Mika - the new artistic director @ Star Academie Canada

krysady

Mika was not in this episode. :sad:

On 2/15/2021 at 2:21 PM, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

TVA

Star Académie - Le variété (segment 1) - TVA en rattrapage | TVA+ (qub.ca)

• Dailymotion Part-1

Mika ( virtual ) sang a bit of Hymne a l'amour ( Edith Piaf ) with candidates.

• Dailymotion Part-2
  • Dailymotion Part-3
  • Dailymotion Part-4
  • Dailymotion Part-5
  • Dailymotion Part-6 
  • Dailymotion Part-7 
  • Dailymotion Part-8 
  • Dailymotion Part-9

REPLAY

Le variété - Épisode 02

Dailymotion

Part -1

Part - 2

Part - 3

Part - 4

Part - 5

Part - 6

Part - 7

Part - 8

Part - 9

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Échos Vedettes 

27 Février 2021

:france:

Profession: juge télé

Qu’ont en commun Lara Fabian, Marc Dupré, Ariane Moffatt, Garou, Pierre Lapointe et Mariana Mazza? Ils ont tous un statut de chanteur ou d’artiste mais, la plupart du temps, ils préfèrent se retrouver sur un banc de juge que sur une scène à pratiquer leur premier métier. L’idée m’est donc venue d’écrire sur les juges nouveau genre quand j’ai remarqué que Mariana Mazza était juge, non pas à une seule, mais à au moins deux émissions de télévision: Le prochain stand-up, à Noovo, et La magie des stars, à TVA. Manque-t-on à ce point de juges à la télévision, au Québec? Personnellement, je n’ai rien contre Mariana, mais il me semble que tenir continuellement un rôle de juge dans des émissions, aussi différentes soient-elles, joue un peu sur la crédibilité de l’artiste. À moins qu’on voue un culte d’infaillibilité à cette personne, ce dont je doute. Retrouver, saison après saison, Marc Dupré sur une chaise de juge — dans la défunte production La Voix — est une chose, mais voir une humoriste juger des humoristes et, le lendemain, juger des artistes jouant aux magiciens, ça déchire un peu. Juger des chanteurs ou chanteuses requiert des connaissances en musique; c’est pareil pour les humoristes. Qu’on retrouve Mariana Mazza aux côtés de Louis Morissette et de PA Méthot, c’est parfait! Pour moi, la goutte de trop, c’est de la voir aussi juger des numéros de magicien. Il me semble que l’occasion était belle pour offrir ce rôle à quelqu’un d’autre, plus près du monde de l’illusion. Bon, il ne me vient pas de noms; ce pourrait être n’importe qui, tant qu’il est capable de s’émerveiller devant tant de prouesses. Même un enfant, pourquoi pas! Les petits ont cette faculté naturelle à découvrir la magie. Je pourrais nommer bien d’autres grosses pointures qui ont toutes sauté sur l’occasion d’occuper une chaise de juge à la télé, et même des deux côtés de l’Atlantique, comme Jean-Marc Généreux et Garou, qui offrent leurs compétences partout où elles sont requises. Mais quand avez-vous vu Jean-Marc Généreux danser ou Garou chanter à la télévision? Je le répète, je n’ai rien contre ces artistes talentueux qui s’amusent à jouer au magistrat. Il me semble cependant que l’occasion est belle pour donner ces rôles à d’autres, peutêtre moins connus, mais certainement tout aussi compétents.

Bien que Mika ait déjà joué dans un pareil film en France, il était intéressant de le retrouver à Star Académie; disons que c’est l’exception qui confirme la règle. Même chose pour Anne Dorval et Yannick Nézet-Séguin, dans la même production. Sans vouloir dénigrer ou diminuer leur importance, voir Ariane Moffatt ou Lara Fabian qui passent d’une émission à une autre tout en gardant le même rôle, ce n’est pas sérieux. C’est comme un échange de gardiens de but; seules les couleurs de l’équipe changent. Pour le reste, la glace est pareille. C’est ma petite montée de lait cette semaine. Je comprends le principe d’inviter des artistes qui plaisent à un large public dans le but évident de donner de l’audimat à une production, mais que Pierre, Jean ou Jacques jugent Pierre, Jean ou Jacques n’empêchera pas le talent de se manifester. On dirait que juger à la télévision devient, pour certains artistes, une deuxième carrière, comme une nouvelle profession découverte sur le tard. Bon, ce n’est pas la fin du monde, mais c’est certainement la fin de la variété dans le choix des juges.

:uk:

Profession: TV judge

What do Lara Fabian, Marc Dupré, Ariane Moffatt, Garou, Pierre Lapointe and Mariana Mazza have in common? They all have the status of singer or artist, but most of the time they prefer to be on a judge's bench than on a stage practicing their first profession. So the idea came to me to write about new genre judges when I noticed that Mariana Mazza was a judge, not on one, but on at least two TV shows: The Next Stand-up, in Noovo , and The magic of the stars, at TVA. Is there such a shortage of judges on television in Quebec? Personally, I have nothing against Mariana, but it seems to me that continually acting as a judge on shows, however different they may be, does play a bit on the artist's credibility. Unless there's an infallibility worship of that person, which I doubt. To find, season after season, Marc Dupré in a judge's chair - in the late production La Voix - is one thing, but to see a comedian judge comedians and, the next day, judge artists playing magicians, it's a bit tearing. Judging singers requires knowledge of music; the same goes for comedians. That we find Mariana Mazza alongside Louis Morissette and PA Méthot, that's perfect! For me, the last straw is seeing her also judge magician acts. It seems to me that the opportunity was perfect to offer this role to someone else, closer to the world of illusion. Well, no names come to me; it could be anyone, as long as he is able to marvel at so much feats. Even a child, why not! Children have this natural ability to discover magic. I could name many other big names who have all jumped at the opportunity to occupy a judge's chair on TV, and even on both sides of the Atlantic, like Jean-Marc Généreux and Garou, who offer their skills wherever they are needed. But when did you see Jean-Marc Généreux dance or Garou sing on television? I repeat, I have nothing against these talented artists who have fun playing magistrate. However, it seems to me that the opportunity is great to give these roles to others, perhaps less known, but certainly just as competent.

Although Mika had already acted in such a film in France, it was interesting to find him at Star Académie; let's say this is the exception that proves the rule. The same goes for Anne Dorval and Yannick Nézet-Séguin, in the same production. Without wanting to denigrate or diminish their importance, to see Ariane Moffatt or Lara Fabian moving from one show to another while keeping the same role, it's not serious. It's like a goaltender swap; only the team's colors change. For the rest, the ice is the same. It's my little milk rush this week. I understand the principle of inviting artists who appeal to a large audience with the obvious aim of giving audience ratings to a production, but that Pierre, Jean or Jacques deems Pierre, Jean or Jacques will not prevent the talent from emerging. manifest. It seems that judging on television is becoming, for some artists, a second career, like a new profession discovered late in the day. Well, it's not the end of the world, but it's definitely the end of the variety in the selection of judges.

2021-02-27_Echos_Vedettes_p49.thumb.jpg.4aa4f8a44eaf806c90384b6f0b668e0d.jpg

• Thanks 2

Just wondering, has anyone watched the shows so far, was there anything interesting re. Mika? I remember he said in that one video interview that the performances of the contestants would tell his story - has there been anything of that yet, or will that only be when he joins in person?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Just wondering, has anyone watched the shows so far, was there anything interesting re. Mika? I remember he said in that one video interview that the performances of the contestants would tell his story - has there been anything of that yet, or will that only be when he joins in person?

I’ve watched everything so far and nothing about Mika, guess they will do it when he’s there...

I really like the daily shows because it outlines to work and preparation behind the big Sunday shows, which were OK but not great either

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Rythme FM

• 8 mars 2021 à 16h17

https://montreal.rythmefm.com/audio/377144/mika-en-route-vers-le-manoir-de-star-academie-on-parle-au-producteur-jean-philippe-dion

Mika en route vers le manoir de Star Académie. On parle au producteur Jean-Philippe Dion

Mika on his way to the Star Academy mansion. We talk to producer Jean-Philippe Dion

Could anyone please explain what Mr Dion says ?

• Like 4

Hollywood PO.com

8 mars 2021 • 09:38

Par ailleurs, ne manquez pas les épisodes de la quotidienne diffusés du lundi au jeudi, à 19h30, car cette semaine, on assistera au premier cours d'identité artistique avec Pepe Muñoz, et ce jeudi,

les académiciens et académiciennes discuteront via Skype avec Mika, le directeur artistique!

In addition, do not miss the episodes of the daily broadcast from Monday to Thursday, at 7:30 p.m., because this week, we will attend the first course in artistic identity with Pepe Muñoz,

and this Thursday, academics will chat via Skype with Mika , the artistic director!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Rythme FM

• 8 mars 2021 à 16h17

https://montreal.rythmefm.com/audio/377144/mika-en-route-vers-le-manoir-de-star-academie-on-parle-au-producteur-jean-philippe-dion

Mika en route vers le manoir de Star Académie. On parle au producteur Jean-Philippe Dion

Mika on his way to the Star Academy mansion. We talk to producer Jean-Philippe Dion

Could anyone please explain what Mr Dion says ?

Mika is on its way to Canada by car, they set up a house for him for the quarantine and will feed him during that time. They also talked about why he choose to work with them (je loves us 😂)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

le Droit.com

• Le mercredi 10 mars

Star Académie se donne des airs de printemps

À la toute fin de l’émission, l’animateur Patrice Michaud — qui trouve de plus en plus ses marques, mais qui semble avoir oublié de passer au maquillage — a annoncé l’arrivée de Pepe Muñoz au manoir de Waterloo. Le danseur et chorégraphe a terminé sa quarantaine et il se joindra à l’équipe professorale de l’Académie dès lundi.

On attend également l’entrée en scène de Mika qui lui, a amorcé sa quarantaine la semaine dernière.

Star Académie looks like spring

At the very end of the show, host Patrice Michaud - who is increasingly finding his feet, but who seems to have forgotten to switch to makeup - announced Pepe Muñoz's arrival at the Waterloo mansion. The dancer and choreographer is in his 40s and will join the Academy's faculty on Monday.

We are also awaiting the entry on the scene of Mika, who began his quarantine last week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Hollywood PO.com

8 mars 2021 • 09:38

Par ailleurs, ne manquez pas les épisodes de la quotidienne diffusés du lundi au jeudi, à 19h30, car cette semaine, on assistera au premier cours d'identité artistique avec Pepe Muñoz,

et ce jeudi, les académiciens et académiciennes discuteront via Skype avec Mika, le directeur artistique!

In addition, do not miss the episodes of the daily broadcast from Monday to Thursday, at 7:30 p.m., because this week, we will attend the first course in artistic identity with Pepe Muñoz,

and this Thursday, academics will chat via Skype with Mika , the artistic director!

Échos Vedettes - 6 Mars 2021

page 40

Thursday 11 March, at 19:30

Echos_Vedettes_p.jpg.f510c171e0e4cac68de7dcafedddaf77.jpg

2021-03-06_Echos_Vedettes_p._41.thumb.jpg.4cac8e94820f5cf525bea251c80a2c4f.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cathouzouf said:

Mika is on its way to Canada by car, they set up a house for him for the quarantine and will feed him during that time. They also talked about why he choose to work with them (je loves us 😂)

Thank you! I tried to listen, but it's impossible for me with that accent to understand more than a few words. 🙈 At least I'll understand most of what Mika says when he speaks French, but this Canadian accent makes me feel like I'm listening to a new language. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Tomorrow at 7:30 (canadian time) - Friday 1:30 am in Europe Mika on Skype with academics.

I hope we will be able to rewatch it on FB.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, mellody said:

Thank you! I tried to listen, but it's impossible for me with that accent to understand more than a few words. 🙈 At least I'll understand most of what Mika says when he speaks French, but this Canadian accent makes me feel like I'm listening to a new language. 😅

But IT IS a new language :naughty:

It's even difficult for French people to understand , not only because of the accent but some words are just .....Quebec 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, carafon said:

It's even difficult for French people to understand , not only because of the accent but some words are just .....Quebec 

Good to know, I thought it was just because of my limited French knowledge. :teehee: I could imagine it might be like some German dialects that are also hard to understand for me. For example, in one German dialect they use the word "no" for "yes". :lmfao: Well, it's pronounced like a mix between "no" and "na", but when usually in German "Ja" means yes and "Nein" means no, it takes a while to understand they actually mean yes with that. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, carafon said:

I've to say, up to now, the accent isn't that strong at the Star Académie and they've been pretty restrained with funny words (:sorry: dear Quebecer) so far, when I think of some of the participants from Quebec on The Voice France. :teehee:

Apart from the expression "post mortem". Now I'm slowly getting used to it, but until now "post mortem" for me always meant after someone's death. But with Star Académie, they use it as the name for the show (or something like that, I haven't watched it) after the main show. And I every time: What? Who died? After whose death do you do what? Or am I wrong and is this word also used like that in France? In any case, I haven't noticed it until now. :dunno_grin:

27 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Apart from the expression "post mortem". Now I'm slowly getting used to it, but until now "post mortem" for me always meant after someone's death. But with Star Académie, they use it as the name for the show (or something like that, I haven't watched it) after the main show. And I every time: What? Who died? After whose death do you do what? Or am I wrong and is this word also used like that in France? In any case, I haven't noticed it until now. :dunno_grin:

You're right , this word isn't used for anything else but first meaning in France.

Also , we never say "LE variété" .It's "LA variété" or "LES variétés" . If they are refering to a place called "variété"  , that would give some sense ......otherwise it's just very strange 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Tomorrow at 7:30 (canadian time) - Friday 1:30 am in Europe Mika on Skype with academics.

I hope we will be able to rewatch it on FB.

Don't worry.

The REPLAY video will be on their site. :thumb_yello:

La quotidienne

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/tout-voir/episodes-9000018408

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Don't worry.

The REPLAY video will be on their site. :thumb_yello:

La quotidienne

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/tout-voir/episodes-9000018408

Yes, Eriko. But not everybody can watch it.

Once I managed to watch on FB one very interesting meeting of the candidates with a canadian stand-up comedian.

But the next day it wasn't available anymore! And it was really interesting. I wanted some French fans to watch it too.

Well, now I have a VPN (for one year) so I will  watch anything in any country :bleh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But not everybody can watch it.

Anyone can DOWNLOAD / WATCH the TVA REPLAY videos at this site.

Copy + paste the VIDEO url to https://youtube4kdownloader.com/

as an example...

La quotidienne - Épisode 14

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/tva/star-academie-2021-la-quotidienne/saison-1/episode-14-1039110198

Enter video link

https://youtube4kdownloader.com/

4KDL-1.thumb.jpg.335b3e7fb2794d630920e553d79799d3.jpg

Anyone can choose the video quality from their results.

4KDL-2.thumb.jpg.ee1172429211a5b74a1139870c8dba30.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Anyone can DOWNLOAD / WATCH the TVA REPLAY videos at this site.

Copy + paste the VIDEO url to https://youtube4kdownloader.com/

as an example...

La quotidienne - Épisode 14

https://www.qub.ca/tvaplus/tva/star-academie-2021-la-quotidienne/saison-1/episode-14-1039110198

Enter video link

https://youtube4kdownloader.com/

4KDL-1.thumb.jpg.335b3e7fb2794d630920e553d79799d3.jpg

Anyone can choose the video quality from their results.

4KDL-2.thumb.jpg.ee1172429211a5b74a1139870c8dba30.jpg

You can also watch it from this account

https://vk.com/frmusic

they add the voice france episodes and many other french programs 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1