23-24 October 2021: Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris - ticket talk

Mikasister

17 minutes ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

This morning, I was given erroneous information by phone that I relayed to you and I'm really sorry... hence my ERRATUM above (with the correct information this time)... I prefer not to say anything any more ... I wanted to help but everyone goes there in their own version (even at the Philarmonie!) and it's really disappointing... The best is still that each one does their best on their own Monday at 2pm or June 8... Hope you don't mind too much ...:sad:

Good luck everyone! 🍀

Don't feel bad, @Happymika_by_celine! That's how this sort of thing always goes -- if you ask 5 different people a question, you'll get 5 different answers, each one convinced that they are correct. It can't be helped.

I find it hard to believe that most of the tickets will be gone after the subscriptions on May 17, but I know that there should be some set aside for MFC -- unless of course they change their minds on that. :dunno:

I appreciate your trying to help and to explain, but as you say each person will have to do their best to figure out how it's going to work and which option is the best for them.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

According to the sales advisor, almost all places should leave on Monday May 17 at 2 pm with subscriptions. For June 8, there would be only the last category available (ie very few places).

On the website it says there will be also a youth subscription presale from May 25th, I suppose they will also keep some tickets for that?

I think it's quite good that they are splitting the presale into many different ones with different ticket allocations (and ofc I would hope they don't change their mind about the ones set aside for MFC!), I suppose if they had just done one general sale, it'd have been sold out within minutes. This way I think fans who follow Mika and know about the different options, dates and times of the presales have an advantage compared to random concert goers. :thumb_yello:

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Happymika_by_celine said:

Hi @krysady

For Mika's concerts, it's only 3 places maximum for a subscription 😉 I wrote an ERRATUM above. See you later 🥰 

Thank you very much :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mellody said:

So just wondering, what would everyone's dream setlist be?

I based mine on the other symphonic /orchestra gigs he has done, plus a few songs I'd just love to hear in a symphonic version. Don't care about the order, but I'd love:

Toy Boy

Underwater

Last Party

Any Other World

Ordinary Man

Heroes

Tiny Love (and/or Reprise)

Dear Jealousy

Grace Kelly

Over my shoulder

Happy Ending

Origin of Love

Relax
Elle me Dit

Love today

Pick up off the floor

I went to hell last night

Ice Cream

Promiseland

Paloma

Stay High

Maybe even Lollipop... I must admit I was pretty fed up with that song at some point but he took it to a whole new level on the Revelation tour and even more with the times when he performed it during the pandemic - like in I love Beirut, Versailles and on Xfactor with NAIP. Anyway I'd be ok with him skipping that one and some others like Ordinary Man, AOW or OMS, if he played some new songs instead. :wub2:

And I suppose he might not sing I went to hell or Paloma, also not PUOTF, but I think those would sound awesome in a symphonic version, so I added them anyway.

Hmm... we played this game a bit on our IG Live last week and I really like daydreaming about this. I would make some changes to your list, mostly because I want to hear him do a number of songs he's not done with an orchestra before. I've limited the list to 20 songs -- how many did he do at the other symphonic concerts? I've never counted.

Toy Boy

Underwater

Last Party

Heroes

Dear Jealousy

Over my shoulder

Happy Ending

Origin of Love

Relax

Pick up off the floor

Promiseland

Paloma

Porcelain

No Place in Heaven

Make You Happy

Stardust

Overrated
Les Baisers Perdus

Comme un Soleil mal Lune

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mellody said:

Como dije, la opción más confiable para obtener boletos probablemente sería usar la suscripción que comenzará el próximo lunes (17 de mayo) a partir de las 2 pm hora europea. Si solo es posible comprar 1 concierto de Mika con una suscripción, aún puede intentar obtener el segundo en una posible preventa de MFC. De todos modos, le recomendaría a cualquiera que NO confíe completamente en una preventa de MFC, ya que es probable que para eso haya más personas interesadas que boletos disponibles.

En cuanto a conocer a otros fans, ya hablamos de una posible reunión, tal vez el día antes del show o el sábado por la tarde, ya que no tenemos que hacer cola. Hasta ahora no tenemos ningún plan detallado al respecto, también depende de cómo se verá la pandemia hasta entonces. Pero seguramente habrá algún tipo de reunión, aunque solo sea al aire libre en el parque.: biggrin2:

¿Quizás deberíamos alquilar un autobús turístico privado de París, para tener nuestro autobús turístico MFC? : teehee:

I voted for the MFC bus!!! 

Edited by MikeCallejas
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hmm... we played this game a bit on our IG Live last week and I really like daydreaming about this. I would make some changes to your list, mostly because I want to hear him do a number of songs he's not done with an orchestra before. I've limited the list to 20 songs -- how many did he do at the other symphonic concerts? I've never counted.

Toy Boy

Underwater

Last Party

Heroes

Dear Jealousy

Over my shoulder

Happy Ending

Origin of Love

Relax

Pick up off the floor

Promiseland

Paloma

Porcelain

No Place in Heaven

Make You Happy

Stardust

Overrated
Les Baisers Perdus

Comme un Soleil mal Lune

On the Sinfonia Pop DVD it's 20, if I counted correctly. I already threw out a few of those from my list, in favor of adding others, but still ended up with 21. :teehee:

Porcelain could indeed be interesting in a symphonic version. And I also thought of adding Un Soleil Mal Lune, because I really love it and it's so delicate... but just like with Blue, I can't really imagine a symphonic version of it. I certainly don't mind tho if Mika decides to surprise us, I'm sure that whatever songs he'll be doing, they'll be awesome. :mikalove: He's not the type for "just ok". 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MikeCallejas said:

I see that everything is inserted and nobody knows much about ticket sales, I don't know, I'm afraid, I think I better forget my dream of traveling from Mexico just to live this magical moment, I'm very sad:emot-sad:

Don't give up hope yet.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, MikeCallejas said:

I see that everything is inserted and nobody knows much about ticket sales, I don't know, I'm afraid, I think I better forget my dream of traveling from Mexico just to live this magical moment, I'm very sad:emot-sad:

Just keep checking here. With Mika you have to know that usually everything happens last minute. This time it's not because of Mika but because we all get different infos from the Philharmonie, but it helps that most of us are already used to this chaos and having to be flexible. 😅

What I suggest you to do is look on the website of the Philharmonie on Monday 2pm European time (probably in the morning for you?), and if you don't understand what you have to do there, ask here on the thread again. When we see what the website offers, we can tell you. Right now we don't have all the info.

I think the bigger problem might be travel restrictions due to Covid? Can you travel from Mexico to Europe? I know that I couldn't travel to the US right now, but the rules are different everywhere. Just make sure to inform yourself if travelling is possible, if maybe you need to quarantine when you arrive, need a vaccination, etc..

• Like 6

10 hours ago, MikeCallejas said:

Wait with hope things often start as a mess but end up going fine when it comes to Mika :hug: I know it is very complicated especially now but soon we will certainly get more information and you should be able to start planning :huglove:

• Like 6

I've just added the direct links to the 2 gigs in the first post. The tickets should be available on these links, once they are on sale.

Link for Saturday:

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/en/activity/concert/22643-mika-symphonique

Link for Sunday:

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/fr/activite/concert/23564-mika-symphonique

More confusion tho, for Saturday it says tickets are available from 12 noon on Monday, for Sunday it says 2pm. 😅 :facepalm: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I don't know if anybody can answer my question but I'll try anyway :teehee: – I saw on the website that there's a youth subscription option. I'm not sure if it's a completely different subscription programme with cheaper, more limited choice of seats or just a discounted version of the regular one. But apparently it also contains priority booking.

I have to say that I'm really confused by their website because for example, on one page there's the description with "two or more concerts or shows" you have to choose but then if you click on the "start +2 subscription" button, you suddenly see that you have to choose between 3 and 5 concerts (and the name changes to "+3 subscription" which wasn't even an option before)... :confused: 

(Also it doesn't help that parts of the page are still in French even though I choosed the English version but to be honest, I wouldn't expect otherwise. :naughty:)

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

I've just added the direct links to the 2 gigs in the first post. The tickets should be available on these links, once they are on sale.

Link for Saturday:

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/en/activity/concert/22643-mika-symphonique

Link for Sunday:

https://philharmoniedeparis.fr/fr/activite/concert/23564-mika-symphonique

More confusion tho, for Saturday it says tickets are available from 12 noon on Monday, for Sunday it says 2pm. 😅 :facepalm: 

Now I see "from 12pm on Monday 17 May" on both pages! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Wait with hope things often start as a mess but end up going fine when it comes to Mika :hug: I know it is very complicated especially now but soon we will certainly get more information and you should be able to start planning :huglove:

Yes Anne is exactly right. I know that they are working very hard behind the scenes to make things happen for us, we just don't have all the info yet. But I have faith that it will all work out in the end.

11 hours ago, MikeCallejas said:

Aww @MikeCallejas don't give up yet, as others have said. You should have several chances to buy tickets over the next few weeks. Just keep checking here and everyone here will do what they can to help you out! Plus, even after all the tickets are sold, I have a feeling that there will be fans with extra tickets that they'll need to sell -- fans always over-buy, it seems, in an attempt to get better seats, or seats closer to their friends, so you might have the chance to grab some of those "spares"!

14 hours ago, mellody said:

On the Sinfonia Pop DVD it's 20, if I counted correctly. I already threw out a few of those from my list, in favor of adding others, but still ended up with 21. :teehee:

Porcelain could indeed be interesting in a symphonic version. And I also thought of adding Un Soleil Mal Lune, because I really love it and it's so delicate... but just like with Blue, I can't really imagine a symphonic version of it. I certainly don't mind tho if Mika decides to surprise us, I'm sure that whatever songs he'll be doing, they'll be awesome. :mikalove: He's not the type for "just ok". 

Yes, that's true. :mika1:

But about the other songs like Blue -- it could be that they wouldn't have the full orchestra accompanying Mika, but maybe, like he did with Without Her or Les Baisers Perdus during the Versailles concert, just have a soloist like the cellist or guitarist. Simon Leclerc came up with some genius arrangements for Mika's songs, so I am confident that we're going to be treated to more of the same. I can't wait!

• Like 10

14 hours ago, MikeCallejas said:

Like said Deb, even if it's sold out, there will probably have fans with extra tickets. Maybe I will have one myself depending of how fans presales are working and susciption things (at least, if I have tickets at the first place). I will tell there if it's the case, and I'm pretty sure I will not be the only one, on this forum or no. Don't lose hope before trying  :thumb_yello:

As for the covid, I suppose it's difficult to see where we will be at that time for everyone, even me, in France. But honestly, I don't want to think of that for the moment. :lmfao:

• Like 2

Some are giving up already, some of us already have travel/accommodation planned ready to book, some are planning what to wear... I spent my lunch break today in Google maps browsing the restaurants in Paris... :naughty:

Mika, do you see what you do to your fans?? :loco:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Some are giving up already, some of us already have travel/accommodation planned ready to book, some are planning what to wear... I spent my lunch break today in Google maps browsing the restaurants in Paris... :naughty:

Mika, do you see what you do to your fans?? :loco:

Whatever you will do in Paris you have to visit the Musée Grévin and take a picture with wax figure Mika and put it here as your profile picture so that I won't remain the only freak with a selfie with wax figure Mika. :lol3::biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Whatever you will do in Paris you have to visit the Musée Grévin and take a picture with wax figure Mika and put it here as your profile picture so that I won't remain the only freak with a selfie with wax figure Mika. :lol3::biggrin2:

:floor:  No no no, I wouldn't want to copy the Mika Whisperer! That's unique to you! Besides, wax figures freak me out. 

Loving your rank by the way. :naughty:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prisca said:

I went to the Musee Grevin in Montreal and took a photo with Wax Mika there, but I don't think I want to put it as my profile pic! I'll let you remain the Only Lonely One, Prisca! :lol3:

• Haha 4

Thanks Debbie,  You are doing your best. Everybody wil do his best too  next monday unless you share different information  with us in between. We will try hard to get a subscription online   and we cross fingers..In MIka we trusf:)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mellody said:

I think the bigger problem might be travel restrictions due to Covid? Can you travel from Mexico to Europe? I know that I couldn't travel to the US right now, but the rules are different everywhere. Just make sure to inform yourself if travelling is possible, if maybe you need to quarantine when you arrive, need a vaccination, etc..

Don't know how long it will last  (probably for a while .....)  , but here are the new "rules" decided while we're going to have the restriction lightened in France

Covid-19 : le pass sanitaire entrera en vigueur le 9 juin (francetvinfo.fr)

I know that the "sanitary pass" will be tested in Roland Garros in about 3 weeks.

People will be allowed to go in if they can show a vaccin proof , recent negativ test ( 48 hours ) or a proof that they got a Covid imunity within the 6 last months 

Roland-Garros pourra accueillir 5 000 spectateurs par jour - L'Équipe (lequipe.fr)

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just wanted to point out, because there seems to be a lot of confusion about the subscriptions: From what I understand, you don't have to pay an extra fee for a subscription (that was only this "friends" membership this week), but just buy tickets for 3 concerts. The ticket prices start from ca. 20€ per concert, also for Mika there are cheaper places, not all the tickets cost 80€! Just the best category. AND there is a discount with a subscription, so you only pay 67€ instead of 80€ for a ticket in the best category - so it's not much to buy a 20€ ticket for another show (or 2) that you won't need, maybe you can even sell that over the website later.

As I said, we'll know all the details for sure on Monday when the subscriptions are open, but don't let the word "subscription" scare you off, it's NOT like some sort of membership like this "friends" thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

If I understood correctly, the subscription 3+ was/is for the season 2020-21. For the season 2021-22 the subscriptions are 2+ or 4+. So I think that in the 2+ both Mika's concerts are enough, without the need to buy a ticket for a third concert. 

• Like 4