Mika @ l'Opéra Royal de Versailles broadcast on 3 Feb. on CultureBox / 5 Feb. 2021 France5

Kumazzz

La meteo pour les pecheurs (from Love Today intro)

The Fishing Forecast from BBC Radio

Here is an example of the forecast from BBC radio Mika is mentioning:

EDIT - I've added the forecast read by a male voice. Here is the link:

Male voice:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000rn9z

Female voice:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p02prnm4

And here is the Love Today Intro translation from French:

I like a lot to listen to the radio. I don't like too much to listen to the music on the radio. But there is one thing on the English radio in the evening that I love. It's the fishing forecast. If you don't know it, I am sure you would like it too. Even if you don't understand a word. There is nothing to understand. If you are not a fisher. 

There is this very serious voice which announces in a very noble way - monotone - even at the worst moments during the war  announced in the same way. The presence which never stopped - it was always there - the fishing forecast.

I have no idea what they are saying but I would like to give you the best picture of this marvelous voice ....

(Mika starts to quote the forecast)

I thought that it would be so beautiful if only for one time in the history of this voice ... if we would just change the text.

"Dogger 72 wind 34 calm and steady... but do not worry...  everybody's gonna love today love today love today.

Everybody's gonna love today. Anyway you want to. Anyway you've got to  love love me.... love love me

love love me"

So tomorrow we'll have no fish. But we will have love.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I like a lot to listen to the radio. I don't like too much to listen to the music on the radio. But there is one thing on the English radio in the evening that I love. It's the fishing forecast. If you don't know it, I am sure you would like it too. Even if you don't understand a word. There is nothing to understand. If you are not a fisher. 

There is this very serious voice which announces in a very noble way - monotone - even at the worst moments during the war  announced in the same way. The presence which never stopped - it was always there - the fishing forecast.

I have no idea what they are saying but I would like to give you the best picture of this marvelous voice ....

I thought that it would be so beautiful if only for one time in the history of this voice ... if we would just change the text.

"Dogger 72 wind 34 calm and steady... but do not worry...  everybody's gonna love today love today love today.

Everybody's gonna love today. Anyway you want to. Anyway you've got to  love love me.... love love me

love love me"

I expected the voice of a man 🙈

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Kumazzz changed the title to Mika @ l'Opéra Royal de Versailles broadcast on 5 Feb. 2021 viahttps://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/35225-mika-lop%C3%A9ra-royal-de-versailles-broadcast-on-5-feb-2021-via-france-5/ France 5
  • Kumazzz changed the title to Mika @ l'Opéra Royal de Versailles broadcast on 3 Feb. on CultureBox / 5 Feb. 2021 France5

I watched the concert for the first time on Friday and I must admit that it was so beautiful and even more meaningful having in mind the fact that it was the last performance seen by Mika's mum…. I can’t even find the proper words to describe it! It was such an emotional ride…. So incredible and yet so heartbreaking…

I really like the idea of putting the world of classical music and Mika’s crazy world together. I had goosebumps when I heard this remarkable performance of „Over my shoulder” sung together with Jakub Józef Orliński – I’m so proud of my compatriot! :lustslow:I was also so happy to hear „Les baisers perdus'' and „Tomorrow” – ones of my favourite songs. All the musicians who participated in this masterpiece did a great job – the combination of classical music with Mika’s voice was mesmerising. To sum up, I think that these symphonic concerts show that Mika is such a versatile artist who feels so comfortable with various kinds of music.

I'm sure I'll rewatch it soon!

:cloud:

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Male voice:

love love me"

I loved that bit, it's so powerful! :fangurl:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Male voice:

Female voice:

love love me"

To continue the topic of the Love Today intro:

In the interview for FranceInfo (Le Monde d'Elodie) the 5th of February 2021 Mika sais:

In this concert, you revisit titles that we all know, and for example on Love Today, you make a nod to the marine weather forecast which was intended for fishermen.

Mika: In England there is this marine weather which is the most constant thing on the airwaves on British radio. And it's very beautiful to listen to, even if you don't understand all the words because there are all these codes. And I often listened to it because I couldn't sleep, it was on the BBC very late at night.

And one evening, I said to myself: "It would be funny if all of a sudden with the same voice, he started to announce his love to me"? And the beginning of Love Today, the first inspiration, comes from that. And the first demo it was me copying that voice for the whole intro of the song. I didn't keep it but still, it remains a starting point and I also wanted to express and explain the backdrop of the songs. Because a song is a little movie. And why not go behind it once in a while"?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

42 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

To continue the topic of the Love Today intro:

In the interview for FranceInfo (Le Monde d'Elodie) the 5th of February 2021 Mika sais:

In this concert, you revisit titles that we all know, and for example on Love Today, you make a nod to the marine weather forecast which was intended for fishermen.

Mika: In England there is this marine weather which is the most constant thing on the airwaves on British radio. And it's very beautiful to listen to, even if you don't understand all the words because there are all these codes. And I often listened to it because I couldn't sleep, it was on the BBC very late at night.

And one evening, I said to myself: "It would be funny if all of a sudden with the same voice, he started to announce his love to me"? And the beginning of Love Today, the first inspiration, comes from that. And the first demo it was me copying that voice for the whole intro of the song. I didn't keep it but still, it remains a starting point and I also wanted to express and explain the backdrop of the songs. Because a song is a little movie. And why not go behind it once in a while"?

Thanks a lot @Anna Ko Kolkowska

I guess Mika listened BBC Radio 4 Shippping Forecast.

Here is a YouTube Shipping Forecast read by Peter Jefferson.

He is often dubbed "Voice of the Shipping Forecast".

I'd love to listen Shipping Forecast read by Mika on BBC4.:swoon:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 2

Stefan Plewniak ( Conductor )

Facebook

2tnS0ploel unDnelccsoearlmcibeedmrrd 2020g  · Versailles, France 

Tonight very special night hosted by @Laurent Brunner and @Chateau Versailles Spectacle broadcast by France TV on air right now, with cream de la cream : @L’Orchestre de l’Opera Royale Versailles and soecial guests among others @Gautier Capuçon. Wait, there will be a surprise after midnight. We will welcome the new 2021 with @Mika ! Stay tuned for more details where and when. This will be masive!!!

stefan.plewniak.thumb.jpg.074fb5b0e4bb871393e9eafe9c9889e8.jpg

4 lFebirgttergfuharsSpyon hascrut sio1rreoc9:0o1d 

I'm very happy to share with you this short teaser of the concert in Château de Versailles that I had great joy and fun to conduct with L'Orchestre de l'Opera Royale Versailles in Decembre. It will be lanced tomorrow in TV France 5 so Friday evening at 20:50. Don't miss it! For those of you who don't have a chance to see in in the "TV France 5" I will try to get some excerpts of the concert tomorrow. Enjoy!!!
Together with :

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17919351064557268/

YouTube

Happy Ending

Underwater

Love Today

Baisers Perdus - duo with Thibaut Garcia

FULL concert

• Like 4

FROM MIKAINSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLb6OEUl4GY/

NUOVO LIVE ALBUM!

So happy to announce that the live album recorded at the Royal Opera House of Versailles will be available from midnight local time (19th February) globally on digital platforms.

Download HERE: MIKA.lnk.to/ALORDV

"The singer delivers a sublime performance, intimate and delicate" Le Parisien
"A unique and bewitching moment, a classical performance" Claire Chazal (Passage des Arts)
“Mika keeps a thirst for life (…), an abundant culture, a true originality” Le Monde

I know many of you haven’t been able to watch this show yet as we await further international TV broadcasts but I thought it was so special that we had to release it globally as a live album. A completely new show with new arrangements, some of the biggest stars of classical music, recorded in one of the most iconic opera houses in the world. The show is a poetic journey and super powerful to listen to. I hope you you enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed making it. With the participation of Symphony Orchestra of the Royal Opera of Versailles conducted by @stefan.plewniak.evoe, @GautierCapuçon, @thibautgarciaguitar, @jakub.jozef.orlinski, @IdaFalkWinland and @the100voicesofgospel

Très heureux d’annoncer que l’album live du concert enregistré à l’Opéra Royal de Versailles sera disponible ce soir à minuit (heures locales) sur toutes les plateformes digitales.

"Le chanteur livre un sublime concert , intimiste et délicat” Le Parisien
"Un moment unique et envoutant une performance classique” Claire Chazal (Passage des Arts)
"Mika conserve un appétit de la vie , une culture foisonnante, une originalité assumée.” Le Monde

Je sais que beaucoup d’entre vous n’ont pas encore pu voir ce show, mais cette soirée était si spéciale que nous avons souhaité la partager comme un album live, sur toutes les plateformes . C’est un show complètement différent, avec de nouveaux arrangements, quelques-unes des plus grandes stars du classique et, enregistré dans un des plus beaux opéra du monde. Le show est un voyage poétique extrêmement touchant. J’espère que vous prendrez autant de plaisir à l’écouter que nous en avons eu à le faire.

#orchestraoperaroyal

151046573_233903415038925_5588718386992481152_n.jpg

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

Donna Moderna ( Italian magazine )

On 3/12/2021 at 5:18 AM, Kumazzz said:

Donna Moderna
11 Mar 2021

:italia:

PLAYLIST

CHE SI FA MIKA A VERSAILLES ?

Nella celebre reggia il cantante ha interpretato le sue hit accompagnato da un’orchestra sinfonica.

Un concerto tra pop e classica che diventa ora un album

Ti sei fatta l’idea che Mika sia una sorta di lord prestato alla musica pop? Goditi il suo nuovo album, che non farà che confermare questa impressione. Mika a l’Opera Royal de Versailles, disponibile su tutte le piattaforme musicali digitali, è la registrazione di un concerto speciale che l’artista anglo-libanese ha tenuto lo scorso dicembre. In un luogo magico e ricco di storia come l’Opéra Royal, il settecentesco teatro della reggia di Versailles, ha presentato i suoi successi più importanti con arrangiamenti a metà tra il classico e il pop. Grazie all’accompagnamento dell’orchestra sinfonica diretta da Stefan Plewniak e all’apporto di illustri musicisti di musica classica, le sue hit - da Grace Kelly a Ice cream,a Relax, take it easy - si sono messe l’abito da sera per una versione intima e ricca di fascino.

:uk:

PLAYLIST

WHAT DOES MIKA DO IN VERSAILLES?

In the famous palace, the singer performed his hits accompanied by a symphony orchestra.

A concert between pop and classical that now becomes an album

Did you get the idea that Mika is a kind of lord on loan to pop music? Enjoy her new album, which will only confirm this impression. Mika at the Opera Royal de Versailles, available on all digital music platforms, is the recording of a special concert that the Anglo-Lebanese artist held last December. In a magical place rich in history such as the Opéra Royal, the eighteenth-century theater of the palace of Versailles, you presented your most important hits with arrangements halfway between classic and pop. Thanks to the accompaniment of the symphony orchestra conducted by Stefan Plewniak and the contribution of illustrious classical musicians, his hits - from Grace Kelly to Ice cream, to Relax, take it easy - have put on the evening dress for an intimate and charming version.

1533062407_DonnaModernaN.13_11_Marzo_2021_p._117.thumb.jpg.50dce8c4fba63cec82d0cbac50efca1f.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Twitter

https://twitter.com/HeleneHPDV/status/1395068025817141251

ce soir à 21h05, re/voyez sur #Culturebox Le concert exceptionnel de

à l'Opéra royal de Versailles avec l'Orch.

I Falk-Wiland JJ Orliński, qui vient d'être nommé parrain du #ClubdesJeunesMécènes

Thibaut Garcia Gospel100Voix

• Like 1