Mika with Lou Doillon on RTL - 10 Jan 2021

mellody

I've split this into its own thread -- I think the "French Press" thread should be for articles and other press, not discussions about particular appearances. :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

Ok I listened to most of it, but kept getting distracted - gotta listen again later when my kids are in bed, but I definitely need some help by our @Subtitling Team to understand everything. :rolleyes: :puppy_eyes:

I loved that he talked about how it felt to him doing the Versailles fireworks, would love to understand more of that! He said he was cold, didn't he? And that he felt tiny?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ok I listened to most of it, but kept getting distracted - gotta listen again later when my kids are in bed, but I definitely need some help by our @Subtitling Team to understand everything. :rolleyes: :puppy_eyes:

I loved that he talked about how it felt to him doing the Versailles fireworks, would love to understand more of that! He said he was cold, didn't he? And that he felt tiny?

He said that the situation was strange because for the fireworks night there was a lot of police and security around the palace. 

But at the moment the show starts he was ALONE!!!! ALL ALONE!!!. In a huge Versailles garden.

It was cold and the production proposed him do put a coat and a scarf but Mika refused. For the moment like this he HAD TO BE IN A SUIT!!!!

At the beginning he was cold. And he didn't know what to do. The moment was so special. What to do not to make too much?  So he stood up and started to make movements with his arms to the fireworks. And he felt so tiny!!!! It was like a child's dream. Dance with fireworks.

Lou said that it was her first impression seeing him there: Mika is tall but he looked soooo tiny!!!!!!!!!!! And she thought about Fantasia. And Mika agreed with her. Mika loves Fantasia and from the very young age he was obsessed by fire. Several times he almost burnt their place in Paris. Hopefully he didn't burnt Chateau de Versailles :lol:

• Like 6

21 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't like her voice, but his is just :swoon: those deep notes... :swoon:

Song: Diamonds and Rust by Joan Baez.

I love the deep notes to

As for Lou Doillon ,she's the daughter of Jane Birkin ......kindda the same type of voice tho

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

He said that the situation was strange because for the fireworks night there was a lot of police and security around the palace. 

But at the moment the show starts he was ALONE!!!! ALL ALONE!!!. In a huge Versailles garden.

It was cold and the production proposed him do put a coat and a scarf but Mika refused. For the moment like this he HAD TO BE IN A SUIT!!!!

At the beginning he was cold. And he didn't know what to do. The moment was so special. What to do not to make too much?  So he stood up and started to make movements with his arms to the fireworks. And he felt so tiny!!!! It was like a child's dream. Dance with fireworks.

Lou said that it was her first impression seeing him there: Mika is tall but he looked soooo tiny!!!!!!!!!!! And she thought about Fantasia. And Mika agreed with her. Mika loves Fantasia and from the very young age he was obsessed by fire. Several times he almost burnt their place in Paris. Hopefully he didn't burnt Chateau de Versailles :lol:

Haha, thanks! :lol: Yes, he talked about Fantasia at another point of the interview, I think the question was something like his ideal concert, where he could decide who is on stage?

I watched Fantasia on New Year's Eve, my son requested it, because we had watched it the previous year on NYE - actually that was the first time I had watched it from beginning to end. I could imagine it becoming some sort of NYE ritual for us to watch it, it somehow fits - indeed it's like a firework by itself. My fave part is the last story with the volcano, how everything grows and rises again from a situation that seems hopeless and devastating. Although actually this happens in most of the Fantasia stories, but this one is the most powerful to me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carafon said:

I love the deep notes to

As for Lou Doillon ,she's the daughter of Jane Birkin ......kindda the same type of voice tho

I think I heard the name Jane Birkin some time, but no idea who she is.

I don't know if it's the voice itself that bothers me, or the way she sings (this song), it just somehow makes me feel uncomfortable. Her speaking voice is ok, sounds actually nice.

And I can see why Mika says she's a good conversationalist - they were laughing a lot together, and she actually listened and reacted to the things he said. Quite the contrast to some other interviews. Like the one that the Subtitling team posted yesterday, that guy pretended to know a lot about Mika, but he obviously had no idea, some things he said just made me cringe. Like what he said about the song Sanremo.  :facepalm: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Haha, thanks! :lol: Yes, he talked about Fantasia at another point of the interview, I think the question was something like his ideal concert, where he could decide who is on stage?

Yes, he would like to invite Miki Mouse. Well the question was not about the concert but about a meeting but Mika made a whole "storyboard" with all these characters and artists entering the stage and following each other. And at the end there is a big armchair back to the public (I thought about The Voice :lol:  ). You can't see the person. There is only a smoke going up from behind.

And then the armchair turns around and who is sitting there? Barefoot Cesaria Evora. Mika saw her last concert in London.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think I heard the name Jane Birkin some time, but no idea who she is.

She's English and was married with Serge Gainsbourg for a while (she's the mother of the actress Charlotte Gainsbourg if you know who she is)

She was guest along with Mika a long time ago ( he said in the interview it was the third time he made an interview in France)

Not totaly sure , but  I think it was on Canal +and I remember the story of his mother calling restaurants for a reservation and the owner thought she was Jane Birkin because of her accent 

I'm editing because I found it back

(59) Mika interview en 2007 au grd journal de canal+ - YouTube

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

think I heard the name Jane Birkin some time, but no idea who she is.

Jane BIrkin is Lou's mother.

She is an English actor (maybe you know the movie Blow-up.

She was Serge Gainsbourg's wife. She sang this famous song "Je t'aime, moi non plus".

There is a bag "Birkin" created by Jean-Louis Dumas for Hermes.

image.thumb.png.b3dc3bbb1248a46088aa20bef0865e07.png

Mika talks about his meeting with Jane when he was young.

• Thanks 2

I suppose the replay will be here?

https://www.6play.fr/lou-et-moi-p_18039 ... so far they haven't put it there tho.

There was one question I missed almost completely, because my kids were distracting me - I think she asked him sth like what he'd do if he was a woman? Not sure I understood it right... I was listening with half an ear and I remember at one point he talked about Big Girl. What did they say there?

• Like 3

I don't remember exactly, he said that he imagine himself being a woman many times because he grew up with 3 sisters and always thought what would be different if he was a woman, he thinks that he didn't have to face a lot of the things his sisters had to deal with because he is a man. He also said that virility and masculine aspects are not a preoccupation for him and he wasn't raised this way, if he was a woman he would be a butch with short hair and he emphasizes the idea of being a butch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1