2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

Passport helpline update - it's no longer a 60 minute hold time!

Now we're told that due to a high volume of calls they can't accept new calls, please try again later...  

I'm going to be trying them all day, aren't I? :banghead:

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Passport helpline update - it's no longer a 60 minute hold time!

Now we're told that due to a high volume of calls they can't accept new calls, please try again later...  

I'm going to be trying them all day, aren't I? :banghead:

Oh man… no words, just moral support! *hug*

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh man… no words, just moral support! *hug*

Hey it's working! Currently down to a 45 minute wait. I can do that. *determined face*

It wouldn't be so bad if they varied the hold message a bit. The same 2 songs round and round, with a repeated message every 30 seconds. How to send someone mad very quickly! :insane:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

Hey it's working! Currently down to a 45 minute wait. I can do that. *determined face*

It wouldn't be so bad if they varied the hold message a bit. The same 2 songs round and round, with a repeated message every 30 seconds. How to send someone mad very quickly! :insane:

Try turning the sound down and listening to Mika at the same time. Maybe that will help. :dunno_grin:

18 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Try turning the sound down and listening to Mika at the same time. Maybe that will help. :dunno_grin:

I save listening to Mika for the destress after work. It's too dangerous during, I get distracted. Like now. :wink2: 

Got through, spoke to a very bored sounding young man (that makes me sound old :lol3:) who obviously didn't have a clue other than the generic patter. But, he reckons they've got my documents and they're being processed for checks. :whew: I'm not that confident in the info he gave me, but after 40 mins on hold it'll do for now! 

OK back to work, just over an hour to go. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

How long is everyone staying? I'm thinking of having a couple more days to give myself more time to see the sights without feeling rushed. So I would (hopefully) arrive Friday for 5 nights, depart Wednesday. If I can get the extra 2 days off work,of course. :crossed:

On 8/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, Hero said:

How long is everyone staying? I'm thinking of having a couple more days to give myself more time to see the sights without feeling rushed. So I would (hopefully) arrive Friday for 5 nights, depart Wednesday. If I can get the extra 2 days off work,of course. :crossed:

Just Friday evening - Monday morning. I have to work on Tuesday, and take care of the kids in the afternoon when hubby's working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Friday to Tuesday morning

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hero said:

Friday morning to Monday evening. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, Hero said:

Friday midday until Monday late afternoon. Have to work again on Tuesday and like @mellody, got some kids to cuddle 🥰 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 5:51 PM, Hero said:

From Thursday until Tuesday 

• Like 1

So the stars have aligned and at work they asked me “we have a shortage of staff in the last week of October, could you maybe take an extra day off?”

I chose Tuesday the 26th :biggrin2: will look into rebooking my train and hotel! 🎉

:cheer:

Who knew staff shortages could be so useful? :naughty:

• Haha 1

“we have a shortage of staff in the last week of October, could you maybe take an extra day off?”

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Who knew staff shortages could be so useful? 

I'm afraid I don't get it. Wouldn't they normally ask to work more rather than take a day off when there is a staff shortage? :blink:

On 8/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, Prisca said:

I need this umbrella for Paris :yes::

grafik.png.ad5d61329ba7f247b28124fadf1cf25e.png

On 8/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, Mikasister said:

Me too. So beautiful when he sang "I See You"

You could have a sparkly rainbow:

3701C758DE0160C652AA9E97329AC928_500x500.thumb.jpg.b2ffcf25ddfadbd29be245a1be0b4c5e.jpg

Or a sparkly seascape, mermaid style:

FCE8950F53A1DF2323CEDE9A5C40DAA2_500x500.thumb.jpg.142f77a4fb56a40fe2af5474b92bd9a0.jpg

Or go ultra glam:

71LkYYVmBmL._AC_UX385_.jpg.20d905c35ca7384d12f24c73b29ad00a.jpg

Decisions, decisions... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

But, you're busy in October. Paris, remember? :wink2:

:lol3:

Not me. :lol3: I'm afraid hiring me in a hospital is not a good idea anyway. :facepalm:

I actually have staff shortages myself. I could theoretically hire someone myself. :lmfao:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I'm afraid I don't get it. Wouldn't they normally ask to work more rather than take a day off when there is a staff shortage? :blink:

I thought the same thing, I'm used to the 'all hands on deck' mentality. I guess if the support staff are essential for Michelle's work, and need a certain level of training/skills to be effective, it's not so easy to get new people to cover. 

Anyway, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! We've got Michelle for an extra day. That's another 24 hours of holding our drinks. :lol3:

And... I just got approval from work for my 2 extra days. :cheer:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

Anyway, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! We've got Michelle for an extra day. That's another 24 hours of holding our drinks. :lol3:

Are you trying to persuade me to stay an extra day? :lol3:

• Haha 1