2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

11 minutes ago, Prisca said:

And since there is no dress code for the location, they don't really have the right to do that, do they? :dunno_grin:

I'm sure they don't really care about it so it's up to you. I think that your clothes are appropiate, personally I'd prefer the black trousers with the blue blouse, I think that would be a really nice combination. The shoes are fine too. :original:

So far I'm thinking about these two outfits, of course I'd need a jacket and I'd wear tights with the dress. The silver clutch would be the same for both outfits and I have new black pumps with tiny black rhinestones (but they are just a bit shiny so it isn't anything over-the-top). 

outfits.jpg.46a040464f7708ec3750aeaa7c66d73f.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm sure they don't really care about it so it's up to you. I think that your clothes are appropiate, personally I'd prefer the black trousers with the blue blouse, I think that would be a really nice combination. The shoes are fine too. :original:

So far I'm thinking about these two outfits, of course I'd need a jacket and I'd wear tights with the dress. The silver clutch would be the same for both outfits and I have new black pumps with tiny black rhinestones (but they are just a bit shiny so it isn't anything over-the-top). 

I like both outfits. :thumb_yello:

Ah yes, I should also think about a bag. :doh:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I like both outfits. :thumb_yello:

Ah yes, I should also think about a bag. :doh:

And a pretty mask ......otherwise it will ruin all your efforts :naughty:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, carafon said:

And a pretty mask ......otherwise it will ruin all your efforts :naughty:

At least, as far as that is concerned, I am prepared. :wink2:

grafik.thumb.png.3170f9d71bb112f6ebc664552095de0b.png

:biggrin2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok, here are some ideas what I could wear in October. What do you think, is it ok for the concert? It seems like I'm the first one to show the clothes, while I'm wearing them, but I find it easier than describing them or searching for similar clothes on the internet and at the latest in October some of you will see me anyway. :original:

Here has been a discussion how bright it can be and this is of course a mather of taste. In my case, I LOVE bright colours (basically Mika's garderobe for the Indeed concert :biggrin2:), but often doesn't like to stand out too much, a never ending problem. :lmfao:

And here the opinion was also that you should feel good above all with what you wear. I totally agree with that. :yes: The only problem is that if I wear something that is not appropriate at all, I wouldn't feel comfortable when people stare at me and think how she dares to wear something like that for this event, even if I actually like the clothes. Although I don't think Mika fans are like that ...

And since there is no dress code for the location, they don't really have the right to do that, do they? :dunno_grin:

You can of course say whether you like the clothes or not, but what matters to me most is whether you think they are appropriate. :original:

grafik.thumb.png.0f6fb45472c15ea0a771a4c0d6f4ba1f.png

I really like this blouse. :yes: I have another pair of white trousers, maybe I'll wear them, I think they would be less tight.

I think the black trousers suit me actually better than the white. That's actually a t-shirt. I like the colour, but I'm not so convinced, because it is not so elegant (and if I really wore it, I would iron it of course :blush:).

I'm not really a pink fan, but I think this top is not even that bad. Let's see if I change my mind again by October. :lmfao:

And here my shoes, since you can't see them that good in the other pictures. :original:

What I certainly don't want to wear is black trousers with a classic white shirt or a black shirt or top. I just had to wear that too often when I was playing in brass bands, I just don't want to wear that anymore, especially not at Mika's concerts. :original:

Of course I don't mind if someone wears it, but it's just not me. :dunno_grin:

I like your outfit on the first photo. With white trousers (are they white white? on the photo they look look like ecru).

They give more light to the dark blouse. And you can add something bright/shiny around your neck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Ok, here are some ideas what I could wear in October. What do you think, is it ok for the concert? It seems like I'm the first one to show the clothes, while I'm wearing them, but I find it easier than describing them or searching for similar clothes on the internet and at the latest in October some of you will see me anyway. :original:

Here has been a discussion how bright it can be and this is of course a mather of taste. In my case, I LOVE bright colours (basically Mika's garderobe for the Indeed concert :biggrin2:), but often doesn't like to stand out too much, a never ending problem. :lmfao:

And here the opinion was also that you should feel good above all with what you wear. I totally agree with that. :yes: The only problem is that if I wear something that is not appropriate at all, I wouldn't feel comfortable when people stare at me and think how she dares to wear something like that for this event, even if I actually like the clothes. Although I don't think Mika fans are like that ...

You can of course say whether you like the clothes or not, but what matters to me most is whether you think they are appropriate. :original:

grafik.thumb.png.0f6fb45472c15ea0a771a4c0d6f4ba1f.png

I really like this blouse. :yes: I have another pair of white trousers, maybe I'll wear them, I think they would be less tight.

grafik.thumb.png.daae2f0fd908041290a6fdfa13a59439.png

I think the black trousers suit me actually better than the white. That's actually a t-shirt. I like the colour, but I'm not so convinced, because it is not so elegant (and if I really wore it, I would iron it of course :blush:).

grafik.thumb.png.dc25eceff484445427f0403903cc0964.png

I'm not really a pink fan, but I think this top is not even that bad. Let's see if I change my mind again by October. :lmfao:

grafik.thumb.png.fdb9815c25285533b42aa36723d9706d.png

grafik.thumb.png.f198c177beda537367a6a62c462e9950.png

And here my shoes, since you can't see them that good in the other pictures. :original:

What I certainly don't want to wear is black trousers with a classic white shirt or a black shirt or top. I just had to wear that too often when I was playing in brass bands, I just don't want to wear that anymore, especially not at Mika's concerts. :original:

Of course I don't mind if someone wears it, but it's just not me. :dunno_grin:

I really like the blue blouse! All the outfits are appropriate, but what stands out the most to me is the blue blouse. Maybe even in combination with the black pants as mentioned earlier, that would look super classy.

You can always bling it up with a nice bag and accessories!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I love both!! Though I do think the colour on the right suits you best of the two. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I like your outfit on the first photo. With white trousers (are they white white? on the photo they look look like ecru).

They give more light to the dark blouse. And you can add something bright/shiny around your neck.

Oh, it's difficult for me to describe the exact colour of the trousers, but they are lighter as they appear in the picture, I guess more ore less like that:

grafik.thumb.png.43dc502b4abffcced27d97240f020ec7.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I really like the blue blouse! All the outfits are appropriate, but what stands out the most to me is the blue blouse. Maybe even in combination with the black pants as mentioned earlier, that would look super classy.

Good, until now all like the blue blouse. I'll probably wear that. :thumb_yello:

It's just that I need two outfits, or it would be better :lol3: since I sit both evenings pretty much in the same place. I'm afraid that the white trousers are not going to survive the first evening without making a spot :facepalm:, but luckily I have two. :biggrin2:

However, I'm not sure yet at which evening I wear the white and when the black pants or if I wear on both evenings white pants. :dunno_grin:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I love both!! Though I do think the colour on the right suits you best of the two. 

I have to admit that the colours appear a bit different in the photos due to the bad lightning conditions – the dress is a bit brighter and on the other hand, the blouse is not as bright as it seems. Maybe it's better in this photo I took now:

colours.thumb.jpg.86add554b65da7472d940ff14288617a.jpg

(The dress is new so I still kept the labels on in case I'm going to return it but I think I'll keep it... :original:)

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Oh wow, great colours and ideas! 

So, that floor length gown I was eyeing up earlier would be OTT then... :blush: :naughty:

EP09816BD-PR_88a5d4a2-55ed-4469-a7fe-941cd74eb6a0_800x.thumb.jpg.490061f3539f879f215c04825d8072b0.jpg

No, I don't think so, it's very elegant! OTT would be a dress like this...

Sparkly Prom Dresses, 2021 Evening Dresses, Crystal Evening Dresses, Ball  Gown Evening Dresses, Fashion Evening Dresses, Tulle Formal Dresses, Cheap  Prom Dresse… | Evening dresses for weddings, Ball gowns wedding, Princess  wedding dresses

I guess that would be a little too much for this occasion. :teehee: But your dress is suitable imo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh that’s GORGEOUS

It is. But I've just realised it would require a strapless bra, and those things kill me, so nope. 

But, would something like that be too much? I don't want to be overdressed. 

1 minute ago, giraffeandy said:

No, I don't think so, it's very elegant! OTT would be a dress like this...

Sparkly Prom Dresses, 2021 Evening Dresses, Crystal Evening Dresses, Ball  Gown Evening Dresses, Fashion Evening Dresses, Tulle Formal Dresses, Cheap  Prom Dresse… | Evening dresses for weddings, Ball gowns wedding, Princess  wedding dresses

I guess that would be a little too much for this occasion. :teehee: But your dress is suitable imo. 

Oops, our posts crossed! :naughty:  Wow that dress is AMAZING! Maybe if he gives a royal gala performance. :teehee:

Ok, I'd like to be dressy on at least one night, so will keep looking on those lines. Thanks! 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 4:04 PM, Hero said:

Oh my god, I hate British bureaucracy.  Passport application is on hold because I sent them what I thought was my original birth certificate, turns out it was only a photocopy. :doh:

Ok. Applied and paid online for an official copy of my birth certificate. Today received notice they've refunded me as they "cannot locate a record for the details provided". What?? :doh:

Had a search on a free indexing project site, located my details, turns out my Mum was registered under a different surname by mistake. :doh:

Have now requested my correct details/certificate, and will then deal with the inevitable queries from the passport office.

Oy vey... 3rd time lucky... :crossed:

I'm going to be there! Even if I have to build a raft and paddle across the channel! 

Update: I've received the certified copy of my birth certificate. Rang the passport helpline and was told the name difference would be queried, so I have to get a 'statutory declaration' from a solicitor explaining the discrepancy. :doh:

So now I have a solicitors appointment for tomorrow afternoon. For which I need to provide evidence of who I am (utility bill, bank statement/card, id card from work, etc). Cue running around gathering documents. :doh:

It'll be worth it in the end. Mika, I hope you appreciate all this! :naughty:

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Hero said:

Update: I've received the certified copy of my birth certificate. Rang the passport helpline and was told the name difference would be queried, so I have to get a 'statutory declaration' from a solicitor explaining the discrepancy. :doh:

So now I have a solicitors appointment for tomorrow afternoon. For which I need to provide evidence of who I am (utility bill, bank statement/card, id card from work, etc). Cue running around gathering documents. :doh:

I'm sorry to hear that, sounds really complicated and exhausting, hopefully you'll get your passport soon! :pray:

Btw, wouldn't it be easier to have an ID card in the UK? Just saying because without it, everything seems even more complicated than having one extra card. :biggrin2:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hero said:

:hypo:

Look at it this way, I know that you would prefer Mika's concerts to be tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. But do you know how upset you would be if the concerts were so early and you didn't have your passport and couldn't go? :yes:

You should definitely have your passport by October. :crossed:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Btw, wouldn't it be easier to have an ID card in the UK? Just saying because without it, everything seems even more complicated than having one extra card. 

Yes, indeed, I was actually surprised that the UK does not have an ID card. :blink:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hero said:

That sounds like such a pain! I hope it gets sorted soon!!:crossed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Btw, wouldn't it be easier to have an ID card in the UK? Just saying because without it, everything seems even more complicated than having one extra card. :biggrin2:

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, indeed, I was actually surprised that the UK does not have an ID card. :blink:

It was proposed at one point, but met a lot of resistance from various quarters. I think it was during a period when there was a lot of concern about 'big brother' and loss of personal liberties, and it was seen as an extension of that. Plus it's a change of culture. I don't know, I was generally in favour, it made sense to me. I think the idea was shelved for future consideration. Would have been helpful now! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hero said:

For which I need to provide evidence of who I am (utility bill, bank statement/card, id card from work, etc). Cue running around gathering documents. :doh:

This is what we do with our ID card, we don't need anything else to prove our identity. We use that document so often, that it was shocking for me to hear that you don't have something like that. In this case I'd always have a valid passport as an alternative, it would save you a lot of trouble :dunno_grin: 

Now let's hope we will have the chance to use our documents in October, I'm really worried about this new Epsilon variant spreading around :aah:

Edited by krysady

17 minutes ago, krysady said:

Now let's hope we will have the chance to use our documents in October, I'm really worried about this new Epsilon variant spreading around 

Epsilon? I hadn't even heard about it yet. :sad:

30 minutes ago, krysady said:

In this case I'd always have a valid passport as an alternative, it would save you a lot of trouble :dunno_grin: 

Well, she didn't need a passport for 20 years. It seems to work without as long as she doesn't need to leave her country. :original:

Edited by Prisca