23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

In the Covid rules on the website if I understand it correctly it says the cloakroom is currently closed. But not 100% sure and anyway it can be different in October.

I really hope so because I don't have a fancy rain jacket stylish enough to keep it in the venue for the gig... :sweatdrop:

4 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh boy that’s a good one. This justifies picking an accommodation across from the venue 😅

The aparthotel I was looking for is just 750 m away so not as much but still, I'd prefer the possibility to keep my jacket somewhere. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

In the Covid rules on the website if I understand it correctly it says the cloakroom is currently closed. But not 100% sure and anyway it can be different in October.

Hopefully a part of places will be empty so we can always put our coats on the place next to us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, giraffeandy said:

The aparthotel I was looking for is just 750 m away so not as much but still, I'd prefer the possibility to keep my jacket somewhere. 

Same.. having a wrap/big scarf and possibly an umbrella would also be an option though. A wrap is easier to stow away than a heavier jacket, unless you find a really light and classy option for a weather resistent jacket, then please share!! 

• Like 1

I usually take a foldable bag, put my stuff in there and store it under the chair at seated gigs. At least there people don't step on it like in a standing concert. 😅 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Same.. having a wrap/big scarf and possibly an umbrella would also be an option though. A wrap is easier to stow away than a heavier jacket, unless you find a really light and classy option for a weather resistent jacket, then please share!! 

Wrap, jacket, blazer, umbrella, new dress... :teehee:

Make It Rain Reaction GIF

It seems I'm looking for cheap hotel rooms etc. so I can spend all my money on the outfits...

who framed roger rabbit GIF

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

It seems I'm looking for cheap hotel rooms etc. so I can spend all my money on the outfits...

:lmfao: Same, I'm not planning to spend much time in my hotel room anyway :dunno_grin: On the other hand, if I'm not going to wear a nice elegant outfit for this special occasion, then when? I'm fed up with wearing crumpled clothes during the lockdown :aah:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

At least there people don't step on it like in a standing concert. 😅 

Yep, like Mika did in Zurich with my bag during Big Girl :teehee:  

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, krysady said:

:lmfao: Same, I'm not planning to spend much time in my hotel room anyway :dunno_grin: On the other hand, if I'm not going to wear a nice elegant outfit for this special occasion, then when? I'm fed up with wearing crumpled clothes during the lockdown :aah:

That's true, also the dress (or another piece of clothes) you choose for the gig is something you'll keep and every time you wear it, it kind of reminds you of the show... :biggrin2: For example, I can remember what I wore to the past Mika gigs even though it wasn't anything that special. But the clothes are part of the memory. So it actually is more important than the hotel room where you just stay over night. :naughty:

Btw, I'll probably have a free bed in my room even though I'm still not sure about the hotel but I made a reservation for 3 nights in Art Hotel Paris Est just in case everything is booked out by then... So if anyone is potentially interested, please let me know in the messages. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Luisa said:

Ciao,  have you all alredy tickets?

I'm waiting for the 8 of june..I hope there will be extra ticket... I would come with my 11 years old daughter 🤞

I guess the majority of us got tickets with subscription, but some are also waiting for the general sales on 8 June. Do you know if the kids under 16 are allowed? I couldn't find any clear information about that.

Dammit, I just turned my house upside down and can't find my old passport, so I'm going to have to report it as lost in order to get a new one, which means I'll have to have an interview to explain why I don't have it anymore. Hmm, no idea mate, maybe because it expired 20 years ago? A lot has happened since then! Ugh. :doh:

It will be worth it though, to get to see Mika in Paris. :cloud:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fenny said:

Something totally different...is it Andy's birthday tomorrow (may 31) or am I wrong? (Then I put on my prettiest dress..🎶💜😍🍷)

Yes, it is :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Dammit, I just turned my house upside down and can't find my old passport, so I'm going to have to report it as lost in order to get a new one, which means I'll have to have an interview to explain why I don't have it anymore. Hmm, no idea mate, maybe because it expired 20 years ago? A lot has happened since then! Ugh. :doh:

It will be worth it though, to get to see Mika in Paris. :cloud:

Can't you travel with your ID card? 

Just now, krysady said:

Can't you travel with your ID card? 

Ah no, we don't have ID cards in the UK. Not yet, anyway. For overseas travel we need a passport. Or I could try to hide in the back of a lorry... :teehee:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Hero said:

Ah no, we don't have ID cards in the UK. Not yet, anyway. For overseas travel we need a passport. 

Sorry, I have no idea :doh:  Anyway, I hope you have time to get a new one till Paris, the entire process sounds pretty complicated.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hero said:

Ah no, we don't have ID cards in the UK. Not yet, anyway. For overseas travel we need a passport. Or I could try to hide in the back of a lorry... :teehee:

Apart from your passport problem , stay tuned of how the "quarantine" issues will evolve .

Because of the Idian variant that is present in UK , I heared that people coming from England have to stay in a 5 days quarantine .

Don't even know if it's also valid for people who have a stop at a London airport .....maybe people who are not coming by direct flights should also be carefull about that 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Dammit, I just turned my house upside down and can't find my old passport, so I'm going to have to report it as lost in order to get a new one, which means I'll have to have an interview to explain why I don't have it anymore. Hmm, no idea mate, maybe because it expired 20 years ago? A lot has happened since then!

If your passport expired you have to apply for a new passport (after Brexit)  if you want to travel after the 31st of December 2020.

So I don't think you need to show the old one or report a loss if it's not valide any more.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/brexit-questions-will-my-passport-be-valid-after-brexit/

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

If your passport expired you have to apply for a new passport (after Brexit)  if you want to travel after the 31st of December 2020.

So I don't think you need to show the old one or report a loss if it's not valide any more.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/brexit-questions-will-my-passport-be-valid-after-brexit/

You have to apply for a new passport yes, but if it's not your first adult passport your choices are either to renew, which requires your old passport, or to report it as lost/stolen/damaged. But this is to stop its misuse for identity fraud etc. Given it expired in 2000 and was in my possession after that date, I doubt that's an issue. I've just sent a form query to the helpline asking how to proceed, so will see what they say. Fingers crossed! :crossed:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

You have to apply for a new passport yes, but if it's not your first adult passport your choices are either to renew, which requires your old passport, or to report it as lost/stolen/damaged. But this is to stop its misuse for identity fraud etc. Given it expired in 2000 and was in my possession after that date, I doubt that's an issue. I've just sent a form query to the helpline asking how to proceed, so will see what they say. Fingers crossed! :crossed:

Maybe a silly question, but if you don’t have a passport, how do you identify yourself? A driver’s license is condoned, but not the official way to identify yourself because it doesn’t carry you identification number on it. And here if you cross the border (I live in Germany, but work in the Netherlands) you definitely need a passport/ID card.

42 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Maybe a silly question, but if you don’t have a passport, how do you identify yourself? A driver’s license is condoned, but not the official way to identify yourself because it doesn’t carry you identification number on it. And here if you cross the border (I live in Germany, but work in the Netherlands) you definitely need a passport/ID card.

I don't have a drivers licence either... :naughty:  

We don't have ID numbers/cards. For domestic affairs, passport or driving licence are the normal requirements, but depending on the nature of the case, they'll also often accept your bank card along with 2 separate utility bills showing your home address, issued within the last 3 months. Or, you can get a proof of identity signed by a solicitor. 

It's not something I've needed to do for a while... :dunno:

Edited by Hero
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

but depending on the nature of the case, they'll also often accept your bank card along with 2 separate utility bills showing your home address, issued within the last 3 months. Or, you can get a proof of identity signed by a solicitor.

This sounds like so much work! Might as well get a passport then :aah: