2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

If it says EU on the QR Code document and the CovPass App can read it, it's valid within all of the EU. :thumb_yello:

I got QR codes at the vaccination centre as well, but those aren't EU documents - it was before the EU agreed on this system.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

If it says EU on the QR Code document and the CovPass App can read it, it's valid within all of the EU. :thumb_yello:

I got QR codes at the vaccination centre as well, but those aren't EU documents - it was before the EU agreed on this system.

It says "EU-Certificate", so it makes sense that it is also valid in France👍

20210718_225127.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I have found the perfect shoe for all those who want to have foot pain in Paris. :aah:

grafik.png.a9a9d51ae1612f4d60156217677c5e21.png

Yeah and we have to buy them one size smaller too, so we can feel the pain Mika had in his feet before getting custom-made shoes by Louboutin. :mf_rosetinted: :insane: :lmfao:

Anyway: :uhno: - these don't just look extremely uncomfortable, but I don't even find them pretty. :teehee:

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I have found the perfect shoe for all those who want to have foot pain in Paris. :aah:

grafik.png.a9a9d51ae1612f4d60156217677c5e21.png

I'd have to break my ankle just to put that on! But, they're bondage shoes aren't they? What kind of sites are you looking on?   :lmfao:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Hero said:

I'd have to break my ankle just to put that on! But, they're bondage shoes aren't they? What kind of sites are you looking on?   :lmfao:

I was not even looking for shoes. :lmfao:

I was working and all of a sudden this ad pops up. I don't know who would think I would like shoes like that. :dunno_grin:

• Haha 2

Passport saga - an update. 

Finally got the Statutory Declaration sorted out yesterday with the solicitors. Today I received a certified copy of my mother's birth record showing her correct maiden name. Great, all supporting docs in order, let's get them to the passport people. Wrote a covering note, stuffed them in an envelope and walked to my local post office. Shutters down, sign on door, due to sickness and holidays closed until next Monday. AHHHHH! 

Checked closing time online for the main office in town, had 30 mins. Hopped on bus, crossed fingers, then ran. :lol3: Made it just in time. 

So docs on way,thank goodness. Hopefully it's sufficient, I can't really do anymore except offer a dna sample! 

What a to-do. :hair: :insane: :whew:

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Hero said:

Passport saga - an update. 

Finally got the Statutory Declaration sorted out yesterday with the solicitors. Today I received a certified copy of my mother's birth record showing her correct maiden name. Great, all supporting docs in order, let's get them to the passport people. Wrote a covering note, stuffed them in an envelope and walked to my local post office. Shutters down, sign on door, due to sickness and holidays closed until next Monday. AHHHHH! 

Checked closing time online for the main office in town, had 30 mins. Hopped on bus, crossed fingers, then ran. :lol3: Made it just in time. 

So docs on way,thank goodness. Hopefully it's sufficient, I can't really do anymore except offer a dna sample! 

What a to-do. :hair: :insane: :whew:

Whoah good thing you started the passport saga now! With so many obstacles it will be there just in time! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Whoah good thing you started the passport saga now! With so many obstacles it will be there just in time! 

I'll be tracking the application online to see when I'm eligible to request a fast track, otherwise it'll be mid October. 

If you see someone at the concert with a nervous tic, it's me! 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Hero said:

I'll be tracking the application online to see when I'm eligible to request a fast track, otherwise it'll be mid October. 

Oh god thats such a pain! good job you managed to get it sent off on time!! fingers crossed it all works out this time!!:crossed:

I had a brief look yesterday to see what you have to do regarding covid tests and documents to get in and out of the uk and France and my head hurts! Its made so much more complicated bc in wales we have a totally different set of rules to England and so different tests are needed as covid tests accepted by England aren't accepted by Wales and vice versa, but its hard to know what tests and paperwork i need if i'm flying to and from England but going back to Wales... so i decided to leave this stress till late September when hopefully things will be sorted out and more simple!!:lmfao:I mean it will probably change 50 times by then and I can't do anything now anyways as its too early! It will be a small miracle if i get there without any problems:lmfao:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Oh god thats such a pain! good job you managed to get it sent off on time!! fingers crossed it all works out this time!!:crossed:

I had a brief look yesterday to see what you have to do regarding covid tests and documents to get in and out of the uk and France and my head hurts! Its made so much more complicated bc in wales we have a totally different set of rules to England and so different tests are needed as covid tests accepted by England aren't accepted by Wales and vice versa, but its hard to know what tests and paperwork i need if i'm flying to and from England but going back to Wales... so i decided to leave this stress till late September when hopefully things will be sorted out and more simple!!:lmfao:I mean it will probably change 50 times by then and I can't do anything now anyways as its too early! It will be a small miracle if i get there without any problems:lmfao:

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm refusing to even think about travel restrictions, quarantine etc until a month before as its all changing so often. 

You're planning to fly? Can you go directly from Wales? I'm thinking of getting the Eurostar. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hero said:

I guess I will be able to sit still. Unless someone makes me laugh. :yes:

When Mika e.g. says something about sticking out the tongue, I fear I will have a lot of trouble controlling myself. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Hero said:

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm refusing to even think about travel restrictions, quarantine etc until a month before as its all changing so often. 

You're planning to fly? Can you go directly from Wales? I'm thinking of getting the Eurostar. 

I was actually thinking about the eurostar as I think its cheaper and I hate flying so a win win! Plus I just checked and since Flybee went under there are no direct flights from Cardiff to Paris, I would have to stop over in Amsterdam which could be quite fun but with covid could be a nightmare! So I guess I will probably have to go from England.. I hope the rules are clearer by october!!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Emily2b said:

I was actually thinking about the eurostar as I think its cheaper and I hate flying so a win win! Plus I just checked and since Flybee went under there are no direct flights from Cardiff to Paris, I would have to stop over in Amsterdam which could be quite fun but with covid could be a nightmare! So I guess I will probably have to go from England.. I hope the rules are clearer by october!!

Do it! We can have a mini Mika party on the train! :lol3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm kind of jealous that you even have a choice, I had like 3 options – plane (2 hours), bus (13-14 hours), train (16-17 hours)... :sweatdrop: I really wish the trains in Europe were faster. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm kind of jealous that you even have a choice, I had like 3 options – plane (2 hours), bus (13-14 hours), train (16-17 hours)... :sweatdrop: I really wish the trains in Europe were faster. 

they're planning direct train lines to Paris from different cities, but it'll take a few more years... for Munich I think only in 2026. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

13 to 17 hours solid on a bus or train would kill me! that sucks that you don't have more of an option:sad:

9 hours ago, Emily2b said:

13 to 17 hours solid on a bus or train would kill me! that sucks that you don't have more of an option:sad:

Now I checked the trains again because it seemed too much and today I found trains with less stops that take about 12 hours... :naughty:

I've indeed done 10 hours bus trips to Mika gigs before but I guess 10 hours is the limit for me. :teehee:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Now I checked the trains again because it seemed too much and today I found trains with less stops that take about 12 hours... :naughty:

I've indeed done 10 hours bus trips to Mika gigs before but I guess 10 hours is the limit for me. :teehee:

I'm really surprised by this, I was under the impression that trains in Europe were mostly quick and reliable! Well, not the old bone-shakers, but the more modern high speed intercity type. 

12 hours ago, Emily2b said:

That would be incredible:lol3: We could start the party early! and convert the entire train to being Mika fans!

Better make sure we bring flags for everyone!

*Has vision of an MFC train pulling into the station in Paris* :lustslow: 

*Station manager* Why is that train still standing there? It should have departed 20 minutes ago! 

*Conductor* I know, but the passengers don't want to disembark, they just keep shouting "coucou" and singing and dancing. 

*Station manager* Singing? What? 

*Conductor* Not sure, but it's catchy, look. 

*Train guard dances past* "sucking too hard on your lollipop..."   :facepalm: :lol3:

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, giraffeandy said:

Believe me, I would like to have only one choice. I know why I haven't planned anything yet, because it will take me HOURS to plan everything. I know what I want to wear (that's more important than planning the trip and accommodation, of course :doh:), but I haven't done anything else yet. I haven't looked where the concert takes place and I haven't looked at any accommodation yet. I am probably the person in this thread who has planned the least so far.  :facepalm:

I know why I clarified what I was going to wear first, because it doesn't take me that much time. :original:

The possibilities I have:

• fly: flight time Zurich-Paris, about 1 hour and 20 minutes, depends on which airline I take + 2 hours 42 minutes to the airport if I take public transport, just under 2 hours if I take the car to get there, which I would then have to park somewhere where the parking spaces are not extremely overpriced. 🤔
  • train: about 2 hours 15 minutes to Zurich main station by public transport, if I take the car I have about 1 hour 45 minutes, which I would then also have to park somewhere. With the fastest train (TGV), it takes me about 4 hours from Zurich to Paris (admittedly not bad for about 600 km [about 372 miles].
  • bus: I haven't looked, but maybe there is. That might also be an option. 🤔
  • car: If I drive around all the toll booths, I have about 10 hours of driving, if I don't do that, about 8 hours. I drove around all the toll stations once and really had about 10 hours (I only refuelled, otherwise I didn't take any breaks). But I did manage to drive into a speed trap, even though I took good care not to speed. I looked at the speedometer when I was flashed and I was going exactly the right speed. In 2018, the maximum speed limit for rural roads was reduced from 90 km to 80 km, but the speed table has not yet been changed. :doh: Yes, you may laugh. :lol3: Complaining probably wouldn't have done any good, which is why I didn't do it. But I think it was still cheaper than if I had taken the direct route and I might have driven into a speed trap too. :facepalm: And if you're thinking: They won't send the fine because I live in Switzerland and not in France and Switzerland isn't even in the EU, forget it. Maybe that was the case earlier, but not for a long time. A friend of mine had already received a fine from Germany for speeding, so I expected the fine to arrive in my letterbox at some point, and it did. :lol3:
  • bike: Ok, not really an option, but without breaks I would need 41 hours. :biggrin2:
  • by foot: I would have to be really desperate to do that. :hypo: My feeling was that it would take me months. But no, that's not true. I would need exactly 6 days. :jawdrop: But if I were to go 24 hours a day without sleeping, which no human being can do. :lol3:

So far, the car is actually my favourite, but I would still have to work out the cost of all modes of transport and the cost of petrol has also gone up quite a bit since the pandemic. But if I took the car, I would need a parking space in Paris, which makes it more difficult to find accommodation. If I take the accommodation and then look for a parking space somewhere else, but walking around alone at night is not such a good idea either. Do I buy a day ticket for public transport all over Paris and take an accommodation a bit further from the concert venue or do I take an accommodation that is close by and no day ticket. But there will probably be meetings with the MFC anyway and then a day ticket might not be so bad after all. 🤔

You see, I am. :insane:

• Like 1

@Priscathose are a lot of thoughts :lol3: and I thought I had an overactive brain :aah:

I was planning on taking the car at first, but then figured the train is much faster and doesn’t require me to look and pay for parking. Also, the prices for train tickets (when I bought them a month ago) were really a good deal. 
But I’m a planner… I rather have those things taken care of as fast as I can, so it’s gone from my todo list. I am a huge procrastinator with other things, so it evens out 😉

• Like 4