Mika, the masked singer

kreacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw some people discussing on Twitter whether Mika might be the parrot in the Italian version of the masked singer. I suppose it's more likely than in the UK version, but still somehow I don't think it's true.

• Like 4

I didn't even know there was an Italian version of The Masked Singer! The UK one is on at the moment and one of the panel members, Jonathan Ross, at one point thought the viking could be Mika! I was absolutely furious because the viking costume is rather ugly, so I can't imagine Mika wanting to wear it! Also Jonathan got Mika's album name wrong and said it was called "Mika in Wonderland" :doh:

This is the viking by the way:_20210125_163813.thumb.JPG.ca88d569ae79be701c0ed5fe99fbed9d.JPG

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I didn't even know there was an Italian version of The Masked Singer! The UK one is on at the moment and one of the panel members, Jonathan Ross, at one point thought the viking could be Mika! I was absolutely furious because the viking costume is rather ugly, so I can't imagine Mika wanting to wear it! Also Jonathan got Mika's album name wrong and said it was called "Mika in Wonderland" :doh:

This is the viking by the way:_20210125_163813.thumb.JPG.ca88d569ae79be701c0ed5fe99fbed9d.JPG

There's also a spanish version of the show. :wink2: and...  :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

You're right, I can't really imagine Mika would want to wear that one... :aah:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

There's also a spanish version of the show. :wink2: and...  :facepalm:

Oh my word! I don't know what's more horrifying, the monster's rendition of 'Relax' or the creepy pig costume (the one that was watching in another room). 😬

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Oh my word! I don't know what's more horrifying, the monster's rendition of 'Relax' or the creepy pig costume (the one that was watching in another room). 😬

At least, it's obviously that this isn't Mika. :floor:

• Haha 4

On 1/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, mellody said:

I saw some people discussing on Twitter whether Mika might be the parrot in the Italian version of the masked singer. I suppose it's more likely than in the UK version, but still somehow I don't think it's true.

This is what they say about the parrot: https://www.tvblog.it/post/pappagallo-cantante-mascherato

" Among the masks this year is that of the Parrot.  What do we know about this mask? Milly Carlucci said that “it is very, extremely elegant. He is a dandy of the 1800s, but he is also an intelligent animal: the parrot speaks. Not only does he repeat, but he also manages to say the right thing at the right time. He has a profound acumen: it is not just beauty and feathers, there is depth “. It is assumed that he may be a man of advanced age.

He introduced himself with these words in the preview of the program : “ I don't like masks: in my life I have never worn one. My life is very colorful, I hate grays, I love clarity and the freedom to take flight. For me, freedom is everything: they tried to lock me in a cage, but they never succeeded. I need passion, dreams, projects and to believe that tomorrow will be better than today. This is the fuel of my life ”.

If the thing about masks is true, it can't be Mika, but who knows :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, krysady said:

It is assumed that he may be a man of advanced age.

I wouldn't say Mika is "of advanced age". :teehee: So that speaks against it being him.

About the mask thing, if you take it literally, that's true, it can't be him. But in a figurative meaning, being yourself and not pretending, it could be. :wink2:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

I wouldn't say Mika is "of advanced age". :teehee: So that speaks against it being him.

About the mask thing, if you take it literally, that's true, it can't be him. But in a figurative meaning, being yourself and not pretending, it could be. :wink2:

I didn't pay attention to the guess about his age because it's just a supposition, not sure if it's reliable, unlike the mask thing being his own words... but if you think of the figurative meaning, you're right, it could be suitable for him :original:

Edit: Just watched the video with their presentation and that parrot it's too short to be Mika 

Edited by krysady
  • Like 5