2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

1 hour ago, Roberta Misi said:

Hi. I have 2 tickets for Sunday (parterre) and I would like to change them for Saturday (parterre too). 
Does anyone wants to make this change?

Thanks.

Roberta

Try to post in this thread too: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/34236-the-extra-ticket-thread/page/132/#comments

On 9/3/2021 at 5:14 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

nope

On 9/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, Prisca said:

Enough to save myself, but not sure I can save anyone with me. :teehee:

No worries, I was only checking who  could safely be bumped overboard and who would need locking in a cabin. You know, if Mika did come on the boat. :teehee: 

What? :biggrin2:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hero said:

No worries, I was only checking who  could safely be bumped overboard and who would need locking in a cabin. You know, if Mika did come on the boat. :teehee: 

🏃‍♀️ Läuferin Emoji — Bedeutung, Kopieren und Einfügen

*I run away from @Hero*

On 9/3/2021 at 6:12 PM, Hero said:

So, just checking for safety, can everyone swim? Or are you like me, just the occasional paddle? :blush:

1 hour ago, Hero said:

I actually dreamt last night that we were shipwrecked, Mika was with us and the current was too strong to swim. We then saved ourselves onto a little island unter a bridge where the pillars stand. :facepalm:

I'm able to swim but I'm not in shape and get out of breath easily - besides, I doubt the Seine in late October is a place where anyone would want to swim! 😨 Except ice swimmers, maybe. :teehee:

So better no dancing on the railing, for anyone! :wags_finger: :roftl:

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, mellody said:

I actually dreamt last night that we were shipwrecked, Mika was with us and the current was too strong to swim. We then saved ourselves onto a little island unter a bridge where the pillars stand. :facepalm:

I'm able to swim but I'm not in shape and get out of breath easily - besides, I doubt the Seine in late October is a place where anyone would want to swim! 😨 Except ice swimmers, maybe. :teehee:

So better no dancing on the railing, for anyone! :wags_finger: :roftl:

This gives “Underwater” a whole different dimension…

PS the water might be relatively “warm”, since it’s still warm from summer. At least that applies to both the sea and the Rhine. For me it’s still too cold though, I don’t really have to “test the waters” to be honest! 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This gives “Underwater” a whole different dimension…

PS the water might be relatively “warm”, since it’s still warm from summer. At least that applies to both the sea and the Rhine. For me it’s still too cold though, I don’t really have to “test the waters” to be honest! 

Well, the water quality of the Seine is very poor and that is why it is forbidden to swim there even in summer, when the temperature would be high enough.

Anne Hidalgo, the mayor of Paris, has the goal of having the Seine clean enough to swim in by 2024, i.e. by the time of the Olympic Games. I read in an interview a few years ago that she wouldn't swim in the Seine now either. :original:

So we're taking a trip on the Seine three years early. :lol3:

So watch out and please even good swimmers don't fall into the Seine. :wags_finger:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

So watch out and please even good swimmers don't fall into the Seine. :wags_finger:

Oh don’t worry! I can swim, but I prefer to run 🏃‍♀️ along the Seine rather than swim 🏊‍♀️ in it :biggrin2: 

Having lived along the Rhine for 6 years, I know how dangerous it is to swim in a river with a current… and many brave souls have jumped in, to sometimes not come out again… so anyone reading this and even remotely considering it: I am with Prisca, please don’t dive into the Seine! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Having lived along the Rhine for 6 years

I also live next to the Rhine. :biggrin2:

But you are not allowed to swim where I live, because there is a hydroelectric power plant above it and they sometimes let water out there, so it would be too dangerous. :original:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I really hope for you guys travelling from Germany to Paris by train that the train drivers finally get what they want by then and stop striking. :pray:

Thank you very much. Last time we went to Paris it was general strke in France and we had the one or the other problem with the trains and getting Taxis during our stay. .......

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

Thank you very much. Last time we went to Paris it was general strke in France and we had the one or the other problem with the trains and getting Taxis during our stay. .......

Oh no. Let's embrace our positive thinking and hope there's nothing like that this time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I really hope for you guys travelling from Germany to Paris by train that the train drivers finally get what they want by then and stop striking. :pray:

I think I've booked the TGV from Munich so I hope I'll be fine... at least that's what they told me re. my Italy holiday when I asked, that the foreign trains should run without problems. If not I'll just book a flight spontaneously, even if it costs me a fortune but I won't let a damn strike keep me from going to those gigs! :sneaky2: (when I booked my travels, the flights were actually cheaper than the trains btw...)

• Like 4

I've just booked my train to London for the Eurostar connection. Couldn't do it before as they hadn't confirmed the timetable. 

So, I've got:

Train to London (and return) 

Eurostar to Paris (and return) 

Hotel in central Paris x 5 nights

Passport! 

Proof of vaccination (NHS app)

Concert tickets

Still to get:

Covid tests booked for pre and post travel

Passenger declaration forms

EHIC

Travel insurance 

Euros - cash and card 

Cattery booking

Cat inoculations at vets

Taxis

Travel adaptor plug

An itinerary! 

Something to wear in Paris :naughty:

Something to wear to the concerts

Hairdresser's appointment, because yikes! 

Yeah, not much...

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Hero said:

I've just booked my train to London for the Eurostar connection. Couldn't do it before as they hadn't confirmed the timetable. 

So, I've got:

Passport! 

Concert tickets

Still to get:

EHIC

Travel insurance 

Euros - cash and card 

Cattery booking

Cat inoculations at vets

Taxis

Travel adaptor plug

An itinerary! 

Yeah, not much...

For a split second I thought you were taking your cat to the Philarmonie  then my brain restarted :lmfao:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

For a split second I thought you were taking your cat to the Philarmonie  then my brain restarted :lmfao:

Oh, I wish! :floor:

With my luck, she'd escape and get into the sound system. That'd be an interesting concert. 

"All I wanna do is make you...MEOW!" 

"I can be brown, I can be.. MEOW!" 

"This is the way you.. MEOOOW!" 

:facepalm:

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, Hero said:

So, I've got:

Passport! 

Concert tickets

Still to get:

EHIC

Travel insurance 

Euros - cash and card 

Cattery booking

Cat inoculations at vets

Taxis

Travel adaptor plug

An itinerary! 

Yeah, not much...

Believe me, your planning is more advanced than mine. :facepalm:

• Haha 2

On 03/09/2021 at 11:06, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Aucun problème. je ne bois pas d'alcool :thumb_yello:

Bien sûr, la vitesse du bateau est également importante.

De toute façon je survivrai :wink2:

il faut prendre "mer calme" qui est un médicament léger contre le mal de mer ; j'en aurai avec moi !

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Hero said:

Oh, I wish! :floor:

With my luck, she'd escape and get into the sound system. That'd be an interesting concert. 

"All I wanna do is make you...MEOW!" 

"I can be brown, I can be.. MEOW!" 

"This is the way you.. MEOOOW!" 

:facepalm:

The dog I had before Mikado once ran away from the camper and got into the outside courtyard where I was waiting  when I was about to get into The Voice recording studio chasing after me :lmfao:and my husband was running after him and caught him just before he got into the building :lmfao:It would have been very funny if he had gotten on the set too :mikalove::dog:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, silver said:

You can still get Covid and pass it on even if you are vaccinated, so yes.

True, but it's less likely and about the testing it's different in every country. Here in Germany they have to convince people to get vaccinated, so those who are vaccinated get a lot of freedom, including that they usually don't need to test. I think for entering places where vulnerable people are, like hospitals or retirement homes, you still need a test in any case. But not for traveling, unless it's a virus variant area, in this case even vaccinated people need to quarantine. Even children under 12 who can't yet get vaccinated don't need a test when traveling back home (for entering Italy my son needed one).

I still do self-tests regularly, to make sure I don't spread the virus accidentially, but it's a relief that I don't have to drive to a test centre every time and show official documentation. Surely might make sense tho for those who feel invincible through the vaccination and who don't see the need for self-tests.

• Like 2