About me and my first experience with MIKA:)

I´m Marit from Norway. Hi! My age? Close to MIKAs age;)

I love music (MIKA is my favorite), singing, traveling, teather, musicals, i love creating and designing.

I have worked in the media business for many years. I was an editor at Norways biggest site for kids a couple of years ago at Scandinavia Online (SOL) https://sol.no/. They got new owners and they decided not to produce their own content anymore. Just link to others. It sadly now has just become an aggregator for news. No own creativity! It was a dream job and i did it all myself. I designed the web design myself, draw and designed apps and games for the site. Photographed, wrote articles, made videos and fun! What a joy! So sad it ended! We did great! Next after the front page we were the most visited site. It kind of becomes your identity after 18 years of working with it! It started as a dream come true really! I was headhunted by a guy that worked at SOL. He found my page at the internet where i was telling about myself and what i did. I was actually working on a kids book writing and illustrating it. We (me and my programmer) also had made a game with my drawings in it. So fun!

After losing my job at SOL i created www.tweens.no (not active now) It was a lot of fun! I was working together with Disney and trough them we got to meet and interview many celebrities. I wrote a lot of articles for Disney and produced advertising videos and stuff for their products on Tweens. We helped find dancers for Justin Bieber when he was in Norway, etc. Great fun! Take a look: http://www.tweens.no/vis.php?id=2623

Right now i design apps and run my own business. Working on something globally. It´s a secret yet;)

About MIKA:

My first experience with MIKA was trough my ears:D I was at a list top VG-consert here in Norway and i heard «Grace Kelly» for the first time! BOOM! I fell in love with the song! What an amazing  and cool voice and such a catchy song! WOW! To bad MIKA wasn´t there in person! I had to find him on You Tube when i got home and BOOM there was MIKA! That was the first time i actually saw him. WOW again! Just perfect! Don´t know how many times the video and the song was on repit. It was many, and still is! Now i´m obsessed with the songs and videos i mentioned here earlier.

I love MIKA´s energy, cool way to sing the songs, his curly hair, the playfulness, the uniqe style, his eyes towards the camera and his moves, OMG! He is just perfect!

The first time i saw MIKA and the first song i heard was:

Edited by Marit R. Nielsen
  • Like 12
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I´m Marit from Norway. Hi! My age? Close to MIKAs age;)   I love music (MIKA is my favorite), singing, traveling, teather, musicals, i love creating and designing.   I have worked

Thanks @Mikasister   Yes GK is amazing! I bet it was a hit worldwide! It was in Norway for sure! Yes, i have many favorite songs!   Some of my favorite MIKA songs:   Rain Make

To the best of my knowledge, Mika did concerts twice in Oslo.   Here you are   2007   2010   This video is one of our favorites.    

Posted Images

Hi Marit and welcome to the MFC. Thank you for your long introduction. I´m Sabine from Germany. Grace Kelly was also my starting point and I really was addicted to that guy really fast. I hope you will have a lot of fun here

• Like 1

Welcome Marit! I'm Karin from Germany and Grace Kelly was also my starting point how I got interested in Mika. Then I went to a concert and, long story short, I've been addicted to his gigs & music for 13 years now. :lol:

Enjoy your time here, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

• Like 1

Hi, Marit :bye: Welcome to MFC :welcomeani: And guess what? I got hooked after seeing Grace Kelly on my TV :teehee: 

Enjoy the place, see you around :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

Hello Marit! Welcome to the MFC, I'm Sara :bye: 

Thanks for you introduction, it's always really nice to find out how other fans discovered Mika! 

Here's all the info you'll need to start exploring the MFC - but please, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything: 

Have fun! :D

• Like 2

Hi ans :welcomeani:to MFC Merit :huglove:

Grace Kelly video was my first contact with Mika too and got me hooked at once :mikalove:and as years go by I love more and more his songs and the sweet human being he is :wub2:

Glad you joined MFC and feel free to ask if you have any  questions :wink2:

Enjoy yourself sharing Mika love here :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

To the best of my knowledge, Mika did concerts twice in Oslo.

Here you are

This video is one of our favorites. :mikasweat:

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, Mikasister said:

Welcome again @Marit R. Nielsen. Love your introduction :wub2:  GK is a fantastic song. Do you have another favorite songs from the other albums and what about the last one" My Name Is Michael Holbrook? 

Thanks @Mikasister  wub2.gif Yes GK is amazing! I bet it was a hit worldwide! It was in Norway for sure! Yes, i have many favorite songs!

Some of my favorite MIKA songs:

Rain

Make You Happy

Love Today

Hurts

Celebrate

Grace Kelly

Relax, Take It Easy

Last Party

Staring At The Sun

We Are Golden

Popular Song

Big Girl You Are Beautiful

Happy Ending

Underwater

Stuck In The Middle

Emily

Everybodys Talking´ - Napster Live Session

Promiseland

Live Your Life

Blame It On The Girls

We Are Golden

Good Guys

The last one "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" is amazing! So glad it came out! Thanks MIKA! I have many favorites there:

Sanremo (Perfect song and so romantic and longing), Tomorrow (Amazing, cool and catchy song! I´m obsessed with the video: MIKAs moves, eyes and hair...), I Went to Hell Last Night, Ice Cream (Cool and fun video), Dear Jealousy.

Love the cover by the way! Who designed it? Perfect!

image.thumb.png.4a437e242ba8c5ef34a1303d7c97efdc.png

wub2.gif 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2020 at 10:16 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Hi @Marit R. Nielsen :welcomeani: I'm C.J from UK and I certainly remember listening to Grace Kelly on repeat too 😁

I'm sure you'll discover more things about Mika here! 😊

Hi @TinyLove_CJ ! Yes i already have! Great page! wub2.gif 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Marit R. Nielsen said:

Thanks @Mikasister :wub2:  Yes GK is amazing! I bet it was a hit worldwide! It was in Norway for sure! Yes, i have many favorite songs!

Some of my favorite MIKA songs:

Rain

Make You Happy

Love Today

Hurts

Celebrate

Grace Kelly

Relax, Take It Easy

Last Party

Staring At The Sun

We Are Golden

Popular Song

Big Girl You Are Beautiful

Happy Ending

Underwater

Stuck In The Middle

Emily

Everybodys Talking´ - Napster Live Session

The last one "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" is amazing! So glad it came out! Thanks MIKA! :wub2: I have many favorites there:

Sanremo (Perfect song and so romantic and longing), Tomorrow (Amazing, cool and catchy song! I´m obsessed with the video: MIKAs moves, eyes and hair...), I Went to Hell Last Night, Ice Cream (Cool and fun video), Dear Jealousy.

Love the cover by the way! Who designed it? Perfect!

image.thumb.png.4a437e242ba8c5ef34a1303d7c97efdc.png

:wub2:

20201006_125235-1.jpg

• Like 2

Hi @Marit R. Nielsen! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

My favorite is Relax, because it’s the first song of Mika that I heard in 2007, but I love all his songs for different reasons. :mikalove:

Have fun here and see you around... :mikadas:

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2020 at 5:55 PM, Gabry74 said:

Hi @Marit R. Nielsen! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

My favorite is Relax, because it’s the first song of Mika that I heard in 2007, but I love all his songs for different reasons. :mikalove:

Have fun here and see you around... :mikadas:

Thanks for welcoming me @Gabry74 wub2.gif  Relax is a really great song! Love it! Yes, see you around:)

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
On 10/8/2020 at 4:54 PM, dcdeb said:

Nice to meet you Marit!  :welcomeani:

Happy that you found your way here to MFC!

Thanks for welcoming me @dcdeb wub2.gif   Guess it will be great fun to be a part of this MFC-community!

Great performance on "Ice Cream" on your You Tube channel ;). I´m searching for videos of MIKA and this was a good one:

Was working on my header for my profile here in MIKAs fanclub:) I love designing so i made this for fun:

image.thumb.png.2baa6396e41042b04118a6037de48294.png

• Like 1
On 10/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, Littlelady said:

Hi, welcome and enjoy MFC:wink2:

Thanks @Littlelady wub2.gif 

A "little" surprise on Instagram! Did you see it? MIKA and his friend Max dropped by:) And @dcdeb was so sweet and fun as a potato! default_floor.gif And how adorable MIKA seems to be in real life - and so cool and fun! So different to see him like this! Just gotta love him! wub2.gif My kind of guy! He actually reminds me of a guy i used to know...

image.thumb.png.747a3a837a41fe30588f4063c1bbbf5a.png

"Clipmika" made a drawing of MIKAs compliment :mikadas:to all of us in the MFC-crew   :biggrin2::

IMG_2852.thumb.jpeg.b521a848fb2853af8eef5da7839c8e4d.jpeg

image.png

image.png

Watch the whole clip uncut here: