23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

1 minute ago, MikeCallejas said:

I am interested in 2 tickets for the 2 nights :making-a-wish:, we traveled from Mexico and we want to meet fans of Mika :nerd:

As I said, the most reliable option to get tickets would probably be to use the subscription that will start next Monday (May 17) from 2pm European time. If it's only possible to buy 1 Mika concert with a subscription, you can still try for the 2nd one in a possible MFC presale. Anyway I'd advise anyone NOT to fully rely on a MFC presale, as it's likely that for that there'd be more people interested than tickets available.

As for meeting other fans, we already talked about a possible meetup, maybe the day before the show or the Saturday afternoon, as we don't have to queue. So far we don't have any detailed plans on that, it also depends on how the pandemic will look until then. But there'll surely be some sort of meetup, if only outside in the park. :biggrin2:

Maybe we should rent a private Paris sightseeing bus, to have our MFC tour bus? :teehee:

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Also Promiseland is an interesting choice, even though It's quite difficult for me to imagine the symphonic version, could be interesting but I'm not sure if I'd like it (at least as much as the other songs, of course it would be still great to hear it :biggrin2:)... 

It's funny how different we think about this, after the I love Beirut version of Promiseland I can very well imagine a symphonic version of it - but as you have Blue in your list, and I also saw some other people suggest that, that's one I really wonder about, because I think the simplicity of the instrumentation kind of characterizes the song, I just can't imagine that in a symphonic version. :dunno_grin:

As for BBB, when I listened to the Montreal version recently it reminded me so much of the version he sang with the Star Academy contestants - and as he said, there the song sort of didn't belong to him anymore, the girls who sang it really made it their own. So as the symphonic version reminds me of this one, I somehow don't want to hear it anymore. Unless he does a new arrangement.

And I really really want to hear Last Party, I need this "wrap your arms around everybody" after this pandemic! :lol:

I'd have never thought of Ice Cream, if it hadn't been for Versailles - but that version was just so awesome, I want him to sing it with a full symphony orchestra! :wub2:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

As I said, the most reliable option to get tickets would probably be to use the subscription that will start next Monday (May 17) from 2pm European time. If it's only possible to buy 1 Mika concert with a subscription, you can still try for the 2nd one in a possible MFC presale. Anyway I'd advise anyone NOT to fully rely on a MFC presale, as it's likely that for that there'd be more people interested than tickets available.

But there's still the rule for the subscribers that you have to buy tickets for at least two different concerts, no? Unfortunately, even if I choose English for the web page, some descriptions are in French so I'm a bit lost there... :sweatdrop:

19 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

But there's still the rule for the subscribers that you have to buy tickets for at least two different concerts, no? Unfortunately, even if I choose English for the web page, some descriptions are in French so I'm a bit lost there... :sweatdrop:

Yes, it's likely that you will have to buy one or two other concerts in addition to Mika's. As I said, you can just try on the website to see what works, but you'd be able to get tickets for other concerts for about 17€ or so, and in the subscriber's rate the Mika tickets also aren't 80€ but you get a reduced price for them, so it might be worth it. You don't have to take the option if you don't like it, but I'd advise to at least have a look at it and consider whether you'd prefer that to possibly missing out in a MFC presale if too many people try to get a limited amount of tickets, and having to rely on the general sale.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

It's funny how different we think about this, after the I love Beirut version of Promiseland I can very well imagine a symphonic version of it - but as you have Blue in your list, and I also saw some other people suggest that, that's one I really wonder about, because I think the simplicity of the instrumentation kind of characterizes the song, I just can't imagine that in a symphonic version. :dunno_grin:

I loved the I Love Beirut version of Promiseland and even though I usually don't like Mika's collabs, I actually prefer this one to the solo version. But somehow with that long instrumental part, I don't know if I would enjoy it as much in symphonic... Maybe I would, who knows. :biggrin2: With Blue, I know what you mean, it is a really stripped-down song but I still can imagine a subtle symphonic version. But what I love about symphonic versions is the fact that it makes me rediscover some songs I didn't like as much in the studio version. So I guess that in the end my favourite songs could be even some titles I wouldn't even think about. That's the wonderful thing about new arrangements, they can always surprise you in a way you couldn't imagine before. 

• Like 2

So many questions about an MFC presale that we can't answer yet! We'll post as soon as we have confirmation with all the details that we hope will answer everything you want to know!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

I'm kind of lost as far as the tickets go...and deffo wanting to go but don't kill me guys but symphonic concerts frighten me a bit...I would never go if it wasn't for Mika...my mother had taken a subscription for classical music for a year when I was maybe 10 and I got dragged there against my will several evenings and I felt I was being punished it was so long and as boring as a math class, I really hated having to sit on my chair and I pretended I was somewhere else...

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, dcdeb said:

So many questions about an MFC presale that we can't answer yet! We'll post as soon as we have confirmation with all the details that we hope will answer everything you want to know!

Thank you Deb :huglove:

22 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Also Promiseland is an interesting choice, even though It's quite difficult for me to imagine the symphonic version, could be interesting but I'm not sure if I'd like it (at least as much as the other songs, of course it would be still great to hear it :biggrin2:)... 

It's hard for me to imagine Promiseland in a symphonic arrangement... maybe because in my head it's quite a "plugged" and electric song! I must confess that I still hope for him to release the Arabic version of  it with Mashrou Leila :fangurl:

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, it's likely that you will have to buy one or two other concerts in addition to Mika's. As I said, you can just try on the website to see what works, but you'd be able to get tickets for other concerts for about 17€ or so, and in the subscriber's rate the Mika tickets also aren't 80€ but you get a reduced price for them, so it might be worth it. You don't have to take the option if you don't like it, but I'd advise to at least have a look at it and consider whether you'd prefer that to possibly missing out in the MFC presale if too many people try to get a limited amount of tickets, and having to rely on the general sale.

Yes, it's definitely worth a try. Especially if the MFC presale gets too many requests for a little amount of available tickets. 

Too many people are hungry for live concerts, it's understandable at this point. And for the moment these are the only two confirmed nights, so the request is really high, even from abroad.

I just want to keep my feet on the ground, not to be disappointed if I can't get them, or if I won't be able to go because of the pandemic... but, we'll see. You can't complain if you don't even try! 😂

29 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Thank you so much for all the effort in making this happen! 🙏🏻 We'll wait for further details 😉

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Thank you so much! 🙏

8 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

It's hard for me to imagine Promiseland in a symphonic arrangement... maybe because in my head it's quite a "plugged" and electric song! I must confess that I still hope for him to release the Arabic version of  it with Mashrou Leila :fangurl:

Exactly! It would change the dynamic and style of the song for me. Me too, I'd love an official studio version. And since he didn't release the song with the other two from the gig (the two with Danna Paola), I was hoping he has other plans with it because he has to know how much people appreciated that version and apparently he enjoyed the collab too. So we'll see, who knows, I still have hope. 

• Like 3

21 minuten geleden zei giraffeandy:

Precies! Het zou de dynamiek en stijl van het nummer voor mij veranderen. Ik ook, ik zou dol zijn op een officiële studioversie. En dat het aantal niet heeft uitgebracht met de andere twee van het optreden (de twee met Danna Paola), hoopte ik dat hij er andere plannen mee had, wil hij moet weten hoeveel mensen die versie waardeerden en blijkbaar genoot hij van de samenwerking. te. Dus we zullen zien, wie weet, ik heb nog steeds hoop. 

O yes, I also loved the performance of Promiseland  with Mashrou Leila ! 🙏💙

10 hours ago, mellody said:

As I said, the most reliable option to get tickets would probably be to use the subscription that will start next Monday (May 17) from 2pm European time. If it's only possible to buy 1 Mika concert with a subscription, you can still try for the 2nd one in a possible MFC presale.

And there's also the option to get tickets at the general sales on 8 June, if the first two fails.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

So just wondering, what would everyone's dream setlist be?

I'm not picky, any song excepting Ice Cream :aah: 

Now seriously, for me the climax of his symphonic concerts was Last Party :wub2: That was the moment when I realized I can hold my breath for 3,5 minutes, so I hope he'll keep it on the setlist.  And I'd like to hear Mr. Leclerc's arrangement for Tomorrow, would be interesting :)

• Like 1

You know what? I don't care what the set list is. I don't want to have any expectations. Whatever he sings, it will be amazing. I'm gradually catching up on previous songs, and every time I hear a new symphonic version it becomes my new favourite. (who said fickle?). :naughty: I heard Heroes last week. Wow. Wow wow wow. 

I also think Promiseland could work as a symphonic arrangement, although it's unlikely. They did it with Overrated, which is majorly EDM on the album, and it worked brilliantly. Actually Overrated is a good example, we have 4 versions of that - the original demo, the album track, the acoustic track, and the symphonic version. Each is brilliant and has its place. Sure, everyone will have their favourites and preferences, but each form is valid. 

The only song I'm nervous about is Happy Ending - it's a classic so probably will be included, but I've had quite strong emotional reactions to it previously - if you see someone with their fingers in their ears going :lalala: it might be me trying to keep control! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mellody said:

So just wondering, what would everyone's dream setlist be?

I based mine on the other symphonic /orchestra gigs he has done, plus a few songs I'd just love to hear in a symphonic version. Don't care about the order, but I'd love:

Toy Boy

Underwater

Last Party

Any Other World

Ordinary Man

Heroes

Tiny Love (and/or Reprise)

Dear Jealousy

Grace Kelly

Over my shoulder

Happy Ending

Origin of Love

Relax
Elle me Dit

Love today

Pick up off the floor

I went to hell last night

Ice Cream

Promiseland

Paloma

Stay High

Maybe even Lollipop... I must admit I was pretty fed up with that song at some point but he took it to a whole new level on the Revelation tour and even more with the times when he performed it during the pandemic - like in I love Beirut, Versailles and on Xfactor with NAIP. Anyway I'd be ok with him skipping that one and some others like Ordinary Man, AOW or OMS, if he played some new songs instead. :wub2:

And I suppose he might not sing I went to hell or Paloma, also not PUOTF, but I think those would sound awesome in a symphonic version, so I added them anyway.

I was lucky enough to attend the symphonic concert in Como and the two in Florence and I loved them. I hope I'll also be able to attend those in Paris next October. I would add Good Guys, Ready To Call This Love, Tomorrow, Hurts and Lollipop to your list. :fangurl:

• Like 1

Hi guys :yay:,

Here is some additional information about the Philharmonie and the Mika concert:

- ⚠️ ERRATUM: A subscription includes the subscriber + 2 other accompanying persons maximum, ie 3 PLACES MAXIMUM per subscription and per concert date.

- You can book (only online) at the same time on Saturday AND Sunday for those who want to go on both dates 

- The minimum age required to go to the concert is 6 years old.  There is a reduction for those under 15.

- According to the sales advisor, almost all places should leave on Monday May 17 at 2 pm with subscriptions. For June 8, there would be only the last category available (ie very few places).

- There will be social distancing due to Covid-19 between each group of people, resulting in a reduced total number of places.

- A priori, for the moment, no need for a negative Covid test or proof of vaccination (complicated legally). Only the wearing of a mask is compulsory and social distancing must be respected.

- The places are nominative (in the name of the one who has the subscription). 

Really looking forward to it!!!! What (good) stress!! It's been a long time 🥳🥳🥳 Hoping that everyone can have their places. 🍀🍀🍀

Take care of you friends and see you soon! Bye :cloud:

Edited by Happymika_by_celine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Coucou Céline 

C'est Nathalie ( @clipmika) 

Pour le 17 mai on est obligé de réserver 3 concerts différents et pas seulement celui de Mika. Et le 8 juin il n'y aura plus de bonnes places 

Tu fais comment alors ?

Avec tout ces posts en anglais je ne comprends pas tout ...

Merci 😉

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

Hi guys :yay:,

Here is some additional information about the Philharmonie and the Mika concert:

- A subscription includes the subscriber + 3 other accompanying persons maximum, ie 4 PLACES MAXIMUM per subscription and per concert date.

- You can book (only online) at the same time on Saturday AND Sunday for those who want to go on both dates 

- The minimum age required to go to the concert is 6 years old.  There is a reduction for those under 15.

- According to the sales advisor, almost all places should leave on Monday May 17 at 2 pm with subscriptions. For June 8, there would be only the last category available (ie very few places).

- There will be social distancing due to Covid-19 between each group of people, resulting in a reduced total number of places.

- A priori, for the moment, no need for a negative Covid test or proof of vaccination (complicated legally). Only the wearing of a mask is compulsory and social distancing must be respected.

Really looking forward to it!!!! What (good) stress!! It's been a long time 🥳🥳🥳 Hoping that everyone can have their places. 🍀🍀🍀

Take care of you friends and see you soon! Bye :cloud:

Thanks for the update. About the age restriction I first heard 8 (also from people who called the venue), then 15, now 6. I thought about taking my son  who will be 7 then, but it's too insecure with all those different infos. 😅 Maybe better that way, if tickets are so limited that they say it'll be mostly sold out after the subscription presale, it's good if the real fans get the places. My son loves Mika and also classical music, but if hubby told him they'd go to the zoo that day, he'd happily switch. :teehee: 

With the social distancing between the groups, do the groups have to live in the same household or isn't that relevant? So I could sit next to a friend, but not between 2 friends if they buy their tickets extra? Well who knows how it'll be in October, maybe they can sell more seats closer to the date, if those restrictions aren't necessary anymore.

That the places are nominative, does it mean I can buy tickets for friends, or would they have to subscribe themselves? Also, if I have extra tickets and want to sell them on the website, would they change the name to which the tickets are registered?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

25 minutes ago, mellody said:

Also, if I have extra tickets and want to sell them on the website, would they change the name to which the tickets are registered?

I have the same question because with all these restrictions, you can't be sure if it will be possible to travel to France by October so if the tickets are non-transferable, I don't know if I can take the risk to buy them... :sad:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, cluppel nathalie said:

Coucou Céline 

C'est Nathalie ( @clipmika) 

Pour le 17 mai on est obligé de réserver 3 concerts différents et pas seulement celui de Mika. Et le 8 juin il n'y aura plus de bonnes places 

Tu fais comment alors ?

Avec tout ces posts en anglais je ne comprends pas tout ...

Merci 😉

Je t'écris sur Instagram Nath 😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

That the places are nominative, does it mean I can buy tickets for friends, or would they have to subscribe themselves? Also, if I have extra tickets and want to sell them on the website, would they change the name to which the tickets are registered?

Hello @mellody @giraffeandy

Of course you can buy tickets for friends in a limit of 2 friends by subscription. 

If you have extra tickets you won't have to change the name to sell them. They told me it was okay 😁

And don't worry they also told me that there was no verification at the entrance 😉 it would take way too long! They never check names anyway 😜 Zen! and fingers crossed! :crossed:

Edited by Happymika_by_celine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

- A subscription includes the subscriber + 3 other accompanying persons maximum, ie 4 PLACES MAXIMUM per subscription and per concert date.

Thanks for the info, Celine! I tried to make a simulation for a concert in May and it shows me that I can select 6 places for a subscription, not 4. Do you know if they will change that for Mika's concerts?

Screenshot (77).png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

⚠️ ERRATUM: A subscription includes the subscriber + 2 other accompanying persons maximum, ie 3 PLACES MAXIMUM per subscription and per concert date.

This morning, I was given erroneous information by phone that I relayed to you and I'm really sorry... hence my ERRATUM above (with the correct information this time)... I prefer not to say anything any more ... I wanted to help but everyone goes there in their own version (even at the Philarmonie!) and it's really disappointing... The best is still that each one does their best on their own Monday at 2pm or June 8... Hope you don't mind too much ...:sad:

Good luck everyone! 🍀

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, krysady said:

Thanks for the info, Celine! I tried to make a simulation for a concert in May and it shows me that I can select 6 places for a subscription, not 4. Do you know if they will change that for Mika's concerts?

Hi @krysady

For Mika's concerts, it's only 3 places maximum for a subscription 😉 I wrote an ERRATUM above. See you later 🥰 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1