Who wants a Casa Mika 2??

holdingyourdrink

After X Factor has ended we are all anxiously waiting for footage from Star Academy and the Voice to see Mika again. However, these shows have all one thing in common: they don’t have enough Mika in them, I mean, I can’t be the only one thinking this 😉

With the current COVID situation, we have no way of knowing when Mika will be on tour again. Nor does he. What if it will be another 2 years? 

Doing TV is the best alternative to it all, so why not encourage that by brainstorming about what we as fans would like to see? And the first thing that comes to mind is... Casa Mika! But maybe revamped? Maybe in English??

We’re a big part of his demographic, so what place to better ask than the MFC?!

In order for a show to run it needs to be bought by a network. But networks may not want to buy anything during these times. We know how talented Mika is in pulling strings and putting something amazing together in a short period of time, look at I ❤️ Beirut. This has been bought for screen time in both France and Italy, but only after it had been produced. It’s pretty much the same thing what they do for pilots for new tv shows, so that wouldn’t be any different. The question however is: how to make it attractive for both fans and networks? So that eventually and hopefully, a network will buy it.

So let’s get started! What did you love the most about Casa Mika and is that something you would love to see again?

Secondly, who could he collaborate with in order to put something wonderful on stage? I was actually thinking that Belgium or the Netherlands would be pretty good collaborators. Studio Job did the props for both his shows and Casa Mika, Viktor & Rolf collaborated with him for their last show “Change”. What if it could be a synergy where he can help get them some screen time as well? And maybe the networks in those respective countries would be interested? Or what about France?

I know this is a completely silly idea, but with the hard lockdown upcoming next week, I think this is a nice distraction from it all ☺️ and this may never reach Mika, but we can’t stop hoping and wondering, can’t we? 😉

• Like 6

Well, I don't know about another Casa Mika, but I think if he could put on a concert for Beirut, he could do something similar for fans.  I think there would be more chance of a successful online gig than persuading a TV company to back him.

Sadly I can't see any UK broadcaster being interested.

• Like 6

I'd love another Casa Mika. :wub2: I might be wrong, but from some of the things he said in interviews in the last year, I got the impression that he was planning something like this in the Spanish speaking area. He didn't exactly say this, it was more a feeling I got (maybe just wishful thinking :lol3:) when he talked about his plans for the Spanish speaking area - it sounded like he was planning more than just the duet with Danna Paola. And he did win the Rose d'Or award for his show, that indeed might have gotten him some offers from other countries.

Anyway I also can remember very well him moaning about how much work the Casa Mika show was for him, poor guy didn't get much sleep during that time. :(He did all the content etc. himself - if you know him a little, you know that he wouldn't let anyone else be in charge of a show that carries his name. Maybe he has changed since then, but especially he doesn't have his Mum by his side now, he said several times how much she helped him with Casa Mika, despite being in a wheelchair at that time. So although I'd love another Casa Mika, I don't know if he feels up to it. In any case I suppose it's not possible during the pandemic - just imagine him and all the guests wearing masks and keeping a distance, not being able to have an audience in the studio, it just wouldn't be the same. And after the pandemic I hope he continues his tour. Once that is finished, yes, I could imagine him doing something like this again.

I do hope he'll be doing something else until touring is possible again, but I'm pretty sure he will. He keeps talking about staying connected to people, about staying curious, so I think doing nothing won't be an option for him. And whatever it is, I'm curious to hear about his plans. :wub2:

• Like 8

I would love to watch Casa Mika anyway, I've never actually seen full episodes. Whenever I come across a subtitled clip in English that's the only time I watch and occasionally save the videos. It would be awesome if Mika did another series or at least something similar to it. Unfortunately with everything changing because of the pandemic I can't see Mika doing another Casa Mika or anything like a full series right now. 

Coming up next for Mika is of course Star Academy and the Voice, and he has mentioned working on EPs multiple times now, he's certainly got enough to keep him busy for now. However with how well I ❤ Beirut did, I think a good idea may be to do one off shows, maybe not like a big concert, more like mini Casa Mika's. Surely it's not impossible, there are some shows here in the UK that have started to bring audiences back in, albeit a lot smaller and with mandatory mask wearing. 

If there's one thing we know about Mika it's that he can't stay still for long! He always has to be doing something, and we know he misses being infront of his fans , like @mellody said it's hopeful that he'll do something else until another tour. Here's hoping that it won't be too long before we can see him again!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

What did you love the most about Casa Mika and is that something you would love to see again?

I miss Gregory :sad: 

12 minutes ago, silver said:

Maybe he could do a Mika Unplugged show.  And who else would you like him to sing with?

I like this idea! Mika needs to collab with Christine and the Queens, and also Kylie again! But not a Christmas song again, as much as I love Wonderful Christmastime, he and Kylie could make an amazing pop song.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I would love to watch Casa Mika anyway, I've never actually seen full episodes. Whenever I come across a subtitled clip in English that's the only time I watch and occasionally save the videos

The full episodes with English subtitles are on the Subtitling Team's thread. ;) It is indeed a lot to watch tho, over 2 hours per episode - a few years ago I've watched some bits of his talking, and one or two full episodes, but only a few months ago I started watching them from the start, bit by bit during my workout on the crosstrainer. At least that way I've finished watching 3 full episodes so far, and there's definitely bits in them that I hadn't seen before.

About what I love most about Casa Mika, that's hard to say... it's the whole thing, the whole concept of this awesome big variety show full of music, but still so personal, so much about Mika. What I loved most was his speeches about deep topics - that includes Gregory, I agree with @TinyLove_CJ about missing him - but basically I think Gregory is identical with the side of him that he introduced as Michael Holbrook on his latest CD. And this personal side of him, in a way it's always there, but it's hard to see it when he does professional TV like Xfactor. Well, I could go on about that topic for a while. :teehee:

And of course all his singing, his own songs but also the covers.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

The full episodes with English subtitles are on the Subtitling Team's thread.

I can't believe I didn't know this! I'm gonna start watching them, thanks :)

(not on a crosstrainer though that sounds... exhausting 😐)

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, silver said:

Well, I don't know about another Casa Mika, but I think if he could put on a concert for Beirut, he could do something similar for fans.  I think there would be more chance of a successful online gig than persuading a TV company to back him.

Sadly I can't see any UK broadcaster being interested.

That’s what I was thinking too, but for Beirut he did it for a good cause (so not for himself or fans necessarily). And with other artists now all following with the live streaming gigs, him doing the same wouldn’t give that special edge anymore. I think he therefore might not want to do something like that again. But I’m just speculating. I would LOVE for him to do an acoustic kind of living room concert. I think we all would! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mellody said:

I'd love another Casa Mika. :wub2: I might be wrong, but from some of the things he said in interviews in the last year, I got the impression that he was planning something like this in the Spanish speaking area. He didn't exactly say this, it was more a feeling I got (maybe just wishful thinking :lol3:) when he talked about his plans for the Spanish speaking area - it sounded like he was planning more than just the duet with Danna Paola. And he did win the Rose d'Or award for his show, that indeed might have gotten him some offers from other countries.

Anyway I also can remember very well him moaning about how much work the Casa Mika show was for him, poor guy didn't get much sleep during that time. :(He did all the content etc. himself - if you know him a little, you know that he wouldn't let anyone else be in charge of a show that carries his name. Maybe he has changed since then, but especially he doesn't have his Mum by his side now, he said several times how much she helped him with Casa Mika, despite being in a wheelchair at that time. So although I'd love another Casa Mika, I don't know if he feels up to it. In any case I suppose it's not possible during the pandemic - just imagine him and all the guests wearing masks and keeping a distance, not being able to have an audience in the studio, it just wouldn't be the same. And after the pandemic I hope he continues his tour. Once that is finished, yes, I could imagine him doing something like this again.

I do hope he'll be doing something else until touring is possible again, but I'm pretty sure he will. He keeps talking about staying connected to people, about staying curious, so I think doing nothing won't be an option for him. And whatever it is, I'm curious to hear about his plans. :wub2:

You’re so right. I wasn’t thinking about the logistics of it all. The idea just sprang to mind as I was chatting with some other MFC’ers and I figured I would just post about it to brainstorm 😆 and actually more to speculate about his possible upcoming projects that are in our wishful minds!! 😉

The reason why I thought it could be a collaboration between him and friends, is because for fashion houses it’s also very difficult right now without their fashion shows to present their new collections. Design studios need their platform as well if they cannot be presented outside of their store and of course Mika needs to present his (new?) music in such a colourful and rich way, it would be a win-win for everyone. And the only way I could see how is if he would make a Casa Mika like show again 😆 I even had the crazy idea to write known collaborators of him with this idea 🤣 but not without a concept. It’s crazy, but why not. The pandemic gives us too much time to think about things like this ☺️ 

But who knows, maybe Mika is thinking the exact same thing already and we will be pleasantly surprised! I so so hope so! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, silver said:

A show without an audience is difficult for Mika, he feeds off the crowd (like most good live performers).

True, I thought the same thing. You could see with his performance with Michele Bravi and his performance on X Factor that both the stage and crowd were too small for him. He loved it nonetheless and I’m sure he adapted and was just grateful for an audience, whatever size, but yeah. He would truly bloom with the big crowd he deserves. 

10 hours ago, silver said:

Mind you, there are some songs I would love to hear as an acoustic version, maybe he could do a Mika Unplugged show.  And who else would you like him to sing with?

Just thinking of his The Voice performances. His voice sounds amazing together with Jenifer and Garou! But also with his former talents, they don’t need to be high profile. So many options!!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I would love to watch Casa Mika anyway, I've never actually seen full episodes. Whenever I come across a subtitled clip in English that's the only time I watch and occasionally save the videos. It would be awesome if Mika did another series or at least something similar to it. Unfortunately with everything changing because of the pandemic I can't see Mika doing another Casa Mika or anything like a full series right now. 

Coming up next for Mika is of course Star Academy and the Voice, and he has mentioned working on EPs multiple times now, he's certainly got enough to keep him busy for now. However with how well I ❤ Beirut did, I think a good idea may be to do one off shows, maybe not like a big concert, more like mini Casa Mika's. Surely it's not impossible, there are some shows here in the UK that have started to bring audiences back in, albeit a lot smaller and with mandatory mask wearing. 

If there's one thing we know about Mika it's that he can't stay still for long! He always has to be doing something, and we know he misses being infront of his fans , like @mellody said it's hopeful that he'll do something else until another tour. Here's hoping that it won't be too long before we can see him again!

That’s what I’m wondering. He’ll be busy until maybe February/March, but he needs something to keep him busy after that. So I figured I’d throw in some ideas and maybe he will catch up on it 🤣 (wishful thinking again 🤣)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mellody said:

The full episodes with English subtitles are on the Subtitling Team's thread. ;) It is indeed a lot to watch tho, over 2 hours per episode - a few years ago I've watched some bits of his talking, and one or two full episodes, but only a few months ago I started watching them from the start, bit by bit during my workout on the crosstrainer. At least that way I've finished watching 3 full episodes so far, and there's definitely bits in them that I hadn't seen before.

About what I love most about Casa Mika, that's hard to say... it's the whole thing, the whole concept of this awesome big variety show full of music, but still so personal, so much about Mika. What I loved most was his speeches about deep topics - that includes Gregory, I agree with @TinyLove_CJ about missing him - but basically I think Gregory is identical with the side of him that he introduced as Michael Holbrook on his latest CD. And this personal side of him, in a way it's always there, but it's hard to see it when he does professional TV like Xfactor. Well, I could go on about that topic for a while. :teehee:

And of course all his singing, his own songs but also the covers.

That’s why a Casa Mika would be so perfect.. it’s all Mika, not just the format the show he happens to be in. I feel his creativity is being suppressed in those shows. And if anything, that man shouldn’t be limited in any way. 

• Like 2

I like Gregory too! I was hoping Mika would incorporate him into some of his concerts or projects, but it seems unlikely after all this time. 

Wishful thinking... I’d like a funny Mika show where he goes on wacky adventures around the world (like a safari or cooking or white water rafting or getting lost in a city or a comic convention or a huge library or a carnival or a farm) with Gregory and/or Andy and/or special guests, but with a few touching moments and random musical numbers and an important lesson learned at the end. Preferably Mika would be the one driving cuz that’s always adorable. 

Special guest ideas... Paul de Leeuw, Ian McKellen, Alan Cumming, a fabulous drag queen, James Corden, a Penniman sibling or two, Melachi and Amira, Max Taylor, Amanda Palmer, a young panda bear, Adele, and anyone else who loves to laugh or can match his energy and enthusiasm.

so.... kinda of like SCM on the road xD

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, kreacher said:

I like Gregory too! I was hoping Mika would incorporate him into some of his concerts or projects, but it seems unlikely after all this time. 

Wishful thinking... I’d like a funny Mika show where he goes on wacky adventures around the world (like a safari or white water rafting or getting lost in a city or a comic convention or a huge library or a carnival or a farm) with Gregory and/or Andy and/or special guests, but with a few touching moments and random musical numbers and an important lesson learned at the end. Preferably Mika would be the one driving cuz that’s always adorable. 

Special guest ideas... Paul de Leeuw, Ian McKellen, Alan Cumming, a fabulous drag queen, James Corden, a Penniman sibling or two, Melachi and Amira, Max Taylor, Amanda Palmer, a young panda bear, Adele, anybody who loves to laugh or can match his energy and enthusiasm.

I absolutely adore your idea!! Once this whole COVID thing is „over“ this is exactly what he should do!! But part time, because we still would love new music from him ☺️

• Like 2

@kreacher I love your idea and I can imagine Mika being interested in something like this because we all know how much he loves to travel! 

Also your ideas for special guests are great but this one really needs to happen with Mika 😂

8 hours ago, kreacher said:

A young panda bear,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kreacher said:

Wishful thinking... I’d like a funny Mika show where he goes on wacky adventures around the world (like a safari or cooking or white water rafting or getting lost in a city or a comic convention or a huge library or a carnival or a farm) with Gregory and/or Andy and/or special guests, but with a few touching moments and random musical numbers and an important lesson learned at the end. Preferably Mika would be the one driving cuz that’s always adorable. 

So basically a reality show following Mika's life :teehee:

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, kreacher said:

Special guest ideas... Paul de Leeuw, Ian McKellen, Alan Cumming, a fabulous drag queen, James Corden, a Penniman sibling or two, Melachi and Amira, Max Taylor, Amanda Palmer, a young panda bear, Adele, and anyone else who loves to laugh or can match his energy and enthusiasm.

:giveup:

You expect a lot of him. :naughty: I don't need that much. I don't need talent shows or another kind of TV shows. When this damn virus comes to the end (I hope soon) :pray: I would only need  music,  tour  and maybe an acoustic tour like SFS tour he did in 2009 :wub2: and  something I would like him to do is a musical about his songs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

I would like him to do is a musical about his songs. 

Didn't Mika once say that he wouldn't mind doing an opera style show? Not sure if he meant with himself in it though 🤔

I like the idea of a musical where Mika could bring his songs to life with actors playing the characters he's created over the years!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I’ve just found this article, it’s already a bit older, but I guess Mika had the same idea of bringing Casa Mika to different countries or even Netflix: https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/mika/

So us brainstorming in December and what does the man do in the meantime? Record a sinfonic concert and brought out a live album and is doing a varieté like show where he brings his universe on the screen in Quebec for two evenings. Our wishful thinking has materialized!!! Now I’m very certain: this forum must have telepathic powers 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2