Hi! Here's my introduction

Ashley4583

Hi everyone! Glad to be here. My name is Ashley and I was born in 1983 :lol3: I live outside of Atlanta, GA. My first experience with hearing Mika's music was sometime during 2007. I was in my bedroom watching MTV. A show had just finished and during the credits, MTV would do a split screen and play a small clip of a music video. It was "Grace Kelly". It was love a first sight! I immediately tried to track down what this song was and who was singing it. I began listening to Mika's music and felt as if life couldn't get any better.

In 2013, I got married. My now husband knew about my love for Mika's music, and I was thrilled when he agreed that we should play "Origin of Love" during our ceremony. So, as we finished saying our vows, our DJ played the song softly. As the officiant pronounced us husband and wife, we timed our kiss to the song when the long "loooooooove" happened in the song. It was amazing!

In September 2019, my husband and I flew to New York City to attend the "Tiny Love Tiny Tour" at Brooklyn Steel. It was in the top 3 moments of my life - to attend the show, to sing my heart out, and having the opportunity to meet Mika after the show! 

A few months later, Mika announced his North American dates for the Revolution Tour. I purchased tickets for the Atlanta, GA show. I was so excited to see Mika twice in a matter of months. Then, Covid-19 happen. On March 13, 2020, exactly 6 months after the Brooklyn Steel show I attended, Mika cancelled the remaining dates of his tour. I was devastated, but I completely understand why. 

Now, like everyone else, we wait for Covid-19 to pass so we can move forward with concerts again! 

• Like 12

Hi Ashley and welcome to the MFC  :welcomeani: I love your introduction :wub2:  If you want to chat with other american fans and share your love for Mika you can do it here:

I hope you enjoy this forum!  :wink2:

• Thanks 1

Hi Ashley :welcomeani:  

I'm C.J from the UK 😊

If I ever get married the theme would just be 'Mika' 😅, it sounds so lovely to have Mika's music played at the ceremony! 

We're all certainly looking forward to when Mika's back on stage again, hopefully soon! 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome :welcomeani:

Nice to meet you and that you finally joined us here as you are fan from the very beginning. :original:

This song is really perfect for a weeding. :lustslow: But I'm not sure if I ever find someone who can understand my passion for Mika and his music. :aah:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...