Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok updates - 2021

Mikasister

40 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Ha ha ha! I have a reservation of academic medicine. :wink2:

45 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

This is why I can understand it’s uses and how it has medical benefits and why Mika is Probally connected to it 

I just have some overall reservations of alternative medicine 

Before we get into a discussion about academic and alternative medicine: I personally think Mika promoting this product goes to show that he is always looking at things in a broader and a more colourful perspective, which is exactly in line with what he stands for (or at least this is my interpretation).

It provokes empathy, because probably most of us are reading up on this product to gain an understanding of it. To become more knowledgeable in the end ☺️ 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Before we get into a discussion about academic and alternative medicine: I personally think Mika promoting this product goes to show that he is always looking at things in a broader and a more colourful perspective, which is exactly in line with what he stands for (or at least this is my interpretation).

It provokes empathy, because probably most of us are reading up on this product to gain an understanding of it. To become more knowledgeable in the end ☺️ 

agreeded I don’t want to get into that debate which is why I didn’t respond to it 

This is Exacly how I see it if it helps people understand what’s it’s about people can understand what it’s for that’s important and if it’s helped Mika in the past I understand why he’s promoting it 

idk if that made any sense 

Edited by Rebecca Wiseman
I ramble and make no sense
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Thanks, that's a good way to look at it. You know, I'm biased, because my Mum is a big fan of supplements and alternative medicine and she doesn't believe in academic medicine anymore and refuses vaccines, for example. And keeps trying to convince me of the benefits of her supplements. And that is something that really annoys me (while my reluctance annoys her) and is a constant source of division in our family, especially since Covid. That's why I must admit that Mika's announcement makes me feel somewhat uneasy. But I know his goal in general is to connect and not to divide, so I hope I can change my perspective instead of feeling reminded of the bad emotions that come with people trying to convince me to do something I don't want to when it comes to supplements.

As for how Mika might use it, I read on their website that it helps with sleeping problems, and he said before that he does have trouble falling asleep while on tour. So maybe that, to calm down after a gig.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks, that's a good way to look at it. You know, I'm biased, because my Mum is a big fan of supplements and alternative medicine and she doesn't believe in academic medicine anymore and refuses vaccines, for example. And keeps trying to convince me of the benefits of her supplements. And that is something that really annoys me (while my reluctance annoys her) and is a constant source of division in our family, especially since Covid. That's why I must admit that Mika's announcement makes me feel somewhat uneasy. But I know his goal in general is to connect and not to divide, so I hope I can change my perspective instead of feeling reminded of the bad emotions that come with people trying to convince me to do something I don't want to when it comes to supplements.

As for how Mika might use it, I read on their website that it helps with sleeping problems, and he said before that he does have trouble falling asleep while on tour. So maybe that, to calm down after a gig.

You’ve pretty much summed up the reasons I’ve been weary as my mum sounds very similar to yours 

also I think CBD is meant to help with Anexity as well so maybe releve stress he has during tour 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Personally, I think a combination of academic and alternative medicine is the best. But I don't want to start a controversy here too...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Personally, I think a combination of academic and alternative medicine is the best. But I don't want to start a controversy here too...

I’m not saying I won’t use anything alternative, I have taken herbal stuff when I have a cold (enachia ect) but it’s being forced or constantly told what to try or how something is good for me 

I don’t want to get into a big debate or cause issues anywhere tho 

I think I’m going to stop commenting now as I’m ethier going to get mad or annoy someone 

Edited by Rebecca Wiseman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

I’m not saying I won’t use anything alternative, I have taken herbal stuff when I have a cold (enachia ect)

I wasn't referring directly to your comment, it was just a general statement. :original:

4 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

but it’s being forced or constantly told what to try or how something is good for me

Believe me, I know how annoying it is when someone tries to convince you to do something you don't want. I have been fighting this for years (but not in relation to academic and alternative medicine).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I think the important thing is, each to their own. Do what you want with your own body, as long as you don't hurt anyone else and don't try to force your opinion on others. So while with vaccines it's certainly a controversial topic whether you hurt others if you don't get vaccinated, with supplements I really don't care what my Mum or Mika take or don't take. But obviously, if Mika writes he invested in that company, it's a fine line between saying you like it and it helps you, and advertising it too aggressively because obviously if you own a share of a company you'll want to advertise what they sell. Mika has never been the type for aggressive advertising tho, so I guess it's ok.

But if he ends up trying to convince people more that they should use CBD than that he tries to convince them to listen to his music, I'll get angry with him, LOL! :sneaky2: :roftl:

• Like 6

I think Mika stole this idea from me :lmfao:

I never used CBD but I read a lot about weed and how it gave great results to heal some chronic diseases that nothing else could help coping with...my father had an orphan disease and he had to take morphin and other painkillers with tons of side effects and at that time I already wished he could have used weed which would have been less toxic and could have helped him with chronic pains....my aunt is 91 and has a lot of chronic pains too due to arthritis and maybe a cancer but the only painkillers she can handle are aspirins and they don't work at all so I bought CBD for her and she is a lot better...she feels less pain, she sleeps aĺl night, I'm happy it helps her and it has no side effects at all unlike chemical meds. I talked to many people about what a world of good it did to my aunt and all those people wanted to try it. As far as I am concerned I always look for natural remedies if I have anything and they work so well I never have to see a doc. CBD has only the good sides of weed and I believe Mika is right about it. After seeing that it works very well without any side effects on my aunt and that it really improved her daily life , her nurses told me many peopĺe they take care of are much better thanks to CBD as well. Shops are opening evèrywhere because more and more people try it and it helps them feel better without any side effects. Smart move Mika 💖💖💖🎉🎉🎉

• Like 6

To be honest, his commercial links aren't really what interests me the most about him. So, it doesn't bother me in what he invests since that's his money, and I understand why he wants to help if it helped him but for the rest, I don't really feel concerned.

I never loved to see him make TV commercials or those kinds of stuffs, though I'm used to it now. I don't think he's the type to try to convince, but if he  makes some advertisings I will probably make like I make for every commercial-related post he posts : just look quickly and then, pretty much ignore it. :lmfao:

It doesn't bother me, though I don't feel anything about it neither. 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 4

I've used complementary medicine occasionally. When I was a teenager (god, memories) I took starflower oil daily which worked well for my pmt and helped with cramps (I used to suffer badly - like curled up in a ball in agony and vomiting). The pills provided by the doctor didn't help, they actually made it worse. Fortunately things have improved since then. And I've taken things like milk thistle to support the bladder before a night out, and supplements like selenium and ginseng. I think they do have their place, if used responsibly (we still have to be careful about overdosing, side effects, and interactions with other medicines). But for big things, like when I had a massive benign tumour requiring a hysterectomy, I'll always listen to the doctors. 

I think the danger is that people can become too reliant on alternatives, thinking they can heal themselves, when actually they're managing the symptoms but not treating the cause of the illness, giving it chance to progress to a more advanced stage requiring more drastic intervention. 

Reading about CBD, it seems good, but there's a risk it could increase the side effects of my prescription (sertraline). More reading to do!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Prisca said:

IG story

Today I am happy to announce ...

grafik.png.371bbb384deb16f109a267d0d4a0ab7f.png

I just wish he'd chosen a photo where he actually LOOKED like he was happy to announce... whatever... He looks miserable here! LOL!

Anyhow, a propos of nothing really... just something we talked about on the Instagram Live today -- Mika mimicking Alan Cumming in one of his signature moves. I found the video where he talks about it here:

No further insight on his iconic "Relax" jump, though.... sorry.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I think Mika stole this idea from me :lmfao:

I never used CBD but I read a lot about weed and how it gave great results to heal some chronic diseases that nothing else could help coping with...my father had an orphan disease and he had to take morphin and other painkillers with tons of side effects and at that time I already wished he could have used weed which would have been less toxic and could have helped him with chronic pains....my aunt is 91 and has a lot of chronic pains too due to arthritis and maybe a cancer but the only painkillers she can handle are aspirins and they don't work at all so I bought CBD for her and she is a lot better...she feels less pain, she sleeps aĺl night, I'm happy it helps her and it has no side effects at all unlike chemical meds. I talked to many people about what a world of good it did to my aunt and all those people wanted to try it. As far as I am concerned I always look for natural remedies if I have anything and they work so well I never have to see a doc. CBD has only the good sides of weed and I believe Mika is right about it. After seeing that it works very well without any side effects on my aunt and that it really improved her daily life , her nurses told me many peopĺe they take care of are much better thanks to CBD as well. Shops are opening evèrywhere because more and more people try it and it helps them feel better without any side effects. Smart move Mika 💖💖💖🎉🎉🎉

Yes, Anne.

I think the most important in all of it is that you don't take CBD for a pleasure.

You take it when you need it.

I can't even imagine now that Mika fans start to buy CBD just to try it. It's not a drink or a cigarette. It's something that helps you with your health problems.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Patrycja said:

Ik weet uit eigen ervaring met CBD-olie dat als je wilt dat het resultaat oplevert, je het regelmatig en voor een lange tijd moet innemen. 

Het is niet psychoactief. :) 

This is going to look like an advertising site for this drug. Maybe a separate site for this discussion? 

20 minutes ago, Patrycja said:

Ik weet uit eigen ervaring met CBD-olie dat als je wilt dat het resultaat oplevert, je het regelmatig en voor een lange tijd moet innemen. 

Het is niet psychoactief. :) 

This is going to look like an advertising site for this drug. Maybe a separate site for this discussion?

• Like 1

Mika posted an IG story.

We don't see the palms of his hands, but the way he's holding his phone, I don't think he has an injured hand. And he is in a good mood. :yes:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Mika posted an IG story.

We don't see the palms of his hands, but the way he's holding his phone, I don't think he has an injured hand. And he is in a good mood. :yes:

And he's handsome too :swoon:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This song was used in a Dutch TV commercial for cookies…. I know what I will be hearing (and craving!) all day 🍪 🍪 🍪 

This is the Muppet Show song Mahna Mahna :wink2:

• Haha 5

Apparently the song was first used on the soundtrack of a softcore pseudo-documentary (reality show) about the sex lives of people in Sweden, for a sauna scene. :naughty:

Yeah, I'm going to assume Mika's reference point is The Muppet Show. :yes: :angelnot: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Fenny said:

Maybe a separate site for this discussion? 

good idea. Here's a thread where you can continue the discussions about Mika's investment in this CBD company:

He looks fab in the new story. :wub2: So, where is he? Paris for The Voice? Italy for Xfactor? They're both not live yet... Filming a music video for a new song? Something else? :dunno_grin:

• Like 4