2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So for @Priscawe will need to find a vegan (or do you tolerate dairy and/or meat products?), gluten and wheat free bakery with authentic French pastries made à la 2021. 

Challenge accepted! 

You don't know what you're getting into. :lol3:

Dairy is actually fine, except when I suddenly get the idea to eat yoghurt pretty much every day, as I did a little while ago :doh:, and now I pretty much have to give it up for the next few weeks. It should be ok by the end of October, if I don't eat tons of it again. :doh:

But to be on the safe side, gluten and lactose free bakery can't hurt. :biggrin2:

I can eat all meat (except pork, which I should avoid if it's possible, not for religious reasons, but because I don't tolerate it well). I have never had any problems with fish until now. :original:

I have a very bad tolerance to walnuts, almonds, as I said, I don't tolerate well and hazelnuts either. Peanuts I think goes better and with coconut it goes actually well.

The only fruit I can really tolerate is bananas (I'm getting tired of it :lol3: . I have a particular problem with citrus fruits. I love clementines, but I can't tolerate them. :crybaby:

Vegetables have actually been doing well for the last few years. But I shouldn't overdo it with pulses, otherwise I get flatulence. :facepalm:

I also have a bad tolerance for soy.

Vanilla and coffee I can tolerate, but I'm actually not a big fan of coffee, I very rarely drink any. But I have got used to the taste, in yoghurts for example. :doh:

I tolerate maize very well. I eat tons of maize pasta. Almost every day for over three years now. :facepalm: But I'm slowly getting fed up with it. :lol3:

I tolerated spelt well for a long time, until I got the idea to stop eating it during my six-month stay in Paris. Then when I was back in Switzerland, my body suddenly indentified it as an intruder. But I definitely tolerate it better than wheat. :original:

I can tolerate rye. I eat it almost daily for breakfast, not that my body gets the idea of rejecting it too. :rolleyes:

I have also tolerated rice and potatoes well for years. :original:

Quinoa doesn't show up on the intolerance test, but I feel bloated when I eat it. At least the last time I ate it a while ago. Amaranth works too, but not so many products are with amaranth. :original:

That's more or less it, I won't go into further details now. :lol3:

I didn't eat a single croissant or crêpe during my stay in Paris. But I did eat snails once. :lmfao:

I saw a stall selling gluten-free crepes one evening while sightseeing, but decided against it in the end. :doh:

Good luck, if you find a bakery where I can eat, you're a hero. :yes:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 6:40 AM, NaoMika said:

I was replaced to Parterre pair -  Row D - Seat 28.

But this morning I got a better place from Philharmonie's Resale site -   in the Chaises area, Parterre centre - Row DD.

So I will not use the D28.

NaoMika☆

I had a GG row ticket (that I had sold to the mum of a fan) and it was changed to a D row ticket.
I haven't received any email from the Philarmonie, I just accidentally read about this problem from your posts here and went to my account to check.

I don't like at all what they did. They might have had problems or whatever, I don't care: if you need to change my ticket for any given reason, you have to let me know at least! And ask me if I'm ok with the change. When we bought our tickets we chose them on the plan, so if they end up being changed it's not the same thing any way, and you have to let me know about the inconvenience and explain to me why you had to change them.

Moreover, the "new" ticket is not printable anymore (that means you can't rename it if you need to give it to another person) and it cannot be put on sale (if you need to resell it).

I'm going to write an email to the Philarmonie and ask for clarification.

You just don't do it like that!  :wags_finger:

Edited by Elena Mastro
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Dairy is actually fine, except when I suddenly get the idea to eat yoghurt pretty much every day

Cheese is ok? How are you with cheesecake? 

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I have a very bad tolerance to walnuts, almonds, as I said, I don't tolerate well and hazelnuts either. Peanuts I think goes better and with coconut it goes actually well. 

How about pistachio? Or chestnut (marron), they are often used in baking. 

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I have a particular problem with citrus fruits. I love clementines, but I can't tolerate them. :crybaby:

Oh no! No almonds and no citrus or berries? That's just not fair. :no: :itsok:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I also have a bad tolerance for soy.

I guess that limits Chinese food? And milk alternatives. I like oatmilk on cereal and it makes a nice hot chocolate. 

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I didn't eat a single croissant or crêpe during my stay in Paris. But I did eat snails once. :lmfao:

Urgh.. :puking:

Sorry, I know they're a classic dish, but snails are off the menu for me! Glad to be veggie on this occasion. :lol3:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I saw a stall selling gluten-free crepes one evening while sightseeing, but decided against it in the end. :doh:

We'll find it again. :yes:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

Good luck, if you find a bakery where I can eat, you're a hero. :yes:

Well, it's my username, so I'll try! 

https://devourparisfoodtours.com/blog/gluten-free-bakery-paris/

Sounds like a few good options. :yes:

And here:

https://devourparisfoodtours.com/blog/gluten-free-croissants-paris/

Yum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Cheese is ok? How are you with cheesecake? 

Cheese is ok if I don't eat too much of it. I don't eat that much of it either because it has a lot of fat in it. :blush:

Ok, that's actually not true at all. I eat processed cheese almost every day with my crispbread, and that's cheese too. :doh:

Cheesecake would be better if I made it myself and used a gluten-free batter because the store-bought cheesecakes usually have batter with gluten. But I have to admit that I had cheesecake on my birthday because only the base is made of wheat. :teehee:

9 minutes ago, Hero said:

How about pistachio? Or chestnut (marron), they are often used in baking. 

I don't react so strongly against pistachios, I think, and chestnut too. So if I had to choose for nuts, they would certainly be better than the ones I mentioned above. :thumb_yello:

With the intolerances, however, it is often the case that many things do not state with the naturopath because I have not eaten them, but if I have eaten them, they then state. And that could also be the case here, because I very rarely eat these things. I have known about my intolerances since around 2013. With time, I now know how much of what I can eat. With the yoghurts, I was playing with fire because I've had it so good with dairy for so long and had hoped that I could tolerate so much. Even though I secretly knew it was not a good idea. :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh no! No almonds and no citrus or berries? That's just not fair. :no: :itsok:

I guess lemons are more or less ok, but besides of that ... :rolleyes:

I guess I have to be careful with the fruits, especially during the hay fever season, because of cross-allergies.

However, the things I take for hay fever have been increased this year. That's why I had the feeling that I react much less to it this year than last year. :original:

But the naturopath said I could stop taking the things now until October. I think it's the first time I've taken a break since I started taking them. And that's for two months. I don't think that's a good idea. :dunno_grin:

And that's why I rarely make it to five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. I guess on average I manage 2 portions a day. :blush:

31 minutes ago, Hero said:

I guess that limits Chinese food? And milk alternatives. I like oatmilk on cereal and it makes a nice hot chocolate. 

Soy is not such a problem for me because I don't like it that much. :teehee:

A Chinese restaurant is actually good for me because there is a wide range of dishes with rice and I can eat rice. :yes:

And I prefer sushi without soy anyway. :original:

I've had problems with oats in the past, so I don't eat them much anymore. I use rice milk at home, often to make mashed potatoes. :yes:

37 minutes ago, Hero said:

Urgh.. :puking:

Sorry, I know they're a classic dish, but snails are off the menu for me! Glad to be veggie on this occasion. 

I think that it is the thought of what it is that is bad about the snails and not the taste of the snails themselves. :wink2:

I was staying at a ladys home in Paris and somehow we got onto the subject of snails. I then said that I had snails in Switzerland years ago, but not since then. Then she said that she makes snails one evening. And that's what she did. What do snails taste like? I don't know. :lmfao: Snails don't taste strong and you can actually almost only feel the sauce that comes with the snails. :lol3:

45 minutes ago, Hero said:

We'll find it again. 

I know pretty much where it was. But I now think it was in a bar and not a stall. That's probably why I didn't feel like just taking the crêpe and leaving. :teehee:

I was just going through the photos of Paris and to my surprise I had even taken a photo of it. :lmfao:

grafik.thumb.png.75c1ac78f97ed74f6cbdece0caa78c85.png

Ok, I see it's a take away, so I could have had it to go for sure. :doh:

I remember only seeing the salesman and he was talking to someone. Otherwise it was empty. I sometimes have inhibitions. And he looked like he liked to talk. And I don't think I felt like talking about myself that night. :blush:

It is (or was?) located just before the Sacré-Cœur. :yes:

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Well, it's my username, so I'll try! 

https://devourparisfoodtours.com/blog/gluten-free-bakery-paris/

Sounds like a few good options. :yes:

And here:

https://devourparisfoodtours.com/blog/gluten-free-croissants-paris/

Yum!

Thank you. :huglove:

At home, my intolerances are actually not such a problem because I can choose the things I eat. Away from home, it's usually complicated ... :rolleyes:

Although, I often eat the same things, I'm getting a bit tired of it. :lol3:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hero said:

A couple more guides and recommendations. Gluten free and nut free:

https://www.glutenfreemrsd.com/2015/06/gluten-nut-free-paris-chambelland-bakery/

The gluten free pizza looks amazing! (No 18)

https://glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk/2018/01/28/gluten-free-paris-guide/

:licks_lips:

Thank you for your efforts. :huglove:

I must honestly admit that I did not look for it on the internet. :blush:

But I was in Paris for a while and I only came across gluten-free crêpes in one place. :original:

• Like 2

Hello everyone !

It's so bad for all of you who got an email. I'm seeing people getting D row instead of the GG row tickets they bought first ! It's insane !

I have bought tickets for two of my friends and they got GG row tickets, seats 25 and 27 and I haven't receive any mail from La Philarmonie. I went on my account and everything seems to be okay with the tickets because they still are the same than the two ones I've bought ! I hope it'll be possible for all of you guys to get another change or anything :/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

And ask me if I'm ok with the change.

They write in their Covid rules that they can change the seats. So while I definitely agree that they should let you know, and usually also ask, unfortunately they did reserve the right to just change them. :( I doubt tho that it'd because of Covid restrictions, if they changed it just for Sunday. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

They write in their Covid rules that they can change the seats. So while I definitely agree that they should let you know, and usually also ask, unfortunately they did reserve the right to just change them. :( I doubt tho that it'd because of Covid restrictions, if they changed it just for Sunday. :blink:

@NaoMika's post says this:

"For technical constraints and listening comfort". Yes, it is not because of Covid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

Moreover, the "new" ticket is not printable anymore (that means you can't rename it if you need to give it to another person)

You can give it to someone else, they said they don't check the names at the entrance :wink2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mellody said:

I agree, Covid has little to do with all of this. Looks like an excuse.
Anyway, I know you're right, I remember reading about the possibility of a change. But yes, the least is to be informed about it, especially because you don't log on to check the tickets you bought every moment :dunno: having to find out by chance is irritating.

They're handling it poorly, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, krysady said:

You can give it to someone else, they said they don't check the names at the entrance :wink2:

Thank you. I had sold that ticket to a friend of mine for her mum (that's why it's particularly disappointing to me and I'm mortified for the inconvenience), so I had already changed the name on it. But it's annoying seeing the new ticket is somehow "frozen". <_<

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Elena Mastro said:

But it's annoying seeing the new ticket is somehow "frozen". <_<

I agree with you.

I can't see the reason why they ask us to come to their box office to collect the new tickets. :confused:

They should make it downlordable/printable/resellable online. 

NaoMika☆

Edited by NaoMika
Typo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Elena Mastro said:

I had sold that ticket to a friend of mine for her mum (that's why it's particularly disappointing to me and I'm mortified for the inconvenience), so I had already changed the name on it. But it's annoying seeing the new ticket is somehow "frozen". <_<

Indeed, this situation is very unpleasant 

18 hours ago, Florine said:

I have bought tickets for two of my friends and they got GG row tickets, seats 25 and 27 and I haven't receive any mail from La Philarmonie. I went on my account and everything seems to be okay with the tickets because they still are the same than the two ones I've bought ! I hope it'll be possible for all of you guys to get another change or anything :/

I think that places 25 and 27 are the last 2 ones at the row's side

Maybe they only need the central space ....:dunno: 

Regarding the "GG to D/E" issue, I asked them for a refund the other day by email. Then I got a reply.

Hello,
we understand your disappointment, 
although we can assure you that the new places are excellent, 
if not better than the previous ones (because they offer greater visibility). 
But don't worry, we'll get your money back very quickly.
thank you for your comprehension

NaoMika☆

• Like 3

Good news for us. As of today, the speed limit is 30 km/h on most roads in Paris. :original:

Paris speed limit falls to 30km/h

A speed limit of 30km/h (18mph) has come into force across Paris in a drive to improve the environment.

The aim is to cut accidents, and reduce noise and pollution.

A poll suggests 59% of Parisians are in favour of the measure, but some businesses are among those opposed.

Two-thirds of the city was already subject to the limit before Monday's change, which has been pushed through by Mayor Anne Hidalgo. Several key routes will remain exempt though.

These include the Champs Elysées (50km/h) and the main ring road, the Boulevard Périférique (70 km/h).

Similar limits are already in force Grenoble and Lille, as well as Bilbao in Spain, and the Belgian capital, Brussels.

The measure is being introduced now so Parisians can get used to it during a period of lighter summer holiday traffic, city officials say.

It's one of several policies proposed by Ms Hidalgo, who was re-elected last year, to wean Parisians off their cars.

The number of street parking bays is being halved and most vehicles are expected to be banned from the city centre next year. Cycle lanes have increased and streets are being redesigned to make districts more pedestrian friendly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58385502

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Good news for us. As of today, the speed limit is 30 km/h on most roads in Paris. :original:

A speed limit of 30km/h (18mph) has come into force across Paris in a drive to improve the environment.

The aim is to cut accidents, and reduce noise and pollution.

A poll suggests 59% of Parisians are in favour of the measure, but some businesses are among those opposed.

Two-thirds of the city was already subject to the limit before Monday's change, which has been pushed through by Mayor Anne Hidalgo. Several key routes will remain exempt though.

These include the Champs Elysées (50km/h) and the main ring road, the Boulevard Périférique (70 km/h).

Similar limits are already in force Grenoble and Lille, as well as Bilbao in Spain, and the Belgian capital, Brussels.

The measure is being introduced now so Parisians can get used to it during a period of lighter summer holiday traffic, city officials say.

It's one of several policies proposed by Ms Hidalgo, who was re-elected last year, to wean Parisians off their cars.

The number of street parking bays is being halved and most vehicles are expected to be banned from the city centre next year. Cycle lanes have increased and streets are being redesigned to make districts more pedestrian friendly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58385502

Sounds like a joke.

Just wait for taxi prices if you need to take one visiting Paris.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Prisca said:

This is such a silly rule, they did a research and found out that driving a car with 30 km/h is more polluting than driving with 50 km/h, and the least polluting is at 70 km/h :doh: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

This is such a silly rule, they did a research and found out that driving a car with 30 km/h is more polluting than driving with 50 km/h, and the least polluting is at 70 km/h :doh: 

But there are fewer accidents, which is in my opinion the most important. :original:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prisca said:

But there are fewer accidents, which is in my opinion the most important. :original:

The traffic jam in Paris is so awful, this rule doesn't make much difference.. nor for the aim to improve the environment :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krysady said:

The traffic jam in Paris is so awful, this rule doesn't make much difference.. nor for the aim to improve the environment :dunno:

They hope to reduce the number of cars in the city. And most Parisians are in favour of the change to 30 km/h. There will be a reason for that.

9 minutes ago, Prisca said:

They hope to reduce the number of cars in the city. And most Parisians are in favour of the change to 30 km/h. There will be a reason for that.

That's because the Parisians are using public transportation or bikes and scooters  :wink2:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

Just now, krysady said:

That's because the Parisians are using public transportation or bikes :wink2:

As a pedestrian, I also think 30 km zones are better.

Even though when I'm driving I sometimes feel that it's just so slow and I have to be careful not to drive too fast.

• Like 2