MIKA Gives Colors Back to Paris! New Art Project

dcdeb

48 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I get the gist of what Mika is saying but will English subtitles be coming soon? Please @Subtitling Team 🙏

Beside the project itself ....

He said that he's in Italy for a tv show

Probably  "la canzone segretta" ???

He'll come back in Paris to "glu" the first poster this sunday

He thinks that it will last longer than expected to be able to come back to shows the way they were before the pandemic but when it will be possible there will be an huge explosion

He talked about resilience and shortly about his mom

Around 7 minutes we can ear some dogs ....:naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

mikainstagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLxQatAFldV/

Paris
:uk:
New art project starting in a few days in the streets of Paris! Inspired by a journey in the city in late December, and seeing the posters for canceled releases and exhibitions, I thought how amazing it would be to replace them with art and colour! With the help of @jcdecauxglobal @madparis @paris_maville we have managed to reclaim thousands of advertising boards, which from next Wednesday will become an enormous ephemeral gallery with 10 original artworks, by myself as well as multinational artists and illustrators working in Paris, bringing colour and emotion to the streets. #mikacoloreparis #mikacoloursparis #madparis #museedesartsdecoratifs
:france:
Nouveau projet artistique démarrant dans quelques jours dans les rues de Paris! Inspiré par une ballade dans la capitale fin décembre, et en voyant les affiches des films, des concerts, des pièces et des expositions annulées, j'ai pensé à quel point ce serait puissant de les remplacer par de l'art et de la couleur! Avec l'aide de @jcdecauxglobal @madparis @paris_maville, nous avons réussi à récupérer des milliers de panneaux publicitaires, qui à partir de mercredi prochain deviendront une énorme galerie éphémère avec 10 œuvres originales, réalisées par moi-même et des artistes et illustrateurs multinationaux travaillant à Paris, apportant de la couleur et l'émotion dans les rues. #mikacoloreparis #mikacoloursparis #madparis #museedesartsdecoratifs

Twitter

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Mika is in Rome now and tonight he is recording a program and just after he goes to Paris for the preparation of the posters project.

The idea of the posters came to him at the end of December - beginning of January. He was in a taxi. On the left he was passing next to the Palais de Tokio - closed. On the other side there were the posters (adds) for the movies which could not be seen, of the exhibitions which were closed. Why can't we use these posters for something different? Maybe just for the colors? But we can add a story behind it. So he decided to find some artists working in Paris. To find items which have never been shown. A color without emotions is nothing. So we really needed some stories behind the paintings.

So Mika, Paloma and the director of the Musee des Arts Decoratifs have found 60 artists and chosen 9 of them. They are not famous artists. They work for brands, for the press. And Mika was working with Yasmine. 

This project reminds an old posters from La Belle Epoque. It was the time of  beginning of the printed posters.

The pandemic made us reevaluate certain things around us.

It is really hard to have a possibility to put a poster on the "collone Morris"

(it's a special place for advertisings in Paris - specially movies and theatres).

image.thumb.png.f958a074b8b2156cafa5dd4d26762e74.png

What Mika misses the most is not the fact that the movies or shows were closes and we can't watch anything but he misses the "communion d'esprit" (communion of spirits) which gathers strangers to live together the same emotions, to be on the same wave.

So what if we make this collective gesture just to put some poetic collective feeling to the city? The feeling we miss so much nowadays.

Mika will install by himself the first poster this Sunday. For the first week there is almost 3'000 posters to install. They will be ready for Wednesday. It will take 4 weeks in the whole Paris.

Mika is knows for his smile, his laughter, for his very positive attitude. Is he able to keep this freshness despite the pandemic, despite the life filled with sadness and tragic moments?

He must to reach deeper. You have to be inspired as well by the things that hurt. You have to transform them. 

There is a lot of changes in my life in the same way as in others' lives. Even if I went through horrible moments... There is a beauty in finding a way to be reborn and become stronger. It's important not only in drawing but in life. It's inspiring.

And this is you state of mind today?

Yes, I am looking a way to provoke myself. Of course it's not my constant state of mind. It would be ridiculous. But from time to time I say to myself: OK. I'm in it. Let's do it.

The journalist asks directly: You lost your mother recently.

Yes, I lost my mom, but I lost as well a friend. We worked together from the time I was 7 yo. When people have seen us on the backstage or during a tour they didn't even know she was my mom because our relation was very direct. So I lost a person which was very close to me, who was enjoying the time, she was enjoying making projects like this one. I am sure she would like this project. It's as well for her. 

Then the journalist asks about Beirut: After 6 months do you believe that the situation in Beirut, in Lebanon will get better?

Situation is really complicated. Does the futur looks better? No. There is so many thing to rebuild. It will take time. But what I believe is this resilience of the country and of Lebanese people. 

They change the topic again. This time it's the concert in Versailles.

This is very rare that a concert pop is possible in this opera. So when the opportunity occurred I decided to do something different. For more this is so hard to make a concert today. You know what is in common in these two projets: the posters and the concert in Opera? Usually - in normal conditions - you say to the musicians : we have 4 days to create a concert with arrangements which are not created yet, we will invent everything in a rehearsal room. Are gonna do it? Normally they say: you are crazy! Maybe in one year!  But now it becomes possible. Urgency provokes that people have to collaborate and it can be really useful to the culture. 

Can you imagine how the concerts will look like in the future? Will they be like before (the pandemic)?

I think that the transition will take much longer that we want to admit. And this is the negative part. And the positive part is that for sure it will come back. And it will be like an explosion. It will be great. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

They are all so beautiful! As well as prints maybe a little art zine could be released too to include all the artists! 🤔

The museum Mika is collaborating with does have an online shop, it's only a little expensive... €300+ for prints, posters and paintings isn't too bad right? :uhno:

Mika's reminds me of his Swatch watch designs with the bright colours, naked man and the beetles! 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Mika's reminds me of his Swatch watch designs with the bright colours, naked man and the beetles! 

And a bit of the "boum boum boum" animated video too

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

from Twitter

Demain 7h40 sur #Europe1
@mikasounds donne de ses nouvelles ! Il parlera de ses projets d’écriture et retour sur scène comment il vit la pandémie #covid19 et le lancement de son projet d’affichage d’œuvres d’art #Mika

Tomorrow 7:40 am on #Europe1 @mikasounds gives some news! He will talk about his writing and return to stage projects 🎤, how he is dealing with the#covid19 pandemic and the launch of his art display project 🎨 at

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

from Twitter

Demain 7h40 sur #Europe1
@mikasounds donne de ses nouvelles ! Il parlera de ses projets d’écriture et retour sur scène comment il vit la pandémie #covid19 et le lancement de son projet d’affichage d’œuvres d’art #Mika

Tomorrow 7:40 am on #Europe1 @mikasounds gives some news! He will talk about his writing and return to stage projects 🎤, how he is dealing with the#covid19 pandemic and the launch of his art display project 🎨 at

Europe 1

Europe Matin Week-end

• REPLAY

https://www.europe1.fr/emissions/linterview-verite-du-week-end/je-ne-voulais-pas-ecrire-dans-le-vide-comment-mika-prepare-son-retour-sur-scene-4028166

"Je ne voulais pas écrire dans le vide" : comment Mika prépare son retour sur scène
 07h59, le 28 février 2021

AUDIO ( m4a / 7.3 MB ) 2021.02.28_Europe1_Je-ne-voulais-pas-ecrire-dans-le-vide-comment-Mika-prepare-son-retour-sur-scene-3005020.mp3

@Subtitling Team I know you are so busy now, could you help us when you have a time to do ? :pray:

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1