Mika guest at La Grande Soirée - Versailles 31 December 2020 - France 2

Gabry74

6 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

No, it will be way sooner than that! I don't have an actual date yet, but it will be fairly early in 2021! Will post as soon as I know for sure!

In the meantime, here's the set list from @Cerise  As we talked about on the Insta Live yesterday, Without Her is actually a Harry Nilsson song that Mika has covered before. (I think it was on one of his BBC Radio 2 shows.)

22AF316D-349B-4765-AEEA-884F861CDB09.JPG

Actually it was not even a mini-concert. It was a FULL Mika concert!!!!!

In autumn or summer Mika mentioned some symphonic project. Maybe it was this one?

I am so happy he managed to organize it. In pandemia and for more in Chateau de Versailles.

With whole his family, friends and.... fans :clap::clap::clap:

• Like 5

Mika's new post on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI6dHDulK_k/

Yesterday at the Royal Opera De Versailles!!! My world meets Classical music world with some of Europe’s finest classical musicians. On air February...............

La musique plus que jamais en majesté ! Mercredi 16 décembre, j’ai eu l'incroyable privilège de retrouver la scène dans l’écrin de l’Opéra Royal du Château de Versailles pour l’enregistrement d’un récital entouré des plus grands noms de la musique classique. Un moment poétique pour tourner la page de cette année 2020 si compliquée pour nous tous ! Un rendez-vous intime que j’ai hâte de partager avec vous début 2021 comme une carte de voeux enchantée ! Soyez prudents. Mikaxxx ❤️__________Merci à Vincent Bidal l orchestre symphonique de Versailles @gautiercapucon @jakub.jozef.orlinski #idafalkwinland @the100voicesofgospel @thibautgarciaguitar @creepy_neighbour_max
Merci @chateauversailles & à france télévisions_______ 🙏 ps : évidemment tous les protocoles sanitaires ont été respectés et les performers sur scène ont tous été préalablement testés.

TRANSLATION

Music more than ever in its majesty! On Wednesday December 16, I had the incredible privilege of being on stage in the setting of the Royal Opera of the Palace of Versailles for the recording of a recital surrounded by the biggest names in classical music. A poetic moment to turn the page on this year 2020 so complicated for all of us! An intimate rendezvous that I can't wait to share with you in early 2021 like an enchanted greeting card! Be careful. Mikaxxx ❤️ __________ Thanks to Vincent Bidal the Versailles Symphony Orchestra @gautiercapucon @ jakub.jozef.orlinski #idafalkwinland @ the100voicesofgospel @thibautgarciaguitar @creepy_neighbour_max
Thank you @chateauversailles & à france televisions _______ 🙏 ps: obviously all health protocols have been respected and the performers on stage have all been tested beforehand.

image.thumb.png.c967f02afce388b9536383f8dc7a4448.png

image.thumb.png.cbfa7ca4cbd897e3e0cf3185edc400bf.png

image.thumb.png.d90268db5cc25f0aca8e59ea771385d1.png

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

No, it will be way sooner than that! I don't have an actual date yet, but it will be fairly early in 2021! Will post as soon as I know for sure!

In the meantime, here's the set list from @Cerise  As we talked about on the Insta Live yesterday, Without Her is actually a Harry Nilsson song that Mika has covered before. (I think it was on one of his BBC Radio 2 shows.)

22AF316D-349B-4765-AEEA-884F861CDB09.JPG

Thanks a million @Cerise @dcdeb

It was a FULL CONCERT !!!

SETLIST

1. Over My Shoulder
( Piano : Vincent + Orchestre //  Voix : Mika + spécial guest Jakob "Jakub Józef Orliński" )

2. Toy Boy
( Piano : Vincent // Voix : Mika + Max + Ida )

3. Ice Cream
( Piano : Vincent // Voix : Mika )

4. Grace Kelly

5.Without her
( Piano : Vincent + spécial guest Gautier Capucon // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

6. Last Party
( Piano : Vincent + Max Tom drum + spécial guest Gautier Capucon // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

7. Origin Of Love
( Piano : Vincent + Base : Max // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

8.Underwater
( Piano : Vincent + Orchestre + clavecin orchestra // Voix : Mika +Ida + Max )

9.Lollipop
( Piano : Vincent // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

10. Good Guys
( Piano : Vincent + Base : Max // Voix : Mika + Ida + Max + Choeur Gospel )

11. Elle Me Dit
( Clavecin : Vincent // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

12. Baisers perdus
( Orchestre + spécial guest Thibaut Garcia + orchestra // Voix : Mika )

13. Tomorrow
( Piano : Vincent // Voix : Mika + Max )

14. Love Today
( Piano : Vincent + percussion crassique // Voix : Max + Ida Mika + Choeur Gospel )

15. Relax
------

16. Happy Ending
( Piano : Vincent + Orchestre + Clavecin orchestra // Voix : Mika +Ida + Choeur Gospel )

1253104684_2020_12.16VersaillesLiveSetliat.thumb.JPG.6bc167923e832bbdb29d19fb70737b83.JPG

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Without Her is actually a Harry Nilsson song that Mika has covered before. (I think it was on one of his BBC Radio 2 shows.)

In 2017, Mika covered "Without Her : Harry Nilsson"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks a million @Cerise @dcdeb

It was a FULL CONCERT !!!

SETLIST

1. Over My Shoulder
( Piano : Vincent + Orchestre //  Voix : Mika + spécial guest Jakob "Jakub Józef Orliński" )

2. Toy Boy

3. Ice Cream

4. Grace Kelly

5.Without her
( Piano : Vincent + spécial guest Gautier Capucon // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

6. Last Party
( Piano : Vincent + Max Tom drum + spécial guest Gautier Capucon // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

7. Origin Of Love
( Piano : Vincent + Base : Max // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

8.Underwater
( Piano : Vincent + Orchestre + clavecin orchestra // Voix : Mika +Ida + Max )

9.Lollipop
( Piano : Vincent // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

10. Good Guys
( Piano : Vincent + Base : Max // Voix : Mika + Ida + Max + Choeur Gospel )

11. Elle Me Dit
( Clavecin : Vincent // Voix : Mika + Choeur Gospel )

12. Baisers perdus
( Orchestre + spécial guest Thibaut Garcia + orchestra // Voix : Mika )

13. Tomorrow
( Piano : Vincent // Voix : Mika + Max )

14. Love Today
( Piano : Vincent + percussion crassique // Voix : Max + Ida Mika + Choeur Gospel )

15. Relax
------

16. Happy Ending
( Piano : Vincent + Orchestre + Clavecin orchestra // Voix : Mika +Ida + Choeur Gospel )

1253104684_2020_12.16VersaillesLiveSetliat.thumb.JPG.6bc167923e832bbdb29d19fb70737b83.JPG

:fangurl:

Jakub Orlinski on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8Mwx6gXzd/

It was kind of a surreal situation but it happened. I never expected to sing a duet with @mikainstagram but he invited me and I was super happy to join him in his really incredible show! What an extraordinary guy with such energy on stage! I feel inspired and happy that I could be there!
The whole concert will be available soon so stay tuned!
••••••
Photo by @one_momenttt
••••••
#OhHappyDay #countertenor #jakubjozeforlinski #sings #with #MIKA #in #Versailles #France #LetsBaRock #ThisIsBoss

image.thumb.png.2254c71307c7ca69feb2abc0e3c02775.png

• Like 4

Hello lovelies !

I think the most important things about the show were already said or wrote. I am still over the moon to be honnest and I don't really what to write or even HOW. Also, I have a BIG problem about being happy for what is happening to me when other people would have been so so happy and deserves to had the chance that I had.

But I really want to share this experience with all of you and try to give a little bit of magic.

Everything happened so, SO fast. Me and @Laurya won our tickets. We bring my brother and our friend Laura with us. I'm not from Paris but from Strasbourg and for a minute I realised that I was crazy to organize such a trip in one day. With the actual pandemic and the holidays coming, I think I was so so crazy :lmfao: But it was a good, very good decision ! Thanks to my Laurie I was able to go.

It took my brother and I a 6/7 hours road trip in our little car to join Laurie in Paris then in Versailles.

We didn't knew what was happening. We were overwhelmed with Joy, anxiety, happiness and...Did I said joy ? But also it was so "scary" and unrealistic to realise that we were going to saw Mika after all this months. We thought that it was a little performance ith 1 or maybe 2 songs for the New Year's Eve show. But it was not. Once we arrived in Versailles, I heard a man saying that it was a whole Mika event with just him for an hour and a half. At this moment my heart and the one of my friends and brother were beating out of our chests !! Gnié...Was it real ?

It was cold and rainy and the woman from the security was sad to saw us in the bad weather so she let us come inside and wait in the stairs. After a long, long, loooong time they let us enter in the Opera and..Wow. The place was so so beautiful. Historical. Breathtaking. I had never ever dreamed of seeing Mika in such an amazing place!

Of course it was a little bit weird to see an audience wearing masks (black masks!) but it was okay because the most important thing was to realise than music was still alive.

Of course when I'm writing I know that I am missing things, details and feelings but it's hard to describe a whole evening just by words, even more because I still can't believe that it happened. But I try to do my best!

Mika's family and friends were all there and it was even more unreal to be surrounded by all of those important people. After a while and late (:p) Mika arrived. Just after the musician and the conductor, Mika arrived on stage. In his beautiful suit. Smiling. Happy. Glowing. He was so, so handsome and just..Himself.

He thanked us for being here (really Mika ??? Isn't it supposed to be us thanking you ?) and explain us why he was making this show. Laurie and I had the same feeling : It was reminding us a lot of I Love Beirut show. And it was as exquisite as the Beirut show was. And as beautiful.

Mika was all smiling and he made some jokes. He told us some stories, told us some things about some songs. I don't want to mention too many things because it HAS to be a surprise for you. It's too beautiful to be spoiled ! But I was surprise -in the good way!- by some songs. It has been a while. He had a choir with him. Max Taylor, his friend Ida. Some guests that he likes. He sang Happy Ending and during a vocal he failed so he laughed and said "Yeah...It's been a while. We're not on tour for too long..As you can see and hear!" then he repeated  the song from the beginnning !

He started the show with "Over My Shoulder" and at the end when everything was done he excuse himself and asked us to be patient because the first song had to be recorded again because of a sound issue (not sure about the reason tho!). But I was like "yeah no problem ! You can start from the beginning if you want" :lmfao:

Beauregard was there and Theodora too! It was so funny to see the little girl's face and to realise that she was at her first Mika's show ever. So cute.

As I said I probably missed a lot of things or details and I'm sorry. It's been two days and it's really hard to let go. How aere we supposed to celebrate Christmas and New Year now as if nothing had happened ? :lmfao: But seriously it was unbelievable.

There is some videos and pictures on the internet as you might have seen it. I have nothing because I was enjoying the show fully and they asked us not to record anything. I'm happy to see some footages because it made me realise that it actually happened for real and that it wasn't just a dream!

I don't know what I can say anymore. Maybe you have some questions, some requests ? I think some memories will come back in my mind the next few days and I will share it with you guys!

In the meantime I hope that you're enjoying this little review. And just know that you were all with us during this show. Mika felt your love, miles away <3

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

7 minutes ago, Florine said:

Hello lovelies !

I think the most important things about the show were already said or wrote. I am still over the moon to be honnest and I don't really what to write or even HOW. Also, I have a BIG problem about being happy for what is happening to me when other people would have been so so happy and deserves to had the chance that I had.

But I really want to share this experience with all of you and try to give a little bit of magic.

Everything happened so, SO fast. Me and @Laurya won our tickets. We bring my brother and our friend Laura with us. I'm not from Paris but from Strasbourg and for a minute I realised that I was crazy to organize such a trip in one day. With the actual pandemic and the holidays coming, I think I was so so crazy :lmfao: But it was a good, very good decision ! Thanks to my Laurie I was able to go.

It took my brother and I a 6/7 hours road trip in our little car to join Laurie in Paris then in Versailles.

We didn't knew what was happening. We were overwhelmed with Joy, anxiety, happiness and...Did I said joy ? But also it was so "scary" and unrealistic to realise that we were going to saw Mika after all this months. We thought that it was a little performance ith 1 or maybe 2 songs for the New Year's Eve show. But it was not. Once we arrived in Versailles, I heard a man saying that it was a whole Mika event with just him for an hour and a half. At this moment my heart and the one of my friends and brother were beating out of our chests !! Gnié...Was it real ?

It was cold and rainy and the woman from the security was sad to saw us in the bad weather so she let us come inside and wait in the stairs. After a long, long, loooong time they let us enter in the Opera and..Wow. The place was so so beautiful. Historical. Breathtaking. I had never ever dreamed of seeing Mika in such an amazing place!

Of course it was a little bit weird to see an audience wearing masks (black masks!) but it was okay because the most important thing was to realise than music was still alive.

Of course when I'm writing I know that I am missing things, details and feelings but it's hard to describe a whole evening just by words, even more because I still can't believe that it happened. But I try to do my best!

Mika's family and friends were all there and it was even more unreal to be surrounded by all of those important people. After a while and late (:p) Mika arrived. Just after the musician and the conductor, Mika arrived on stage. In his beautiful suit. Smiling. Happy. Glowing. He was so, so handsome and just..Himself.

He thanked us for being here (really Mika ??? Isn't it supposed to be us thanking you ?) and explain us why he was making this show. Laurie and I had the same feeling : It was reminding us a lot of I Love Beirut show. And it was as exquisite as the Beirut show was. And as beautiful.

Mika was all smiling and he made some jokes. He told us some stories, told us some things about some songs. I don't want to mention too many things because it HAS to be a surprise for you. It's too beautiful to be spoiled ! But I was surprise -in the good way!- by some songs. It has been a while. He had a choir with him. Max Taylor, his friend Ida. Some guests that he likes. He sang Happy Ending and during a vocal he failed so he laughed and said "Yeah...It's been a while. We're not on tour for too long..As you can see and hear!" then he repeated  the song from the beginnning !

He started the show with "Over My Shoulder" and at the end when everything was done he excuse himself and asked us to be patient because the first song had to be recorded again because of a sound issue (not sure about the reason tho!). But I was like "yeah no problem ! You can start from the beginning if you want" :lmfao:

Beauregard was there and Theodora too! It was so funny to see the little girl's face and to realise that she was at her first Mika's show ever. So cute.

As I said I probably missed a lot of things or details and I'm sorry. It's been two days and it's really hard to let go. How aere we supposed to celebrate Christmas and New Year now as if nothing had happened ? :lmfao: But seriously it was unbelievable.

There is some videos and pictures on the internet as you might have seen it. I have nothing because I was enjoying the show fully and they asked us not to record anything. I'm happy to see some footages because it made me realise that it actually happened for real and that it wasn't just a dream!

I don't know what I can say anymore. Maybe you have some questions, some requests ? I think some memories will come back in my mind the next few days and I will share it with you guys!

In the meantime I hope that you're enjoying this little review. And just know that you were all with us during this show. Mika felt your love, miles away <3

I don’t know what to say... all is here and yes, it was unreal for us to be there. It’s just like a beautiful dream ! The show was magic and very touching... I can say that Mika was so happy to be on stage with an audience and I think this gig is a good sign for 2021 ! ❤️ 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Florine said:

As I said I probably missed a lot of things or details and I'm sorry.

Oh, don't worry about that. In my opinion your review is very detailed. Thank you for sharing. :flowers2:

Oh! I forgot to say something. This quote will probably be my favorite quote from the end of 2020 :

"King...Queen....scream...for Ice Cream" 

Voilà.  Don't ask me why he said that...he was just in the mood of the song 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Thank you so much for your report Florine.

That makes me even more exited to watch the show on Tv !

Don't feel guilty , anyway with the short schedule and all the restrictions it was not possible to go for many of us .

And for those who regret afterward because they thought it was just for the new years eve show .....well.... it's life , sometimes you win ,sometimes you loose :wink2: . ( wise thoughts of somebody who played many matches .....with every kind of results ....:naughty: )

Just to be clear for the non French residents : Be carefull ,France 5 is not TV5

So it's not an international channel but it's not a private one , it's part of the "France télévision" panel which is free .

Well, not exactly free because we're paying a tax for the audio visual stuff ...:wacko: .... but I think that it should be possible to have a streaming more easily than for the show in Bercy for example

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4