2021 - Mika @ Philharmonie de Paris, 23 and 24 October

mellody

14 minutes ago, krysady said:

And I really really hope he'll sing Tomorrow at the Philharmonie as well! :wub2: 

If he doesn't sing Tomorrow I will be so sad because it is my fav song of his :wub2:

My dream  setlist includes Tomorrow, Origin of Love,  Les baisers perdus Ice Cream and Good Wife :swoon: I'm pretty sure Kids and Good Gone girl would be totally heavenly as well as Good Wife but it is unlikely that he sings them although you never know with Mika :wub2: and if he blesses us with new songs I'm pretty sure my heart will melt :cloud:

I had kind of refrained myself from hoping those concerts would happen but not anymore now...they are getting really close and I am daydreaming now :fangurl:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

If he doesn't sing Tomorrow I will be so sad because it is my fav song of his :wub2:

My dream  setlist includes Tomorrow, Origin of Love,  Les baisers perdus Ice Cream and Good Wife :swoon: I'm pretty sure Kids and Good Gone girl would be totally heavenly as well as Good Wife but it is unlikely that he sings them although you never know with Mika :wub2: and if he blesses us with new songs I'm pretty sure my heart will melt :cloud:

I had kind of refrained myself from hoping those concerts would happen but not anymore now...they are getting really close and I am daydreaming now :fangurl:

Me too ! I start to believe in it now ! The situation is better  in our country I would dare to think, I really think it will be OK (for now at last) !  :cloud:

I would love Tomorrow too. And Tiny Love, I'm sure it would be perfect in symphonic. I would love Heroes too, he made it before after all, and I never heard it live. But I think anything will be fine for me. I've dreamt of a symphonic concert for years, I will rediscover all the songs anyway so whatever he sings, I will be happy. I already told my father he must not be suprised if I start to pinch myself at a moment, because I will have  lot of difficulties to realise it will be real... :swoon:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Presci1108 said:

Me too ! I start to believe in it now ! The situation is better  in our country I would dare to think, I really think it will be OK (for now at last) !  :cloud:

I would love Tomorrow too. And Tiny Love, I'm sure it would be perfect in symphonic. I would love Heroes too, he made it before after all, and I never heard it live. But I think anything will be fine for me. I've dreamt of a symphonic concert for years, I will rediscover all the songs anyway so whatever he sings, I will be happy. I already told my father he must not be suprised if I start to pinch myself at a moment, because I will have  lot of difficulties to realise it will be real... :swoon:

Oh yes, Tiny Love and Heroes :wub2: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Presci1108 said:

I would love Tomorrow too. And Tiny Love, I'm sure it would be perfect in symphonic. I would love Heroes too

Yes, Heroes it is awesome in symphonic version, and the best is Last Party imo :wub2:

• Like 4

For the Fanaction, when I proposed the make posters with Thank You in all our languages I got told it wasn´t elegant enough for the Philharmony and Sinfonic concerts. So I think a mustache is also not elegant enough and will surely not suit to the dresses we all will wear. And to say the truth I will get my nails done from a nailartist for these concerts so they won´t be in different colours.

It´s a big differenz to plan a fanaction for a normal concert but for a Sinfonic concert it doesn´t suit in my and my friend´s opinion.

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, krysady said:

Yes, Heroes it is awesome in symphonic version, and the best is Last Party imo :wub2:

Symphonic versions of Tiny Love, Heroes, Last Party, Happy Ending.... Oh heck, I'll be buried in a pile of soggy tissues. You might have to pull me out afterwards. :lmfao: Worth it for that, 

sounds heavenly. :wub2:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hero said:

Symphonic versions of Tiny Love, Heroes, Last Party, Happy Ending.... Oh heck, I'll be buried in a pile of soggy tissues. You might have to pull me out afterwards. :lmfao: Worth it for that, 

:stretcher:

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero said:

I could swear I heard some angels singing after the Last Party ended, so yeah :naughty:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

For the Fanaction, when I proposed the make posters with Thank You in all our languages I got told it wasn´t elegant enough for the Philharmony and Sinfonic concerts. So I think a mustache is also not elegant enough and will surely not suit to the dresses we all will wear. And to say the truth I will get my nails done from a nailartist for these concerts so they won´t be in different colours.

It´s a big differenz to plan a fanaction for a normal concert but for a Sinfonic concert it doesn´t suit in my and my friend´s opinion.

For the moment we are just talking about any fan action. And our imagination runs in different directions :lol:

And what we will do in reality is another thing. Maybe nothing? We will discuss it in a bigger group. I think Deb would like to organize a special Zoom meeting to talk about the Paris event.

As for me I will not be so elegant like some girls mention here: special dresses, sequins, ect.

No nail polish, nor a dress ( I don't wear dresses). I will be elegant in my own way :wink2: So what is elegant and what is not - it's a question of taste. I am sure we will see people wearing jeans for this concert.

And I find moustache idea very funny and Mika will understand the meaning.

But it's not up to me to decide. Let's laugh a little :das:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For the moment we are just talking about any fan action. And our imagination runs in different directions :lol:

And what we will do in reality is another thing. Maybe nothing? We will discuss it in a bigger group. I think Deb would like to organize a special Zoom meeting to talk about the Paris event.

As for me I will not be so elegant like some girls mention here: special dresses, sequins, ect.

No nail polish, nor a dress ( I don't wear dresses). I will be elegant in my own way :wink2: So what is elegant and what is not - it's a question of taste. I am sure we will see people wearing jeans for this concert.

And I find moustache idea very funny and Mika will understand it.

But it's not up to me to decide. Let's laugh a little :das:

I have two special outfits for both nights and will enjoy to wear them as I don´t have often possibilities to wear elegant cloths

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

agree about the moustache thing - rainbow nailpolish might be elegant for me because usually I don't wear nail polish at all... :naughty: but the moustache idea sounds pretty chaotic to me. Funny, but starting to try and stick those things on our masks for a certain song would be pretty chaotic. :teehee: I do suppose it'd make Mika laugh - but remembering the atmosphere at the Montreal gigs, that wouldn't fit. He has to work together with dozens of musicians, we weren't even allowed to clap to the songs, because it was too distracting for the orchestra. Imagine him cracking up during a song, or having to ignore this funny action ... I'd prefer to keep this idea in mind for a gig in the future, maybe even one where masks aren't necessary anymore, then we could have a lot more fun with this. :thumb_yello:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

we weren't even allowed to clap to the songs, because it was too distracting for the orchestra

And for Mika too, he said he can't hear the orchestra and himself if the audience is clapping because he doesn't wear earpieces at these concerts.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

So maybe we should ask the Philharmonie about masks.

I will bring mine (blue or white).

Maybe in Versailles they prepared masks because the concert has been recorded? So the production organised it. I don't know.

Here in Poland I was at Jakub Jozef Orlinski concert a few weeks ago in a venue like the Philharmonie de Paris and everybody was wearing their own masks.

I think I read somewhere on the website/in an email they sent that you had to wear grade 2 medical masks but they didn't say whether they provided them or not because I made a note to bring some so that I could wear one under my pretty mask! Although there is a very good chance that I dreamt this:lmfao:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Emily2b said:

I think I read somewhere on the website/in an email they sent that you had to wear grade 2 medical masks but they didn't say whether they provided them or not because I made a note to bring some so that I could wear one under my pretty mask! Although there is a very good chance that I dreamt this:lmfao:

I doubt that they are going to provide them as it's now very easily to buy them  not only in Pharmacies but also in many supermarkets

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, carafon said:

I doubt that they are going to provide them as it's now very easily to buy them  not only in Pharmacies but also in many supermarkets

I think the same, I've seen the pics from yesterday at the Philharmonie and the audience is wearing different masks. And I'm glad that there's not so many empty seats to give a depressing image, it almost looks like a normal concert :original:

E-y-RZzXEAkkBf7.jpg

E-4E96iWQAUveq4.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/9/2021 at 10:39 PM, silver said:

We'll put the moustache idea on the back burner for now, then

I think at the right gig it could be hilarious.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:24 PM, mellody said:

agree about the moustache thing - rainbow nailpolish might be elegant for me because usually I don't wear nail polish at all... :naughty: but the moustache idea sounds pretty chaotic to me. Funny, but starting to try and stick those things on our masks for a certain song would be pretty chaotic. :teehee: I do suppose it'd make Mika laugh - but remembering the atmosphere at the Montreal gigs, that wouldn't fit. He has to work together with dozens of musicians, we weren't even allowed to clap to the songs, because it was too distracting for the orchestra. Imagine him cracking up during a song, or having to ignore this funny action ... I'd prefer to keep this idea in mind for a gig in the future, maybe even one where masks aren't necessary anymore, then we could have a lot more fun with this. :thumb_yello:

It's funny but I also think that it would be too much distraction if we do it for a specific song in the middle of the concert

I think we'd rather have them from the very beginning and keep it during the whole concert , kindda just an old fashion style ....or use the idea for a picture at the MFC tour boat party  

• Like 2

Finally, I'm here and able to join in the conversations! :roll1:

On 9/9/2021 at 4:39 PM, silver said:

We'll put the moustache idea on the back burner for now, then

I think at the right gig it could be hilarious.

I must say that I agree with silver here. I think the idea IS hilarious, but I really don't think it would be appropriate for the concert itself. As I think mellody said, at the Montreal symphonic concerts, Mika and the conductor Leclerc were both very concerned with keeping the atmosphere rather dignified. We weren't allowed to sing and clap along to the songs - the conductor "shushed" us! It seems that Leclerc is acting as conductor for these concerts, too, so I expect the atmosphere to be the same. :dunno:

On 9/10/2021 at 6:14 AM, krysady said:

I think the same, I've seen the pics from yesterday at the Philharmonie and the audience is wearing different masks. And I'm glad that there's not so many empty seats to give a depressing image, it almost looks like a normal concert :original:

E-y-RZzXEAkkBf7.jpg

E-4E96iWQAUveq4.jpg

This is a very useful photo! It does almost look like a normal concert, so I'm encouraged! Thanks for sharing it!

On 9/11/2021 at 8:35 AM, carafon said:

It's funny but I also think that it would be too much distraction if we do it for a specific song in the middle of the concert

I think we'd rather have them from the very beginning and keep it during the whole concert , kindda just an old fashion style ....or use the idea for a picture at the MFC tour boat party  

Yes, I think the idea for a photo at the boat party is perfect!

And speaking of the boat party... I finally have some info. I'm going to start a new thread for it, though, as I expect we'll have lots of discussion there.

One last thing before I start it, though... this article from a US travel magazine just came to my inbox the other day. I thought it was timely!

https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/2014-10-15/10-things-not-to-do-in-paris

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

One last thing before I start it, though... this article from a US travel magazine just came to my inbox the other day. I thought it was timely!

I was dead on on wearing sneakers, so I better take out my heels to strut the streets? :shocked:

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Thank you, this is very useful :flowers2: 

• Like 1