23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

14 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

I made like you said, Mellody (I didn't go as far the last time I tried).  I think I will see the 17 too, see what places are availables.

I found out it seems we can choose a precise seat, like I had there

2054449132_Capturedcran2021-05-08142651.thumb.png.e82ce9b7f2ba651271bb180200d8b75b.png

You clearly see the red availables seats, and you can choose for this concert... But we don't know how it will work for Mika's or even if we can also choose when general sale haven't started, so I think we simply have to wait... 

The good news is it seems the first rows aren't even the most wanted seats. It seems it's some balconies... well, we have to wait and see ! 

Is that the same venue though? I think they have different rooms/halls for concerts, and this one looks different from the one where Mika will play. :dunno:

Anyway, you're right that for classical concerts the first rows usually aren't the most wanted. The best sound would be in the middle of the parterre, I suppose that's where regular subscribers might want to get their seats.

But I suppose we aren't the only Mika fans who will have a look at the subscription option. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mellody said:

Is that the same venue though? I think they have different rooms/halls for concerts, and this one looks different from the one where Mika will play. :dunno:

Anyway, you're right that for classical concerts the first rows usually aren't the most wanted. The best sound would be in the middle of the parterre, I suppose that's where regular subscribers might want to get their seats.

But I suppose we aren't the only Mika fans who will have a look at the subscription option. :rolleyes:

Oh, you're right, maybe it's another hall... :doh:Plus, it's true we will not be the only ones. It will be stressful,  like always :naughty:

We're really getting all excited, now. Even if we can only wait for now, and see... 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Presci1108 said:

It will be stressful,  like always :naughty:

I remember saying some time during the pandemic that I miss the ticket buying stress... So well, here we go again, I asked for it, lol! :roftl: Tho I gotta say, I also miss feeling safe about something, feeling I can rely on something without the expectation of having to change my plans again all the time. It's always good to have a plan B and be flexible, but the last year was just awful in regard to this. So I will be VERY glad if I finally have my tickets, it will mean a little piece of safety.

• Like 4

I'm having fun trying to guess which MNIMH songs might be reworked for the orchestra. Tiny Love definitely, maybe Stay High or Blue. I actually think Tomorrow would work well, and it would be his style to sing those lyrics in that concert space. Ice Cream? Maybe. :teehee:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I'm having fun trying to guess which MNIMH songs might be reworked for the orchestra. Tiny Love definitely, maybe Stay High or Blue. I actually think Tomorrow would work well, and it would be his style to sing those lyrics in that concert space. Ice Cream? Maybe. :teehee:

Mika already sang Tomorrow and Ice Cream in a symphonic version at the Versailles concert. :wink2:

Since he has only performed the songs once in this form, I think it is likely that he will sing them again in October. :original:

By then he might have written one or two new songs or make with other of his songs a symphonic version that he hasn't done up to now. That would be nice. :original::pray:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait what how??? It won’t start until next week???? 

Next week for the subscribers, but Amis de la Philarmonie starting from today

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hmm, it really says starting from the 17th (I just panicked and searched the website). For other concerts the 10th yeah, but not for Mika’s.

If you buy an Amis subscription starting from 250 euros, you can get your tickets today :

Screenshot (74).png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, krysady said:

Some people already got their tickets since this morning :tears:

7 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Hmm, it really says starting from the 17th (I just panicked and searched the website). For other concerts the 10th yeah, but not for Mika’s.

7 hours ago, krysady said:

If you buy an Amis subscription starting from 250 euros, you can get your tickets today :

Screenshot (74).png

Yes, it seems that if you join the "Friends of the Philharmonic" for 250 Euros (which covers two people), you can buy your tickets for Mika's concerts in October starting today. So that's 250 Euros PLUS the 80 Euros or so for each ticket each night. If you're impatient and afraid of not getting tickets in the regular sale, then this is an option for you -- if you have the extra money! :eek:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 19

Thank you Deb! 

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Also there may be a discount for children, not sure yet.

I wonder if there will be their usual Under 28 discount as well. Do you know if those who are younger than 28 and want an "MFC ticket" can pay 10€ as it should be on the general sale or do they have to pay full price?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

It's wonderful news ! Thank you, Deb ! :thumb_yello:

I will wait you have extra-informations before I ask you some things. 

In fact, I was reflecting on this "friends" stuff, and was pretty much furious of that system. So, I find it's pretty good. 

Well, a lot of organizations have something similar -- you pay a premium to provide additional support to the organization, then you get some extra benefits in exchange, like the option to buy tickets early ahead of everyone else. :dunno:

35 minutes ago, virgi said:

Thank you Deb! 

I wonder if there will be their usual Under 28 discount as well. Do you know if those who are younger than 28 and want an "MFC ticket" can pay 10€ as it should be on the general sale or do they have to pay full price?

I don't really know yet, sorry. Still waiting... :wait:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

A few other things that I've been told: there's an age restriction, only children 15 and up can attend. Also there may be a discount for children, not sure yet.

So does that mean no one under 15 can go, not even when they're accompanied by an adult? That would be harsh, although I understand those opera people may not want a bunch of screaming kids who can't sit still inside their venue 😅

It is my dream to go to a Mika symphonic concert. I am going to travel from Mexico just to fulfill my dream, I will do everything possible to be there! Please be on the lookout for the exclusive presale for the fan club i love you so so much!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Well, a lot of organizations have something similar -- you pay a premium to provide additional support to the organization, then you get some extra benefits in exchange, like the option to buy tickets early ahead of everyone else. :dunno:

Indeed, I remember for one of the other symphonic shows it was similar - not sure if it was Montreal or Florence or both, but they had this subscriber's option which cost a lot of money, and MFCers grouped together to get a certain allocation of seats and shared the cost. I think here for this membership thing it's only for 2 people. 

But with the subscriber's presale starting next Monday it will also be possible already to get tickets, I suppose it should be possible to just try and see what options you have and if you like them, and if maybe you just need to buy 1 concert in addition to Mika. In fact I had expected a higher ticket price than 80€ for the best category of a symphonic gig - and in the subscriber's presale the tickets wouldn't be as limited as they might be in a possible MFC presale. So I guess it's still a good option for those who don't want to (or can't) spend 250€ on a membership.

• Like 5

In fact, just for telling, if you want to be a member anyway, I just realised than price was "only" 125 for people less than 40 years old with "Young friend" membership. If it's interesting for someone...

Honestly, if I was from Paris, I think I would make it, possibly every year. Beside Mika, my favorite style of music is classical. So, just imagine what my joy is if I can go see Mika in symphonic concert !. And I've seen there will be a Joe Hisaishi's concert next year too... I would go with pleasure, but from my point of view, with train + hotel + "autistic stress"... it will be difficult. 

I have the courage to make this kind of trips only for Mika. He already made me make so much crazy stuffs I can't make for anyone else. :naughty:

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

In fact, just for telling, if you want to be a member anyway, I just realised than price was "only" 125 for people less than 40 years old with "Young friend" membership. If it's interesting for someone...

Oh yes, it seems under 40 year olds can get the friends option for 125 Euros.

• Like 2

So just wondering, what would everyone's dream setlist be?

I based mine on the other symphonic /orchestra gigs he has done, plus a few songs I'd just love to hear in a symphonic version. Don't care about the order, but I'd love:

Toy Boy

Underwater

Last Party

Any Other World

Ordinary Man

Heroes

Tiny Love (and/or Reprise)

Dear Jealousy

Grace Kelly

Over my shoulder

Happy Ending

Origin of Love

Relax
Elle me Dit

Love today

Pick up off the floor

I went to hell last night

Ice Cream

Promiseland

Paloma

Stay High

Maybe even Lollipop... I must admit I was pretty fed up with that song at some point but he took it to a whole new level on the Revelation tour and even more with the times when he performed it during the pandemic - like in I love Beirut, Versailles and on Xfactor with NAIP. Anyway I'd be ok with him skipping that one and some others like Ordinary Man, AOW or OMS, if he played some new songs instead. :wub2:

And I suppose he might not sing I went to hell or Paloma, also not PUOTF, but I think those would sound awesome in a symphonic version, so I added them anyway.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, mellody said:

I based mine on the other symphonic /orchestra gigs he has done, plus a few songs I'd just love to hear in a symphonic version. Don't care about the order, but I'd love:

Toy Boy

Underwater

Last Party

Any Other World

Ordinary Man

Heroes

Dear Jealousy

Grace Kelly

Over my shoulder

Happy Ending

Origin of Love

Relax
Elle me Dit

Love today

Pick up off the floor

Ice Cream

Promiseland

Paloma

Stay High

Maybe even Lollipop... I must admit I was pretty fed up with that song at some point but he took it to a whole new level on the Revelation tour and even more with the times when he performed it during the pandemic - like in I love Beirut, Versailles and on Xfactor with NAIP. Anyway I'd be ok with him skipping that one and some others like Ordinary Man, AOW or OMS, if he played some new songs instead. :wub2:

And I suppose he might not sing I went to hell or Paloma, also not PUOTF, but I think those would sound awesome in a symphonic version, so I added them anyway.

That’s a difficult question ! But Tiny Love is my favorite song and on symphonic it would be awesome ! And others Toy Boy / Underwater / Happy Ending / Origin of Love / Over my Shoulder / Paloma / Promiseland / Dear Jealousy / Stardust / Lollipop I love this song on live since the concert for Beirut and why not Billy Brown ? :clap:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

Toy Boy

Underwater

Last Party

Any Other World

Ordinary Man

Heroes

Dear Jealousy

Grace Kelly

Over my shoulder

Happy Ending

Origin of Love

Relax
Elle me Dit

Love today

Pick up off the floor

Ice Cream

Promiseland

Paloma

Stay High

In no particular order:

Heroes (my favourite song from Sinfonia Pop)

Origin Of Love (also a favourite :lmfao:)

Boum Boum Boum (I don't really like the studio version but I ADORE the symphonic one or even other live versions of the song)

Good Guys

Happy Ending

Over My Shoulder

Last Party

Toy Boy

Any Other World

Hurts (a girl can dream :teehee:)

Pick Up Off The Floor (another rather unrealistic one)

Sanremo (not quite sure if it's a suitable song for a symphonic arrangement but I'd love to hear it)

Tiny Love

Blue

I Went To Hell Last Night

Dear Jealousy

Tomorrow

maybe even Ice Cream (It's really difficult to choose from MNIHM :teehee: especially after Versailles as the new classical arrangements of songs like Ice Cream or Tomorrow were better than I would expected)

+ Relax, GK and Love Today won't miss (even though I'd prefer newer songs for my "dream setlist")

• Like 3

Also Promiseland is an interesting choice, even though It's quite difficult for me to imagine the symphonic version, could be interesting but I'm not sure if I'd like it (at least as much as the other songs, of course it would be still great to hear it :biggrin2:)...