Hello all, I'm Andrea, a new (old) fan from the UK

Hero

Hi everyone! My name is Andrea (she/her) and I'm in the North-East UK. My age? Ahhh... older than I like, I recently turned 47. Eek. But I'm young at heart, so what's an age anyway? 😂 I rediscovered Mika over the Christmas lockdown, initially from seeing him in clips online from The Voice France. I was intrigued that this generous, charming, polished, cheeky gentleman was the same curly headed boy who had hit the charts with Grace Kelly. I remembered how much I had enjoyed his music before, so looked him up online, read his history (incredible) and listened to the songs I'd missed out on, and oh my goodness what an absolute pleasure. Such fantastic tunes, rhythms, melodies and lyrics. I heard the joyous Origin of Love for the first time, the hedonistic Tomorrow, the lively Elle Me Dit, the beautiful if heart rending Over my Shoulder. So many great songs. At a time when I was quite low and isolated, his music, live performances, and sheer energy and enjoyment of life brought a new glow to my jaded heart, and I will forever love him for that. Thank you Mika for bringing sunshine back into my life, even if you don't know it. 😊❤️

TLDR: this man is amazing, Mika freak for life! 

• Like 11

Welcome to the MFC, Andrea! I'm Sara :bye: the end of your introduction put a big smile on my face, it's always so nice to read how much Mika and his music can do for other people! 

Here’s a list of all the info you’ll need to start exploring the forum:

If you need anything, we're here to help!

Have a lot of fun ^_^

• Like 2

Oh, what a lovely welcome! Thank you all so much! You guys rock! I'll read the info and follow the other platforms, thanks! 

@TinyLove_CJ  I'm in East Yorkshire, Humber area. Hmm, I wonder how many of us there are? 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hero said:

@TinyLove_CJ  I'm in East Yorkshire, Humber area. Hmm, I wonder how many of us there are? 

I'm in the West! Not sure if there are anymore northerners here, we're a varied bunch with fans all around the world! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23-2-2021 at 22:25, Hero said:

Hallo iedereen! Mijn naam is Andrea (zij / haar) en ik ben in het noordoosten van UK. Mijn leeftijd? Ahhh ... ouder dan ik wil, ik ben onlangs 47 geworden. Eek. Maar ik ben jong van hart, dus wat is een leeftijd eigenlijk? Ik heb Mika herontdekt tijdens de kerstsluiting, aanvankelijk door hem te zien in clips online van The Voice France. Ik was geïntrigeerd dat deze gulle, charmante, gepolijste, brutale heer dezelfde jongen met krullend hoofd was die de hitlijsten had gehaald met Grace Kelly. Ik herinnerde me hoeveel ik eerder van zijn muziek had genoten, dus zocht hem online op, las zijn geschiedenis (ongelooflijk) en luisterde naar de nummers die ik had gemist, en oh mijn hemel, wat een absoluut genoegen. Zulke fantastische deuntjes, ritmes, melodieën en teksten. Ik hoorde voor het eerst de vreugdevolle Oorsprong van Liefde, de hedonistische Tomorrow, de levendige Elle Me Dit, het mooie als hart dat over mijn schouder verscheurde. Zoveel geweldige liedjes. In een tijd dat ik vrij laag en geïsoleerd was, brachten zijn muziek, liveoptredens en pure energie en levensvreugde een nieuwe gloed in mijn afgematte hart, en daarom zal ik voor altijd van hem houden. Bedankt Mika voor het terugbrengen van de zon in mijn leven, zelfs als je het niet weet.

TLDR: deze man is geweldig, Mika freak voor het leven! 

Hi Andrea:mika3:

I love this introduction!

Welcome and have fun with us!:yay:

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:25 PM, Hero said:

Hi everyone! My name is Andrea (she/her) and I'm in the North-East UK. My age? Ahhh... older than I like, I recently turned 47. Eek. But I'm young at heart, so what's an age anyway? 😂 I rediscovered Mika over the Christmas lockdown, initially from seeing him in clips online from The Voice France. I was intrigued that this generous, charming, polished, cheeky gentleman was the same curly headed boy who had hit the charts with Grace Kelly. I remembered how much I had enjoyed his music before, so looked him up online, read his history (incredible) and listened to the songs I'd missed out on, and oh my goodness what an absolute pleasure. Such fantastic tunes, rhythms, melodies and lyrics. I heard the joyous Origin of Love for the first time, the hedonistic Tomorrow, the lively Elle Me Dit, the beautiful if heart rending Over my Shoulder. So many great songs. At a time when I was quite low and isolated, his music, live performances, and sheer energy and enjoyment of life brought a new glow to my jaded heart, and I will forever love him for that. Thank you Mika for bringing sunshine back into my life, even if you don't know it. 😊❤️

TLDR: this man is amazing, Mika freak for life! 

Hi and welcome! :welcomeani: I love your story of rediscovering Mika, it's always fab to read about people finding out how amazing he is. :mikalove: And don't worry about age, I'm also in my 40s and a huge Mika fan since 14 years - Mika appeals to all generations. At his concerts it's always such a diverse audience, and he brings us all together. :wub2:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...