You only love me when you’re drunk! :lol3:

More, love you more when we're drunk. :hug:

4 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Are you trying to persuade me to stay an extra day? :lol3:

Maybe... :biggrin2:  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

You could have a sparkly rainbow:

3701C758DE0160C652AA9E97329AC928_500x500.thumb.jpg.b2ffcf25ddfadbd29be245a1be0b4c5e.jpg

Or a sparkly seascape, mermaid style:

FCE8950F53A1DF2323CEDE9A5C40DAA2_500x500.thumb.jpg.142f77a4fb56a40fe2af5474b92bd9a0.jpg

Or go ultra glam:

71LkYYVmBmL._AC_UX385_.jpg.20d905c35ca7384d12f24c73b29ad00a.jpg

Decisions, decisions... 

Do you have a link for buying these? :lustslow:

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

Do you have a link for buying these? :lustslow:

Hang on... They were results on a Google image search for 'glitter umbrella'. It's worth checking, there are lots of styles, shapes and colours, more than I can post here. 

Here you go. The rainbow and seascape are from here:

https://m.artsadd.com/shop/metallic_rainbow_glitter_texture_foldable_umbrella-1707484.html

And the gold one is here:

https://www.amazon.com/KUneh-Inverted-Umbrellas-Windproof-Protection/dp/B07SMGG6HM

• Thanks 3

On 8/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, Hero said:

How long is everyone staying? I'm thinking of having a couple more days to give myself more time to see the sights without feeling rushed. So I would (hopefully) arrive Friday for 5 nights, depart Wednesday. If I can get the extra 2 days off work,of course. :crossed:

From Friday (likely in the afternoon) until Monday morning. 

Not so much time for my first visit in Paris, but it's ok if we are even given the possibility to travel these days. Keep crossing my fingers!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 2

Update on the passport saga. Received an email today. As I'm effectively applying for my first passport (even though it isn't), they need to interview me to verify my identity. Even though they have all my documents. So now I have to call their appointments line to arrange an interview.  *sigh*

Edit to add: video interview booked for Thursday afternoon. :crossed:

Edited by Hero
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

PASSPORT APPROVED!! WOOOOOOP! :cheer: :yay: :cheer:  :yay:  :cheer:

Hahaah, finalmente! :whew:

That was a strange interview. I was expecting to be asked things like parents birthdates, their wedding date, etc. Nope, I was asked the basics to verify my name, birthdate and place, and current address, and was then asked in a very relaxed chatty way to talk about the local area, are there shops nearby, which way do you go to the shops (clever question), about my job, how long I've been doing it, any hobbies, do I have any travel plans, oh a concert that sounds good, who's the singer? Mika? Ohhhh, yes, I think I remember... Wasn't he popular a few years ago? Very talented vocalist as I recall... Wasn't he on the Graham Norton show, I think I saw that... Oh he's still recording? Was he from Israel or am I making that up? How do you find his work, is it on youtube? :lol3:  Cue 10 minutes of bringing the interviewer up to speed on Mika. So if a new member called Ian joins, Hi Ian, thanks for approving my application! :naughty:

The power of Mika at work there. :lustslow: :pray:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Hero said:

That was a strange interview. I was expecting to be asked things like parents birthdates, their wedding date, etc. Nope, I was asked the basics to verify my name, birthdate and place, and current address, and was then asked in a very relaxed chatty way to talk about the local area, are there shops nearby, which way do you go to the shops (clever question), about my job, how long I've been doing it, any hobbies, do I have any travel plans, oh a concert that sounds good, who's the singer? Mika? Ohhhh, yes, I think I remember... Wasn't he popular a few years ago? Very talented vocalist as I recall... Wasn't he on the Graham Norton show, I think I saw that... Oh he's still recording? Was he from Israel or am I making that up? How do you find his work, is it on youtube? :lol3:  Cue 10 minutes of bringing the interviewer up to speed on Mika. So if a new member called Ian joins, Hi Ian, thanks for approving my application! :naughty:

Then hopefully you will soon have your passport in your hands. :original:   :pray:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

YAYYYY so much effort but so worth it!! I really hope we come across an Ian in October that fell down the Mika rabbit hole after your interview and just scoured the internet for days for tickets bc he just had to come:lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I have spoken to friends from Luxembourg who have recently visited France. They said they have a COVID app for Luxembourg with their QR codes, but would recommend to also download the French app which is called Tous:AntiCovid. Apparently, in France they have experienced difficulties when scanning the codes from other apps. Or: the app from another country would not work/open in France. This might all be resolved in October, but it’s better to be sure and get the local app!

I have just downloaded the French app and could scan my QR codes without difficulty. This means I currently have two apps running with the same QR codes, but I’d better be safe than sorry :thumb_yello:

Also: maybe this is a way for our overseas friends to check if their QR codes are being validated by the French system. For example for you, @dcdeb!

• Thanks 2

On 8/19/2021 at 7:08 PM, Hero said:

Yay, congrats! :biggrin2: 

Actually one of Mika's managers is/was called Ian, tho I think his name was written a bit differently and not sure if he was in the UK or US. But who knows, maybe it's him and he had to get a new job during the pandemic. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So I have spoken to friends from Luxembourg who have recently visited France. They said they have a COVID app for Luxembourg with their QR codes, but would recommend to also download the French app which is called Tous:AntiCovid. Apparently, in France they have experienced difficulties when scanning the codes from other apps. Or: the app from another country would not work/open in France. This might all be resolved in October, but it’s better to be sure and get the local app!

I have just downloaded the French app and could scan my QR codes without difficulty. This means I currently have two apps running with the same QR codes, but I’d better be safe than sorry :thumb_yello:

Also: maybe this is a way for our overseas friends to check if their QR codes are being validated by the French system. For example for you, @dcdeb!

But does it just work with the app or also if you just bring the QR codes on paper? Children and older people often don't have a smartphone, so there must be some way to prove your vaccination / recovery  / test without an app?

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Actually one of Mika's managers is/was called Ian, tho I think his name was written a bit differently and not sure if he was in the UK or US. But who knows, maybe it's him and he had to get a new job during the pandemic. :mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

If so, I don't think he'd have been as surprised as this guy was! :naughty:

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

But does it just work with the app or also if you just bring the QR codes on paper? Children and older people often don't have a smartphone, so there must be some way to prove your vaccination / recovery  / test without an app?

Seems codes on paper are accepted, they know not everyone can access it by phone. 

Just seen this with useful info, particularly for anyone travelling from the UK:

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Health-pass-and-vaccination-in-the-UK

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

I would believe so. For them it’s however easier and faster to scan the QR code on your phone instead of checking all the documents if you are actually the person carrying the paper with you. They prefer you use the app if you can. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I would believe so. For them it’s however easier and faster to scan the QR code on your phone instead of checking all the documents if you are actually the person carrying the paper with you. They prefer you use the app if you can. 

No difference if you have an app or a paper version. They scan the QR code printed on the paper.

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The problem is that in US there is no QR code. As Deb said once during the live - she has only a little piece of paper that she has been vaccinated. That's why I think she should make a test in France to have a document with QR code. Nobody will accept her piece of paper as a proof. :shocked: And to enter a restaurant, a coffee shop, a museum, A CONCERT you have to show your valid QR code.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The problem is that in US there is no QR code. As Deb said once during the live - she has only a little piece of paper that she has been vaccinated. That's why I think she should make a test in France to have a document with QR code. Nobody will accept her piece of paper as a proof. :shocked: And to enter a restaurant, a coffee shop, a museum, A CONCERT you have to show your valid QR code.

I wonder if there will be some kind of way between now and October (except for doing a test in France) to make it possible for people from overseas to be able to travel into and move freely around France (and Europe for that matter). The QR code system is so new and I wonder if they will make it available for vaccinated people from outside of Europe to validate their vaccination through a QR code that can be generated beforehand. Just for things to flow better at the airport alone!

I have heard of additional waiting times and massive delays at airports, because everything needs to be checked double as often. If this happens for every intercontinental flight….. but I think we can all agree here that it can and should be much simpler and faster.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

It works with the piece of paper my mother does it that way and she gets everywhere with the paper which has the code on it.  The ap is not compulsary don't worry 😘 I plan to use the paper with the code as well I don't feel like using the ap (unless I worry about losing the paper) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

No difference if you have an app or a paper version. They scan the QR code printed on the paper.

I think it would be worth asking an international lawyer about this...

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

But if they don't check the IDs you could easily let someone else use your phone and your QR code then :shocked: 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 7:08 PM, Hero said:

Congratulations 😍🎉😍🎉😍🎉❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ This is pure Mika magic at work :mikalove:

• Like 1

Guys, the first symphonic gig is only 2 months from tomorrow! :shocked: :excite: Can't believe how fast time is running right now!

I still need a dress! :shocked:

At least I had a look at masks yesterday, found some nice ones... are there certain masks required in France / for concerts, or can it be any mask, also a cloth mask? Where I live the FFP2 are required in most places, so I think I'll buy those because I can use them here as well - and the cloth masks often don't fit so well. Found these rainbow coloured FFP2 that I'll definitely get a pack of: https://www.amazon.de/KKmier-Einweg-Atemschutzmasken-Zertifikat-Mundschutzmasken-Mehrfarbig/dp/B092QQGZD5/ ... but if it doesn't have to be FFP2 in Paris, maybe I'll try these, they even glitter... :wub2: https://www.amazon.de/HeiFENGLI-Mundschutz-Erwachsene-Nasenschutz-Atmungsaktiv/dp/B09BQ4GCLY

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I think it would be worth asking an international lawyer about this...

I asked Deb, Angela and Gary to call the French Embassy - it's for the flight rules. But I think that when they are in Paris they will have to pass tests. It can be antygen test - possible to make it in many pharmacies. I've already contacted my hotel and asked for an address of a pharmacie close to it. So no need to look for a Test Center - there is one two metro stations from the venue.

I did my research already :wink2: The PCR and antygen tests are now in France valid for 72 hours instead of 48. SO it's already better for a short trip. For those who would like to stay longer - they will have to make another test - anyway they will need a valid QR test for their flight back.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mellody said:

Guys, the first symphonic gig is only 2 months from tomorrow! :shocked: :excite: Can't believe how fast time is running right now!

At least I had a look at masks yesterday, found some nice ones... are there certain masks required in France / for concerts, or can it be any mask, also a cloth mask? Where I live the FFP2 are required in most places, so I think I'll buy those because I can use them here as well - and the cloth masks often don't fit so well. Found these rainbow coloured FFP2 that I'll definitely get a pack of: https://www.amazon.de/KKmier-Einweg-Atemschutzmasken-Zertifikat-Mundschutzmasken-Mehrfarbig/dp/B092QQGZD5/ ... but if it doesn't have to be FFP2 in Paris, maybe I'll try these, they even glitter... :wub2: https://www.amazon.de/HeiFENGLI-Mundschutz-Erwachsene-Nasenschutz-Atmungsaktiv/dp/B09BQ4GCLY

I love the mask options! I think I will actually go for a classic black FFP2 and/or medical one, whichever is allowed and will fit better to my ensemble :aah:

Btw, does anyone know if you need to wear a mask on the streets when you’re strolling/jogging around? I want to run around Place de la Concorde, Musée Louvre and go along the Seine to Tour Eiffel and end up in Trocadero gardens, but am I required to wear a mask when I do that? (It’s not a problem, but I’ve heard they have required you to do that in the very touristic places, like mentioned places above :wink2:)

36 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I want to run around Place de la Concorde, Musée Louvre and go along the Seine to Tour Eiffel and end up in Trocadero gardens

That sounds exhausting! I'll wave at you from the patisserie as you run past. 🤣👋

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mellody said:

Ahhhhhh!! :yikes: :excite:Been so focussed on getting my passport, I've still got everything else to sort out! Including outfits! Cazzo!

I love those masks. Another rabbit hole to go down. :lol3:

• Haha 3