ! :lol3:

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And I think Deb was stunned just like the rest of us 🤣 besides, he clearly took over with his language lessons

Well, that's just it. I was trying to go into interview mode when he said something like, "You and I need to do something together." :eek:

And then things went downhill from there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Well, that's just it. I was trying to go into interview mode when he said something like, "You and I need to do something together." :eek:

And then things went downhill from there.

And he managed to make you speak Italian during our Insta Lives - more and more!!!! :thumb_yello:

• Like 6

On 4/1/2021 at 1:57 AM, cathouzouf said:

Debate is over: it’s Bowie 😉he almost has a fit when no one knew the song at all 😂

The whole concept is about freedom!

they will also sing:

Born this way from Gaga

Heroes from Bowie

à cause des garçons de Yelle

Djadja from Ana Nakamura

small town boy from Bronski Beat

can’t help falling in love from Elvis

it’s fascinating all he got to see all of the students for who they really are...

gonna be another great moment!

A cause des garçons was covered by Yelle but it was a group singing it before in the 80s

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/À_cause_des_garçons_(chanson)

I love all the songs Mika picked except Small Town Boy by Bronski Beat that I always found totally depressing (but hopefully not this version since  it will sound totally different from what I could hear in la quotidienne) 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, krysady said:

IGTV

a little bit longer version

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNNirptr_G6/

En coulisse avec Team White en route vers le 8e variété!

C’est un grand défi que @official.teamwhite devra relever cette semaine ! Mettre en avant les idées d’envergure de @mikainstagram n’est pas de tout repos, mais les chorégraphes nous promettent un «plateau dansant» à la hauteur de notre directeur artistique ! 🌈🕺

Un mot pour décrit le variété de demain : LIBERTÉ ! 🕊
«Soyez libres, soyez vous-même pis le party va être dans la place !»

📺 Variété : dimanche 19h à @tvareseau
💻 En simultané à TVA+

#NationStarAc
  • Like 5