2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

If it says EU on the QR Code document and the CovPass App can read it, it's valid within all of the EU. :thumb_yello:

I got QR codes at the vaccination centre as well, but those aren't EU documents - it was before the EU agreed on this system.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mellody said:

If it says EU on the QR Code document and the CovPass App can read it, it's valid within all of the EU. :thumb_yello:

I got QR codes at the vaccination centre as well, but those aren't EU documents - it was before the EU agreed on this system.

It says "EU-Certificate", so it makes sense that it is also valid in France👍

20210718_225127.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I have found the perfect shoe for all those who want to have foot pain in Paris. :aah:

grafik.png.a9a9d51ae1612f4d60156217677c5e21.png

Yeah and we have to buy them one size smaller too, so we can feel the pain Mika had in his feet before getting custom-made shoes by Louboutin. :mf_rosetinted: :insane: :lmfao:

Anyway: :uhno: - these don't just look extremely uncomfortable, but I don't even find them pretty. :teehee:

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I have found the perfect shoe for all those who want to have foot pain in Paris. :aah:

I'd have to break my ankle just to put that on! But, they're bondage shoes aren't they? What kind of sites are you looking on?   :lmfao:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Prisca said:

You mean there is a way for me to look Mika *somewhat* in the eye with an expression of extreme pain in my face?

Yeah….nope :no::aah:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Hero said:

I'd have to break my ankle just to put that on! But, they're bondage shoes aren't they? What kind of sites are you looking on?   :lmfao:

I was not even looking for shoes. :lmfao:

I was working and all of a sudden this ad pops up. I don't know who would think I would like shoes like that. :dunno_grin:

• Haha 1

Passport saga - an update. 

Finally got the Statutory Declaration sorted out yesterday with the solicitors. Today I received a certified copy of my mother's birth record showing her correct maiden name. Great, all supporting docs in order, let's get them to the passport people. Wrote a covering note, stuffed them in an envelope and walked to my local post office. Shutters down, sign on door, due to sickness and holidays closed until next Monday. AHHHHH! 

Checked closing time online for the main office in town, had 30 mins. Hopped on bus, crossed fingers, then ran. :lol3: Made it just in time. 

So docs on way,thank goodness. Hopefully it's sufficient, I can't really do anymore except offer a dna sample! 

What a to-do. :hair: :insane: :whew:

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Hero said:

Passport saga - an update. 

Finally got the Statutory Declaration sorted out yesterday with the solicitors. Today I received a certified copy of my mother's birth record showing her correct maiden name. Great, all supporting docs in order, let's get them to the passport people. Wrote a covering note, stuffed them in an envelope and walked to my local post office. Shutters down, sign on door, due to sickness and holidays closed until next Monday. AHHHHH! 

Checked closing time online for the main office in town, had 30 mins. Hopped on bus, crossed fingers, then ran. :lol3: Made it just in time. 

So docs on way,thank goodness. Hopefully it's sufficient, I can't really do anymore except offer a dna sample! 

What a to-do. :hair: :insane: :whew:

Whoah good thing you started the passport saga now! With so many obstacles it will be there just in time! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Whoah good thing you started the passport saga now! With so many obstacles it will be there just in time! 

I'll be tracking the application online to see when I'm eligible to request a fast track, otherwise it'll be mid October. 

If you see someone at the concert with a nervous tic, it's me! 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hero said:

I'll be tracking the application online to see when I'm eligible to request a fast track, otherwise it'll be mid October. 

Oh god thats such a pain! good job you managed to get it sent off on time!! fingers crossed it all works out this time!!:crossed:

I had a brief look yesterday to see what you have to do regarding covid tests and documents to get in and out of the uk and France and my head hurts! Its made so much more complicated bc in wales we have a totally different set of rules to England and so different tests are needed as covid tests accepted by England aren't accepted by Wales and vice versa, but its hard to know what tests and paperwork i need if i'm flying to and from England but going back to Wales... so i decided to leave this stress till late September when hopefully things will be sorted out and more simple!!:lmfao:I mean it will probably change 50 times by then and I can't do anything now anyways as its too early! It will be a small miracle if i get there without any problems:lmfao:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Oh god thats such a pain! good job you managed to get it sent off on time!! fingers crossed it all works out this time!!:crossed:

I had a brief look yesterday to see what you have to do regarding covid tests and documents to get in and out of the uk and France and my head hurts! Its made so much more complicated bc in wales we have a totally different set of rules to England and so different tests are needed as covid tests accepted by England aren't accepted by Wales and vice versa, but its hard to know what tests and paperwork i need if i'm flying to and from England but going back to Wales... so i decided to leave this stress till late September when hopefully things will be sorted out and more simple!!:lmfao:I mean it will probably change 50 times by then and I can't do anything now anyways as its too early! It will be a small miracle if i get there without any problems:lmfao:

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm refusing to even think about travel restrictions, quarantine etc until a month before as its all changing so often. 

You're planning to fly? Can you go directly from Wales? I'm thinking of getting the Eurostar. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hero said:

I guess I will be able to sit still. Unless someone makes me laugh. :yes:

When Mika e.g. says something about sticking out the tongue, I fear I will have a lot of trouble controlling myself. :lmfao:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Hero said:

Thank you!

Yeah, I'm refusing to even think about travel restrictions, quarantine etc until a month before as its all changing so often. 

You're planning to fly? Can you go directly from Wales? I'm thinking of getting the Eurostar. 

I was actually thinking about the eurostar as I think its cheaper and I hate flying so a win win! Plus I just checked and since Flybee went under there are no direct flights from Cardiff to Paris, I would have to stop over in Amsterdam which could be quite fun but with covid could be a nightmare! So I guess I will probably have to go from England.. I hope the rules are clearer by october!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Emily2b said:

I was actually thinking about the eurostar as I think its cheaper and I hate flying so a win win! Plus I just checked and since Flybee went under there are no direct flights from Cardiff to Paris, I would have to stop over in Amsterdam which could be quite fun but with covid could be a nightmare! So I guess I will probably have to go from England.. I hope the rules are clearer by october!!

Do it! We can have a mini Mika party on the train! :lol3:

• Haha 1

I'm kind of jealous that you even have a choice, I had like 3 options – plane (2 hours), bus (13-14 hours), train (16-17 hours)... :sweatdrop: I really wish the trains in Europe were faster. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I'm kind of jealous that you even have a choice, I had like 3 options – plane (2 hours), bus (13-14 hours), train (16-17 hours)... :sweatdrop: I really wish the trains in Europe were faster. 

they're planning direct train lines to Paris from different cities, but it'll take a few more years... for Munich I think only in 2026. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

13 to 17 hours solid on a bus or train would kill me! that sucks that you don't have more of an option:sad: