Mika - the new artistic director @ Star Academie Canada

Weekly magazine

Échos Vedettes - 3 Avril 2021

page 16

Mika

:france:

UNE PREMIÈRE SEMAINE INTENSE

Dans le Variété de dimanche dernier, Mika a véritablement mis le feu au studio avec son énergie communicative, ses folies de mise en scène et sa générosité inépuisable pour les Académiciens. À la fin de l’émission, il a pris quelques minutes pour nous confier ses impressions sur sa première semaine à Star Académie. «C’était assez intense. La chose qui m’a le plus étonné est la volonté de toute l’équipe, que ce soit des Académiciens, de la production ou des techniciens, de s’impliquer dans cet énorme challenge: notre numéro. Ce n’était pas simple, et c’était voulu que ce ne soit pas simple. On voulait vraiment se retrouver dans cet effort collectif de créer quelque chose d’unique. J’ai eu beaucoup de plaisir.» Pour sa deuxième participation au Variété, le directeur artistique a prévu quelque chose de surprenant. «Ça sera complètement différent. Le numéro s’inspirera de l’idée que la musique et les personnalités font partie d’un défilé de culture pop, et c’est ce défilé que je veux littéralement monter sur la scène. Je ne peux pas en dire plus!»

:uk:

AN INTENSE FIRST WEEK

In last Sunday's Variety, Mika really set the studio on fire with his communicative energy, his staging follies and his inexhaustible generosity for Academicians. At the end of the show, he took a few minutes to share his thoughts on his first week at Star Académie. “It was pretty intense. The thing that surprised me the most is the willingness of the whole team, whether academics, production or technicians, to get involved in this huge challenge: our number. It was not easy, and I wanted it not to be easy. We really wanted to come together in this collective effort to create something unique. I had a lot of fun." For his second participation in Variety, the artistic director has planned something surprising. “It will be completely different. The number will be inspired by the idea that music and personalities are part of a pop culture parade, and this is the parade that I literally want to take the stage. I can not say more!"

2021-04-03_Echos_Vedettes_p.16-MIKA.thumb.jpg.fefbd5e82ca6d786fec25961acc39fcc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

REPLAY Le variété - Épisode 07   Dailymotion links   1 TVA Le variété - Épisode 07 (Segment 1)     2 TVA Le variété - Épisode 07 (Segment

Échos Vedettes 18 Mar 2021 PRESSREADER https://pressreader.com/article/282578790805105  ☛ PDF file ( a whole 68 pages / 6.7 MB )2021-03-20 Echos_Vedettes_.pdf ☛ PDF file ( Mik

For anyone who can't see the dailymotion videos above, here's the Leonard Cohen tribute:       I tried to upload the full medley on YouTube as well, but it was blocked du

Posted Images

7 Jours - 9 Avril 2021

page 22

MIKA

:france:

Ce n’est pas fini...

Lors du 7e Variété, Mika, le directeur artistique, en a mis plein la vue avec son numéro spectaculaire de six tableaux où les Académiciens ont revisité avec lui ses plus grands succès. Mais ce n’est pas fini: Mika prépare actuellement un nouveau numéro à grand déploiement pour le dimanche de Pâques, cette fois sur le thème de la liberté.

Ça promet!

:uk:

It is not finished...

During the 7th Variety, Mika, the artistic director, wowed with his spectacular number of six paintings in which the Academicians revisited his greatest successes with him. But it's not over yet: Mika is currently preparing a new large-scale Easter Sunday issue, this time on the theme of freedom.

It promises!

1870344751_7Jours-9Avril2021_p_22.thumb.jpg.a894b019b9305e8ce80cd340533e4a91.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, mellody said:

The song by Yelle, I probably heard it when she was Mika's support act in 2007, but can't remember.

After Mika singing it in his story, the memory came back - it was the song that was already stuck in my head all the time back in 2007, while I would much rather have had a Mika song stuck in my head after a Mika gig. 😅 :roftl:

• Haha 5
7 hours ago, mellody said:

After Mika singing it in his story, the memory came back - it was the song that was already stuck in my head all the time back in 2007, while I would much rather have had a Mika song stuck in my head after a Mika gig. 😅 :roftl:

Just listened to it today, and I find it even worse than Djadja :facepalm:

• Haha 3
53 minutes ago, krysady said:

Just listened to it today, and I find it even worse than Djadja :facepalm:

:biggrin2:

But at least the lyrics are understandable.....while for me "Djadja" has just no sense :blink:

• Haha 3
35 minutes ago, carafon said:

:biggrin2:

But at least the lyrics are understandable.....while for me "Djadja" has just no sense :blink:

That's true, one has annoying lyrics and the other one annoying melody :aah:

• Haha 3
33 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I know we still have some days until the show, but does anyone know what he will do after Star Academie? I’m not looking forward to a Mika drought 🥺

I haven't heard anything, and I'm curious as well. I wonder if he'll stay in Canada for a while -- he clearly loves Montreal, and he's invested the two weeks of quarantine, so maybe he has more planned there? or maybe he'll just go back to Athens to write some more? It would be nice to know! I've lived through too many "Mika droughts"! :lol3:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I know we still have some days until the show, but does anyone know what he will do after Star Academie? I’m not looking forward to a Mika drought 🥺

First thing I hope he'll do is going to see his dogs :teehee:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I haven't heard anything, and I'm curious as well. I wonder if he'll stay in Canada for a while -- he clearly loves Montreal, and he's invested the two weeks of quarantine, so maybe he has more planned there? or maybe he'll just go back to Athens to write some more? It would be nice to know! I've lived through too many "Mika droughts"! :lol3:

Well I don't think he will stay in Canada. He supposed to do 4 shows and they cut it to only two because of quarantaines. So I think if he stays in Canada they would have him in Star Academie longer.

But who knows?

Me too I can't wait to know his plans - he is preparing so many projects! 

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I wonder if he'll stay in Canada for a while -- he clearly loves Montreal, and he's invested the two weeks of quarantine, so maybe he has more planned there? or maybe he'll just go back to Athens to write some more? It would be nice to know!

I have the same questions! Guess we will know Mikasoon 🙈 but I hope sooner, because I find a few weeks already hard, I cannot imagine how you could stand months of not hearing from him....multiple times! That’s just mean! 

27 minutes ago, krysady said:

First thing I hope he'll do is going to see his dogs :teehee:

That’s what I thought, too. So maybe straight to Athens? Or wherever they are ☺️

17 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Good to know I’m not the only one 😆 but I love speculating, just like everyone else 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Deb , you missed the opportunity to ask him during the "live" !!!

You definately have to take him back ......coz we neeeeeed to know ! :lol3:

25 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well I don't think he will stay in Canada. He supposed to do 4 shows and they cut it to only two because of quarantaines. So I think if he stays in Canada they would have him in Star Academie longer.

But who knows?

In a recent interview in Canadian press he said that his original plans were to go and come back to see his pupils improvements.

Could be that he planed some stuff in USA ?

Like having studio sessions in Miami for the Ep he talked about some time ago ? (fingers crossed .....:naughty: )

Edited by carafon
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, carafon said:

And I think Deb was stunned just like the rest of us 🤣 besides, he clearly took over with his language lessons

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, carafon said:

You definately have to take him back ......coz we neeeeeed to know ! :lol3:

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And I think Deb was stunned just like the rest of us 🤣 besides, he clearly took over with his language lessons

Well, that's just it. I was trying to go into interview mode when he said something like, "You and I need to do something together." :eek:

And then things went downhill from there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Well, that's just it. I was trying to go into interview mode when he said something like, "You and I need to do something together." :eek:

And then things went downhill from there.

And he managed to make you speak Italian during our Insta Lives - more and more!!!! :thumb_yello:

• Like 6
On 4/1/2021 at 1:57 AM, cathouzouf said:

Debate is over: it’s Bowie 😉he almost has a fit when no one knew the song at all 😂

The whole concept is about freedom!

they will also sing:

Born this way from Gaga

Heroes from Bowie

à cause des garçons de Yelle

Djadja from Ana Nakamura

small town boy from Bronski Beat

can’t help falling in love from Elvis

it’s fascinating all he got to see all of the students for who they really are...

gonna be another great moment!

A cause des garçons was covered by Yelle but it was a group singing it before in the 80s

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/À_cause_des_garçons_(chanson)

I love all the songs Mika picked except Small Town Boy by Bronski Beat that I always found totally depressing (but hopefully not this version since  it will sound totally different from what I could hear in la quotidienne) 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3