2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

The more prosperous a community, the taller the people who live in it. 

I must say that I traveled almost the whole Europe and the tallest people I've met were in Switzerland, so yeah, it's true :thumb_yello:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Tbh, I don't think it's just that because if you look at the list of countries with tallest persons, not all of them are the most prosperous... So there has to be more factors, also people in the north tend to be taller than people in the south. 

image.thumb.png.22c88a3ac48e5cd7142d7bec39faf9e1.png

Btw, I'm 10 cm taller than the average woman in my country and about 4 cm taller than the average person. And I wish I was rich. :lmfao:

Yes, you're right, is only one indicator. There are also genes, etc.

You don't need necessarly to be rich, having enough healthy food already helps. :wink2:

People in the US were once taller than the Dutch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

You don't need necessarly to be rich, having enough healthy food already helps. :wink2:

Yeah I know, I wasn't complaining at all, only making fun that although I live in one of the tallest countries and my family is even taller than the average, we are not super rich... :teehee:

• Like 1

Just now, krysady said:

I must say that I traveled almost the whole Europe and the tallest people I've met were in Switzerland, so yeah, it's true :thumb_yello:

We haven't been rich that long, until about 150 years ago we emigrated to America because of poverty. :wink2:

I think we are just catching up. :lmfao:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Prisca said:

You're not even as small as you think. You simply live and work where the people are among the tallest in the world.

This is so true. When I was growing up in Amsterdam I was (still am!) looking up and I would be twirled into the air quite regularly :facepalm: I guess because they couldn’t hear me allllll the way down there close to the earth :lol3:

26 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I don't know if it's good news that you'll be pretty average in France.

JE SUIS DE TAILLE MOYENNE!!! 🎉🎉🎉 (merci beaucoup Google Translate :lol3:)

28 minutes ago, Prisca said:

How tall I am? 1.63 cm!!!!! :biggrin2:

NOUS SOMMES DE TAILLE MOYENNE!!! :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Since I assume that, apart from the French, most Italians will be at the concerts, here are the average sizes.

Average Female hight:

France: 164,5 cm (5 ft 4 in)

Italy: 161,8 cm (5 ft 3 in)

Intresting.... i'm going to stick out more than I thought:lmfao: I'm about 5'10/5'11 and in heels (which i'm planning to wear) I'm over 6ft... if anyone spots a giant its me:lmfao:

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

Intresting.... i'm going to stick out more than I thought:lmfao: I'm about 5'10/5'11 and in heels (which i'm planning to wear) I'm over 6ft... if anyone spots a giant its me:lmfao:

If I don't see something or need something from above, I'll ask you or @giraffeandy, ok? :flowers2:

• Haha 5

I've bought new pumps and the heels are 3" so I guess I'll be about 185-186 cm with them? That would be only 5 cm less than Mika. :biggrin2: If I dare to wear them... :teehee: (And I know I said before that I don't wear heels and that's TRUE but I really liked the shoes and the other heels were even higher.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

so I guess I'll be about 185-186 cm with them

You and the other giants will protect me and the other dwarves, won't you? :pray:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

If I don't see something or need something from above, I'll ask you or @giraffeandy, ok? :flowers2:

Deal:lmfao:

52 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

I've bought new pumps and the heels are 3" so I guess I'll be about 185-186 cm with them? That would be only 5 cm less than Mika. :biggrin2: If I dare to wear them... :teehee: (And I know I said before that I don't wear heels and that's TRUE but I really liked the shoes and the other heels were even higher.) 

You have to wear them! then I won't be a giant on my own:biggrin2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

You have to wear them! then I won't be a giant on my own:biggrin2:

I'll join you in the giants club. Not sure of my height, but I'm often asked to help reach things off the top shelf in the supermarket. :naughty: 

Now I just need to find some heels I can actually walk in! I'd love some elegant slender heels, but will probably go with kitten heels - not as far to fall. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hero said:

I'll join you in the giants club. Not sure of my height, but I'm often asked to help reach things off the top shelf in the supermarket. :naughty: 

You have no idea how many times I've had to get out of the car to press the button for the parking ticket in the car park because I didn't get close enough and my arm was too short. :facepalm:

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Hero said:

Not sure of my height, but I'm often asked to help reach things off the top shelf in the supermarket. :naughty: 

This literally never happens to me. Even my kids tell me to get either a chair or someone else to help us :facepalm: 

39 minutes ago, Prisca said:

You have no idea how many times I've had to get out of the car to press the button for the parking ticket in the car park because I didn't get close enough and my arm was too short. :facepalm:

OMG SAME!!!!

I would high five you, but my arm is too short :biggrin2:

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Hero said:

Interesting, you have Mika's job. When he lived in London, neighbour Kyle Minogue used to call him to give her things from the high shelves. :thumb_yello:

By the way, Kyle Minogue is 1.52 m (5 ft). She beats us all when it comes to shortness. :thumb_yello: At least those who have revealed their height. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mikasister said:

You can ask me too if you want. I'm 1'69 but 1'72 in heels.:biggrin2: 

I just measured the heels of my pumps. It's just under 6 cm, so I can at least make it to 1.69 m, too. :yay:

Not that I plan to walk around in pumps all day. :lmfao:

Ah, that'll be fine, I felt pretty average during my six-month stay in Paris as I usually do in Switzerland (with exceptions :lmfao:).

And the table here also confirms that.

grafik.thumb.png.9df76cb82468f3ceab97fde58e5249af.png

France place 35, Switzerland place 36. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

By the way, you can visit many museums and other institutions for free on the first Sunday of every month in Paris. :yes:

The entrance for free to the Louvre is now on the first Saturday of every month and no longer on Sunday. :yay:

If anyone plans to stay that long, that would be the 7th of November. :thumb_yello:

Or someone wants to spontaneously fly to Paris for a weekend, if the epidemiological situation would finally allow it. :rolleyes:

And if you are under 26, many facilities are ALWAYS for free. :yes:

The Château de Versailles is also listed here. When I was in Paris, it wasn't on the list, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have gone to see it (to see everything, the ticket normally costs 27 euros, when there are events). :crybaby:

Here is the list with the different facilities and when and for whom the entrance is for free (this link is for English, but you can switch to several other languages :wink2:):

https://en.parisinfo.com/discovering-paris/themed-guides/paris-for-free/free-museums-and-monuments-in-paris/free-admission-and-good-deals-in-museums-and-monuments-in-paris

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

Interesting, you have Mika's job. When he lived in London, neighbour Kyle Minogue used to call him to give her things from the high shelves. :thumb_yello:

I’d also like a Mika to pick things from the high shelves in instead of the small staircase I always use.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

And if you are under 26, many facilities are ALWAYS for free. :yes:

So I guess I have to visit as much as possible on both Friday and Saturday... :teehee:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

Not that I plan to walk around in pumps all day. :lmfao:

Me neither, I couldn't :sweatdrop: High heels are not good for your feet and back if you wear them often. Beautiful of course but not healthy. 

• Like 2