Mika guest at Ça Finit Bien La Semaine 2 April 2021 at 19h on TVA

Gabry74

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Probably he was talking about being only him and Andy alone this time, during his tours they were surrounded by many people from his team, friends and family. And the same during holidays.

It was a nice interview, mostly the usual stories that we knew, just a bit confusing when they said his mother passed away in December and Mika said yes :dunno: 

Not only being alone .......but with nothing to do !

I think that it makes a huge différence!

Also not to forget that it was Andy's flat

For someone who is used to say that he needs to control everything , it was certainly a difficult situation.

As for the dates , it seems that Mika is not realy somebody who takes care of them ....he's even not sure if he's whith Andy from 14 or 15 years !

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, carafon said:

he's even not sure if he's whith Andy from 14 or 15 years !

Perhaps it's in between and that's why,  and with this occasion I've learned a new French word: gaspillé :teehee:  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, carafon said:

No solo estar solo ... ¡sino sin nada que hacer!

¡Creo que hace una gran diferencia!

Además, no olvidar que era el piso de Andy.

Para alguien que suele decir que necesita controlarlo todo, sin duda fue una situación difícil.

En cuanto a las fechas, parece que Mika no es realmente alguien que las cuide ... ¡ni siquiera está seguro de si está con Andy de 14 o 15 años!

about the dates ... I understood that he talks about a moment where they had been together for 14 years. Now 15 years ago and in September of this year it will be 16 years.

And about the first 15 days that they were alone and in confinement ... its wonderful that the situation was solved only in 15 days and then they were fine. After the months that we all live in confinement, it is easy to understand that you could go crazy.

I was referring to the fact that they arent separated for that long either, during the album's promo period, the concerts ... Andy was with him all the time.

In short, what counts is the truth of life as a couple, no matter how well you get along, each person needs a space.

• Like 1

Just now, Megustaelpulpo said:

sobre las fechas ... entendí que habla de un momento en el que habían estado juntos durante 14 años. Ahora hace 15 años y en septiembre de este año se cumplirán 16 años.

Y sobre los primeros 15 días que estuvieron solos y confinados ... es maravilloso que la situación se resolviera solo en 15 días y luego estaban bien. Después de los meses que todos vivimos encerrados, es fácil entender que te puedes volver loco.

Me refería al hecho de que tampoco estuvieron separados por tanto tiempo, durante el período de promoción del álbum, los conciertos ... Andy estuvo con él todo el tiempo.

En definitiva, lo que cuenta es la verdad de la vida en pareja, por muy bien que se lleven, cada persona necesita un espacio.

Do you know if this interview will be translated? it seems very interesting and I understand very little. Thank you! 

2 hours ago, carafon said:

As for the dates , it seems that Mika is not realy somebody who takes care of them ....he's even not sure if he's whith Andy from 14 or 15 years !

With dyslexia you can have problems with counting time in the past - it's probably a reason why Mika is changing some facts from the past - like the age when he started to sing in the opera or the time he is with Andy...

I think he even mentioned it in an interview.

We all know that he remembers so many details - so it's pretty unusual to mix the dates like this.

Well, I don't have dyslexia but very often I have to think twice about the past - I don't even remember my age. Every time I have to calculate it :lol3: (well, this fact Mika remembers very well!!!! He always remember his own age :thumb_yello:)  

For me the past is the past. I prefer to concentrate on the future.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

about the dates ... I understood that he talks about a moment where they had been together for 14 years. Now 15 years ago and in September of this year it will be 16 years.

You're right, I didn't think of that! That's why he mentioned both dates, last year and now :thumb_yello:

And I can't believe that he'd mess the other date about his mother so easy, that's why I'm confused...

18 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

And about the first 15 days that they were alone and in confinement ... its wonderful that the situation was solved only in 15 days and then they were fine.

From what I understand, the situation have been solved in the end, not in 2 weeks, and he said that now they are ok.  But it's true, this period have been very challenging and difficult to manage for many couples.

I hope the interview will be translated.

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

To be very honest, wouldn’t we all feel the same about our SO after 10 days 🤣 

Mika mentioned in one of the interviews that he even rented an another apartment in the same building to have more space.

But all in all it wasn't so bad between them.

I think he was rather afraid that it would be too much to stay together 24/24 in one room :wink2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It was definitely difficult for my husband and me -- he used to travel so much that I often felt like I was single! So when he suddenly was home ALL the time, well, let's just say that we had some tense moments! So there was an adjustment period, but we got through it. Mostly unscathed! :lol3:

As for the dates, Mika has always been that way with dates and numbers. You know, "it took 3 weeks to put the Versailles concert together... it took 2 weeks... it took 10 days..."  "There were 10,000 people in the audience... there were 12,000.... there were 15,000..." Sometimes I think he's vague on purpose, and sometimes I think he truly doesn't keep track, and just gives a general ballpark estimate. :dunno_grin:  That's OK, WE know, we keep track! :thumb_yello:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I think it was the small space of this flat - I suppose when Mika said last year that it's like a student's apartment, that wasn't really accurate - but probably it felt like that to him, if usually even his hotel suites are bigger than that... :teehee:

My husband and me got and get along well despite him being in home office since last March. Luckily we don't live in a small flat, so everyone can find their own space. But I have this problem with my kids, because they always ask something from me and if I have that all day 7 days a week, it definitely gets too much after a while. You can't just tell a 3yo "I need my space for half an hour now." :rolleyes: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika mencionó en una de las entrevistas que incluso alquiló otro departamento en el mismo edificio para tener más espacio.

Pero en general, no fue tan malo entre ellos.

Creo que tenía bastante miedo de que sería demasiado estar juntos 24/24 en una habitación. : wink2:

Last year he said there was a neighbor who played the piano. I think it was this year that he rented the top floor to be his studio. I think it's the one we saw while painting formó Paris,?. It didn't look the same as when he cooked the last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Tienes razón, ¡no pensé en eso! Por eso mencionó ambas fechas, el año pasado y ahora. : thumb_yello:

Y no puedo creer que se haya metido tan fácilmente en la otra cita con su madre, por eso estoy confundido ...

Por lo que tengo entendido, la situación se ha resuelto al final, no en 2 semanas, y dijo que ahora están bien. Pero es cierto, este período ha sido muy desafiante y difícil de manejar para muchas parejas.

Espero que la entrevista se traduzca.

In another interview, he said something about the first 15 days and that afterwards everything went well. I don't remember if it was in an interview in France or in Canada.

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

Creo que era el pequeño espacio de este apartamento, supongo que cuando Mika dijo el año pasado que es como el apartamento de un estudiante, eso no fue realmente exacto, pero probablemente lo sintió así, si por lo general incluso las suites de su hotel son más grandes que que... : teehee:

Mi esposo y yo nos llevamos bien a pesar de que él está en la oficina central desde marzo pasado. Por suerte, no vivimos en un piso pequeño, por lo que todos pueden encontrar su propio espacio. Pero tengo este problema con mis hijos, porque siempre me preguntan algo y si lo tengo todo el día los 7 días de la semana, definitivamente se vuelve demasiado después de un tiempo. No puedes simplemente decirle a un niño de 3 años "Necesito mi espacio por media hora ahora".:Rodar los ojos: 

Mika is used to a hectic pace of travel and work. I understand that the most difficult thing would be to be locked up at home and not so much the problem of who you are with. 

14 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

Last year he said there was a neighbor who played the piano. I think it was this year that he rented the top floor to be his studio. I think it's the one we saw while painting formó Paris,?. It didn't look the same as when he cooked the last year. 

The first time it was at the beginning of the quarantine so for sure it was last year. 

And yes, he mentioned as well this year that he rents a place to work - and even the journalist mentioned seeing some boxes and things everywhere even on the floor. Probably Mika moved in not long time before.

So I consider it as two different situations.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mellody said:

You can't just tell a 3yo "I need my space for half an hour now." :rolleyes: 

Well, you could, question is if the 3yo will listen 🤣

(Same here btw, although I do think the kids distracted us enough so we couldn’t complain too much about eachother 😆)

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

With dyslexia you can have problems with counting time in the past

I did not know this! Thank you! This explains a lot, or like Deb said, he is just giving an estimation and let’s us figure it out. It keeps us wondering, isn’t that what he once said in an interview that he found important. Although I do believe he meant a different kind of “wondering” 😆

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

In another interview, he said something about the first 15 days and that afterwards everything went well. I don't remember if it was in an interview in France or in Canada.

It was Le Monde interview, he said that after 10 days of lockdown in Athens in 2020, he ended up renting the apartment upstairs because it was a disaster being together 24 hours per day, every day. Then of course everything went well, they were living in different places: 

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/35188-mika-in-french-press-2021/?do=findComment&comment=4207074

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

As I have finished a translation into Polish for my website here is an English version.

(there is not this part about Orlando Bloom in it)

Ca se finit bien la semaine

K. Good evening, Mika.
Mika. Good evening. I'm just looking at our audience (virtual, on screens)
K. Yes. They are very happy that you are with us today. They go crazy! Hello audience.
K. I must tell you that it is a great honor for us to have you here with us. We know you are the new art director at Star Academie. It was a great secret what you prepared for us for the first evening. We only knew it was going to be big. And we were not disappointed. We were delighted with your performance on Sunday. (The presenter used the word "capoter", which in Canada is used as a popular term for "delight." The French word "la capote" means "condom") We were blown away. We were happy to see you on our TV.
Mika. What does "capoter" mean?
D. It means something special, fantastic.
Mika. Because "la capote" ...
D. (laughing) No, that's not the point.
K. (laughing) It's about joy, but in a different way.
D. It was a different joy.
Mika. (embarrassed) Why am I talking about the condom? No, we shouldn't be ashamed to talk about condoms. Protect yourself. Have fun, but protect yourself. Use condoms.
K. But how did you live this return on the stage in Quebec?
Mika. I will be honest. It was so good. I must admit that we took a risk…. The most dangerous thing we've done… it might seem like it's just television… there were people who know how to work on television… nothing dangerous in it. But…
D. Everything is dangerous.
Mika. What people don't know is that a live program is actually always dangerous. Let me tell you something. If someone asked me two years ago to do a 15-minute sequence like this, I would have refused. But nowadays, in a pandemic, it is so rare to be able to prepare a show or spectacular musical performances. You have to do more risky, less banal and more interesting things. You have to find back that magic, the romantic side of television. Because I think we have lost the aspect where television and music on television let us dream.
D. Did you know that the position of Artistic Director did not exist in previous editions of the Star Academie program? It was made especially for you.
Mika. I didn't know that.
D. What made you decide to come here and join the crew?
Mika. First of all, this is a region that I love. I'm saying the truth. This region has a special place in my heart. My first symphonic performance with OSM was here. The first arena in my life was the Center Bell.
K. And is it true that you were scared?
Mika. It was terrible ... I mean, the concert was ok, but ... I've never performed in an arena before. It's good that I learned it quickly, because then ...
D. Then you did it many times.
Mika. Yes, then I did it many times. But at that time I had a team (85% of whom I had already fired) who had a "great" idea to surprise me. I come to Center Bell and ask: Will I be doing an interview here? Or a TV show? And they: No, it will be your concert. It was my dream to perform in the arena. And now when I can do it I don't have a performance ready. I only have a program that suits the theater. I sat angry in my dressing room. My mother and sister were there. They worked with me. I ask: What am I supposed to do? And my mother looks at me and says: “Visualize all your dreams, the effect you would like to create on the stage, decorations. Think what effect it would have and do it with your body. If you manage to transform decorations, lights, lasers, etc. into your body movements, do so. Sing and dance ”…. I can't explain it… it's really… Center Bell, my first arena, my first symphony concert… Quebec has always been… maybe it's due to the merging of part of my life in North America and part of France… it's a clash…. Yes, that is my very long answer, a 90-minute trip around the world to tell you that I accepted the offer because I love the region… and in Montreal you eat very well!
D. One and a half years ago you released an album called (sorry for my terrible English) "My Name Is Michael Holbrook".
Mika. Very well.
D. For those who don't know, Michael Holbrook is your real name.
Mika. Yes. Michael Holbrook Penniman junior.
D. You said you felt the need to find Miki from the past. Why?
Mika. No, it wasn't even about Mika from the past.
D. About Michael?
Mika. Yes. A person I don't really know. It's funny, but I've always had something like two personalities. When I get my tax return or fines ... when the police stop me, I'm Michael. When I had serious problems at school, it was Michael. And when I was myself, I was Mika. So Mika doesn't like Michael.
D. They are not friends.
Mika. Exactly. And I see myself as two people.
K. But did you discover some beautiful things about Michael Holbrook? Except that he is being stopped by the police?
Mika. Yes…. Yes…. I discovered that I am an adult. And I know it sounds ridiculous. You're looking at a 37-year-old guy saying "yes, I found out that I'm an adult." You're probably thinking: He says it, he has two personalities ...
D. Last December you lost your mom, Joanna, who was battling with brain cancer. Before her death, she was fortunate enough to see your show, one last time. It was at the Opera Royal de Versailles.
Mika. Yes. I created this concert just for her.
D. Exactly. You were lucky enough to spend these moments with the whole family. There was also an audience. How did you feel doing this show for her, in front of her?
Mika. I did this concert for her, but not to pay her tribute, or to tell stories or to cry. On the contrary. These were our relationships. It wasn't for me to cry in front of her. I wanted to say: Look, you are here. I know you can't talk. I know you are looking at me. I know that you are sitting in a wheelchair, that you cannot move. But you can see me. And I am doing my job. Don't worry, I'm doing my job.
K. You were very close to each other. You were friends. You even called her your friend. She was teaching you. Thanks to her, you perform this profession. How did it all start?
Mika. I was kicked out of school. At the beginning of the school year, I had a teacher who was very intolerant. She used very strange techniques. My problems started. I was writing worse and worse, I was making mistakes. I was ashamed of it, so I closed myself more and more. I stopped talking.
D. Things have come so far?
Mika. Yes. She psychologically bullied me and two other students. For example, when my friend - one of her victims - pissed herself in bed or sitting in a chair, the teacher wrote a poem and had all the students read it aloud in front of the girl who had to stand and listen ... This is just an example. Much more was happening. One day my sister ... she didn't really know what to do. She is only two years older than me. She left school and ran to my mom. She told her what happened. My mother understood everything right away. Everything fell into place. Two hours later I was kicked out of school. It was me who was expelled from school. To this day, I remember our way home. On the one hand, my sister Paloma, on the other, my dad. We all dance, jump and sing "Hey ho, the witch is dead" from "The Wizard of Oz".
K. It was like liberation!
Mika. I'm telling you, the day I got kicked out of this s**ty school was the day when I was the happiest in my life. I was staying at home and my mother said to me: OK, you will go to the park. You're not going to school anymore. Let's forget about it. You have to rebuild your system of values. So I go to the park every day. But one day my mother says: you have to start doing something. You will sing. So I started learning to sing. And four months later I found myself at the Royal Opera where I got my first job - a role in a Strauss opera. Then I got more roles. I started making chewing gum commercials. For years when you heard the jingles "Orbit chewing gum. And it’s good for your teeth too ”. It was me. But even worse were the recordings of the wait signal you hear when you call somewhere. "Your phone is important to us." Please wait. " Once British Airways lost my suitcase. I had a terrible fight with the person who answered the phone. She made me wait a while and I heard my own voice "aaaaaaa" .
D. We greet them on the occasion.
K. "Your phone is important to us" ...
Mika. "Your phone is important to us" ...
D. In some ways, this woman has played an important role - a negative role - in your life and has redirected it in a completely different direction. It's amazing!
Mika. I prefer to think that even if this woman did not exist ...
D.… it would all have been the same anyway.
Mika. Because if not? ...
D. You would be an accountant in an office. With a pencil in your hand, you would be making counts.
Mika. No. I will not give credits to this moron. Never.
D. The previous year was tough for everyone. You went into quarantine in Greece with your partner. One could say it's a wonderful thing. But apparently it was a complete disaster?
Mika. For 10 days. Yes.
D. For 10 days. What happened?
Mika. We have been together for 15 years. And knowing that we will be locked in our apartment together for 15 days ... For two weeks I had the impression that I had wasted 14 years of my life!
K. But why?
Mika. We found ourselves together. Only two of us. For the first time in a very long time… We feel good together just because… we haven't spent so much time together. I think a lot of people have had a similar experience. But we've gone through this phase, and I can tell you that everything is fine. That's why I'm laughing at it. I'm not stupid or mean… can you imagine we broke up and I am talking about it like that laughing?
D. Mika, it was a really special meeting. Thank you for visiting us.

Mika. The pleasure is all mine.
D. We'll be able to see you this Sunday at the Star Academie. Your album "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" is available everywhere. And you are working on the sixth album that we are waiting impatiently for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, krysady said:

Era la entrevista de Le Monde, dijo que después de 10 días de encierro en Atenas en 2020, terminó alquilando el apartamento de arriba porque era un desastre estar juntos las 24 horas del día, todos los días. Luego, por supuesto, todo salió bien, estaban viviendo en diferentes lugares: 

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/35188-mika-in-french-press-2021/?do=findComment&comment=4207074

I love it. This is like a detective game! In that interview, it isnt right that he has unplaced boxes if he has that floor since last year... And what happened to the neighbor at the piano? Could it be the journalist's mistake when transcribing the interview? I still think I remember that there is another more recent interview that tells the same thing but it seems like a sweeter story. It can also be difficult to find the correct version ... its an interview .. and with Mika you never know, ... you remember when he said he had a bus and traveled with a lot of dogs .. that interview was so funny.Lol

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

I love it. This is like a detective game!

It's always like that with Mika :aah:

Probably there are more levels on that building, the annoying neighbor with the piano and Mika's apartment could be on different floors. But you're right, when it's a written interview, mistakes can occur for different reasons, a video interview it is much more reliable. And I'm sure that we will hear more details about his lockdown in Greece in the future, maybe even some songs inspired by that period, who knows :teehee:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, krysady said:

It's always like that with Mika :aah:

Probably there are more levels on that building, the annoying neighbor with the piano and Mika's apartment could be on different floors. But you're right, when it's a written interview, mistakes can occur for different reasons, a video interview it is much more reliable. And I'm sure that we will hear more details about his lockdown in Greece in the future, maybe even some songs inspired by that period, who knows :teehee:

I found the other interview where it is sweeter when he talks about the days in Greece:

As-tu tout de même pu te reposer un peu dans la dernière année?

Oui, je me suis reposé quand j’étais à Athènes. Au départ, quand la pandémie a débuté, j’étais en Australie. Ensuite, mes spectacles en Asie ont été annulés, et tout tombait. Je suis donc rentré en Europe. Mon conjoint est grec, et il n’avait pas de Green Card pour entrer aux États-Unis. L’Italie étant fermée, on a donc décidé de passer quelques mois à Athènes. Ce fut une belle période au cours de laquelle j’ai pu passer du temps avec mon amoureux, Andreas. Durant le confinement, nous avions le droit de sortir uniquement pour faire du sport. Donc, tous les jours, j’allais courir autour de l’Acropole. J’ai vécu le printemps et la Pâque orthodoxe en Grèce. Ces bons moments de calme que j’ai passés avec mon amoureux m’ont permis de reprogrammer mon cerveau.

Mais tu as décidé de ne pas reprendre ta tournée après la pandémie et de passer à autre chose, pourquoi?

Parce qu’en un an, mon album a fait son chemin. Depuis, il s’est passé tellement de choses dans ma vie que j’ai maintenant envie de m’investir dans l’écriture de nouveau matériel. En ce moment, je veux cultiver le côté euphorique et improbable de la vie.

Have you still been able to rest a bit in the past year?

Yes, I rested when I was in Athens. When the pandemic first started, I was in Australia. Then my shows in Asia got canceled, and everything fell. So I returned to Europe. My partner is Greek, and he did not have a Green Card to enter the United States. Italy being closed, so we decided to spend a few months in Athens. It was a great time in which I was able to spend time with my lover, Andreas. During confinement, we were allowed to go out only to play sports. So every day I was going to run around the Acropolis. I lived the spring and the Orthodox Easter in Greece. These good times of calm that I spent with my lover allowed me to reprogram my brain.

But you decided not to resume your tour after the pandemic and move on, why?

Because in a year my album has gained ground. Since then, so much has happened in my life that I now want to get involved in writing new material. Right now, I want to cultivate the euphoric and improbable side of life

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

I found the other interview where it is sweeter when he talks about the days in Greece:

As-tu tout de même pu te reposer un peu dans la dernière année?

Oui, je me suis reposé quand j’étais à Athènes. Au départ, quand la pandémie a débuté, j’étais en Australie. Ensuite, mes spectacles en Asie ont été annulés, et tout tombait. Je suis donc rentré en Europe. Mon conjoint est grec, et il n’avait pas de Green Card pour entrer aux États-Unis. L’Italie étant fermée, on a donc décidé de passer quelques mois à Athènes. Ce fut une belle période au cours de laquelle j’ai pu passer du temps avec mon amoureux, Andreas. Durant le confinement, nous avions le droit de sortir uniquement pour faire du sport. Donc, tous les jours, j’allais courir autour de l’Acropole. J’ai vécu le printemps et la Pâque orthodoxe en Grèce. Ces bons moments de calme que j’ai passés avec mon amoureux m’ont permis de reprogrammer mon cerveau.

Mais tu as décidé de ne pas reprendre ta tournée après la pandémie et de passer à autre chose, pourquoi?

Parce qu’en un an, mon album a fait son chemin. Depuis, il s’est passé tellement de choses dans ma vie que j’ai maintenant envie de m’investir dans l’écriture de nouveau matériel. En ce moment, je veux cultiver le côté euphorique et improbable de la vie.

Have you still been able to rest a bit in the past year?

Yes, I rested when I was in Athens. When the pandemic first started, I was in Australia. Then my shows in Asia got canceled, and everything fell. So I returned to Europe. My partner is Greek, and he did not have a Green Card to enter the United States. Italy being closed, so we decided to spend a few months in Athens. It was a great time in which I was able to spend time with my lover, Andreas. During confinement, we were allowed to go out only to play sports. So every day I was going to run around the Acropolis. I lived the spring and the Orthodox Easter in Greece. These good times of calm that I spent with my lover allowed me to reprogram my brain.

But you decided not to resume your tour after the pandemic and move on, why?

Because in a year my album has gained ground. Since then, so much has happened in my life that I now want to get involved in writing new material. Right now, I want to cultivate the euphoric and improbable side of life

It wouldn’t be Mika if he wouldn’t go from “spending time with my lover” to “I have wasted 14 years of my life!”

Remember @mellodythat interview where where he says having tension in the relationship is more important than love. Well, now we know what he meant 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Megustaelpulpo said:

It was a great time in which I was able to spend time with my lover

Now it's clear, it was a great time after he moved :teehee:   However, I do believe him when he say the first days have been a disaster, seeing the video I don't think he invented this :)

• Like 2

I find the part about Mika/Michael quite interesting. In the 2019 interviews he said he wants to bring together the two, in his "letter from Mika to Michael" he wrote something like the two would melt like ice cream in the sun to become one. And now he says Michael isn't his friend, he still doesn't know him. So it seems the identity finding part of MNIMH, idk, might not have gone the way he had planned? On the other hand, he also said that he never really knows himself and that this is part of what drives his creativity. So that seems like a contradiction to trying to unite the two. Certainly an interesting facet of his personality.

Btw, I read an article a few weeks ago where they wrote that childhood traumatization can cause a person to develop multiple personalities, which sometimes aren't even aware of each other - but not like schizophrenia, it's a complex thing... Mika obviously knows about these two sides of him, so I don't know... but as he says that he really has two different personalities, it seems it's not just a construct to make others understand him better, not just the stage persona vs the private life, that's why this interview reminded me of the article I had read.

• Like 2