Hello all, I'm Andrea, a new (old) fan from the UK

Hi everyone! My name is Andrea (she/her) and I'm in the North-East UK. My age? Ahhh... older than I like, I recently turned 47. Eek. But I'm young at heart, so what's an age anyway? 😂 I rediscovered Mika over the Christmas lockdown, initially from seeing him in clips online from The Voice France. I was intrigued that this generous, charming, polished, cheeky gentleman was the same curly headed boy who had hit the charts with Grace Kelly. I remembered how much I had enjoyed his music before, so looked him up online, read his history (incredible) and listened to the songs I'd missed out on, and oh my goodness what an absolute pleasure. Such fantastic tunes, rhythms, melodies and lyrics. I heard the joyous Origin of Love for the first time, the hedonistic Tomorrow, the lively Elle Me Dit, the beautiful if heart rending Over my Shoulder. So many great songs. At a time when I was quite low and isolated, his music, live performances, and sheer energy and enjoyment of life brought a new glow to my jaded heart, and I will forever love him for that. Thank you Mika for bringing sunshine back into my life, even if you don't know it. 😊❤️

TLDR: this man is amazing, Mika freak for life! 

• Like 9
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! My name is Andrea (she/her) and I'm in the North-East UK. My age? Ahhh... older than I like, I recently turned 47. Eek. But I'm young at heart, so what's an age anyway? 😂 I rediscovered M

Oh, what a lovely welcome! Thank you all so much! You guys rock! I'll read the info and follow the other platforms, thanks!  @TinyLove_CJ  I'm in East Yorkshire, Humber area. Hmm, I wonder how ma

Hi Andrea and welcome to the MFC     Mika's music has kept many of us going during the Covid crisis

Welcome to the MFC, Andrea! I'm Sara :bye: the end of your introduction put a big smile on my face, it's always so nice to read how much Mika and his music can do for other people! 

Here’s a list of all the info you’ll need to start exploring the forum:

If you need anything, we're here to help!

Have a lot of fun ^_^

• Like 2

Hello Andrea and welcome to the MFC. Hope you have a lot of fun here- Enjoy Mika, his music and make good friends. And don't worry, age is just a number. :naughty: Mika makes us feel young.  :wub2:

:welcomeani:

• Like 1

Oh, what a lovely welcome! Thank you all so much! You guys rock! I'll read the info and follow the other platforms, thanks! 

@TinyLove_CJ  I'm in East Yorkshire, Humber area. Hmm, I wonder how many of us there are? 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Hero said:

@TinyLove_CJ  I'm in East Yorkshire, Humber area. Hmm, I wonder how many of us there are? 

I'm in the West! Not sure if there are anymore northerners here, we're a varied bunch with fans all around the world! 

• Like 1