2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

True, but it's less likely and about the testing it's different in every country. Here in Germany they have to convince people to get vaccinated, so those who are vaccinated get a lot of freedom, including that they usually don't need to test. I think for entering places where vulnerable people are, like hospitals or retirement homes, you still need a test in any case. But not for traveling, unless it's a virus variant area, in this case even vaccinated people need to quarantine. Even children under 12 who can't yet get vaccinated don't need a test when traveling back home (for entering Italy my son needed one).

I still do self-tests regularly, to make sure I don't spread the virus accidentially, but it's a relief that I don't have to drive to a test centre every time and show official documentation. Surely might make sense tho for those who feel invincible through the vaccination and who don't see the need for self-tests.

even vaccinated we get tested twice a week at work. So I´ll do a test the day before I start to travel and when I come home before going to work again. I think it will be enough

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sabine64 said:

even vaccinated we get tested twice a week at work. So I´ll do a test the day befor I start to travel and when I come home before going to work again. I think it will be enough

true, I forgot we do self-tests at work as well twice a week (I'm on holiday right now, that's why I forgot, lol! :naughty:) - it's not mandatory for us, but recommended, and we get the tests for free.

It's crazy anyway to look at the prices for self-tests, they used to be 5€ each and now it's just 0,80€. They must've made a lot of money with it at the beginning...

• Like 2

What could be better than Mika as a tour guide? Mika as a tour guide together with Camille Combal. :biggrin2:

Mika: Ça c'est le Musée d´Orsay. En fait, c'était une gare avant.

Camille: Le Musée d´Orsay, tu peux traduire, c'est là où tu vas quand il n'y a plus place au Louvre.

MIka: You go...

:uk:

Mika: This is the Musée d'Orsay. In fact, it used to be a station.

Camille: The Musée d'Orsay, you can translate, it's where you go when there's no more room at the Louvre.

MIka: You go...

:floor:

I doubt that we will have such cool tour guides :lmfao:when we have them and the boat tour can actually take place, please. :pray:

But the most important thing is that Mika's concerts can take place and the coronavirus doesn't throw a spanner in the works.

I know, I know, positivity, positivity, positivity... :pray:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I know, I know, positivity, positivity, positivity... :pray:

infection numbers in France are going down, slowly, but it's the right direction. :thumb_yello: I think / hope the health pass concept helps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

infection numbers in France are going down, slowly, but it's the right direction. :thumb_yello: I think / hope the health pass concept helps.

Yes, let's hope as the number of infections have the tendency to increase when it becomes colder. :pray:

2 hours ago, krysady said:

You still need these if you're vaccinated?

Yes, afraid so. As both France and UK are amber listed, I need to do a test at most 3 days before returning, so will need to find somewhere in Paris to do it, then test again on day 2 back in the UK. The day 2 test must be booked and paid for before travelling back. 

But because I'm vaccinated I don't need to do the day 8 test or quarantine on return. (Tiny yay!) 

From UK gov portal:

Before you travel to England

Before you travel to England you must:

You must do these things whether you are fully vaccinated or not.

When you arrive in England

If you are fully vaccinated

After you arrive in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2.

This applies if you’re fully vaccinated under either:

• the UK vaccination programme
  • the UK vaccine programme overseas
  • an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA - not all are recognised in England

And for entry to France

Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website

• proof of vaccination status

Easy! :sweatdrop:

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Yes, afraid so. As both France and UK are amber listed, I need to do a test at most 3 days before returning, so will need to find somewhere in Paris to do it, then test again on day 2 back in the UK. The day 2 test must be booked and paid for before travelling back. 

But because I'm vaccinated I don't need to do the day 8 test or quarantine on return. (Tiny yay!) 

From UK gov portal:

• an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA - not all are recognised in England

And for entry to France

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website

Oh god yeah I forgot we needed to find a place to get tested in Paris so we can get back home! I have literally no idea how you find one though...

The annoying thing is that Wales accepts different tests to the ones England does, but as i'm going on the eurostar too, and so travelling into England, I will most likely need to pay for and book the English and the Welsh ones so they let me back in and I don't get fined if they spot check me back in wales:crybaby: Hopefully it won't be too expensive..... Either way it will be worth it!!! At least at the moment we don't need to have covid tests to get into France, although I will do an at-home one before just to be safe! but those ones are free so thats something.

Hows everyone going with the outfits too? I feel like i've ordered an entire shop's worth of clothes and still not found anything! I think the worst/best one was a dress that was like an actual glitter ball that somehow still blinded you when there was like no light, I've no idea how it did it but it managed it:lmfao: I think if I had gone with that I would have actually permanently damaged his, an everyone else's eyes from my seat:lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Wait really? Does this only apply to countries that are outside of the EU? I know it’s currently not a problem between EU countries (you don’t have to get tested beforehand, if you are vaccinated), just the whole quarantine thing as @mellodymentioned.

We need to look into this what the updates rules for France are a few days before going there… it changes every week. 

I think it’s this website: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

@Heroit currently says you don’t need to get tested if you’re fully vaccinated. Or maybe I’m reading this wrong? 

Edited by holdingyourdrink
Added website
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, silver said:

You can still get Covid and pass it on even if you are vaccinated, so yes.

8 hours ago, Hero said:

From UK gov portal:

And for entry to France

It's weird, we don't have to get tested if we are fully vaccinated and have the green pass. And it's not just for EU @holdingyourdrink , Switzerland as well.

I just came home from Tenerife last week and the green pass was enough. We got through security airport in a minute, and those without a vaccine were waiting at some long queues.

@Hero So I don't think you need the pre travel test :wink2:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Oh god yeah I forgot we needed to find a place to get tested in Paris so we can get back home! I have literally no idea how you find one though...

Here in Paris I've seen plenty of covid test tents on the sidewalks (in front of big stores/inside malls etc, actually where you have to present a certificate in order to enter)!

I can't tell you how it works exactly (reservation, costs, if it's open to everyone, etc.) nor where they are situated, BUT I've just found this link, it seems you can find all spots and specific informations here: https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-depistage-covid/departement-75-paris.html 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Hows everyone going with the outfits too? I feel like i've ordered an entire shop's worth of clothes and still not found anything! I think the worst/best one was a dress that was like an actual glitter ball that somehow still blinded you when there was like no light, I've no idea how it did it but it managed it:lmfao: I think if I had gone with that I would have actually permanently damaged his, an everyone else's eyes from my seat:lmfao:

Ha, I still have no clue. 🙈 I actually have a glitter ball dress too, it has big round shiny silver sequins all over, but I only really wear that for carnival. a) it's too short and b) it's too glittery for me to feel comfortable wearing it anywhere else. 😅 So yeah, I still don't know what I'll be wearing. :dunno_grin:

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Carnival wear is not 100% suited as evening wear, unless the same amount of alcohol is consumed by yourself and every bystander as in carnival setting 😆

exactly. :naughty: I didn't buy it as a carnival dress, it isn't actually one, but because I liked the glitter... but even tho I was in my 20s when I bought it, I only did wear it for carnival. I like to stand out a little, but not *that* much. :roftl:

• Haha 2

The annoying thing is that Wales accepts different tests to the ones England does, but as i'm going on the eurostar too, and so travelling into England, I will most likely need to pay for and book the English and the Welsh ones so they let me back in and I don't get fined if they spot check me back in wales.

Oh god, that is annoying! 

:lol3: Thank you for warning us, I'll bring sunglasses just in case. :lmfao:

Still no idea what I'll wear, although I did find a long black velvet skirt in my wardrobe that I'd completely forgotten about, so if I can find a nice top that might be an option. 

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Wait really? Does this only apply to countries that are outside of the EU? 

Probably... It certainly seems easier for those in the EU and Schengen areas. 

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

@Heroit currently says you don’t need to get tested if you’re fully vaccinated. Or maybe I’m reading this wrong? 

3 hours ago, krysady said:

@Hero So I don't think you need the pre travel test :wink2:

Yes, currently, fully vaccinated people only need to provide proof of vaccination and a declaration form to enter France. :whew: It's getting back into the UK that requires the tests, pre and post return. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Yes, currently, fully vaccinated people only need to provide proof of vaccination and a declaration form to enter France. :whew: It's getting back into the UK that requires the tests, pre and post return. 

Ah, I thought by "pre travel" you meant entering France :doh:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mellody said:

exactly. :naughty: I didn't buy it as a carnival dress, it isn't actually one, but because I liked the glitter... but even tho I was in my 20s when I bought it, I only did wear it for carnival. I like to stand out a little, but not *that* much. :roftl:

You know, you can't talk about glittery dresses without showing a picture. :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Emily2b said:

The annoying thing is that Wales accepts different tests to the ones England does, but as i'm going on the eurostar too, and so travelling into England, I will most likely need to pay for and book the English and the Welsh ones so they let me back in and I don't get fined if they spot check me back in wales:crybaby: Hopefully it won't be too expensive..... Either way it will be worth it!!! At least at the moment we don't need to have covid tests to get into France, although I will do an at-home one before just to be safe! but those ones are free so thats something.

Emily, I think most "pharmacies" will test anyone who needs to be. When I got the jab (in a pharmacie) I saw two people coming in without an appointment and getting their tests done right away. But you might want to make appointments ahead of course. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Oh god, that is annoying! 

:lol3: Thank you for warning us, I'll bring sunglasses just in case. :lmfao:

Still no idea what I'll wear, although I did find a long black velvet skirt in my wardrobe that I'd completely forgotten about, so if I can find a nice top that might be an option. 

Probably... It certainly seems easier for those in the EU and Schengen areas. 

Have you considered staying in France? :naughty:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, virgi said:

Here in Paris I've seen plenty of covid test tents on the sidewalks (in front of big stores/inside malls etc, actually where you have to present a certificate in order to enter)!

I can't tell you how it works exactly (reservation, costs, if it's open to everyone, etc.) nor where they are situated, BUT I've just found this link, it seems you can find all spots and specific informations here: https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-depistage-covid/departement-75-paris.html 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I spent hours last night going from link to link trying to find out where you could get one with no luck!

3 hours ago, mellody said:

Ha, I still have no clue. 🙈 I actually have a glitter ball dress too, it has big round shiny silver sequins all over, but I only really wear that for carnival. a) it's too short and b) it's too glittery for me to feel comfortable wearing it anywhere else. 😅 So yeah, I still don't know what I'll be wearing. :dunno_grin:

Sounds absolutely incredible! you could always wear it as a long top, you can never have too much glitter! (especially at a mika concert!)

2 hours ago, Hero said:

that could look really pretty!! finding a top that goes will be the hard bit. I bought a beautiful bottle green suit that i thought could look nice but i can't seem to find the right top to go with it, anything i try just makes me look like i'm going to a meeting!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Emily, I think most "pharmacies" will test anyone who needs to be. When I got the jab (in a pharmacie) I saw two people coming in without an appointment and getting their tests done right away. But you might want to make appointments ahead of course. 

Thank you!! I probably will book something so I know I can definitely get a test and get home, although getting stuck in Paris wouldn't be the worst thing....:lmfao:

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

11 hours ago, Emily2b said:

Oh god yeah I forgot we needed to find a place to get tested in Paris so we can get back home! I have literally no idea how you find one though..

Yes, as we already was talking about it in this thread (?).

I contacted my hotel to ask them where we can do the tests to have the QR codes ( I wanted it for Deb and fans outside the EU). The girl gave me two addresses in Pantin close to the venue (one in front of my hotel).

But many pharmacies on Paris do the tests without any appointments. It takes about 30 minutes to have the result.

So if you need a QR for your flight back (or to take a train back) you can go to a pharmacie for it.

One thing - check first if they speak English!

The cost is about 20-30 EUR.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Emily2b said:

I bought a beautiful bottle green suit that i thought could look nice but i can't seem to find the right top to go with it, anything i try just makes me look like i'm going to a meeting!

I do like a nice suit. Work those accessories! Sparkly bag, funky shoes, statement jewellery. :lustslow:

Have you seen the personalised necklaces at Tatty Devine? There are different colours and font styles. I'm thinking of getting one with my username. Or Mika. Or ice cream. :naughty:

• Haha 2