Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok updates - 2021

Mikasister

21 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

image.thumb.png.8bf29bd86b769614b308cd9b77ad1fba.png

Is this Mr Penniman senior? I am not sure.

Is this a cactus? Yes, I am sure  :aah:

Yes, it's definitely a cactus. :thumb_yello:

grafik.thumb.png.20c1d558d90af5cae076318039934b08.png

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

image.thumb.png.8bf29bd86b769614b308cd9b77ad1fba.png

Is this Mr Penniman senior? I am not sure.

Is this a cactus? Yes, I am sure  :aah:

Yes I think it's his Dad. The other girl in the kitchen tho, is it Yasmine / Zuleika, or someone else? Can't see her well but doesn't look familiar... maybe a friend of Paloma?

Cactus in his face and on his chest. :teehee: Anyway he looks fantastic. :wub2: A bit tired maybe - judging from all the Champagne and wine I see in his clip, they're probably having a lot of parties in the evenings. :naughty:

edit: ok that on the table what I thought is champagne might be water bottles. Anyway if he's partying every night I can't blame him, I guess I would too, it's been too long since my last night out, with this pandemic. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

A bit tired maybe - judging from all the Champagne and wine I see in his clip, they're probably having a lot of parties in the evenings. :naughty:

edit: ok that on the table what I thought is champagne might be water bottles. Anyway if he's partying every night I can't blame him, I guess I would too, it's been too long since my last night out, with this pandemic.

I'm not sure if he's just tired because of the parties. The situation in Lebanon and also in Afghanistan also seem to preoccupy him. :dunno:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You think he looks tired? I just think he looks like a regular 38 year old without studio lighting and make up 🙃

Look at his eyes (without fainting if possible :teehee:), they sparkle.

grafik.thumb.png.adb888502198f8ca8cde8f22a1917394.png

I don't think they put makeup in his eyes. :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Look at his eyes (without fainting if possible :teehee:), they sparkle.

grafik.thumb.png.adb888502198f8ca8cde8f22a1917394.png

I don't think they put makeup in his eyes. :teehee:

No haha, what I’m trying to say is, I think that’s just the way he looks as a regular person 🙃 no studio lighting no make up, just Mika.

But then I haven’t been following him as long as for example @mellodyhas, so I’m not that familiar with his face over the years. Just the one I draw! :lol3:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

No haha, what I’m trying to say is, I think that’s just the way he looks as a regular person 🙃 no studio lighting no make up, just Mika.

Yes, I understand what you mean. :wink2:

Sure he would look different with studio lightning and make up (they would have covered his crow's feet etc.), but there are just some things you can't change.

I don't know if I'm the only one who finds it strange that he didn't get in touch for a long time on his birthday and didn't show his face either. And he also showed the Oreo Cake very late. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold it against him, he will have his reasons, but I still find it strange. :dunno_grin:

He posted holiday photos for many days, up to and including Friday 14 August, then stopped.

On 15 August, he retweeted L'Orient Medical Center's post about running out of electricity on Monday. :emot-sad:

On 16 August, he tweets that the Taliban will soon be in Kabul and about the blackout in Lebanon. :emot-sad:

Also on 16 August, Mika liked a tweet from Tancrède Bonora, who writes about the bad situation in Lebanon. :emot-sad:

Radio silence on Monday and Tuesday.

I don't know, maybe there is also another reason for it, but I think he was not in a good mood for a few days. :sad:

Then came his birthday on Wednesday. He got in touch late, which I find strange, as I said. I think he knew that the fans expected him to get in touch, maybe do an Instagram Live or some other video and say thank you. He finally made a post on Instagram and Twitter thanking them in the evening. Of course, the expectation is also getting bigger because he posted a lot during his holidays and even before. And then he does less on his birthday than on many other days. I don't think he didn't make the videos because most people expected him to and I don't think he didn't make the videos to lower the expectations of the fans so they don't expect too much from him.

I don't think he was in a good mood, but maybe that's just my imagination. :dunno:

But I'm definitely glad that at least he seems to be doing better now. :yes:

54 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

But then I haven’t been following him as long as for example @mellodyhas, so I’m not that familiar with his face over the years. Just the one I draw! 

Yes, I certainly don't either. But I also think he looks tired in the videos. But of course I don't know if that's really the case. :dunno_grin:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

I'm not sure if he's just tired because of the parties. The situation in Lebanon and also in Afghanistan also seem to preoccupy him. :dunno:

Yes, you're right. I prefer to think of positive reasons to look tired, too much partying, but I agree with Prisca that the pause around his bday was unusual, compared to his happy holiday posts before that. The situation in Lebanon, maybe his family / friends there are directly affected now... and/or because it's his first bday without his Mum. He might have been partying, but well possible that he was dancing with tears in his eyes. :tears:

Anyway good to see him posting again. I think all the love he got for his bday might've helped. :wub2:

@holdingyourdrink it's not the missing make-up, it's his eyes. It's visible with or without make-up. For some time I thought I was imagining it, because he often looks like that... but meanwhile I'm pretty sure that it rather means he's tired that often. Working too much or worrying too much, maybe sometimes partying too much, either of these.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I don't know if I'm the only one who finds it strange that he didn't get in touch for a long time on his birthday and didn't show his face either. And he also showed the Oreo Cake very late. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold it against him, he will have his reasons, but I still find it strange. :dunno_grin:

I remember one or two interviews where Mika said that usually he doesn't celebrate his birthday. Usually he is travelling or working this day. On the Instagram from the past we don't see party posts every year.

I think this year maybe he was on a boat with his family and friends and it was not comfortable for him to connect with us?

Or maybe the internet wasn't good where he was at that moment?

Even the cakes were shown on a simple wooden table without any decoration. Although there was left only a half of the second cake. So for sure he was not alone :wink2: When Mika makes a party the table is full of food and beautifully decorated.

As well the moment was not very appropriate to show off with a birthday party after having  posted about Lebanon and Afganistan situation.

Or maybe there is any other reason?

For me it's not a problem. I am happy that so many fans and tv stations and radio stations and some celebrities posted for his birthday. When I opened Twitter all I saw were posts for Mika's birthday. And #happybirthdaymika was on the first place on Twitter trends :lol3:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I remember one or two interviews where Mika said that usually he doesn't celebrate his birthday. Usually he is travelling or working this day. On the Instagram from the past we don't see party posts every year.

I don't know what it was like before the pandemic, but it seems he's been posting more in general since the pandemic, from what I've heard. :dunno_grin:

5 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Even the cakes were shown on a simple wooden table without any decoration. Although there was left only a half of the second cake. So for sure he was not alone :wink2: When Mika makes a party the table is full of food and beautifully decorated.

Yes, I guess because they ate somewhere and not at his place and he didn't prepare a party.

7 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As well the moment was not very appropriate to show off with a birthday party after having  posted about Lebanon and Afganistan situation.

He hadn't posted anything for two days before his birthday. And I don't mean showing off with a party, but just making a short video to say thank you or something like that. And today it is only two days after his birthday and he shows how happy he is.

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For me it's not a problem. I am happy that so many fans and tv stations and radio stations and some celebrities posted for his birthday. When I opened Twitter all I saw were posts for Mika's birthday. And #happybirthdaymika was on the first place on Twitter trends :lol3:

That's definitely nice. :thumb_yello:

Whatever. He seems to be having quite a lot of fun at the moment. That's very positive. :yes:

• Like 1

@Priscayes i agree with you  also me think he  was not in a good mood .. maybe also because for him it was his first birthday without his mother, maybe he misses him a lot and it may happen that a few days he doesn't want to be seen... :tears:  in fact, if we look closely, his gaze is a bit sad.. he is not a beautiful smiling he has a veil of melancholy  poor Mika 

Edited by Paoletta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thanks Anna, I didn't realise he doesn't usually celebrate it. That makes sense now for me. 

Have to remember, he's not sentimental about things like that. ❤️ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Thanks Anna, I didn't realise he doesn't usually celebrate it. That makes sense now for me. 

Have to remember, he's not sentimental about things like that. ❤️ 

I don't know, I think he might not always celebrate it in an usual way, but the 2 "birthday gigs" I had the pleasure to attend (2010 and 2013) were very, very special, including an aftershow party for the fans. So when he says he's usually travelling or working on his bday, I think that's the way he wants to celebrate it, this is what he gets emotional about. Even if he might say something different in interviews, but it's obvious he enjoys all the love he gets on his special day. On his 30th he made the wish that on his 40th he'd be in the same situation, on stage, celebrating with his fans. Here he says it in French, from 2:25:

He said something similar again at the afterparty (tho not directly related to his bday, more a general wish), Deb reposted that on Instagram on Wednesday and it even got a like from Mika. :wub2:

And well he's travelling now as well, and obviously was touched by all the love he got from his fans online. Last year he did an Insta live for us, before celebrating a big party with his family. That's why I agree with Prisca's interpretation. Anyway of course there are other possible explanations for his absence earlier this week and for him not showing more of his bday to us than a clip of his cake. Well, whatever it was, it's good to see him back now, with his family, looking great, having fun. :wub2:

• Like 3