Discussion - Why the fandom could be more child-friendly

chanleon

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Why thank you! I like to think that my 27 years on this planet means I've learned a thing or two about being 'down with the kids'*......:lmfao: 

*I'll see myself out 😅

Ok boomer :naughty:

• Haha 1

@chanleon I TOLD YOU, i told you they were gonna use me as canon fodder 😭😭

Of all the people that commented on the thread they decided that im the antichrist 😂😂

If it was unclear to anyone i do not hate old people, i do not even hate the weird ones, i just dislike their behaviour 🤧

Screenshot_20201119-200337_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jaela said:

And this too! I really do feel a responsibility for this now that i'm getting a little older, to guide the younger fans away from the creepy people, to teach them what is or isn't okay, etc. 

I think in general younger people keep eachother in check a little more. Like, friends of mine have been asked before to move a certain sexually tinted conversation to the dms, and i too try to *subtly* point out when i think a friend is saying a little too much (but very subtly cause i have no issue calling out strangers, but with friends it feels a little harder somehow, i dont want to hurt their feelings 😅). 

I think older people do this less, probably? They might think it's better to ignore or that it would be impolite or nosy to comment on someone's behaviour, but i think it can be a good thing too. And obviously it's a little harder for a young person to comment on the behaviour of an older person bc of the age gap and the power imbalance, so there could be a role for older people there i think 😌 

Of course you're right.

But what I meant was that teenagers already have their parents and teachers to tell them what they should do, so they'll probably get bored if another "oldie" comes and gives them advice on SM (I once was a teenager myself........ even if it was a long time ago  :naughty: )

Also people mainly have mutuals around their own age....  it's not that the mix of generations is incompatible, it's just usually a matter of interests .

So imo young adults have more chances to reach the kids attention than older ones

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, carafon said:

Of course you're right.

But what I meant was that teenagers already have their parents and teachers to tell them what they should do, so they'll probably get bored if another "oldie" comes and gives them advice on SM (I once was a teenager myself........ even if it was a long time ago  :naughty: )

Also people mainly have mutuals around their own age....  it's not that the mix of generations is incompatible, it's just usually a matter of interests .

So imo young adults have more chances to reach the kids attention than older ones

True!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 8:12 PM, Jaela said:

@chanleon I TOLD YOU, i told you they were gonna use me as canon fodder 😭😭

Of all the people that commented on the thread they decided that im the antichrist 😂😂

If it was unclear to anyone i do not hate old people, i do not even hate the weird ones, i just dislike their behaviour 🤧

Screenshot_20201119-200337_Instagram.jpg

Y'all I can't believe I gotta say grow up but really there's so much hate here for what was supposed to be a coherent, diplomatic discussion (and it was!)

If y'all got enough enthusiasm to create a fake account to talk s**t at least have a chat with me, I started this :) 

Psa no one ever said anything about old people being disgusting? fam we all got grandparents it's not like different generations are aliens 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chanleon said:

Y'all I can't believe I gotta say grow up but really there's so much hate here for what was supposed to be a coherent, diplomatic discussion (and it was!)

If y'all got enough enthusiasm to create a fake account to talk s**t at least have a chat with me, I started this :) 

Psa no one ever said anything about old people being disgusting? fam we all got grandparents it's not like different generations are aliens 

I dont think she is on the forum as a member. Unless as a guest, but i've seen no stalkers in my recent visitors 🙈. She did claim she was defending her friends, those being older people i suppose 😅. But oh well, just a kid being bored i guess, she shut up after i started asking her more questions about who she was, if she is a fan, etc. so yeah 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Susan Smith said:

Here it is: 

844DB3E8-9643-4892-9C93-404F4DAA911D.jpeg

Thiiis 👏👏. Tbh if he was a woman and his fans were all older men we wouldn't even be having this discussion because everybody would know it's creepy and would disapprove of it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got reminded of this thread when I saw a certain post on Twitter today. :no: I won't quote it here, but for those who haven't seen it, it's a repost of Mika singing Killer Queen on Taratata in 2007, with the guy who posted making a really filthy comment about the way the presenter looked at Mika. Usually that would just have been another post that wouldn't have gotten a 2nd look from me, but it got so many likes that it got Mika trending in France. :doh: And that is the thing that bothers me most about it, not some random guy's dirty fantasies, but that such a post gets attention by so many people who usually care a sh*t about videos of Mika singing! :sneaky2: It's like Mika says himself, if he got himself in the tabloids he'd be more successful, but he chooses to avoid that. And this Tweet and the reactions to it just show how right he is with that. I love him for staying true to himself and not lowering himself to the tabloid level, just to be more successful. :wub2:

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hello I just came back here to share an opinion which I’m pretty sure will unite us all. This is in regards to Max’s latest Instagram story where he answered a childish question I honestly don’t think he should have nor had the right to answer. It’s these kind of invasive, prying and lowkey sexualising questions (asked to MAX of all people) that come as a result of tolerating lesser stuff. I have no idea about the age of the person who asked the question by the way but I’m guessing either 13 or 50. So yeah 😬😬 The fact that question was ANSWERED is abhorrent, but the fact it was asked is a problem too and a problem we need to deal with at this end. Okay thank you😅

• Like 10

I don’t understand why someone would ask a creepy question about a famously private couple, to their friend who’s doing a Q&A about HIMSELF not about others. At the very minimum it’s rude to Max for not asking questions that directly relate to him and instead using him by asking questions to fuel your obsession with some random couple who’s private life is none of your business. People on twitter have expressed their disgust much better and more passionately than I have but I’m glad to see it’s mostly unanimous 

• Like 9

On 2/23/2021 at 9:26 PM, Susan Smith said:

At the very minimum it’s rude to Max for not asking questions that directly relate to him

About that, it wasn't the first time he got asked questions about Mika and Andy (and answered them), but so far it was about working with them and stuff like that, and nothing personal, especially nothing about them as a couple - and they definitely crossed a line there, totally agree. I don't know how many people usually send such questions, there are some creepy fans out there... but the fact that Max didn't just ignore it - well, I've seen several comments on Twitter that suggest it might have to do with his "manager", whom you see in his stories and who is actually a Mika fan. :rolleyes: And I tend to agree with that...

Anyway I suppose all of us on here will agree that whoever asked that question, as well as Max and his "team" who decided to use it in his stories were acting very disrespectfully.

It makes me think of the last MFC Insta live that Mika joined, where he said Max should be kept at a good elbow distance, that he's no one who thinks he's someone, and things like that - I was wondering about these things at the time, I used to think Max was quite a nice guy - but Mika knows him better, obviously, and maybe the things he said wasn't just joking, as I thought it might be.

• Like 12

On 2/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, Susan Smith said:

Hello I just came back here to share an opinion which I’m pretty sure will unite us all. This is in regards to Max’s latest Instagram story where he answered a childish question I honestly don’t think he should have nor had the right to answer. It’s these kind of invasive, prying and lowkey sexualising questions (asked to MAX of all people) that come as a result of tolerating lesser stuff. I have no idea about the age of the person who asked the question by the way but I’m guessing either 13 or 50. So yeah 😬😬 The fact that question was ANSWERED is abhorrent, but the fact it was asked is a problem too and a problem we need to deal with at this end. Okay thank you😅

On 2/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, Susan Smith said:

I don’t understand why someone would ask a creepy question about a famously private couple, to their friend who’s doing a Q&A about HIMSELF not about others. At the very minimum it’s rude to Max for not asking questions that directly relate to him and instead using him by asking questions to fuel your obsession with some random couple who’s private life is none of your business. People on twitter have expressed their disgust much better and more passionately than I have but I’m glad to see it’s mostly unanimous 

I'm not sure this exactly the right topic to discuss this subject, but I can't think of a better one, so we'll keep it here for now anyway.

I totally agree that it's disrepectful to Max to repeatedly ask him about Mika and Andy, when he's really there to promote himself and his work. But by having answered such questions in the past, he's sort of opened the door to getting them in the future. I thought the question about Mika and Andy kissing was out of line, just as the question about missing Andy was a few minutes earlier, but he could have/probably should have chosen to ignore them. In my opinion. :dunno:

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

About that, it wasn't the first time he got asked questions about Mika and Andy (and answered them), but so far it was about working with them and stuff like that, and nothing personal, especially nothing about them as a couple - and they definitely crossed a line there, totally agree. I don't know how many people usually send such questions, there are some creepy fans out there... but the fact that Max didn't just ignore it - well, I've seen several comments on Twitter that suggest it might have to do with his "manager", whom you see in his stories and who is actually a Mika fan. :rolleyes: And I tend to agree with that...

Anyway I suppose all of us on here will agree that whoever asked that question, as well as Max and his "team" who decided to use it in his stories were acting very disrespectfully.

I get lots of similar questions on Instagram all the time, but I don't dignify them with an answer -- there's a difference between Mika's public and private lives. Yes, I understand that fans are curious, but we don't need to know every single thing or discuss every single thing that goes in Mika's private life. In my opinion.

• Like 11

On 2/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, mellody said:

the fact that Max didn't just ignore it - well, I've seen several comments on Twitter that suggest it might have to do with his "manager", whom you see in his stories and who is actually a Mika fan. :rolleyes: And I tend to agree with that...

It makes me think of the last MFC Insta live that Mika joined, where he said Max should be kept at a good elbow distance, that he's no one who thinks he's someone, and things like that - I was wondering about these things at the time, I used to think Max was quite a nice guy - but Mika knows him better, obviously, and maybe the things he said wasn't just joking, as I thought it might be.

As I am in the bus......and obviously not in our tour bus unfortunately.... 🙄 ,  I'm leaving my 2 cents of early morning's thoughts here tho

As the 3 know each other better than any of us, maybe Max thought that he knows how far he can go on this subject .

If his next song is called   "j'ai mal aux oreilles"   we'll know that he was wrong :naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Haha 1

First I thought that I was no one to give my opinion about that. But to be honnest it bother me and I'm frequently on Twitter. I see a lot of users and fans saying that they are uncomfortable. 

Asking that kind of question is the problem yes but some people are weird as we know. Answering to those question is worse cause it's an open door !

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dcdeb said:

But by having answered such questions in the past, he's sort of opened the door to getting them in the future. I thought the question about Mika and Andy kissing was out of line, just as the question about missing Andy was a few minutes earlier, but he could have/probably should have chosen to ignore them. In my opinion. :dunno:

I think the same. Probably he is taking advantage of his position in Mika's band to promote himself easily, after all 90% of his fans are actually Mika fans. They wouldn't be interested in Max if it wasn't Mika.

17 hours ago, mellody said:

:yeah:

• Like 5