23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

4 hours ago, Starlight said:

Wow! It must be a magical experience to attend a gig there! :lustslow:

It looks like a spaceship, I read it's a unique architectural project, the entire building covered with 340.000 shiny aluminum pieces in the middle of Parc de la Villette :wub2:   And The Great Hall Pierre Boulez it's an innovative mixture of design and acoustic, and despite its capacity (2400), the room creates a real privacy feeling. The distance between the conductor and the last row it's only 32 meters. 

Screenshot (69).png

Edited by krysady
  • Like 6

Hello everybody! I'm so excited at the news!! :fangurl: I've never attended a symphonic concert by Mika, it would be a dream... so I'm hoping with all my heart that I will have the chance to go. Hopefully in October travelling will be safe and I really hope I'll be vaccinated by that time.

By the way, the venue looks gorgeous!! A dream location for a magical show.:wub2:

Does anybody know how many tickets will be available for the shows? (Maybe some less than the full capacity, I guess... :emot-sad:)

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

There are a few Aparthotels near the venue that look cheap, has anyone stayed in one? 

My friend Erik did an internship at the Mercure across from the venue (20 years ago 🙈), he says it’s very decent! The others I wouldn’t know. 

So more important question to keep on dreaming; what are we wearing??????

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

There are a few Aparthotels near the venue that look cheap, has anyone stayed in one? 

No but I also took a look at the hotels or apartments near the venue yesterday (I know, it's a bit early but I was so excited... :teehee:) and it would be great if maybe some of us who are interested could share a room because often the total price was almost the same for 1-2 persons as for 3-4... So it would be much cheaper for one person if more of us could share the costs. Even though I would probably have to stay more than one night, it's a bit too far away for me to stay only one night... Yeah I know, not even the tickets are available yet but I love the planning. :biggrin2:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I even thought about that! :lmfao: I would probably wear my red polka-dot dress, it has long sleeves so it's quite festive and suitable even for spring/fall weather (with a red cardigan) and I wear it for special occasions even though in summer I also wear it sometimes just as a "normal spring/summer dress". :biggrin2:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I even thought about that! :lmfao: I would probably wear my red polka-dot dress, it has long sleeves so it's quite festive and suitable even for spring/fall weather (with a red cardigan) and I wear it for special occasions even though in summer I also wear it sometimes just as a "normal spring/summer dress". :biggrin2:

That sounds so colourful and festive! I just looked in my wardrobe yesterday and had to dust some off to see what colour they are. And dare I say I consider wearing heels? It’s seated and we don’t have to queue at 5am to get a good spot! ......right? 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

🙈So more important question to keep on dreaming; what are we wearing??????

Oh god. I need to go shopping. :doh:

29 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I would probably wear my red polka-dot dress, it has long sleeves so it's quite festive and suitable even for spring/fall weather (with a red cardigan) and I wear it for special occasions even though in summer I also wear it sometimes just as a "normal spring/summer dress". :biggrin2:

Sounds lovely! Got a pic? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This is no secondary issue!! :lol:  The gorgeous venue requires a suitable attire.

I have some problems now that after all these lockdowns I've gained some weight... I'll have to look into my wardrobe for something that still fits me :aah::lol3:

But, of course, my first problem is: will I have the chance to get the tickets? :pray:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

For the Firenze symphonic concerts we got informed by email about the dress code: "creative black tie".  That was quite easy to follow, different textures, patterns, colors or accessories are accepted in order to create your own personal style, it was not so strict as the formal black tie dress code.

Maybe we'll get some info this time as well. If not, I guess the same would fit for Paris as well, it's a similar event.

Edited by krysady
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh that's a gorgeous dress! Not as formal as I was thinking, which is a relief.

Yeah, I wanted a dress that can be both festive and casual because there aren't as many occasions for me to wear a formal dress. But I still hope the long sleeves make it formal enough to wear it even on more formal occasions.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mellody said:

So, now I'd love to know about:

- age restictions, can I plan to bring my kids (or at least my son)?

- ticket allocations, will all seats be available in the subscription presale or will they keep some good places for the general sale?

- Covid restrictions, do they leave space between the seats or are they sure that won't be an issue anymore in October? I wonder if they did that so far during Covid? (were / are they even open? Not sure how it is with such classical venues in France, in Germany it's all closed but it was open for a bit last summer, with restrictions on the number of people)

Yes, I'd like to know answers to all those questions, too!

I'm trying to find out as much as I can, and I'm hoping that some of our fans in Paris or France, can help us with planning, too.

I'm sure we'll talk about it today during our Instagram Live (8pm Central Europe time!) but maybe we can even discuss contacting the venue and getting a block of tickets for MFC, just in case Mika's team isn't able to do anything for us. It's definitely fun to start planning things again! :biggrin2:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, krysady said:

For the Firenze symphonic concerts we got informed by email about the dress code: "creative black tie".  That was quite easy to follow, different textures, patterns, colors or accessories are accepted in order to create your own personal style, it was not so strict as the formal black tie dress code.

Maybe we'll get some info this time as well. If not, I guess the same would fit for Paris as well, it's a similar event.

If I remember well, the creative black tie was for the dinner of New year's eve. I saw people dressed very casual, especially on the 30. I think that the occasion can require an elegant outfit, but nothing too formal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

but maybe we can even discuss contacting the venue and getting a block of tickets for MFC, just in case Mika's team isn't able to do anything for us.

That would certainly be a good idea. :yes:

Since the subscribers can buy tickets over three weeks before the tickets are sold to everyone, I'm a little bit worried that there won't be left tickets for non-subscribers. :emot-sad:

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I'd like to know answers to all those questions, too!

I'm trying to find out as much as I can, and I'm hoping that some of our fans in Paris or France, can help us with planning, too.

I'm sure we'll talk about it today during our Instagram Live (8pm Central Europe time!) but maybe we can even discuss contacting the venue and getting a block of tickets for MFC, just in case Mika's team isn't able to do anything for us. It's definitely fun to start planning things again! :biggrin2:

Deb, are you planning to come to Paris??????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

That sounds so colourful and festive! I just looked in my wardrobe yesterday and had to dust some off to see what colour they are. And dare I say I consider wearing heels? It’s seated and we don’t have to queue at 5am to get a good spot! ......right? 😆

That reminds me of what Mika said about our outfits after the Montreal symphony gigs. :biggrin2:

• Like 6
  • Haha 5