Mika guest at La Grande Soirée - Versailles 31 December 2020 - France 2

Gabry74

Mika posted the fireworks part on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeuoIdFU17/

My family has a tradition, at the new year we bang pots and pans and walk out into the street. They say the noise will chase away evil and misfortune. This New Year's Eve I kept up the tradition and we made some noise, a lot of noise. This firework show at the Palace of Versailles can’t erase the turbulent year we have had, however I hope it will set the tone for the year to come: hope and fantasy. It was a humbling experience putting the music together and performing under such a massive spectacle, all orchestrated by the amazingly talented Christophe Berthonneau. Thank you to him and to the whole team at @france2. I wish you a Happy New Year, wherever you may be in the world. M xx

Quelle année incroyable ! Rien ne s’est passé comme prévu ... jusqu’à ce feu d’artifice qui n’effacera évidemment pas les difficultés mais qui j’espère vous aura fait rêver autant que moi ... c’était magique, poétique ... je n’en reviens toujours pas ... j’espère qu’il donnera le ton de l’année 2021 ! De l’espoir ! Ensemble on y arrivera… Merci a l’incroyable Christophe Berthonneau et @france2

@electronorodlibre
#yannischebbi
@francoisgoetghebeur
@alecredde

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika posted the fireworks part on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeuoIdFU17/

My family has a tradition, at the new year we bang pots and pans and walk out into the street. They say the noise will chase away evil and misfortune. This New Year's Eve I kept up the tradition and we made some noise, a lot of noise. This firework show at the Palace of Versailles can’t erase the turbulent year we have had, however I hope it will set the tone for the year to come: hope and fantasy. It was a humbling experience putting the music together and performing under such a massive spectacle, all orchestrated by the amazingly talented Christophe Berthonneau. Thank you to him and to the whole team at @france2. I wish you a Happy New Year, wherever you may be in the world. M xx

Quelle année incroyable ! Rien ne s’est passé comme prévu ... jusqu’à ce feu d’artifice qui n’effacera évidemment pas les difficultés mais qui j’espère vous aura fait rêver autant que moi ... c’était magique, poétique ... je n’en reviens toujours pas ... j’espère qu’il donnera le ton de l’année 2021 ! De l’espoir ! Ensemble on y arrivera… Merci a l’incroyable Christophe Berthonneau et @france2

@electronorodlibre
#yannischebbi
@francoisgoetghebeur
@alecredde

2 hours ago, silver said:

Watching the fireworks, but I was expecting a new piece of music, not existing songs :sad:

I thought he might make a few new arrangements, and really of OMS and other songs it was a new version, probably recorded with the musicians in Versailles. It was a big surprise to me to hear OMS there, and I liked that version. :wub2: Maybe the whole thing could've been a bit more of that kind, but since he said in the Italian interview that the 2nd song would be Tiny Love Reprise, I did actually expect it to be a medley of his songs, not something new.

I also was surprised that everyone seemed to think what he'd announce for midnight would be news, I understood his post in that way, that he'd upload the fireworks for us. And I love it that he cares, that we all get to watch this amazing moment, also those who can't get French TV. :wub2: It was simply beautiful, and I'm very happy for him that he got this chance, and for us that we got to watch it. :cloud:

Happy New Year everyone. :group_hug:

• Like 9

I managed to catch the ending with the fireworks and that performance was absolutely superb! What a way to bring in the new year 😃. I love the way he did a medley of his songs, it was certainly special with Tiny Love Reprise for his mum. I'll have to go back and watch the beginning now!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, silver said:

Watching the fireworks, but I was expecting a new piece of music, not existing songs :sad:

11 hours ago, BiaIchihara said:

me too :( :( :(

I didn't realy expect new music but felt a bit frustrated that they didn't insert at least one song from the concert that was recorded one or 2 days later .

Not for myself , because I know that I'll be able to watch it later , but for the random public who may not realize how good he is when performing live .

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

Mika at La Grande Soirée du 31 à Versailles was so amazing! :fangurl:

Relax
Grace Kelly
Love Today 

And during the fireworks: 
Underwater
Tiny Love Reprise
Elle me dit!
Over My Shoulder
Stardust

On Underwater I imagined him with the whole band... I miss them so much and I hope to see them again in 2021. ❤

20210101_001238.jpg

• Like 6

Edited a part of Mika and the fireworks.

• 1_RELAX
  • 2_Grace Kelly
  • 3_Love Today

--------------------------------------

• 4_Underwater
  • 5_Tiny Love
  • 6_Elle Me Dit
  • 7_Over My Shoulder
  • 8_Stardust feat. Chiara
  • 9_Grace Kelly

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, mellody said:

I thought he might make a few new arrangements, and really of OMS and other songs it was a new version, probably recorded with the musicians in Versailles. It was a big surprise to me to hear OMS there, and I liked that version. :wub2: Maybe the whole thing could've been a bit more of that kind, but since he said in the Italian interview that the 2nd song would be Tiny Love Reprise, I did actually expect it to be a medley of his songs, not something new.

I also was surprised that everyone seemed to think what he'd announce for midnight would be news, I understood his post in that way, that he'd upload the fireworks for us. And I love it that he cares, that we all get to watch this amazing moment, also those who can't get French TV. :wub2: It was simply beautiful, and I'm very happy for him that he got this chance, and for us that we got to watch it. :cloud:

Happy New Year everyone. :group_hug:

I also understood he would upload the firework for us and didn´t expect any news. I really was pleased he performed so many songs during the firework. It was just a great beginning of 2021. 

Happy New Year everyone

• Like 5