Jump to content

Discussion - Why the fandom could be more child-friendly


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Why thank you! I like to think that my 27 years on this planet means I've learned a thing or two about being 'down with the kids'*......:lmfao: 

 

*I'll see myself out 😅

Ok boomer :naughty:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, so many thoughtful, well-considered posts here. It's very interesting to read such a variety of viewpoints.   I was going to quote a lot of things, but there were so many comments that

This is certainly an interesting discussion and one I think should be discussed openly and honestly, here at MFC I like to think that it's safe to do so.   This is my take on the subject, so

@chanleon I totally understand your reason for opening this thread and I must admit that even if I'm not a child-teen-young person, I often find myself extremely embarrassed by some remarks and reacti

Posted Images

@chanleon I TOLD YOU, i told you they were gonna use me as canon fodder 😭😭

Of all the people that commented on the thread they decided that im the antichrist 😂😂

If it was unclear to anyone i do not hate old people, i do not even hate the weird ones, i just dislike their behaviour 🤧

Screenshot_20201119-200337_Instagram.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaela said:

 

And this too! I really do feel a responsibility for this now that i'm getting a little older, to guide the younger fans away from the creepy people, to teach them what is or isn't okay, etc. 

I think in general younger people keep eachother in check a little more. Like, friends of mine have been asked before to move a certain sexually tinted conversation to the dms, and i too try to *subtly* point out when i think a friend is saying a little too much (but very subtly cause i have no issue calling out strangers, but with friends it feels a little harder somehow, i dont want to hurt their feelings 😅). 

I think older people do this less, probably? They might think it's better to ignore or that it would be impolite or nosy to comment on someone's behaviour, but i think it can be a good thing too. And obviously it's a little harder for a young person to comment on the behaviour of an older person bc of the age gap and the power imbalance, so there could be a role for older people there i think 😌 

 

 

Of course you're right.

But what I meant was that teenagers already have their parents and teachers to tell them what they should do, so they'll probably get bored if another "oldie" comes and gives them advice on SM (I once was a teenager myself........ even if it was a long time ago  :naughty: )

Also people mainly have mutuals around their own age....  it's not that the mix of generations is incompatible, it's just usually a matter of interests .

So imo young adults have more chances to reach the kids attention than older ones

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carafon said:

 

Of course you're right.

But what I meant was that teenagers already have their parents and teachers to tell them what they should do, so they'll probably get bored if another "oldie" comes and gives them advice on SM (I once was a teenager myself........ even if it was a long time ago  :naughty: )

Also people mainly have mutuals around their own age....  it's not that the mix of generations is incompatible, it's just usually a matter of interests .

So imo young adults have more chances to reach the kids attention than older ones

True!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2020 at 8:12 PM, Jaela said:

@chanleon I TOLD YOU, i told you they were gonna use me as canon fodder 😭😭

Of all the people that commented on the thread they decided that im the antichrist 😂😂

If it was unclear to anyone i do not hate old people, i do not even hate the weird ones, i just dislike their behaviour 🤧

Screenshot_20201119-200337_Instagram.jpg

Y'all I can't believe I gotta say grow up but really there's so much hate here for what was supposed to be a coherent, diplomatic discussion (and it was!)

 

If y'all got enough enthusiasm to create a fake account to talk s**t at least have a chat with me, I started this :) 

 

Psa no one ever said anything about old people being disgusting? fam we all got grandparents it's not like different generations are aliens 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chanleon said:

Y'all I can't believe I gotta say grow up but really there's so much hate here for what was supposed to be a coherent, diplomatic discussion (and it was!)

 

If y'all got enough enthusiasm to create a fake account to talk s**t at least have a chat with me, I started this :) 

 

Psa no one ever said anything about old people being disgusting? fam we all got grandparents it's not like different generations are aliens 

I dont think she is on the forum as a member. Unless as a guest, but i've seen no stalkers in my recent visitors 🙈. She did claim she was defending her friends, those being older people i suppose 😅. But oh well, just a kid being bored i guess, she shut up after i started asking her more questions about who she was, if she is a fan, etc. so yeah 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Susan Smith said:

Here it is: 

844DB3E8-9643-4892-9C93-404F4DAA911D.jpeg

Thiiis 👏👏. Tbh if he was a woman and his fans were all older men we wouldn't even be having this discussion because everybody would know it's creepy and would disapprove of it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy