Mika - the new artistic director @ Star Academie Canada

krysady

10 hours ago, mellody said:

Hmm, in the English version it's "home" both times, but I just read the French version, it's "chez moi" for Miami and "a la maison" at the end. Maison means house, dunno if it can also mean home, as in feeling at home somewhere? So maybe it just means he misses that house? And maybe also the area - if I was him, after the Canadian temperatures I'd also like to hang out under palm trees in Miami for a few days. :naughty: :biggrin2:

I definitely agree, he refers to his house in Miami. That's his real house, the only one he does own at the moment. Last year he only spent there a few weeks in January, then went back on tour, and after the Australian leg we all know he returned to Europe and went to Athens.

He spent a week in Miami for the first time since over a year at the beginning of March, before going to Canada. Now he's spending another week there, but it seems like he's going to leave soon again (maybe over the weekend? he says he's only going to spend there 4 days...).

Definitely, over the past few years that's the house he's been calling "home".

I would love he called "home" his (rented) house in Tuscany, but I know that's not the case. He only stays in Italy when he's working on a project or has some scheduled appointment. 

Same for Paris (as far as I know), where he stays at hotels or some relative's place.

Of course he's citizen of the world, so he makes a house wherever he is...even a dressing-room for one day!

But "home" is the one in Miami for him and I can understand if he longs to be there now.

Edited by Elena Mastro
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait what???? When does the season start? 

No announcement has been done so far. But rumors say the team of judges should be mostly confirmed (excpet maybe for Manuel Agnelli, ...I think). Anyway, nothing's sure at the moment, but I guess in a couple of months we're going to get some news about the team of judges for the next season.

If everything is confirmed, then recordings should start in the Summer. We'll wait and see what happens...! :wink2:

• Like 2

On TVA they uploaded the full "party" class with Mika from last week. :cheer: It's 1h30' long !!!

Here's the direct link to watch it:

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/video/cours-070302-mika-1040332745

(I'm sure the admins will be able to provide the link to a fully accessible video. I just wanted to say that is available :wink2: )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

4 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

Same for Paris (as far as I know), where he stays at hotels or some relative's place.

I was wondering about this, since most of his siblings apparently live there now. Wasn’t Paris always his home in terms of where he felt he belonged more as opposed to London? In Paris him wearing bowties and colourful trousers would be celebrated, in London he would be bullied. I wonder if that had led the decision for his family to relocate to Paris, alongside Brexit maybe. 

The reason why I’m wondering about this, is because we made a similar decision for our little family. We’re colourful in terms of multicultural, interracial and multilingual. We noticed that living where we lived, we were viewed as “strange”, whereas where we live now it is easier to find other families like ourselves. I don’t want my children to grow up thinking they are “strange”, but I want them to grow up with people just like them. I want them to be able to celebrate who they are. I could understand that for him and his family this would be important as well.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

On TVA they uploaded the full "party" class with Mika from last week. :cheer: It's 1h30' long !!!

Here's the direct link to watch it:

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/video/cours-070302-mika-1040332745

(I'm sure the admins will be able to provide the link to a fully accessible video. I just wanted to say that is available :wink2: )

Thanks a lot for posting !!

Cours d'identité artistique avec Mika

1 h 30 min

image.jpg.5533b1f1524277c6450a4ae3869f9f7b.jpg

TVA https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/video/cours-070302-mika-1040332745

☛ DIRECT MP4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks a lot for posting !!

Cours d'identité artistique avec Mika

1 h 30 min

image.jpg.5533b1f1524277c6450a4ae3869f9f7b.jpg

TVA https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/video/cours-070302-mika-1040332745

☛ DIRECT MP4

Wow!!!!!! Thank God they decided to post it!!!!!!!

I am in the middle of the video and all I can say is: WOW!

It should be translated to let people understand the way Mika is working and explaining his ideas.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was wondering about this, since most of his siblings apparently live there now. Wasn’t Paris always his home in terms of where he felt he belonged more as opposed to London? In Paris him wearing bowties and colourful trousers would be celebrated, in London he would be bullied. I wonder if that had led the decision for his family to relocate to Paris, alongside Brexit maybe. 

The reason why I’m wondering about this, is because we made a similar decision for our little family. We’re colourful in terms of multicultural, interracial and multilingual. We noticed that living where we lived, we were viewed as “strange”, whereas where we live now it is easier to find other families like ourselves. I don’t want my children to grow up thinking they are “strange”, but I want them to grow up with people just like them. I want them to be able to celebrate who they are. I could understand that for him and his family this would be important as well.

If I'm not wrong, from what he said in the interviews, He has a house in London, in Paris, in Miami, in Milan, in Tosacana. And in Athens is Andy's house. He always says that home is where he's with the people he loves and feels free. So it's difficult to know which house he calls home, I guess all houses are.

12 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait what???? When does the season start? 

I see that they already opened for registrations online, like next year. And there's a lot of speculation about who's going to replace Allesandro Cattelan, among other names it is also Fedez. But I'm sure we'll get many rumors before the official announcement.

Edited by krysady

9 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

I definitely agree, he refers to his house in Miami

Yes, I think the same

9 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

I would love he called "home" his (rented) house in Tuscany, but I know that's not the case. He only stays in Italy when he's working on a project or has some scheduled appointment.

Moreover, he mentioned several times in interviews that the house in Tuscany it is his sister's house. 

About Paris, he said he rented his own house a while ago, because in the past he spent all the money he got from The Voice to pay the hotel bill :)

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

It should be translated to let people understand the way Mika is working and explaining his ideas.

I can't watch it now, but you make me curious. :biggrin2:

36 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

If I'm not wrong, from what he said in the interviews, He has a house in London, in Paris, in Miami, in Milan, in Tosacana. And in Athens is Andy's house. He always says that home is where he's with the people he loves and feels free. So it's difficult to know which house he calls home, I guess all houses are.

From what I heard, he doesn't have the homes in Milan and London anymore. I never heard that he owned a place in Paris, I only know part of his family lives there - tho I'm never sure which of their homes are rented or bought. Athens, for example - it seems Mika and Andy have 2 flats there now in the same house, but no idea if they're rented or bought. Same for Tuscany, I heard the house belongs to him, it belongs to his sister, or it's rented - no idea which is true. Sometimes there are ways to find out such things online, and fans who have a lot of time and energy to do that. I don't tbh, so all I know are rumours or things he said in interviews. And I don't know all of those either, plus we all know he sometimes contradicts himself. :teehee: So well indeed the only house that *I* know he owns for sure right now is the one in Miami.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, krysady said:

About Paris, he said he rented his own house a while ago, because in the past he spent all the money he got from The Voice to pay the hotel bill :)

That must be part of the interviews that I haven't heard. :teehee: But it was only over the last ca. 1,5 years that I started following his French and Italian interviews / activities, before that I only read the written interviews if a translation was posted on MFC. Opens a whole new universe. :teehee:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

That must be part of the interviews that I haven't heard. :teehee: But it was only over the last ca. 1,5 years that I started following his French and Italian interviews / activities, before that I only read the written interviews if a translation was posted on MFC. Opens a whole new universe. :teehee:

It was an older interview where he said that he found himself literally crying into the hotel's lobby after he found out he has to give all the money he got from The Voice for paying the bill, I looked for the interview but couldn't find it. 

Anyway, while I was searching it, I found another one where he said that his main house it is in USA, and he only owns an American passport, but at the same time he is feeling deeply European. That is one of my favorites french interviews and I was looking if it got subtitles, but couldn't find it, I thought it was translated back then. It really deserves, it is such an interesting one!  It's the RFM interview with Pascal Negre, he talks about his houses around min. 5:10 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, krysady said:

and he only owns an American passport

Wow really? I thought he had dual citizenship with the UK. 
That must be a hassle to get his VISA approved every time. Since I would assume he’s self-employed and doesn’t have a permanent residence in Europe, I’m not sure if he would be issued a work VISA (which country anyway 😆). I can imagine he has a repeated Schengen one then. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I can't watch it now, but you make me curious. :biggrin2:

From what I heard, he doesn't have the homes in Milan and London anymore. I never heard that he owned a place in Paris, I only know part of his family lives there - tho I'm never sure which of their homes are rented or bought. Athens, for example - it seems Mika and Andy have 2 flats there now in the same house, but no idea if they're rented or bought. Same for Tuscany, I heard the house belongs to him, it belongs to his sister, or it's rented - no idea which is true. Sometimes there are ways to find out such things online, and fans who have a lot of time and energy to do that. I don't tbh, so all I know are rumours or things he said in interviews. And I don't know all of those either, plus we all know he sometimes contradicts himself. :teehee: So well indeed the only house that *I* know he owns for sure right now is the one in Miami.

It's difficult to know, but I am not talking about whether it is your own or a rented house. Your home can be a rented house. It's difficult to find the interviews now, and also surely they contradict each other. 😂. It's a new excuse to say that we need new interviews.

Also, I'm impatient to know what style your next album will have. Better not think about the time that will pass until we let's find out. 😆

1 hour ago, krysady said:

It was an older interview where he said that he found himself literally crying into the hotel's lobby after he found out he has to give all the money he got from The Voice for paying the bill, I looked for the interview but couldn't find it. 

Anyway, while I was searching it, I found another one where he said that his main house it is in USA, and he only owns an American passport, but at the same time he is feeling deeply European. That is one of my favorites french interviews and I was looking if it got subtitles, but couldn't find it, I thought it was translated back then. It really deserves, it is such an interesting one!  It's the RFM interview with Pascal Negre, he talks about his houses around min. 5:10 

Thanks! This interview seems very nice, although I don't understand much.

It's weird about the passport ... I think there will be an interview where it says something different. 😂

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That must be a hassle to get his VISA approved every time. Since I would assume he’s self-employed and doesn’t have a permanent residence in Europe, I’m not sure if he would be issued a work VISA (which country anyway 😆). I can imagine he has a repeated Schengen one then. 

I also think the same, he's supposed to have dual citizenship.😆

14 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

I definitely agree, he refers to his house in Miami. That's his real house, the only one he does own at the moment. Last year he only spent there a few weeks in January, then went back on tour, and after the Australian leg we all know he returned to Europe and went to Athens.

He spent a week in Miami for the first time since over a year at the beginning of March, before going to Canada. Now he's spending another week there, but it seems like he's going to leave soon again (maybe over the weekend? he says he's only going to spend there 4 days...).

Definitely, over the past few years that's the house he's been calling "home".

Of course he's citizen of the world, so he makes a house wherever he is...even a dressing-room for one day!

But "home" is the one in Miami for him and I can understand if he longs to be there now.

@Elena Mastro :thumb_yello:yes Mika citizen of world.. :wub2: son d'accordo Brava Elena...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I'm not sure where Mika's siblings live anymore - but I think they were staying in Paris while their mother was so ill. They may have gone back to their respective homes by now, don't you think, if they have jobs or other relationships?

It's interesting that we're discussing this now, because last night I ran across an old interview in which he said that London was his home and it always would be. Of course, this interview was from 2007 or 2008 (of course, I can't find it now that I need it!) so his opinion could have changed.

4 hours ago, krysady said:

Yes, I think the same

Moreover, he mentioned several times in interviews that the house in Tuscany it is his sister's house. 

Yes, I recall him saying that the house in Tuscany was his sister's, too. But he certainly seems at home there.

4 hours ago, mellody said:

plus we all know he sometimes contradicts himself. :teehee: So well indeed the only house that *I* know he owns for sure right now is the one in Miami.

:lol3:  Yes, we have said before that the least reliable source of information about Mika is Mika!

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I don't know how that works, but I wonder how Brexit complicates things now? I thought he had dual citizenship as well, but perhaps he gave up his British passport? I suppose you can do that? :dunno: Me, on the other hand, I'm thinking of looking into how I can claim British citizenship. My mother is English and has never naturalized, so I think I can do it. When Trump was still president I started investigating, thinking I might need to abandon the US, but now that he's out of office I sort of let it go... But maybe I should follow up with it, just in case...

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I'm not sure where Mika's siblings live anymore - but I think they were staying in Paris while their mother was so ill. They may have gone back to their respective homes by now, don't you think, if they have jobs or other relationships?

I think I just assumed they all lived in Paris, not sure where this was based on 🙈

47 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

It's interesting that we're discussing this now, because last night I ran across an old interview in which he said that London was his home and it always would be. Of course, this interview was from 2007 or 2008 (of course, I can't find it now that I need it!) so his opinion could have changed.

It wouldn’t be the first time his opinion changes 😆

48 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I don't know how that works, but I wonder how Brexit complicates things now? I thought he had dual citizenship as well, but perhaps he gave up his British passport? I suppose you can do that? :dunno: Me, on the other hand, I'm thinking of looking into how I can claim British citizenship.

Brexit does complicate things now. They are still negotiating I believe, but for how it is now: if your reason would be to be able to travel to Europe more easily, then I am afraid a British passport doesn’t have any advantage over your American passport. With both passports you are allowed to be on a tourist VISA for 90 days. Any extended period you would have to apply for a VISA (work, Schengen or otherwise). Before Brexit, this wasn’t necessary for UK passports, it however is now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

That's most likely, Yasmine is living in New York, his father in Dubai, they probably only gathered together in Paris while Joannie was sick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

When Trump was still president I started investigating, thinking I might need to abandon the US, but now that he's out of office I sort of let it go... But maybe I should follow up with it, just in case...

Noo, please, I hope we will never see him again :aah:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

In this French interview he say that he has an US passport but he feels European, even if he doesn't have a passport from any European country. I really hope the Subtitling team will have time to translate it because it's very interesting :)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, krysady said:

In this French interview he say that he has an US passport but he feels European, even if he doesn't have a passport from any European country. I really hope the Subtitling team will have time to translate it because it's very interesting :)

In an article about Europe in Corriere della sera some years ago, he confirmed that he feels European even if he hasn't any document to prove it, owning only an American passport. 

Screenshot_20210409-200529_Chrome.jpg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

In an article about Europe in Corriere della sera some years ago, he confirmed that he feels European even if he hasn't any document to prove it, owning only an American passport. 

Thank you! :flowers2:  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I only managed to watch the first 30 minutes tonight and I don't understand everything he says, but I LOVE it how his eyes are sparkling all the time when he talks about what these songs and being on stage mean to him. :wub2:

• Like 4