Mika interview @ Settestorie on Rai 1, Monday 21 Dec 2020

Paoletta

9 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

How can he walk around without hordes of fans in the background? Or is it because of COVID 😅

They wouldn't stay in the background, lol. :naughty: No, but seriously - he did have this kind of fame in Italy back in 2013 when he started Xfactor, with hordes of screaming fans. But that's why he stays out of the tabloids and keeps down to earth, because I think it makes him feel uncomfortable. I don't know what it's like when he's doing an interview, but when he walks around somewhere, he has this sort of "invisible mode", where you just don't notice him, although he's so tall and handsome. :teehee: I think the mask helps with that too. But besides, as I said, he just stays out of the things that would make hordes of fans follow him in such a situation, because he doesn't like it. Sure, Covid might be a reason too - I suppose on a regular Saturday before Christmas there'd have been many many more people in the Florence city centre.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

How can he walk around without hordes of fans in the background? Or is it because of COVID 😅

Ok there *were* hordes of fans in the background. :teehee: I found that rather annoying tbh, to see people following him and filming, at the beginning even asking for pix, while he was talking about such touching topics.

I just wish I had understood more, as always I understood what he talked about in general, but not much of the details. Especially what he said about his Mum - I understood he talked about how he made her sing for Tiny Love Reprise and while she understood, his siblings didn't. I didn't get the connection he made to Versailles tho. 

Waiting for our dear Subtitling team now. :blush:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mellody said:

Ok there *were* hordes of fans in the background. :teehee: I found that rather annoying tbh, to see people following him and filming, at the beginning even asking for pix, while he was talking about such touching topics.

I just wish I had understood more, as always I understood what he talked about in general, but not much of the details. Especially what he said about his Mum - I understood he talked about how he made her sing for Tiny Love Reprise and while she understood, his siblings didn't. I didn't get the connection he made to Versailles tho. 

Waiting for our dear Subtitling team now. :blush:

Haha. Well, to be fair: I would probably follow him around too 🙈 not going to lie, the fangirl in me will take over. 

And I cannot wait for the subtitling team. I understand maybe 10% of it, which is at least 200% off of what I’d like to understand about this interview. 

REPLAY

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2020/12/SetteStorie-f9174b06-ac4d-4eb9-b948-99e4c8fb2fdf.html

:italia:
Puntata del 21/12/2020
  • St 2020 - Puntata del 21/12/2020
  • 76 min
Il protagonista della conversazione di Settestorie è la star internazionale Mika, che si è raccontato a Monica Maggioni durante una suggestiva passeggiata tra le vie di Firenze, da piazza della Repubblica fino a Ponte Vecchio. Dal difficile periodo della scuola e gli abusi subiti, fino alla toccante riflessione sulla malattia di sua madre, la sua lunga e intima intervista aprirà la puntata. Il programma di approfondimento condotto da Monica Maggioni, poi, in questo lunedì che precede il Natale, proporrà un racconto immersivo sulla vita di una famiglia che, in fuga dalla Siria, è arrivata in un campo della Grecia. È qui che, dopo aver conosciuto la gioia della nascita di una figlia, ora spera di poter trovare un futuro migliore e una nuova vita in un Paese che li accolga. In studio ci sarà Francesca Trianni, autrice del reportage.

:uk:

Episode of 21/12/2020

•      St 2020 - Episode of 21/12/2020
  •      76 min

The protagonist of the Settestorie conversation is the international star Mika, who told Monica Maggioni during a suggestive walk through the streets of Florence, from Piazza della Repubblica to Ponte Vecchio. From the difficult period of school and the abuses suffered by her, up to the touching reflection on her mother's illness, her long and intimate interview will open the episode. The in-depth program conducted by Monica Maggioni, then, on this Monday preceding Christmas, will propose an immersive story about the life of a family that, fleeing Syria, arrived in a camp in Greece. It is here that she, after having known the joy of the birth of a daughter, now she hopes to be able to find a better future and a new life in a country that welcomes them. In the studio there will be Francesca Trianni, author of the reportage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Kumazzz  for the link.

What an interview!!!!

Walking with Mika in the streets of Florence and talking about his life.

I even like it more that an interview in the press, where you can't hear his voice....

He talked about many important things in life. And why he reveals some facts from his private life.

But what touched me the most was this part where Mika talks about fireworks in Versailles for the 31ts of December.

He dedicates it to his mum and he will use the song with her voice.... Tiny Love. It will be the second song.

It will be a surprise for her. The biggest firework show in the world this year....

I can't even imagine what she can feel at that moment. She can't talk so she wouldn't be able say anything.

But watching it I am sure what I will feel.... :crybaby:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Faustine said:

Est ce que l'interview va être traduit ? 

Bien sûr que oui. On vous demande juste un peu de patience parce que ce n’est pas une interview courte et justement on a moins de personnes disponibles ces jours-ci. Vous nous comprendrez, on espère, on fait de notre mieux.

🇬🇧 

1 hour ago, Faustine said:

Will the interview be translated?

Of course it will. We just ask you a little bit of patience because it's not that short and we obviously have less volunteers these days. We hope you'll understand, we're trying our best.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Subtitling Team said:

Bien sûr que oui. On vous demande juste un peu de patience parce que ce n’est pas une interview courte et justement on a moins de personnes disponibles ces jours-ci. Vous nous comprendrez, on espère, on fait de notre mieux.

🇬🇧 

Of course it will. We just ask you a little bit of patience because it's not that short and we obviously have less volunteers these days. We hope you'll understand, we're trying our best.

You guys doing amazing work and I appreciate all you do ❤️ For those who don’t speak the language where Mika speaks in (he and I only have English in common 😅), we depend on your generosity 🌸 and you never let us down! Thank you!!!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Subtitling Team said:

:uk:

Christmas gift! Would you like to make a virtual walk through the streets of Florence while listening to Mika's story? He's going to tell you about his rabbit, that got him into the church chorus, about his mom's illness, his dad, some spoiler about the New Year's Eve show in Versailles and a little bit about his private life.

Sette Storie interview is now subtitled in English! 

:france:

Cadeau de Noël ! Aimeriez-vous vous promener dans les rues de Florence pendant que vous écoutez l'histoire de Mika? Il va vous parler de son petit lapin, qui l'a fait entrer dans la chorale de l'église, de la maladie de sa mère, de son père, quelques spoiler sur le spectacle du Nouvel An et un tout petit peu de sa vie privée aussi. 

Voilà l'interview à Sette Storie avec sous-titres français ! 

Many thanks, dear @Subtitling Team! :flowers2: It's good to know what he actually said, because there's some things I understood differently with my limited Italian knowledge, or judging from things I read on Twitter.

There's one thing I still don't understand, not sure if it got lost in translation or if it just doesn't make sense what he says, or if it's just me who can't make sense of it. When she asks whether the people close to him can connect with his way of being, and he says yes because the majority of them are as*holes, and then he says his partner is tough and difficult - like, what does that mean, you can only connect to his way of being if you're an as*hole? I hadn't understood the question before reading the subtitles, and that's what confuses me. She asks about something positive and he says yes because something negative. And I'm like "huh?" :blink: I'd love to hear other people's interpretations of this, maybe then it becomes clearer to me?

Will comment on other parts of the interview when I have more time.

Edit:

Ah, and something else, in the beginning he says the last time they met she had helped him with a project. Do we know what that is/was, where he has worked with her before?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mellody said:

Many thanks, dear @Subtitling Team! :flowers2: It's good to know what he actually said, because there's some things I understood differently with my limited Italian knowledge, or judging from things I read on Twitter.

There's one thing I still don't understand, not sure if it got lost in translation or if it just doesn't make sense what he says, or if it's just me who can't make sense of it. When she asks whether the people close to him can connect with his way of being, and he says yes because the majority of them are as*holes, and then he says his partner is tough and difficult - like, what does that mean, you can only connect to his way of being if you're an as*hole? I hadn't understood the question before reading the subtitles, and that's what confuses me. She asks about something positive and he says yes because something negative. And I'm like "huh?" :blink: I'd love to hear other people's interpretations of this, maybe then it becomes clearer to me?

Edit:

Ah, and something else, in the beginning he says the last time they met she had helped him with a project. Do we know what that is/was, where he has worked with her before?

I was hoping you would comment on the interview, because I’m dying to discuss every part of it 🤣

The part about the people around him being a-holes: I had to think about the friend metaphor: friends greet you with „nice to see you, how are you doing? What would you like to drink?“ and real friends greet you with „hey a-hole, you look like sh*t. Beer? There‘s the fridge.“ 😆

I guess what he means is that the people closest to him aren’t afraid to tell him the good AND the bad. In his industry there are many who constantly tell you that you’re “amazing”, without meaning it. So he’s looking for genuity and therefore raw honesty. Keeps him grounded, which is what he prefers over being worshipped, is what it seems to me.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, mellody said:

Edit:

I thought he meant the people arround him are not the usual humans but very open and different so they can take him better than others. I don´t know if asshole is the only meaning of stronzo?

Calling Andy tough and difficult may mean that only a person tough and difficult can stay with Mika at the same level or he spoke from himself at that moment. Does it make sense what I´m saying?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was hoping you would comment on the interview, because I’m dying to discuss every part of it 🤣

The part about the people around him being a-holes: I had to think about the friend metaphor: friends greet you with „nice to see you, how are you doing? What would you like to drink?“ and real friends greet you with „hey a-hole, you look like sh*t. Beer? There‘s the fridge.“ 😆

I guess what he means is that the people closest to him aren’t afraid to tell him the good AND the bad. In his industry there are many who constantly tell you that you’re “amazing”, without meaning it. So he’s looking for genuity and therefore raw honesty. Keeps him grounded, which is what he prefers over being worshipped, is what it seems to me.

:lmfao: of course he can mean Andy being tough and difficult because Andy is telling him always the truth no matter if Mika likes it or not. A person who tells you you are doing or talking bulls**t may be seen as difficult instead of easy......

• Like 2

9 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Lol, I didn't know this friend methaphor. :teehee: But it might go in a similar direction as a postcard my Mum had hanging on the cupboard for years when I was a kid / teenager. It said "Ein wahrer Freund ist, wer dich sehen lässt deine Flecken, und sie dir tilgen hilft, eh Feinde sie entdecken." (for the non-German speakers, it says something like a true friend is who lets you see your faults and helps you get rid of them before enemies notice them). I guess that's the 1980s poetic version of "hey a-hole, you look like sh*t." :lmfao:

I agree with you, but it still seems a strange answer to the question whether people close to him can connect with his way of being. The question makes sense to me, and the answer, but the connection between both, I'm still not sure. :teehee: Maybe because I'm not sure how they define "his way of being" in this conversation. I listened back a bit in the interview, to try and understand what in particular they might mean with it - right before it he talks about making music, but the topic before it is about letting go of discretion, to continue a person's story, even if they can't speak anymore, and when she says it's a way of looking at existence, he says it's also a way to face our finaly destiny, i.e. death. Maybe the other question/answer relates to that? His way of being, as his way of looking at existence, like he described it earlier in the conversation? And I wonder if he sees this as a kind of "as*hole behaviour", to say no, I won't stay silent and discreet, hide myself and others in the place society thinks I/they should hide in - he gets quite agitated when talking about this. I mean, I don't see this as as*hole behaviour, imo it's just a healthy confidence to see things this way. But if I had to describe Mika, I'd certainly use words like "kind", "sensitive" and "discreet", for the side the public knows about him. Only since last year he has been showing a lot more facets of his personality to the public, I think it's connected with "Tiny Love", with a certain confidence - and there it comes back to what you say, that genuity and honesty are what he needs from those close to him, tho it's often uncomfortable. But when you reflect yourself, when you know you're not always kind and nice and discreet but also have negative emotions and less pleasant character traits, like every human being, then indeed I can imagine that if people tell you all the time how awesome you are, it feels wrong because you know you're just  human. So if people you trust are being as*holes towards you sometimes, I suppose it helps not just to feel grounded but also to feel in tune with yourself. As he intended with his latest album, to bring together his public and his private side. He talks about "I" most of the time now for talking about himself, not "we", as he used to.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I've made any point that you haven't made, maybe my brain just needed to take all those U-turns to make sense of it in the context. :teehee:

Edit: About his Dad's languages, I agree, I'd think the same. Pretty sure about Mandarin, Mika said all in his family speak it. Instead of Spanish or Italian it might be something else.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mellody said:

Instead of Spanish or Italian it might be something else.

If I remember well he said once that his father can speak Italian too and also that he lived in Rome, so I guess Italian could be one of the six languages 

• Like 5