Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok updates - 2021

Mikasister

1 hour ago, ~Wicky~ said:

To stay with the Eurovision song contest... Just heard a snippet of the episode 'Day after' of 'De officiële songfestival podcast'. They are interviewing Graham Norton and ask him about the contestant on behalf of the UK next year. You can already guess who he mentions as a participant :wink2:

The day after - De officiële songfestival podcast.wav 3.63 MB · 5 downloads

Why Graham thinks that Mika is not busy now????

Looks like he is not very aware what Mika is doing now.

He doesn't even know if he lives in UK... or France.... or anywhere in Europe :lol:

But it's nice he thought about Mika representing UK :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Why Graham thinks that Mika is not busy now????

Looks like he is not very aware what Mika is doing now.

He doesn't even know if he lives in UK... or France.... or anywhere in Europe :lol:

But it's nice he thought about Mika representing UK :wink2:

Maybe this is against popular opinion, but him performing as a guest act during the ESC 2022 and/or maybe be one of the presenters (they need around 4 presenters who are fluent in English, bonus if they are fluent in French (the other official ESC language) and since it will be in Italy.... in Italian 😉)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Maybe this is against popular opinion, but him performing as a guest act during the ESC 2022 and/or maybe be one of the presenters (they need around 4 presenters who are fluent in English, bonus if they are fluent in French (the other official ESC language) and since it will be in Italy.... in Italian 😉)

I don't follow the ESC, but if there are guest acts not representing a specific country and not taking part in the contest, that's what I could imagine him doing, possibly. But participating for a certain country or presenting... please no. :no: I can't see him as a presenter, yes he speaks the languages and surely he'd be able to do it if he wanted to. But idk, it's not very creative to just present other people's songs and the points they get for them? And participating for a certain country... well maybe Lebanon. Are they even part of the ESC? No idea. But not France or Italy or UK, he's all of that, not just one - and that goes for Lebanon as well, in fact. Anyway I can't see him do it, this direct competition, this getting points for songs and performances, I just feel that's not him. :dunno:

• Like 6

Just now, mellody said:

But participating for a certain country or presenting... please no. :no:

I agree. The only reason I brought up performing as a guest act, is because he does the same at Sanremo Festival. That is also the festival in Italy where the song that gets to go to the ESC is chosen, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 4:50 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think Mika didn't follow Eurovision so didn't know about other candidates.

Yes, I'm pretty sure he didn't. I'm aware of what he thinks about ESC. :wink2: In one interview (well probably not only in one interview :sweatdrop:) he answered to the journalist's question if he would contribute a song to ESC: Is it allowed to contribute a good song? :teehee: For me it was more: How long will it take him to find it out? :teehee: And of course he would rather find it out earlier if it is France or Italy and not Switzerland. And when he found out, he was probably like: Why is he participating, he CAN sing. Well at least he got a good position and they didn't let him down. :teehee:

On 5/24/2021 at 4:50 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, the public decides what they want.

Yes, they always do, they are very unpredictable. Switzerland became last year forth and this year third and before they often ended up at the bottom of the rankings. When I think of all the zero points Switzerland got over the years and the period when the Swiss thought: At least we didn't get zero points. :facepalm: I'm a bit scared for next year, now it can almost only go down again. I am curious to see who they will send next year. :dunno_grin:

Anyway, I think whatever people think about the ESC, I think for the people who finish in the top positions, it can be a real career booster. :original: I wish in any a case Gjon's Tears all the best for the future. :thumb_yello:

However, the last time Switzerland won was a long time ago. It was in 1988 and with a singer who I'm pretty sure you all know and is not really Swiss. Honesty, it almost needs a miracle for Switzerland to win again. Sorry for the off-topic, but I felt the need to share this.

:ot:

1 hour ago, mellody said:

And participating for a certain country... well maybe Lebanon.

Lebanon is not participating. Only European countries and Australia. :wink2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Prisca said:

Lebanon is not participating. Only European countries and Australia. :wink2:

Australia?! I don't really get the logic of the ESC, lol! :lmfao:

I thought that IF Lebanon was part of it, Mika could have used the occasion to raise awareness for his birth country and its problems to a very broad audience. That's what I could see him do, but not just getting points to win a song contest. 

Those photos with Beauregard are adorable! :wub2:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Prisca said:

However, the last time Switzerland won was a long time ago. It was in 1988 and with a singer who I'm pretty sure you all know and is not really Swiss. Honesty, it almost needs a miracle for Switzerland to win again. Sorry for the off-topic, but I felt the need to share this.

:offtopic:

Fun fact, apparently the Swiss song in 1988 should originally be sung by a Czech singer (Lenka Filipová) but she didn't get permission to travel and represent Switzerland so she was replaced by Céline Dion...and the rest is history. :naughty:

But regarding Mika, I don't see him doing Eurovision as well, neither as an artist, nor as a host, but he could be a guest like Afrojack etc. this year. 

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mellody said:

Australia?! I don't really get the logic of the ESC, lol!

Oh, I think nobody gets the logic of the ESC. :lmfao::teehee:

Apparently, the competition is broadcasted in Australia since 1983 and they were really interested in the show for years so they finally got the permission to participate in 2015 for the first time, even if they aren't in Europe. :lmfao:

Oh, and I forgot Azerbaijan, it is also not in Europe and it is participating. :teehee:

It seams that a country only needs to be in the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and then it can participate wherever it is on this planet. :original:

34 minutes ago, mellody said:

I thought that IF Lebanon was part of it, Mika could have used the occasion to raise awareness for his birth country and its problems to a very broad audience. That's what I could see him do, but not just getting points to win a song contest. 

Yes, I see the idea, but I think Mika would find another way to help Lebanon, considering what he thinks of the ESC. And yes, I also don't see Mika getting points to win a song contest. :original:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

6 uur geleden zei Marit R. Nielsen:

191125377_3914816558635833_1634656048526577779_n.jpg

192309081_2636488409977439_5466226424379272587_n.jpg

Awww! Dat is schattig! : wub2: Het lijkt erop dat ze een heel goede verbinding hebben. : wub2: # 2 coole gasten :)

Waww ... two very adorable boys!!! 💙💙💙💙

• Like 7

@Fenny, @Mikasister yes two cool boys..   how much sweetness in these photos .. Mika is the uncle that everyone would like, you can see that they love each other .. and this is important because it certainly helps Mika to get better and not think so much :hug::hug:mika is such a wonderful guy  Beauregarde is so lucky 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paoletta said:

@Fenny, @Mikasister ja twee stoere jongens ..    hoeveel zoetheid in deze foto's .. Mika is de oom die iedereen zou willen, je kunt zien dat ze van elkaar houden .. en dit is belangrijk want het helpt Mika zeker om beter te worden en niet zo veel na te denken  :knuffel::knuffel:mika is zo'n geweldige kerel. Beauregarde heeft zoveel geluk 

I totaly agree with you! My heart is full of love when I see those two guys enjoying each other 💙❤❤💙 Beauregard grows up in a close loving family I think!🙏 He looks like a friendly happy boy . Both boys by the way..💙❤ I love them both  😍 💙💙❤ and Mika is "the blue in me" (🎶my most favorite song 🎶)....

• Like 2

22 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Fun fact, apparently the Swiss song in 1988 should originally be sung by a Czech singer (Lenka Filipová) but she didn't get permission to travel and represent Switzerland so she was replaced by Céline Dion...and the rest is history. :naughty:

Oh, I didn't know that. And I also found out some days ago that Céline Dion actually only won by 1 point. :lmfao:

Sorry for the off-topic, I can't help doing it. :blush:

:sorry:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Oh, I didn't know that. And I also found out some days ago that Céline Dion actually only won by 1 point. :lmfao:

Sorry for the off-topic, I can't help doing it. :blush:

:sorry:

There is not a lot of on topic to talk about 🤣 momentarily at least 😉

• Haha 1