Mika duet with Pierre Lapointe: Six heures d'avion nous séparent

mellody

New song from Pierre Lapointe's album released today, a duet with Mika, written by Pierre Lapointe: "Six heures d'avion nous séparent"

Article on Audiogram:

https://www.audiogram.com/actualites/pierre-lapointe-six-heures-d-avion-nous-separent/

Google translate:

PIERRE LAPOINTE and MIKA present "Six hours by plane separate us"

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

PIERRE LAPOINTE and MIKA present "Six hours by plane separate us"

It is with pride that Pierre Lapointe has chosen to announce the release of his new album by offering us, as a first single, a duet with the international star Mika . This new album is called *** Chansons hivernales *** and it will be released on November 20th.

As in a small play, ** Pierre Lapointe ** and Mika play the roles of two lovers who end their story. Six hours by plane separate us exposes the painful exchanges between two broken hearts, separated by distance, one living in Paris, the other in Montreal. The song was born from the happy collaboration between Pierre Lapointe and his two Parisian friends: Alma Forrer and Benjamin Porraz . It fits perfectly into the themes that Pierre addresses in this new opus where snow, love and winter are in the spotlight.

Listening to this first extract which features these two great names in song, we can already announce that with the album Chansons hivernales , Pierre Lapointe will once again surprise and move us like no other.

The retro visual that accompanies the song Six hours by plane separate us was produced by renowned Montreal illustrator, Alain Massicotte .

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Just had to look up Pierre Lapointe. Apparently he’s a Canadian singer songwriter. Good strategy, as Mika will be joining Star Académie at the end of this year. 

Yes, I also think this might be connected.

I like the song, it has a nice groove, a tango, makes me want to start dancing (I used to do ballroom dancing as a hobby). 💃🏼 And again the lower registers of Mika's voice, that's beautiful. :wub2: Also I absolutely love that painting, it's a very simple 'video' with that picture and the falling snowflakes, but it's beautiful and calming to look at.

Won't be my fave Mika collaboration, but I definitely like it more than Youth & Love with Jack Savoretti.

• Like 3

It sounds to me like a song from an old French movie (nothing in particular)... :teehee: I think the animation with the snowflakes on Spotify is my favourite thing about it, even the painting looks a bit like a movie poster. Now I just want to see the movie starring Mika in that white shirt. :lmfao: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mellody said:

I like the song, it has a nice groove, a tango, makes me want to start dancing (I used to do ballroom dancing as a hobby). 💃🏼 

That’s why I was warped back into time! It’s one of those songs that will be played on dance evenings leading up to Christmas. It will also earn a permanent place on the dance teacher’s playlist, because of the easily recognizable beat, which is great for teaching tango. 

If Corona wasn’t a thing, I’m sure it would be a hit in the Canadian dance schools. But I’m afraid ballroom dancing isn’t such a big thing anymore, or is it? 

The song has an “in between” feel for me. Something to play in the background. It’s not happy, but it’s not super sad (melody wise) either. Beat wise I guess it’s a tango, but it doesn’t feel like one. 
Seeing it’s about a love story that has ended and that they’re torn apart with broken hearts, it actually fits. Dancing a tango by yourself. Doesn’t it take two to....?

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Won't be my fave Mika collaboration, but I definitely like it more than Youth & Love with Jack Savoretti.

We all are so different :) I love Youth & Love very much!

I like this new song too, but not that much :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Not bad but for me  It' s not a song to lose your head. And I prefer Mika in english😄

Same for me

When Mika has almost a perfect accent while speaking French , it's totaly different when he's singing , especialy romantic or kind of songs. (For "Elle me dit" or "Boum,boum,boum" for exemple the accent isn't so lound)

Sometimes it's even hard to understand the lyrics ....

• Like 1

I like the song! :thumb_yello: I especially like Mika singing in French although I prefer his songs in English. :wink2:

I have been busy the last days due to my job so I wasn't really prepared to get a new song today. :aah: So I need a few more listenings for sure.

24 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I have been busy the last days due to my job so I wasn't really prepared to get a new song today. :aah: So I need a few more listenings for sure.

I guess none of us was prepared for a new song... :lol3: 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Marit R. Nielsen said:

I love Paris and the french language, so I really liked this song! :wub2: Written by Pierre Lapointe so not a typical MIKA - song. About two lovers who end their story:

IN FRENCH: :france:

PIERRE
J’ai souvenir de ton coeur de glace
De mes analyses magistrales
Le temps s’est figé, plus de menace
J’espère que toi aussi, t’as mal
Ce soir il neige, il neige sur Montréal

MIKA
La blancheur tombée de l’espace
Sur le vacarme de ma vie
Disparaîtra sans une trace
Notre amour s’est évanoui
Ce soir, il neige, il neige sur Paris

MIKA & PIERRE
Six heures d’avion nous séparent
Pourtant t’es encore bien trop près
Depuis des mois l’hiver se prépare
Maintenant il est là pour de vrai

PIERRE
On a tous deux perdu la face
Dans une confusion générale
De notre amour pourrit la carcasse
Loin de la chaleur tropicale
Ce soir il neige, il neige sur Montréal

MIKA
L’amour est parfois dégueulasse
Mais à quoi bon rester aigri
La haine et les larmes se passent
Un jour, oui, nous serons guéris mais
Ce soir il neige, il neige sur Paris

MIKA & PIERRE

Quand l’été sera de retour
On pourra peut-être parler
Pour l’instant c’est beaucoup trop lourd
On s’est déjà trop fait pleurer

TRANSLATED IN ENGLISH: :uk:

PIERRE

I remember your heart of ice

From my masterful analyzes

Time has stood still, no more threat

I hope you are hurting too

Tonight it's snowing, it's snowing on Montreal

MIKA

The whiteness fallen from space

On the din of my life

Will disappear without a trace

Our love is gone

Tonight, it's snowing, it's snowing in Paris

MIKA & PIERRE

Six hours by plane separate us

Yet you're still way too close

Winter has been brewing for months

Now he's here for real

PIERRE

We both lost face

In general confusion

Of our love rots the carcass

Far from the tropical heat

Tonight it's snowing, it's snowing on Montreal

MIKA

Love is sometimes disgusting

But what's the use of staying bitter

Hate and tears pass

One day, yes, we will be healed but

Tonight it's snowing, it's snowing on Paris

MIKA & PIERRE

Now he's here for real

When summer is back

Maybe we can talk

At the moment it's way too heavy

We've already made ourselves cry too much

Now he's here for real

it’s such a typical Pierre Lapointe’s song.

I love the guy (he shares a lot with Mika, especially on clothing... they are about the same shape, they could probably swap clothings) but his work is far from being mainstream and sometimes, it’s too much for me! I like it in small dosage only 🤫

Thanks for the lyrics and translation,  @Marit R. Nielsen. I've read that some French fans hate the song, and with those lyrics I understand it a little, they don't sound exactly poetic from what I read here. :teehee: Anyway they're not written by Mika, I don't understand them when they sing, and the song sounds good, so who cares. :dunno_grin:

At first I was very amazed by this duet. I still am :lmfao:

As in most Mika's duets I would love him to sing the whole song.

The tune takes me back to my early childhood. It seems to be from the 70s.

It's the first gay break up song I ever heard.

Because of the tune Mika's voice reminds me of Claude François I loved as a kid

I can't take the lyrics seriously, to me they are kind of ironical aka six hours by plane is still too close...I like the song because Mika sings part of it. I'm not keen

on Pierre Lapointe on his own :lmfao:

I want to buy that song but google play music ap is being replaced by youtube music ap which is a pain because I haven't figured out how to buy mp3s there yet and the new ap is awful unless you get the paying version...even playing my own music is comolicated :hair:

• Like 1