2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

And... I've just booked my Eurostar tickets. EEEEEK!! It's getting a bit real now.  :lustslow: :excite: 

YAYYYY not long to go now!!! I want to book mine but you can't cancel them only move the dates around so i'm in two minds about doing it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Emily2b said:

YAYYYY not long to go now!!! I want to book mine but you can't cancel them only move the dates around so i'm in two minds about doing it!

:cheer:

If it helps, when you book you're offered travel insurance as an extra, which includes cover for cancellation due to pandemics. I think the excess was £50.There were 2 options, the cheaper was £8 for cancellations and loss/damage of belongings, the other was £16 and also included medical cover. 

It is difficult to judge. But a cancellation could happen at any time including the day of travel. If we want to go, at some point we just have to bite the bullet and get it sorted, or risk increased prices or no availability.  For me, it's reached the point where I need to get organised. It's like @holdingyourdrink's positive reinforcement statement - if we book it, it will happen! :yes:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, carafon said:

Where are you now ?

I've got a D4 place on sunday , maybe closed to yours 

I was replaced to Parterre pair -  Row D - Seat 28.

But this morning I got a better place from Philharmonie's Resale site -   in the Chaises area, Parterre centre - Row DD.

So I will not use the D28.

NaoMika☆

• Like 4

One ticket row BB for Sunday available in the official resale: https://bourseauxbillets.philharmoniedeparis.fr/selection/resale/item?performanceId=10228362828316&lang=fr 

This is the resale link for Saturday, but they currently don't have tickets available. This morning there was a row BB ticket on there too.

https://bourseauxbillets.philharmoniedeparis.fr/selection/resale/item?performanceId=10228359816719

Thanks @NaoMika for posting the links on Twitter!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, mellody said:

This is the resale link for Saturday, but they currently don't have tickets available. This morning there was a row BB ticket on there too.

https://bourseauxbillets.philharmoniedeparis.fr/selection/resale/item?performanceId=10228359816719

Now Row DD is available for Saturday at 68 Euros!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

My kind of style, but maybe a bit low cut.

The dresses look nice. :yes:

4 minutes ago, Hero said:

I don't want to accidentally flash him! 

You just need to be careful and not faint. :teehee:  

:hug:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh honey he’s not interested, no worries :biggrin2:

I know, but that doesn't mean it's ok! :lol3: Dunno about tit tape, I might need industrial strength Duct tape to be safe. :lmfao:

56 minutes ago, Prisca said:

The dresses look nice. :yes:

You just need to be careful and not faint. :teehee:  

:hug:

I'll let Michelle do that. If she goes first I'll have a soft landing. :teehee: :wink2:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

My kind of style, but maybe a bit low cut.

In the end, you should just feel good. To be on the safe side, you can certainly wear a dress with a higher cut if you feel more comfortable. :original:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

No! You need to stay awake to wave an Oreo cake in front of my nose! 

Don't worry, she can give me the Oreo cake. I can also do this job. :yes:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero said:

:lmfao:Between the two of you, I'm not sure the Oreo cake would last very long. We might need spares. 

You don't have to worry about me, I won't touch the cake, I have a wheat intolerance. :wink2:

If I were to eat it, it would tend to have the opposite effect (ok, I'm exaggerating a bit :lol3:).

Yes, we should be careful with Michelle, otherwise the cake will be gone in no time. :yes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I will run around with it in Paris 🏃‍♀️ 

It's not a lure! 

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

You don't have to worry about me, I won't touch the cake, I have a wheat intolerance. :wink2:

If I were to eat it, it would tend to have the opposite effect (ok, I'm exaggerating a bit :lol3:)

Oh I'm sorry. I know that's a pain for meal planning. A couple of workmates are wheat and gluten intolerant, one of them suffers really badly if they have even the smallest amount. 

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Yes, we should be careful with Michelle, otherwise the cake will be gone in no time. :yes:

It is gone, she's running off with it! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh I'm sorry. I know that's a pain for meal planning. A couple of workmates are wheat and gluten intolerant, one of them suffers really badly if they have even the smallest amount. 

Thanks. :huglove:

Yes, you're right, it's quite annoying. Flour is just in almost everything. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, if it's only small amounts, I don't feel normally reactions. I just refrain from eating it at home (with small exceptions) so that when I am invited somewhere, I can eat it. Because the fact of having to explain every time where it's all wheat or gluten in general is almost more annoying than the intolerance itself. :rolleyes: And I don't want anything extra to be done for me either. And the threshold of how much I can eat before I have symptoms is not always the same either.

• Like 1

Covid vaccine : Check

Hotel : Check

And I just booked my train tickets ! Now all I must do is book the taxis and buy a nice outfit (and I'm sure it will be the harder) :lol3:

I still can't believe I will go to see Mika's symphonic concert. It's been a dream for years. But it becomes more and more real now. :wub2:

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Hero said:

:cheer:

If it helps, when you book you're offered travel insurance as an extra, which includes cover for cancellation due to pandemics. I think the excess was £50.There were 2 options, the cheaper was £8 for cancellations and loss/damage of belongings, the other was £16 and also included medical cover. 

It is difficult to judge. But a cancellation could happen at any time including the day of travel. If we want to go, at some point we just have to bite the bullet and get it sorted, or risk increased prices or no availability.  For me, it's reached the point where I need to get organised. It's like @holdingyourdrink's positive reinforcement statement - if we book it, it will happen! :yes:

OOOH I didn't know that thanks!! I might just get them booked then and I can relax! and yes hopefully if we book it, it will happen and we will get to go:crossed:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Prisca said:

If I were to eat it, it would tend to have the opposite effect (ok, I'm exaggerating a bit :lol3:).

I can bake almond flour/coconut flour cakes :wink2:

• Like 2

Just now, crazyaboutmika said:

I can bake almond flour/coconut flour cakes :wink2:

Sounds yummy. :licks_lips:

But I have some bad news: I love almonds, but unfortunately I tolerate them even worse than wheat. :rolleyes:

Coconut should work. :original:

The list of things I can't/shouldn't eat is unfortunately MUCH longer than the list of things I can eat. :rolleyes:

I am a very difficult person to feed due to my intolerances :facepalm:  :lol3:, which is such a shame because I actually eat almost everything. :yes:

• Sad 1