Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok updates - 2021

Mikasister

7 hours ago, Paoletta said:

@mellody i hope that Mika came back soon on social ...

He let us know that he's ok, I suppose that'll have to do for the next few weeks. :mf_rosetinted: :teehee: 

Well, I hope he'll be online for the Versailles gig, maybe tweet a bit like he did during I love Beirut, that'd be nice. :blush:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paoletta said:

@mellody hello excuse me... Mika is married or not yet?

He lives with his partner Andy. From what he said in interviews, apparently he's not interested in getting married. I think it was a recent Italian interview where he said something like that although it's not something he wants, he thinks it's important to have the choice of same-sex marriage. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1DvX-ljen/

Beirut, Paris and then London, all unified by one thing, Music. By the time I was eight years old, I got my first job singing in the chorus of a Strauss opera at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden. I continued to perform in classical music as boy and then studied singing at the Royal College of Music in London, all the while writing songs at home and recording demos in the evenings. The classical training I received went on to greatly influence the music I write today and the way that I sing.

When I was asked in December to perform at Versailles Royal Opera House, I wanted to do something special, especially considering how rare an opportunity putting on a big show is these days. The aim was to create a completely different show, spectacular without any theatrics, just using music in an incredible context. I decided to revisit my music, bringing my classical music background to the forefront. My repertoire was re-orchestrated for an orchestral and Baroque ensemble and I invited world-renowned classical soloists to duet with me. It was an honor to work alongside cellist Gautier Capuçon, counter-tenor Jakub Józef Orliński guitarist Thibaut Garcia as well was my close friend, soprano Ida Falk-Wiland and the brilliant Gospel Pour 100 Voix.

Broadcast on Friday at 8:50PM on France 5 and in preview this evening at 9:05PM on Culturebox.

Rendez-vous pour la diffusion vendredi à 20h50 sur France 5
et dès ce soir, à 21h en preview, sur la nouvelle chaine culturelle de France Télévisions: Culturebox.

Beyrouth, Paris et Londres, tous unis autour d’une chose : la musique.
Quand j’avais 8 ans, j’ai eu mon 1er job dans le chœur d’un opéra de Strauss à l’Opera Royal de Covent Garden.
J’ai continué à chanter la musique classique quand j’étais jeune, puis a l étudier et l’interpréter au collège Royal de Musique de Londres, tout en écrivant mes chansons à la maison et a enregistrer des démos le soir.
La pratique de la musique classique que j ai reçu a toujours merveilleusement influencé ma musique et la façon dont je chante.

Quand j'ai été invité à performer en décembre à l’Opera Royal de Versailles, je rêvais d’une soirée unique et vraiment spéciale, sachant combien il est rare de pouvoir performer et faire de la musique en ce moment. Le but était de créer un show complètement différent , spectaculaire mais sans effet théâtraux , juste en jouant avec la musique et ce cadre complètement exceptionnel.

J'ai alors décidé de revisiter mon répertoire, en mettant ma formation classique plus en avant. Ma musique a été ré-orchestrée pour un ensemble baroque and j’ai invité des solistes classiques de renommée mondiale.

C’était un honneur de partager ce moment avec le violoncelliste français Gautier Capucon , avec le contre ténor polonais Jakub....et le guitariste classique Thibaut Garcia. Ainsi qu’avec mon amie soprano Ida Falk-Wiland, les musiciens de l’orchestre de Versailles et les si brillants "Gospel pour 100 voix"

145588899_463582801326667_9194141671879201117_n.jpg

145149850_291430582540790_5918317123734473795_n.jpg

146093718_423753928944464_4510361258199570995_n.jpg

144948634_785954188796847_8132165313211369604_n.jpg

• Like 7

And on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/mikainstagram/

Tune in to @radioclassique tomorrow at 8.20am French time to here me talk about my concert at Versailles Royal Opera House! Je vous donne RV demain matin à 8h20 sur @radioclassique ! Pour parler musique, concert et du show de demain soir à 21h sur @france5, enregistré dans le cadre de Opera Royal! #OrchestraOperaRoyal @chateauversailles.spectacles @stefan.plewniak.evoe

146680962_825887231336091_827956004311180020_n.jpg

• Like 5